Print Thread
Hop To
Page 23 of 29 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 28 29
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
TF49,

AS posted:

"Just because you experience something, doesn't mean it was real."

Seems like you will choose to remain a denier until your last breath.

My set of experiences includes that which yours does not. If you choose to remain a denier you can certainly believe that what I have experienced and continue to experience is not real.

I deny your claim of atheism. I wonder if your atheism is not real at all. Perhaps you have been under spirit and conviction and you cannot accept the sovereignty of god so you are in active rebellion. Yep, that's my view of your reality.

It sure seems like he's trying to evangelize the rest of us, doesn't it.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
GB1

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Ringman
TF49,

AS posted:

My set of experiences includes that which yours does not. If you choose to remain a denier you can certainly believe that what I have experienced and continue to experience is not real.

I deny your claim of atheism. I wonder if your atheism is not real at all. Perhaps you have been under spirit and conviction and you cannot accept the sovereignty of god so you are in active rebellion. Yep, that's my view of your reality.

LOL

T
TF49 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
TF49,

AS posted:

Yeah, idk, it's kinda like he is in denial, whistling past the graveyard or something. If he really does not believe in God, why would he be so vehement in that denial?

To be truthful, pride, self-sufficiency and a resentment toward being "judged" have been my constant companions in life and I think I am not the only one who struggles.

Thanks to be God for life in the Spirit!

TF

TF

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

T
TF49 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
TF49,

AS posted:

Read this quote a while back. Guy in Hollywood talking about atheists:

“I know these guys must believe in something, otherwise they wouldn’t get so angry about it, and they don’t like the fact that there’s a higher power out there that’s judging how they live their life.”

I may have felt that way in the past (read pride) but I have suffered so many Holy Spirit beat downs that I am making a bit of progress.

TF

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Of course, all the posters in this debate could be wrong!

When the time comes, we could up at the Pearly Gates only to find St Peter is wearing a dishdasha and shemagh! grin

Not sure who out of the posters will have the last laugh then!

IC B2

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Maybe youll get 72 virgins. wink

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Darn. I forgot. Sorry to get your hopes up, but moohamet still lies a moulderin in his tomb. You reckon virgins got in there-alive? You reckon they had any problem getting him stiff?

Last edited by eyeball; 03/29/15.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
The thing is that if I'm wrong as a Christian, all I've done is be a better person, love more people and try to help and encourage more people. If the atheist is wrong, he's lost everything.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
The thing is that if I'm wrong as a Christian, all I've done is be a better person, love more people and try to help and encourage more people. If the atheist is wrong, he's lost everything.

So if a person lives the same life as you(who are you "better"than?) and doesn't proclaim to know God he's doomed?

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
all I've done is be a better person, love more people and try to help and encourage more people.

Sorry, but christians don't have this market cornered.

You do realize you can live the same life without any religion dictating these actions? Do it because it's the right thing to do. It's really that simple.

'Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.' -Carl Sagan

IC B3

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C

Trotting out Pascal's Wager? I expected better of you.

Pascalian Christians may think that they have cleverly made a 'sure' bet.

If they think that, they are fools. To be a 'sure' bet, God has to take the wager. It is foolishness to assume that God is under any obligation to do so.

Last edited by carbon12; 03/30/15.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
thin_man,

You do realize you can live the same life without any religion dictating these actions? Do it because it's the right thing to do. It's really that simple.

Without Absolute Morality, who determines what's moral or right? The intercity folks seem to think anything they can get away with is fine. Who are we to say they are wrong without The Standard Setter?

Everyday Hunter
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
thin_man,

Without Absolute Morality, who determines what's moral or right? The intercity folks seem to think anything they can get away with is fine. Who are we to say they are wrong without The Standard Setter?

I argued this point in a religion class in high school:
If we use the Ten Commandments as the "standard" and remove the first four referring to God and how God demands to be worshiped the remaining six really make sense as a "standard" to live by regardless of a person's spiritual belief.

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
There is also the "Golden Rule" standard.

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence". John Adams

"A dishonest man can always be trusted to be dishonest". Captain Jack Sparrow
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
RM's Absolute Morality in action.

Hosea 13:16

"Samaria shall become desolate; for she hath rebelled against her God: they shall fall by the sword: their infants shall be dashed in pieces, and their women with child shall be ripped up."

Infants and aborted fetuses killed for the sins of their parents.

Cool huh?

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by TF49
TF49,

AS posted:

Read this quote a while back. Guy in Hollywood talking about atheists:

“I know these guys must believe in something, otherwise they wouldn’t get so angry about it, and they don’t like the fact that there’s a higher power out there that’s judging how they live their life.”

I may have felt that way in the past (read pride) but I have suffered so many Holy Spirit beat downs that I am making a bit of progress.

TF

I believe in lots of things, just no super natural powers.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by carbon12

Trotting out Pascal's Wager? I expected better of you.

Pascalian Christians may think that they have cleverly made a 'sure' bet.

If they think that, they are fools. To be a 'sure' bet, God has to take the wager. It is foolishness to assume that God is under any obligation to do so.

They also have to pick the correct god, so their wager is far from sure.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
thin_man,

And you are holding forth your God who endorses slavery as your standard setter?

How about doc eyeball's misogynist thread from a couple days ago, all endorsed by his interpretation of your Bible.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
thin_man,

And you are holding forth your God who endorses slavery as your standard setter?

How about doc eyeball's misogynist thread from a couple days ago, all endorsed by his interpretation of your Bible.

More misogynistic Biblical Absolute Moral Authority.

Rape a virgin.

Rapist needs to pay 50 Shekels (current exchange rate is 0.25 Shekels to the USD so pay 12.50 USD) to the the former virgin's father.

Perhaps not this guy but a guy like this guy.

[Linked Image]

But then the rapist gets to add the former virgin to his harem. Now that the former virgin is a wife of the rapist, she is obligated to be raped as much as the rapist desires.

To be fair, there is another upside. Rapist is forbidden to divorce the rapee no matter how much she begs for a divorce. grin

Can't hardly even buy a nanny goat for 12.50USD these days.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
antelope_sniper,

You keep forgetting we are the pots and God is the Potter. We are animated dirt and He is the Animator. You constantly borrow from God's laws of logic to argue against God. You seem to forget evolution is based on constant random change. Your brain is a random accumulation of chemicals which should not be depended on.

I have enough trouble remembering my posts. If you don't mind remind me of his statement, please. I might like it. smile

Everyday Hunter
Page 23 of 29 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 28 29

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

520 members (264mag, 2500HD, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 1minute, 10gaugemag, 51 invisible), 1,848 guests, and 1,292 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,059
Posts18,521,394
Members74,023
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.