Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 17 of 19 1 2 15 16 17 18 19
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Which part? The part where he says there are approximately 400 people killed by LE every year?

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Originally Posted by Harry M
Originally Posted by ltppowell
No. Not every unjustified death is a murder, any more than if somebody is killed by somebody that is not an LEO.

I'm not so sure they get a Murder conviction on this one

I'm surprised at your response, you are usually neutral on these types of cases.....

And i'm still Neutral, i'm not so sure they get a MURDER conviction on this.

I would guess manslaughter.

Unless of course they try and make an example of the dummy.

Last edited by MadMooner; 04/10/15.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
The real damage that will be caused by this is that an increasing number of police will become so risk averse because of incidents like this that they will stop doing anything proactive in minority neighborhoods.

There have always been those that figured it out early that if you do very little, there is very little risk, either to you physically or professionally. The term I heard used was FIDO. Fugg It-Drive On. They would respond to calls and not much else, kind of like firemen.

However the GOOD inner city residents that have to live with the out of control a-holes, (that have little or no fear of being stopped by risk averse police) are really the ones that suffer. And the reality is that most of the people stuck in the inner cities are good.

The good inner city residents will continue to be the victims, and call. The officers will respond from the station, or from wherever they are holed up, and will have blinders on until they get to their assigned call.

Meanwhile, the inner cities will spin faster into their death spiral, as more and more decent folks find a way to move out leaving a higher and higher percentage of a-holes left and police who are afraid to actually "police" drive in circles responding to calls after the fact.

A "tragedy?" Perhaps, but not as tragic as the thousands of innocent inner city residents who will become victims of their own people who are emboldened when police are afraid to do their jobs.

Last edited by cv540; 04/10/15.

"Put none but Americans on guard tonight."
-George Washington
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Which part? The part where he says there are approximately 400 people killed by LE every year?

Yes, he clearly states a LE has a 1/4000 chance of being killed on the job.

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.
Thomas Jefferson

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Thats my guess too MM. They may get a murder rap, I don't know how the statute reads inSC, but here, to satisfy murder, you have to prove the defendant had the proper intent

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

IC B2

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by cv540
The real damage that will be caused by this is that an increasing number of police will become so risk averse because of incidents like this that they will stop doing anything proactive in minority neighborhoods.

There have always been those that figured it out early that if you do very little, there is very little risk, either to you physically or professionally. The term I heard used was FIDO. Fugg It-Drive On. They would respond to calls and not much else, kind of like firemen.

However the GOOD inner city residents that have to live with the out of control a-holes, (that have little or no fear of being stopped by risk averse police) are really the ones that suffer. And the reality is that most of the people stuck in the inner cities are good.

The good inner city residents will continue to be the victims, and call. The officers will respond from the station, or from wherever they are holed up, and will have blinders on until they get to their assigned call.

Meanwhile, the inner cities will spin faster into their death spiral, as more and more decent folks find a way to move out leaving a higher and higher percentage of a-holes left and police who are afraid to actually "police" drive in circles responding to calls after the fact.

A "tragedy?" Perhaps, but not as tragic as the thousands of innocent inner city residents who will become victims of their own people who are emboldened when police are afraid to do their jobs.

If I may say I think it shouldn't mean any such thing. If it does mean what you say the LE is seriously broken.

Take every case on a case by case issue. This Cop is/was a bad Cop and did not have the discipline to be a LEO.

He will pay for this for the rest of his life. It should mean nothing when compared to other cases as painting with a broad brush is wrong.

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.
Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
no idea what the story is with this website but apparently this website is dedicated to documenting people killed by police.

400 is going to come in a little low for 2015.

According to that site, 111 people died thru police encounters (not limited to shooting) in March alone.

http://www.killedbypolice.net/

Last edited by KFWA; 04/10/15.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 4ager
Originally Posted by bea175
He made only one mistake , he let someone film it

So, shooting an unarmed man - with no justification - in the back and then trying to frame it as justified wasn't a mistake?

JFC.

A decade or so ago it wasn't and with any luck we can get back to the way it once was and still should be.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Yes, he clearly states a LE has a 1/4000 chance of being killed on the job.

All info from the UCR. Homicides only. There are approximately 500,000 LEO's in the United States. Somewhere around 150 are killed by criminal assault every year. That's actually about 1/3500, but I was being liberal. Of course, a huge percentage of those guys are things like Department of Agriculture Agents and administrators. The odds go way up for the average patrolman and special unit officer that initiate contacts with the criminal element.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I bet the prosecutor gets him off the hook as should be the case.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBS_is2DQiU

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ingwe

Is there any instance where it would be justified in shooting a suspect while fleeing?

If and only if he is deemed an immediate threat to society at large. i.e. if he just shot half a dozen people and was still armed, you would have reason to believe he is an immediate threat. This guy wasn't. Past due child support doesn't quite qualify.

Not so sure about that or otherwise the officer here wouldn't have fired at the dead beat dad.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
Originally Posted by deerstalker
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
Originally Posted by ingwe
Where is Sherp on this one? Figured he'd be dancing naked in the streets...

Hard to type with both hands down your pants.

one to find it with and one holding the tweezers?

Something like that.
Or maybe one in the front and one in the back.
Who knows with that little cocksukker?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Get your minds right on this:

http://forums.officer.com/t199100/

The officers have plenty of explanations on how the shoot was good.

And they are real officers since officer.com has a vetting process:

http://forums.officer.com/t198899/

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Your shoes are on the wrong feet.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
[quote=sherp]I bet the prosecutor gets him off the hook as should be the case.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBS_is2DQiU [/quote

Glad to see you are finally taking a liking to LEO's Sherp.

Last edited by MGunns; 04/10/15.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MGunns
[quote=sherp]I bet the prosecutor gets him off the hook as should be the case.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBS_is2DQiU [/quote

Glad to see you are finally taking a liking to LEO's Sherp.

Always have supported police. And I think they should be exempt from all laws, just like most of them think they should be.

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
So did you get your shoes on right?

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Also watching Ted Cruz speak at the NRA convention on "Cam & Co." on the Sportsman Channel... channel 605.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Darn,now to "Savage Outdoors."

No more Cruz. frown

It was the NRA-ILA Leadership forum. Cruz did very well IMHO.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC

Ken
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I guess the stats that the Lt. posted ain't that bad, unless of course it happens to be you.

Page 17 of 19 1 2 15 16 17 18 19

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

539 members (1badf350, 2500HD, 1941USMC, 219 Wasp, 1lessdog, 1minute, 52 invisible), 2,439 guests, and 1,326 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,899
Posts18,518,456
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.