-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I've been reading a lot of good reviews of the Browning X-Bolt lately. They seem to be an accurate, fairly lightweight rifle. I have one question about it though. Do you think the 4 hole mounting system is a good thing or just a marketing gimmick? I've never wished my scope mounts had 4 screws rather than 2 so I'm wondering if it's a solution to a problem that doesn't even exist. Also, would 4 holes weaken the receiver more than 2? What say you? Thanks.

Wag more, bark less.

The freedoms we surrender today will be the freedoms our grandchildren will never know existed.

The men who wrote the Second Amendment didn't just finish a hunting trip, they just finished liberating a nation.
GB1

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by River_Ridge
I've been reading a lot of good reviews of the Browning X-Bolt lately. They seem to be an accurate, fairly lightweight rifle. I have one question about it though. Do you think the 4 hole mounting system is a good thing or just a marketing gimmick? I've never wished my scope mounts had 4 screws rather than 2 so I'm wondering if it's a solution to a problem that doesn't even exist. Also, would 4 holes weaken the receiver more than 2? What say you? Thanks.

4 holes are needed because the receiver is so thin . I had one, thought that the magazine system was one of the better detachable designs. I thought the workmanship was great but I disliked everything else about it. I had the 7mm-08 SS Stalker. Was not worth what I paid for it.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
They are extremely accurate and durable rifles. I have four of the XBolt rifles and have hunted them hard from October through March and have never had a problem with the mounting systems.

Buy it you will be pleased.

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.
I agree that the four holes are probably a good idea due to the light weight / thin receiver.

I've owned four X-Bolts and looking into buying a fifth (the new Western Hunter model). They are nice and light and point like a quick-handling shotgun.

They have all shot extremely well. Far better than my previously owned Winchesters and Remingtons. I'd say none of them ever shot over 1 MOA - give or take a fraction - right out of the box with nearly any decent ammo. With loads they really like, they are .5-.75 MOA rifles.

I have never had any issues whatsoever with them. Never experienced any of the frozen triggers and such that others seem to have. I hunt in some fairly terrible weather at times, too. Montana, Idaho, Wyoming, South Dakota, Minnesota, Alaska and Canada have all seen my X-Bolt rifles.

I'd not hesitate in buying an X-Bolt, although I do feel their pricing might be just a bit higher than it should be. But, everything is getting more expensive these days.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

243 members (1minute, 16penny, 222ND, 219 Wasp, 10gaugemag, 33 invisible), 2,434 guests, and 1,129 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,551
Posts18,510,366
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.