Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 19 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 18 19
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
If the lawyers got to do the client selecting this time,99% of the one's with dreams of big paydays would pick the plaintiff side of this particular case, me thinks.

Assuming no justification whatsoever, and I was representing the LE side of this one, I'd quietly maneuver the payment of the cap and the sealing of the file/settlement.

The deceased man's spokesperson/family member I heard speaking this morning on FOX was articulate, intelligent and soft spoken. Even threw in the well played "not all police are to be judged by this one officer" line which is always good for an extra couple hundred K...which equates to approximately 66.6 K for the lawyer.

I'm on a roll. I think I'll call his family. Anyone have his Obama-Cell number?

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

GB1

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by isaac
If the lawyers got to do the client selecting this time,99% of the one's with dreams of big paydays would pick the plaintiff side of this particular case, me thinks.

Assuming no justification whatsoever, and I was representing the LE side of this one, I'd quietly maneuver the payment of the cap and the sealing of the file/settlement.

The deceased man's spokesperson/family member I heard speaking this morning on FOX was articulate, intelligent and soft spoken. Even threw in the well played "not all police are to be judged by this one officer" line which is always good for an extra couple hundred K...which equates to approximately 66.6 K for the lawyer.

I'm on a roll. I think I'll call his family. Anyone have his Obama-Cell number?

Stinkin' lawyers...

Hope you're doing well!

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
They won't even have to file suit. They'll just send a demand for policy limits.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You're not allowed.

Need a shill?

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I do spend time with some officers of the law. I have dinner with them at some clubs and some friends house when they have large gatherings and listing to the way they speak about the people they interact with and their general attitude is frightening. These are well respected officers and I certainly don't trust their judgment nor their integrity. I was raised to respect and trust law enforcement but life experience has changed my view. Twenty years ago I would have defended law enforcement just as many here still do and it would have been me saying it's just one bad apple. Today not so much. I would say that most officers are still good people trying to do a really hard job but the bad apples are getting way to common in the barrel and unfortunately they are infecting the apples around them. Since I don't know which officer I'll get when I call I just don't risk getting officer sociopath who is looking to wreck my life or even kill me. If I see something I just move along.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by ringworm

Your a fkin racist.

They've completely destroyed huge areas of every city in America. I didn't do that, they did, and then they blame Whitey and the cops for trying to keep some measure of civilization in those savage ridden areas.

This guy tried to assault a cop and he paid the price.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
He paid a price that he didn't deserve.

The cop's life was not in danger when he pulled the trigger 8 times.

Had he shot him while the assault was taking place, sure...but when he's RUNNING away?

C'mon...there's NO way that you can justify this.

And I couldn't give a rip about what color they are!

I'd rather have a bad day hunting than a good day working!
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
This, I would not trust today's LEO's with so much as my lunch money. I was raised by some of the old style sheriffs in Montana and they had a good understanding of right and wrong and their position in the community. I know that it is a different world nowadays, but this cops against the civilians is making a great gap in the populace.

I'd rather die in a BAD gunfight than a GOOD nursing home.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine

This guy tried to assault a cop and he paid the price.

You don't know that because you weren't there. The cop said he was assaulted; the same cop who was caught on video picking up the taser, walking over, and placing it next to the guy he just shot in the back.

If you choose to believe the guy assaulted the cop, I have a used Yugo I'd like to sell.

It doesn't matter anyway, the law is clear on whether deadly force is justified when someone unarmed is running away from you.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by mikeymjr23
...but when he's RUNNING away?

That was running? Looked more like Fat Albert hustling after a can of beans.

Seems like the cop could have jogged up beside him had he been so inclined.

Black Cows Matter!
IC B3

L
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
L
Let me wake some people up to a little reality...
You can only use deadly force at the moment force is required and nessasary.
You can not use it in retaliation post incident.
If a guy mugs me and sticks a knife in my face then turns and runs I can't shoot him in the back.
Because the black man committed a crime by resisting arrest with force, the instant his quit physically resisting and began to run away (passive resistance) the use of deadly force was no longer justified.
Its called revenge.

What if he slices your belly open and then drops the knife and runs?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JP_Lucas
If a guy mugs me and sticks a knife in my face then turns and runs I can't shoot him in the back.
Because the black man committed a crime by resisting arrest with force, the instant his quit physically resisting and began to run away (passive resistance) the use of deadly force was no longer justified.
Its called revenge.

What if a bullfrog had wings? Would he bump his ass when he jumped?

There was no lethal force used or in play, there was no serious bodily injury or life-threatening injury sustained or even at risk. You have a minor (if any) altercation, a suspect turn to run (slowly, at that), and the officer very calmly and coldly pull his sidearm without attempting any other recourse and shoot the suspect in the back several times. The officer then takes an object (likely the Taser) and plants it near the deceased suspect in an attempt to justify the shooting and clearly in tampering with the crime scene and evidence.

You can "what if" your ass into any scenario you can come up with, but it won't change this one at all.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Reminds me of Scott Tschirhart.

By the way, in case you missed it, Jeremiah was a bullfrog.
L
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
L
He didn't say in this instance. He said if a guy stuck a knife in his face.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Completely different circumstance, and that's not what you said.

If you can stay consistent and on subject, you might learn something.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
L
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
L
If you will read the post I commented to maybe you will learn something.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by JoeBob

So, absent this video, does anyone really think that this cop wouldn't have one hundred percent gotten away with this?

People seldom get away with murder. I'll pose a question to you. Realistically, even without witnesses or video, how was he going to explain a guy shot from long range six times in the back to the FBI?

Thin blue line

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If you will read the post I commented to maybe you will learn something.

Here's the post you commented on, with your comment:

Its called revenge.

Now, that is not what you claimed you said:

Thus, this reply of mine remains accurate:

Originally Posted by 4ager

Completely different circumstance, and that's not what you said.

If you can stay consistent and on subject, you might learn something.

If you haven't a clue about when deadly force is justified, it's probably best to STFU or at least ask a reasonable question such as "when is deadly force justified", and not "what if" you way around in circles you can't even keep straight.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
They won't even have to file suit. They'll just send a demand for policy limits.

Yes. 'Cept there are prolly no policy limits for the jurisdiction.

Communists: I still hate them even after they changed their name to "liberals".

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
This shooting is Exhibit fricking "A" for what so many have been saying for so long. And there it is in plain view for everyone to see. The video is rather surreal as it shows a man more or less running, but a slow run...more like jogging, away and the cop appearing to pretty calmly take his pistol out and fairly methodically gun him down in the back, and then calmly plant a Taser near his body.

And it is complete contrast to what was initially reported by the police when they didn't realize there was a video.

This kind of thing is powerful. This video may eventually have an effect all out of proportion to what we think. It wasn't even a case where the cop was over excited or an obvious idiot. He just shot the dude in the back.

So, absent this video, does anyone really think that this cop wouldn't have one hundred percent gotten away with this?

Joe Bob, you nailed it.

Communists: I still hate them even after they changed their name to "liberals".

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.
Page 6 of 19 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 18 19

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

532 members (219 Wasp, 1lessdog, 1minute, 2500HD, 06hunter59, 204guy, 55 invisible), 2,430 guests, and 1,352 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,894
Posts18,518,374
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.