Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 12 of 19 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 18 19
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
That video looked like an execution. Cop was much to calm during and after shooting.

GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Another Taser incident came in September of 2013, when Police Officer Michael Slager jolted a man named Mario Givens as he was led from his home in his underwear. A witness named Yolanda Whitaker contended that Givens had done nothing to provoke the tasing and Slager was investigated for use of excessive force. The complaint was deemed unfounded.
Givens had actually called in a burglary report.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm thinking I wish a taser looked and felt nothing like a handgun in the hand. I'm thinking that once you get used to pulling out a handgun-shaped object from a holster, pointing it at someone, and pulling the trigger without them dying it becomes so much easier for that to happen with a handgun when you're rushed, wound up, and not thinking right.

Were ya ever rushed driving into work, and then made some poor driving decision to save like at most a few seconds and then immediately felt stupid for doing whatever you did after the fact?

Closest I personally came to killing someone that I know of was in Africa, when I was driving a Landrover down a horribly-paved road for the vaccination team. Trying to get around a truck at speed I came like an inch or two from taking out a woman who was walking down the side of the road carrying a heavily-loaded pot on her head.

Clearly that Cop weren't thinking right when he pulled that gun and started pulling a trigger to solve a problem. Then RUNNING over to grab the taser in that "OH F&&K!" moment when he realizes the guy is really shot. A moment's panic that will cost him the rest of his life.

But, he's guilty, same as I would have been if I had killed that lady.

I'll bet he really wishes he would have missed right now.

JMHO,
Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If he's too damn stupid to tell the difference between his pistol and his TAZER, even in the heat of the moment, then he shouldn't be carrying either of em'...!

Looks like he knew damn well what he was doing. He murdered the guy.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by antlers
If he's too damn stupid to tell the difference between his pistol and his TAZER, even in the heat of the moment, then he shouldn't be carrying either of em'...!

Yeah it's kinda hard to rip off 8-9 shots out of a tazer.

He knew what he was doing. His goose is cooked because of it.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Yup. That boy should have had a job sitting behind a computer somewhere, talking on the phone. He didn't have a very successful career in law enforcement.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I was under the impression that his initial statement was that he used deadly force because the man had taken the taser away( AFTER DEPOYMENT) and he was afraid it would be used against him.
How a deployed taser dragging behind a suspect 30 feet away is going to used is beyond me.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

I put a bullet through a wall once, when "dry firing" a revolver, see I had gotten my subconscious used to pulling a trigger without consequences. Likewise I've locked myself out of places more'n once because, without thinking about it, some object in my hand or pocket subconsciously felt like my bundle of keys.

According to the guy who recorded the video, both the Cop and perp/victim had been down struggling on the ground just moments before. Both of these individuals were likely stressed, neither thinking right..

Even if the Cop is a stone-cold psychopath, he'd have to be pretty fuggin stupid to take the risk of shooting someone at that place and time.

Best case scenario here.... the Cop had tasered other people before, maybe already had tasered this guy before they went down, next step he pulls out the next object, points it at the guy, and without thinking it through starts pulling a trigger to solve a problem.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Yup. That boy should have had a job sitting behind a computer somewhere, talking on the phone. He didn't have a very successful career in law enforcement.

Maybe he will do better in his next career...
Cum Dumpster for Cell Block C.
[Linked Image]

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ringworm
I was under the impression that his initial statement was that he used deadly force because the man had taken the taser away( AFTER DEPOYMENT) and he was afraid it would be used against him.
How a deployed taser dragging behind a suspect 30 feet away is going to used is beyond me.

I figure that was him trying to talk his way out of it after the fact.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Furthermore, if that videotape didn't exist, and there were no witnesses...even despite the forensic evidence...that murderin' prick wouldn't be in the trouble that he's in now. The evidence would be suppressed, or 'changed', so that the municipality and the department that he works for wouldn't be cast in a negative light, and more importantly...they wouldn't have to fork over millions of dollars like they're gonna have to now. And 'those' decisions would come from up high.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Yeah it's kinda hard to rip off 8-9 shots out of a tazer.

What? You don't keep using the trigger of a taser until the guy goes down?

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Maybe it's just me...

But I kinda get the impression that the cop just wasn't "quite right" in the head.

That can be a long or short term situation, but that's the impression I have.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Furthermore, if that videotape didn't exist, and there were no witnesses...even despite the forensic evidence...that murderin' prick wouldn't be in the trouble that he's in now. The evidence would be suppressed, or 'changed', so that the municipality and the department that he works for wouldn't be cast in a negative light, and more importantly...they wouldn't have to fork over millions of dollars like they're gonna have to now. And 'those' decisions would come from up high.

Just like all the other guys shot eight times in the back, right?

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Furthermore, if that videotape didn't exist, and there were no witnesses...even despite the forensic evidence...that murderin' prick wouldn't be in the trouble that he's in now.

Well, one thing's for sure, that brief video is now eternal: Gonna be replayed by every collection of Leftist radicals and Leftist bleeding hearts, gonna be replayed endlessly by the likes of the Jacksons and Sharpstons of the World, and oughta be replayed at some point at every Cop training academy for the foreseeable future.

Birdwatcher

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Reading these posts has been an education in a very bad sense. I didn't realize there were people that would publically show much ignorance and hatred they had for people that are different than themselves. People that hate Jews, Catholics, and/or people of different skin color are totally amazing in a most horrible way. I truly hope I never have to meet you. Your views are totally disgusting.
I have lived 5 continents and have lived in many states from California to New York. I never heard such stupid racist anti-(anybody but me) comments from people.
It must be hell to be you.

Last edited by Bugger; 04/09/15.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ltppowell

Just like all the other guys shot eight times in the back, right?

Pedro Oregon was shot 12 times "from behind" by members of the Houston Police Department while he was lying face down on the floor of his apartment with his arms and hands out in front of him. They had raided his apartment on a drug tip. They didn't find any drugs in the apartment or on or in the dead mans body. None of the officers went to jail. I lived down there at the time this happened. For you to deny that stuff like what I posted 'does' happen is not surprising.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

I didn't say he thought it was his tazer.....

...I don't think "thought" really entered into it....

...the Cop had just been down wrestling with the guy, the tazer had already come out and been deployed.

My take; the Cop wasn't thinking, he was reacting, which is what people do in such circumstances. In this case his de-facto "training" was that you pull an object from your belt, point it at the problem, and pull a trigger to solve it.

Then he compounded his error by lying about it, moving said tazer being a part of that lying.

In retrospect the best he could have done after the fact would have been to say "Damn, I fugged up, I'm guilty, I'm so sorry" and thrown himself on the mercy of the court.

Might have been out in what? five or ten?

JMHO,
Birdwatcher

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
He should be given just one round, save himself and everybody a lot of trouble.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
When he goes back for the taser the second officer was not on the scene.
He turns after cuffing and jogs back, picks up the taser and heads back to the shot man.
When he sees the second officer he, nonchalantly drops the taser near the body.
I can't say why, I can only say that in my 8 years in LE I can absolutely tell you that this action, in and of itself, is grounds for termination and criminal charges. It is tampering with evidence.
After a few seconds the 2nd officer says something to him.
They both look towards the taser and then he picks up the taser and reholsters it in its holster on the LEFT side.
No wires are attached, the yellow black stripped cartridge is not on the unit or it couldn't be reholstered.
The physical facts will follow like this.
At such and such time and date officer 1 attempted to effect an arrest on suspect. A physical altercation ensued and the officer used his taser to gain compliance. The suspect was temporarily incapacitated. Upon gaining physical control the office dropped the taser to the ground to handcuff the suspect and quick point the suspect rose to his feet and exited stage left.
Officer then drewchis sidearm and without uttering verbal commands fired shots, striking and dropping the suspect.
The officer then went to the suspect, handcuffed him and returned to the initial site of the confrontation, retrieve bed the taser and brought to to the suspect where he dropped it beside the suspects body.
A second officer arrived, knowing a shooting had ocoured (blue gloves) and requested a kit (trauma kit). While bent over the suspect visually examining him he says something to officer 1 who picks up the taser a d reholsters it.
Upon arrival on the scene, officer 3, supervisorremoves the taser from the holster and retains it.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
Page 12 of 19 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 18 19

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

554 members (1OntarioJim, 222ND, 1badf350, 257Bob, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 2500HD, 56 invisible), 2,457 guests, and 1,296 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,904
Posts18,518,553
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.