-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 13 of 29 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 28 29
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
>>Let me ask you this. If I rent you a beautiful home and you crap in the floor instead of in the toilet, is it my fault that it stinks?<<

Only if the landlord knew the renter would crap on the floor. What I do know, is that the person who cleans it up and who educates or tries to prevent someone from crapping on the floor again would be doing the right and good thing. Many here would criticize that person for preventing you from exercising your right to crap on the floor.

Now, if the landlord intentionally introduced an agent into the well that would cause the renter that drank the water to have uncontrollable, explosive diarrhea, then not only would he be responsible for it, he would be a big dick.

This is the closest I've read here to my concept of the God of the Bible. The problem with the folks here is they anthropomorphize God. I read in the Bible "for God loved the world" but I have not read where God loves each individual. In fact I have read the exact opposite: God hates certain individuals. The universe is His toy. I am fascinated by the creativity of God: The things we see as good and the things we see as bad seem to be the same to Him.

Another thing that fascinates me is the arrogance of so many here. They seem to think more highly of themselves than they should, based on the grand scheme of things. They reject the very basic tenant of science which is cause and effect. The effect is always less than the cause. This universe is running down. Why?

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
GB1

X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
Originally Posted by Calvin
I can't imagine what my life would be like if were an Atheist. One second and you are gone. No after life, just gone. Live it up, this is all you have.

Now this is getting interesting. I think the thought of not existing is very frightening to most people. I don't know why, it doesn't make sense but never the less it does seem to be the case. I wonder if that's the reason man has been looking to religion for so long, in the hope that he will find something after this life?

I've always thought it's a big part of the reason people have children too. You die, but you leave a part of you behind to carry on, so it's not quite so bad. I don't know why we should fear death so much. Dying I can understand fearing, as there are many unpleasant ways to go. But simply not being, why is it frightening? I don't know, it just is to probably the vast majority of people.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You all do realize our sun will go red giant?

Conrad101st
1/503 Inf., 2nd ID (90-91)
3/327 Inf., 101st ABN (91-92)
T
TF49 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by xxclaro
I can't imagine what my life would be like if were an Atheist. One second and you are gone. No after life, just gone. Live it up, this is all you have.

Now this is getting interesting. I think the thought of not existing is very frightening to most people. I don't know why, it doesn't make sense but never the less it does seem to be the case. I wonder if that's the reason man has been looking to religion for so long, in the hope that he will find something after this life?

I've always thought it's a big part of the reason people have children too. You die, but you leave a part of you behind to carry on, so it's not quite so bad. I don't know why we should fear death so much. Dying I can understand fearing, as there are many unpleasant ways to go. But simply not being, why is it frightening? I don't know, it just is to probably the vast majority of people.

Yep, "wired" that way by the Creator.

TF

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Originally Posted by TF49
Originally Posted by xxclaro

TF

Or "wired" by the biology of natural selection. grin

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence". John Adams

"A dishonest man can always be trusted to be dishonest". Captain Jack Sparrow
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted By xxclaro
Originally Posted By Calvin

This begs for the question, why is there an instinct for survival? Even bacteria move away from perceived threat.

Everyday Hunter
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Maybe the way that bacteria move away from danger and mutate every time we develop a new anti-biotic means that, just maybe, bacteria are actually the chosen organism that was created in god's imagine? He does seems to like them better.

Last edited by cooper57m; 03/26/15.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
bacteria move away from danger and mutate every time we develop a new anti-biotic

It's not they mutate, it's that there are certain ones that are resistant to certain dangers. The rest die off and the small group becomes the dominant group.

There were three bodies discovered in the premafrost. Some clever person decided to check for bacterial strains. Many were already resistant to several antibacterials.

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
RM- I get why you don't want to say bacteria mutate, but they do, readily.

Has anybody changed their mind yet on any ecumenical matters?

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
RM's GED is showing and not in a good way.

Takes a special kind of intellectual stink to believe that permafrost predates ancient natural selection and fungal antibacterial molecule families.

Last edited by carbon12; 03/26/15. Reason: uuuurp
IC B3

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by MadMooner
RM- I get why you don't want to say bacteria mutate, but they do, readily.

Has anybody changed their mind yet on any ecumenical matters?

I have. I think I'll hedge my bets, just in case I'm wrong, and join a church again. I'm thinking the Church of Scientology. They sound like a fun group.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Pete E
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Cooper, you and other proclaimed atheist here put yourselves in some damned fine company. Namely; Stalin, Lenin, Hitler, Pol Pot , Mao, Castro, etc., etc. and a few others.

Talking of genocidal maniac's, don't forget about God and the Flood...according to hi own word he drowned nearly every living thing including unborn babes, toddler's and children..

A few generations later he allowed his chosen people to be killed in their millions at the hands of Hitler..Again that included pregnant women and their unborn babies, toddler and children.

So if this biblical God does exist, he's not someone I would worship..

Well,,,at least you got your history portion right Pete. That's a step up for you.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Cooper, you and other proclaimed atheist here put yourselves in some damned fine company. Namely; Stalin, Lenin, Hitler, Pol Pot , Mao, Castro, etc., etc. and a few others.

Talking of genocidal maniac's, don't forget about God and the Flood...according to hi own word he drowned nearly every living thing including unborn babes, toddler's and children..

A few generations later he allowed his chosen people to be killed in their millions at the hands of Hitler..Again that included pregnant women and their unborn babies, toddler and children.

So if this biblical God does exist, he's not someone I would worship..

Well,,,at least you got your history portion right Pete. That's a step up for you.

Nice dodge Toot, but Religious types never like it when its pointed out that according to their own Bible their God has committed acts of Genocide and has promised to commits further acts in the future..

Last edited by Pete E; 03/26/15.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
No dodge at all, Pete. Them that don't listen to Him most certainly put themselves in harms way. You might want to read up on that. Then, again, you might not.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
No dodge at all, Pete. Them that don't listen to Him most certainly put themselves in harms way. You might want to read up on that. Then, again, you might not.

That sounds like a threat? I guess he is not so different to Allah after all...

I mean why create man with a free will, but then punishes those that choose to exercise it in a certain manner?

A woman has an abortion and the religious zealots work themselves into a frenzy..Their God "terminates" 99.9% of mankind with a flood, and that's ok!

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

I mean why create man with a free will, but then punishes those that choose to exercise it in a certain manner?

A woman has an abortion and the religious zealots work themselves into a frenzy..Their God "terminates" 99.9% of mankind with a flood, and that's ok!

Free will can get you in deep schitt and there are consequences as you've just noted. Good point.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

.... Religious types never like it when its pointed out that according to their own Bible their God has committed acts of Genocide and has promised to commits further acts in the future..

According to that line of thought, God commits murder every day. After all, people die every day, right?

Totally vacuous and lazy.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by BarryC

.... Religious types never like it when its pointed out that according to their own Bible their God has committed acts of Genocide and has promised to commits further acts in the future..

According to that line of thought, God commits murder every day. After all, people die every day, right?

And using the blanket, cover all the bases, answer "it's Gods will" to explain the unexplainable isn't vacuous and lazy?

You have to admit God can leave us with many questions.

Last edited by Sauer200; 03/26/15.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Sauer200
Originally Posted by BarryC

And using the blanket, cover all the bases, answer "it's Gods will" to explain the unexplainable isn't vacuous and lazy?

You have to admit God can leave us with many questions.

True. Seek and ye shall find. Maybe.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

What you fail to understand is that God isn't condemning people to Hell. They are already headed to Hell of their own accord. God has done everything possible to save them from Hell, including dying on a cross.

Page 13 of 29 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 28 29

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

518 members (264mag, 2500HD, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 1minute, 10gaugemag, 53 invisible), 1,864 guests, and 1,311 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,058
Posts18,521,375
Members74,023
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.