Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 21 of 31 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 30 31
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
OK, this is a tentative list of attendees. Please look it over and tell me who I'm missing. Of course, there's a bunch of folks I'd love to see attend that we haven't heard from yet, so this is JUST the beginning. I'd like to get a more complete total so we can make sure there's enough food and drink.

Ed & Barbara (thought we were going to sneak off, didn't ya?)
Miles Patton
RIO7 & Smoke
Oldman03 & his bride
ldholton & bride
WTXJ
tex n cal
labarr
curdog4570 & Peggy
Paladin(?)
Gunner500
Sharpsguy & Bride (HOPING!)
Texchech & bride
kaywoodie
tdd4570
Sponxx & family
TXRam (?)
Velvet Tines & Family
OSU Sig
Birdwatcher
dennisinaz (?)

eyeball was making noises as if he was coming, ltppowell is still a tentative, haven't heard boo from stxhunter, BrotherBart, SteveNO, or several other folks who were trying to make it last year.

What say y'all? The more the merrier!

Ed

Wish I could make it brother but hopefully to Quemado.

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
GB1

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Hey Ed, what's the direction of fire on the 200 yard prairie dog shoot?

Thanks,
Gunner

Trump Won!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
looks like east Texas isn't in the cards this year

Damn! Now we are going to have Gene shooting at washers and bragging on how He would school you, if you had been there. grin I am sorry that you can't make it. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by milespatton
looks like east Texas isn't in the cards this year

Damn! Now we are going to have Gene shooting at washers and bragging on how He would school you, if you had been there. grin I am sorry that you can't make it. miles

No problem there Miles, just make sure he uses 3/8" washers and a .45

How many obama supporters does it take to change a light bulb? None, they prefer to remain in the dark.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

George Bernard Shaw

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by gunner500
Hey Ed, what's the direction of fire on the 200 yard prairie dog shoot?

Thanks,
Gunner

Horizontal, slightly SW, range 200 yards. grin

One shot, cold bore, your choice of rifle, sights, caliber, and shooting position. Most shoot from a benchrest. Closest shot to the center of the orange dot on the PD silhouette wins. Ties will be decided by a shoot-off.

Part of the challenge is that there are three PD silhouettes per 8.5" x 11" sheet of paper. Two of the silhouettes are full body, one is half body. Shooters write their name in bold Sharpie next to their silhouette and then have to keep track of where it is among all the others. grin

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by eh76

Wish I could make it brother but hopefully to Quemado.

Keith, I fully understand.

We will miss you!

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Paladin
No problem there Miles, just make sure he uses 3/8" washers and a .45

I like the way you think. grin

Ed

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Well dang it, looks like east Texas isn't in the cards this year as much as I'd like to be there.

Y'all have a Texas time!

David

Back when you were working, you could always get off if there was powder to be burned. Now, as a man of leisure, you ain't got time for us no more.

I came thru Welch last week and prairie dogs and doves were plentiful.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by curdog4570

Well dang it, looks like east Texas isn't in the cards this year as much as I'd like to be there.

Y'all have a Texas time!

David

Back when you were working, you could always get off if there was powder to be burned. Now, as a man of leisure, you ain't got time for us no more.

I came thru Welch last week and prairie dogs and doves were plentiful.

Hah! Just when you thought I was a man of leisure, I get a call. May be headed to Sponxx's neck of the woods south of the borders, so wouldn't be able to make it anyway. If I get the job.

How many obama supporters does it take to change a light bulb? None, they prefer to remain in the dark.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

George Bernard Shaw

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
...I came thru Welch last week and prairie dogs and doves were plentiful.

If I let you win our shooting contest can we go shoot prairie dogs at Welch again? Chris is coming to visit again this summer. grin

Ed

IC B3

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Hi, Guys.
Have been a bit out of pocket but watching and anticipating the gathering in East Texas. It will probably be 110F, you know, so on the avaerage, we will be just right.

Seriously, I kept looking at the posts, and it seemed like I needed to do something, but couldn't figure what. Finally had an an idea last night - if we shoot metal plates at less that 50 yd, the general rule is lead bullets only to prevent the jackets rebounding at 180 degrees to the direction shot. This will cause a bunch of us to spill our sodas, not in a good way.

Have little experience here, so maybe somebody else has a different thought?

Regardless, really looking forward to seeing everybody again.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
...I came thru Welch last week and prairie dogs and doves were plentiful.

If I let you win our shooting contest can we go shoot prairie dogs at Welch again? Chris is coming to visit again this summer. grin

Ed

Propositions such as yours are handled by my agent, Miles.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

With all these new jobs/positions that I seem to be coming up with, I think I might be working too cheap. I would up my fee, but I don't know what it is now. cry miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by milespatton
With all these new jobs/positions that I seem to be coming up with, I think I might be working too cheap. I would up my fee, but I don't know what it is now. cry miles

Miles, I've always thought you were easy, just not cheap. grin

Let me know what the fee is going to be. Maybe some of Barbara'a famous Pecan Brownies?

Ed

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by labarr
Hi, Guys. Have been a bit out of pocket but watching and anticipating the gathering in East Texas. It will probably be 110F, you know, so on the average, we will be just right.

Leonard, It's good to see you chime in. I was beginning to think you weren't interested. grin

I am fervently hoping it wont be above the normal 80F in the daytime, and no lower than the normal 55F at night. The way this year has been going so far, we're running about 5F above "normal", so it still shouldn't be too bad.

I have fired literally thousands of rounds of rifle, pistol, and shotgun at steel targets from 10 yards out past 500 yards. That includes jacketed rifle pistol and monometal shotgun slugs. The only time I ever had a ricochet was at 10 and 15 yards when firing FMJ pistol rounds and fragments came back. No puncture wounds, just sting. Everyone should be wearing safety glasses when shooting steel. That's a given.

We won't be shooting steel any closer than 25 yards, with most of it being 50 yards and farther. We also don't shoot perpendicular to the face of the steel, so bullets and fragments don't come back uprange.

Most of our targets will be paper or plastic.

Looking forward to seeing you!

Ed

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Dang, wrote a smartass response and closed the browser!
Anyway, seems like we may be able to come, barring last minute emergencies. Adriana talks as if we are definitely doing it (much to her dismay, haha).
The kids don't know about it yet, but will be thrilled.
We'll tell them we we get back from Peru (flying this Friday and coming back on the 19th)

Thinking about the shooting and all the rigging going on, I think I will bring last year's "2nd place achieving" target and rent Miles to swap for this year's if I shoot a little stray.

David, where and when are you going?
I know some peeps with sweet intel on the doves
[Linked Image]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Pablo,

Dang, I could get into some of that pretty quick.

Not sure where other than Peru, but sometime next week is panic time. Yo pienso en la mina de oro, plata, o cobre, pero no se seguro. I'll let you know when I have something solid, when and where.

David

George Bernard Shaw

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
David. I have friends working en minas por todos lados. Travelling next week? I'll be there. Let me know

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Will do.

George Bernard Shaw

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We brainstormed and decided we should get a remote controlled car, mount a target holder on it, and use it for our charging dangerous game shoot. grin

Now, survivability of the vehicle may be problematic, is the only concern I have...

Have we started a list yet of who's bringing what?

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Page 21 of 31 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 30 31

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

549 members (10Glocks, 1minute, 1badf350, 10gaugemag, 204guy, 1lessdog, 62 invisible), 2,520 guests, and 1,167 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,794
Posts18,516,128
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.