Print Thread
Hop To
Page 20 of 31 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 30 31
R
Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
R
Oldman, I think Gene,you and me would make a good team, but we should hire Miles, to be our coach and spy,he's a smart and sneaky ole boy, and he could shoot a few shots to cover our little slip ups. Miles can shoot I know that for sure. rio7

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
but we should hire Miles

I work pretty cheap, when It is something that I like to do. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by RIO7
Bob, I know you are working with some hardship right now ,but you need to come to Ed's, I have some lies I haven't told you yet and it would be great to see you again. rio7

I'm gonna try!

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

B
B
If ya need a hand setting up and what not lemme know. Would be happy to help anyway I can.

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
With a name like that.... laugh

Last edited by websterparish47; 04/05/15.
IC B2

B
B
Looking forward to cooking crawfish with dad again this year. Glad yall liked em. It's an honor to around y'all.

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
It'l be great to see you again, Alan! I hope you've been doing well. This talking once a year business is for the birds. grin

You're welcome to come out before hand if you'd like. I suspect we'll have a couple of others slip in a day or two early, so I don't know how much there will be to do.

I just wrapped up a "Firearms For Actors" class here and had a ball. Took two actresses, neither one "country girls" and had them shooting everything from AR15, .22lr revolvers, .38 & .357 revolvers, 1911's, 20 ga SxS shotguns, autoloading shotguns, and my Shiloh Sharps, to traditional archery.

One young lady (originally from Madison, WI) had never touched a firearm OR a bow before yesterday. That girl can SHOOT! You should have seen the grins she gave us when she was shooting.

The other young lady LOVED the .357 revolver and the AR15. I had to wrestle the AR15 away from her. I think her grin will wear off in, oh, a month or so. She's headed home to tell her husband that he will be buying her a Model 60 and an M4. laugh

She is about 5'3", 115lb and had a blast (pun intended) shooting the Sharps.

I hope we have as much fun at the Gathering as we have had here for the last two days. grin

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Gene and Blue... What do yall think would be a suitable offering to Miles, for his super secret services?

Not that we would need it, but if he was to be the 'official firearm inspector', it could be advantageous (to make sure the other team was following the rules). whistle

I personally know a lady that cooks pecan pies, and could probably get her to cook one... or two... for the winning team. wink

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Oldman03
...I personally know a lady that cooks pecan pies, and could probably get her to cook one... or two... for the winning team. wink

Said lady had best find an armed guard that can shoot to watch over those pies.

And that's all I have to say about that...

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That's a classic Louisiana political move. AND I LOVE IT!!!

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What do yall think would be a suitable offering to Miles, for his super secret services?

I'll have you know right now, that I am an honorable man and can't be bought. That said, I will let you know also, that I can be rented. grin miles

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Looking forward to cooking crawfish with dad again this year.

Y'all did a great job last year, and I look forward to seeing you and the rest of your family again. miles

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I hope we have as much fun at the Gathering as we have had here for the last two days.

I see good things happening out of this, for You and the shooting community as a whole. Word of mouth is our best Ally. Salute! for a job well done. miles

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've seen Ed's Facebook posts on the classes, and think that's terrific stuff smile

Wonder if you could work some journalists and writers into the same classes?

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
...Wonder if you could work some journalists and writers into the same classes?

I'm sneaking up on them, Patrick. They follow actors and musicians constantly. One day, they will get curious enough to inquire and then, I'll have them. grin

Ed

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
I've seen Ed's Facebook posts on the classes, and think that's terrific stuff smile

Coworker did that for years. Before she bought her place Up on the lake, Sandra Bullock would hang out at his place so as not to be found! Lucky guy!

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Well dang it, looks like east Texas isn't in the cards this year as much as I'd like to be there.

Y'all have a Texas time!

David

How many obama supporters does it take to change a light bulb? None, they prefer to remain in the dark.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

George Bernard Shaw

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Sorry to hear that, David. I was really looking forward to seeing you again.

I hope we can get together sometime soon.

Ed

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Amen, sorry you can't make it, David!

I have some 530gr Postells ready for the Sharps. And a variety of other flavors of boolits

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kaywoodie

Coworker did that for years. Before she bought her place Up on the lake, Sandra Bullock would hang out at his place so as not to be found! Lucky guy!

Lucky indeed! I dated a girl in college who looked quite a bit like her. Saw her in a movie 20 years ago, and found myself digging up her bio, wondering if she was my old girlfriend. "Nope" was the answer. smile

Page 20 of 31 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 30 31

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

525 members (1badf350, 10gaugemag, 1minute, 204guy, 222ND, 1lessdog, 58 invisible), 2,530 guests, and 1,195 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,794
Posts18,516,111
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.