Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
K
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K

A police officer has been taken to Boston Medical Center after being shot in the face tonight while a suspect has been killed, police said.

"We have one officer fighting for his life. He's in tough shape. He's in an induced coma," said police Commissioner William Evans. "He's in critical condition."

Evans identified the officer tonight as 34-year-old John T. Moynihan -- a former Army Ranger who served in Iraq and was honored at the White House last year for being one of the first responders in Watertown following the April 2013 firefight with the marathon bombers.

Chief William Gross told the Herald the suspect in the shooting was killed. No further information was available about the dead man.

Both were shot on Humboldt Avenue in the area of Ruthven Street shortly before 7 tonight after police pulled over a car. An innocent bystander was also wounded in the arm, police said.

At a press conference outside Boston Medical Center, Evans said the officer was shot under the right eye right after the car was pulled over and the officer "returned fire."

"The doctors are working hard on him," Evans added. "(The suspect) came out firing before our officers had time to react."

The shooting scene in Roxbury has been closed off as teams of officers sweep the area.

Evans said the shooting tonight points to a problem of danger on the streets.

"There's way too many guns out there and way too many kids running with them out there," he added.

Mayor Martin J. Walsh said tonight he's praying for the officer: "My thoughts and prayers are with the Officer injured tonight, his family and friends and the entire Boston Police Department during this difficult time. These acts of violence have no place in our neighborhoods. Our community is stronger than ever, and tonight we are thankful for all of those who put their lives on the on the line every day to protect our City."

Developing...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
prayers sent from here

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Prayers from here, as well.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Damn.......

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Prayers on the way.

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

IC B2

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
That sucks and I hope he pulls through. If he does, its still going to be tough.

I'm sorry, but this part of the story chaps my ass too:
Originally Posted by kamo_gari

"There's way too many guns out there and way too many kids running with them out there," he added.

The problem is they aren't "kids running with guns", they're criminals and you have a crime problem....

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Prayers for Officer John Moynihan complete recovery.

And good riddens to the perp who shot him.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Lot easier for the police commissioner to blame the 'prevalence of guns' than it is for him to blame the prevalence of criminals.
I hope the officer survives and heals up as well as he can.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
prayers sent from here

+1 from here

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by HawkI
That sucks and I hope he pulls through. If he does, its still going to be tough.

The problem is they aren't "kids running with guns", they're criminals and you have a crime problem....

You either stand with police or you stand against them and they have clearly spoken on this issue time and time again.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
IC B3

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
+1 for prayers

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J

Sherp, this is not the time and place for your snarky BS.

Prayers for the officer.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by sherp
Originally Posted by HawkI

You either stand with police or you stand against them and they have clearly spoken on this issue time and time again.

Originally Posted by jeffbird

Sherp, this is not the time and place for your snarky BS.

Prayers for the officer.

No snarky and no bs. Police officers do not want you to have the firearms privileges they are supposed to have.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Apologies to KG for high jacking this thread.

[Linked Image]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I also pray someone wasn't standing by with a cell phone camera so we can depend entirely on the police side of the story to prove the perp guilty.

Kudos to the state of Texas for trying to get us back to that better time. I am sure Massachusetts will follow since democrats tag along where Republicans have already blazed the trail.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/03/25/texas-cop-watcher-bill-under-fire-from-various-groups/

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
tired

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Prayers to this officer.

I'd rather have a bad day hunting than a good day working!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by mikeymjr23
Prayers to this officer.

+1

norm

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
Apologies to KG for high jacking this thread.

[Linked Image]

Then don't do it. Simply ignore the troll. Posting pics and such every time this moron shows up is another form of acknowledgement for him. He gets off on it.

Just put him on ignore and stick to it.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
He is on ignore,that's why it is pics.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

80 members (007FJ, 35, 444Matt, 7mm_Loco, 6mmCreedmoor, 12 invisible), 1,488 guests, and 858 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,370
Posts18,488,308
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.