S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Originally Posted by Sauer200
Originally Posted by BarryC
Originally Posted by Pete E

.... Religious types never like it when its pointed out that according to their own Bible their God has committed acts of Genocide and has promised to commits further acts in the future..

According to that line of thought, God commits murder every day. After all, people die every day, right?

Totally vacuous and lazy.

And using the blanket, cover all the bases, answer "it's Gods will" to explain the unexplainable isn't vacuous and lazy?

You have to admit God can leave us with many questions.

True. Seek and ye shall find. Maybe.

I've given up seeking. When God wants me, God will know where I am.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

That sounds like a threat? I guess he is not so different to Allah after all...

I mean why create man with a free will, but then punishes those that choose to exercise it in a certain manner?

A woman has an abortion and the religious zealots work themselves into a frenzy..Their God "terminates" 99.9% of mankind with a flood, and that's ok!

It's not a threat, it's a promise. And if you do some math, you will see your number 99.9% is off by several decimals. Eight people survived the Flood. Figure people, according to the Book you are referencing, lived to be about 900 years old. They could have children to at least 500 years of age. If they only had a kid every twenty years and the Flood happened in the year 1656 after creation, you have lots more than 99.9% dead.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

According to that line of thought, God commits murder every day. After all, people die every day, right?

Never said that at all..

However you slice it, the Bible recounts numerous instances of God committing what amounts to Genocide..If you believe the Bible, and worship God, all you can really do is attempt to offer justification for that Genocide..

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ringman

I mean why create man with a free will, but then punishes those that choose to exercise it in a certain manner?

A woman has an abortion and the religious zealots work themselves into a frenzy..Their God "terminates" 99.9% of mankind with a flood, and that's ok!

It's not a threat, it's a promise. And if you do some math, you will see your number 99.9% is off by several decimals. Eight people survived the Flood. Figure people, according to the Book you are referencing, lived to be about 900 years old. They could have children to at least 500 years of age. If they only had a kid every twenty years and the Flood happened in the year 1656 after creation, you have lots more than 99.9% dead.

Stupid obviously knows no bounds.

No wonder someone got you to work for free for years.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

True. Seek and ye shall find. Maybe. [/quote]

I've given up seeking. When God wants me, God will know where I am. [/quote]

Well, Sauer, may the force be with you in your futility and you're all too right about Him being able to find you.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

Wow, just wow.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Pete E

Never said that at all..

However you slice it, the Bible recounts numerous instances of God committing what amounts to Genocide..If you believe the Bible, and worship God, all you can really do is attempt to offer justification for that Genocide..

No mortal being is asked to justify it only to heed it.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Okay...

8 people survived the flood.

People lived to be 900 years old.

They could have children to at least 500 years of age.

Seriously?

And you wonder why some of us question these things....

Things might have gone better if the original man, and the woman he made out of one of his ribs hadn't listened to what a talking snake had to say....

Seriously?

Last edited by ingwe; 03/26/15.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Hells bells, Ingwe. I'm 108 and just knocked up my neighbor's 89 year old daughter. Take that!

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Hells bells, Ingwe. I'm 108 and just knocked up my neighbor's 89 year old daughter. Take that!

Im wayyyyy behind the curve...

Im only 62...plumbing is in question as to working.

Even young women in their 70s wont look at me... frown

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
IC B3

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T

By your reckoning, how many years has it been since the flood and how long since the lifespan was 900 years?

Last edited by thirdbite; 03/26/15.
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
If only god was able to write his own "book" instead of pawning it of on humans to write.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
thirdbite if and as Scripture says that one day is like 1000 unto the L*rd and a 1000 days is like a single one unto the L*rd then J*sus has been gone close to 2 days, maybe.

Just for reference only as to time frames. ymmv, though.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by rimfire
If only god was able to write his own "book" instead of pawning it of on humans to write.

He has. It's called the Book of Life. Just hope we're in it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

He would never get it passed the Catholic Church! grin

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle

Not being able to write his own book sure raises another question about omniscience....

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by ingwe

Not being able to write his own book sure raises another question about omniscience....

It's called "Delegation".

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
so that's two thousand of our days?

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
But somehow he can write on a wall. Go figure?

'Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.' -Carl Sagan

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by ingwe

It's called "Delegation".

Delegation perhaps...but the follow-up is lacking....

Page 14 of 29 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 28 29

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

247 members (01Foreman400, 160user, 2UP, 257 mag, 37L1, 35, 23 invisible), 1,778 guests, and 921 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,505
Posts18,490,623
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.