-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
16B, since you're the only Tikkler aficionado still hanging around, do me a favor and pop the cork off your T3, close the bolt in the action, and post a pic looking down the left lug raceway. Maybe I can learn somethinggrin

Below are pics of the RAR and its fat bolt. Wish it had the magical shroud?! Heard that Boxer "tested" the gas handling on his RAR without incident but I think it might have just been a pierced primer. Gas handling is SO overrated anyway and stray gas events NEVER happen to anyone grin

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited by 4th_point; 04/08/15.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Maybe you could just check your other 3 or your "coupla buds" and find out about their gas stories. Kimber stories might be cute too. Or maybe the one about kouches and [bleep].

I might have you confused with someone else though....

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Interesting.

Jason

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 16bore
Maybe you could just check your other 3 or your "coupla buds" and find out about their gas stories. Kimber stories might be cute too. Or maybe the one about kouches and [bleep].

I might have you confused with someone else though....

Oh boy. Sorry to hurt your feelers about your Tikkler(s)! Its hard to hide, isn't?

How about discussing "rifle design"? No... too much to ask? Gotta resort to worthless comments, avoidance, and re-direction. Classic, I love it!

I get it. You get annoyed if someone picks on the Tikkler design, but you're not willing to have a two-way discussion. You just want to dance around and make the other side provide the info.

Go back and read what I wrote. If you have a problem with my comments about Tikkler gas-handling, then come back with some information. I already stated that I'm willing to learn, but prove your point with something other than re-direction. Is it that freaking hard, really? And I mentioned that there are many good qualities about Tikkas. And... wait for it... gas handling might not be a deal breaker!

Prove me wrong 16B and I'll admit it. But if you want to go 'round and 'round with your silly game, I'll let you run yourself tired. The bail is open 16B. Run 16B, run!

This is great!!!

Jason

PS - all (5) Tikklers are gone. Since you're too shy to post pics of what lies beneath the magical shroud I'll see about borrowing a T3. But then what? Will you tuck tail and run away? PLEASE prove me WRONG!

This is too freaking funny!!!

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 16bore
Mas Tikkuila....

Too much Tikkuila, sunshine?! We'll talk tomorrow after you rest.

I'm on pins and needles awaiting your knowledge of the Tikkler magical shroud.

This is going to be great!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What was your point again?

Here's an oldie, but a goodie. Not sure exactly what you want me to "prove", other than I have a Tikka. Never had 5. Still waiting to hear what you learned at Tikka #5 that didn't matter with Tikka #1 thru #4.

[Linked Image]

There is a channel on the left. Ok, now I suppose you're going to tell me the Ruger T-3 is better than the Tikka T-3. Got it. Probably easier to use the "search" function as anything you could possibly say about either has already been said. And most likely more than a few times.

Now get back to cutting and pasting.

Be sure to site your source.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You didn't like my comment regarding Tikkler stray gas handling in the left raceway. Your pic shows there is nothing there to stop the gas, other than the magical shroud.

So what issue do you still have with my comment, as you proved my point?

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Of course, there is this. Watch the Tikka at 23 seconds. There is no gas escaping backwards. Period.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4AqMl1A4aQ

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 4th_point
You didn't like my comment regarding Tikkler stray gas handling in the left raceway. Your pic shows there is nothing there to stop the gas, other than the magical shroud.

So what issue do you still have with my comment, as you proved my point?

Not sure where I said anything about your comments on gas handling nor which point I proved, other than there is a channel on the left side of the bolt.

You're barking at a mailbox.

IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by David_Walter
Of course, there is this. Watch the Tikka at 23 seconds. There is no gas escaping backwards. Period.

Hmm the shroud did not fly off the back of the bolt like our "Expert GAS Handler" said it would. Anxiously awaiting his/her explanation of why it did not, perhapshe/she does not realize it but escaping gas whether it comes thru a .050 hole or a 3/8" hole is still bad for the shooter. He/She might also realize that the design of the bolt is of paramount importance ie how much the rear of the cartridge case is exposed.

Appears to be a place on either side of the cocking piece of the RAR where gas could fly out of . grin

Last edited by Oldelkhunter; 04/09/15.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Good deal David. Can't watch it at work but will check it out later.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by David_Walter

That was a great video David. However, that was an obstructed barrel test, not a case-rupture test. The brass would still act as a gasket and seal the chamber. And remember that chamber pressures dropped by the time the bullet hit the obstruction compared to a partially lodged bullet followed by a case rupture.

A bullet was driven 10cm from the muzzle to act as an obstruction, the rifle clamped, then fired. It showed the strength of the barrel from bursting. Its also unclear if the bullet dislodged the obstruction as the rifles that did not burst recoiled backwards. Notice that the ones that busted didn't move in the vise.

Still an interesting test, but not representative of a ruptured case and gas handling.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

Hmm the shroud did not fly off the back of the bolt like our "Expert GAS Handler" said it would. Anxiously awaiting his/her explanation of why it did not, perhapshe/she does not realize it but escaping gas whether it comes thru a .050 hole or a 3/8" hole is still bad for the shooter.

See explanation above. You should really "think" before you "write"!

Too funny!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
To Mrs. Oldelkhunter and 16Bore,

Since you wanted me to do the searching, snipping and pasting for you, I found a few posts regarding the magical shroud. I admit that this first one is lame, but better than the busted barrel test!

Link

[Linked Image]

Last edited by 4th_point; 04/09/15.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

This one is better than the last one. "Snip and post", at your requestgrin

Link

[Linked Image]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

These get better yet. The posts below come from The Kid, a gunsmith and sponsor at the Alaska forums. Snip and Post, at your request.

Link1

Link2

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yet you had 5 and recommend them to your "buddies". Don't drool on the red one, you ain't gonna find any.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Tikka gas handling isn't a deal breaker, just something to factor into the overall equation. Denial isn't the same as an informed decision though.

Don't trust the factory magical shroud, 16B? grin

Last edited by 4th_point; 04/09/15.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

Hmm the shroud did not fly off the back of the bolt like our "Expert GAS Handler" said it would. Anxiously awaiting his/her explanation of why it did not, perhapshe/she does not realize it but escaping gas whether it comes thru a .050 hole or a 3/8" hole is still bad for the shooter.

See explanation above. You should really "think" before you "write"!

Too funny!

You should not post on a subject you have zero knowledge of. The Kid is that another name you post under?

Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

565 members (222Sako, 1beaver_shooter, 2500HD, 12344mag, 257 roberts, 204guy, 57 invisible), 2,280 guests, and 1,270 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,506
Posts18,509,299
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.