Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
G
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
G
Heard that another diary farm in Southern California is calling it quits, with "EVERYTHING" including the land going up on the Auction Block this weekend... guess the sale started Friday evening.

It was in the paper yesterday and probably the dairy's association news months ago. Don't recall the family's name right off, but it was a couple brothers that was forced out from the Chino Valley area about 10 years ago due to environmental laws dealing with ground water pollution and developers encroaching.

Guess they tried to start up a pair of new locations of about 4,500 acres each up in the Bakersfield, CA area, but it just didn't work out. Think it was just people not wanting them in their back yard more than any environmental requirement.

Shame really, because from what I understand they are one of the oldest diary farming family's in California and while in the Chino Valley were known for their top quality product, humane treatment of stock, and quality equipment.

Think the auction is supposed to last all week with everything going, equipment and about 5,000 head of top quality stock.

Auction Site;

Link

Phil

Last edited by Greyghost; 04/12/15.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Tell me again why we need California

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
A place to keep all the fruits and nuts. wink

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gitem_12

To breed libertards and send them to other states, so we can all be like calioto.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

California is the crystal ball. You wanna know what's going to happen across this nation? Look at the crystal ball. This country is chock full of me, me, me, me's who want everything their way, even though their way is, by and large, clueless and counter to freedom and being productive.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
IC B2

G
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
G
One of the causes;

Link

Actually its people all over the world have too damn much money and wanting to move to California.

50 - 200 million dollar homes are popping up everywhere, and us peons are being pushed further North, South, and out into the desert.

Already one of the biggest problems in the coastal regions is that there is no where for service workers to live with in commuting distance of their jobs.

White Collar, pretty soon white-collar workers won't be wanted in California. It'll be the elite and the worker class! And they still haven't figured out the transportation issues between the two...

Phil

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by bruinruin

California is the crystal ball. You wanna know what's going to happen across this nation? Look at the crystal ball. This country is chock full of me, me, me, me's who want everything their way, even though their way is, by and large, clueless and counter to freedom and being productive.

Precisely why we don't need Cali and should hive it back to Mexico

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

G
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
G
Wasn't sure of the name, wanted to say Borda, and had already thrown away the paper.

But the family's name is Borba with the company being "Borba & Sons".

Anyway did a search and found the auction site... date was also wrong with the web site saying 24 Apr, 2015;

Link

[Linked Image]

Wouldn't mind having the iron gate, of course would have to cut-out the big B, and maybe put in a walk-through gate in its place.

Phil

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by bruinruin

And it gets really freaking tiresome to boot!

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Nobody drinks milk anymore and Cali cheese sucks.

Feel the Bern in your wallet.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
libtards will be libtards.............

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
A LOT of dairies have moved out of CA in recent years. They're all here in so. Idaho. Hundreds of thousands of cows. I wonder why this one didn't move.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
G
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
G
Here's how it works... a local community, township, or city consisting of family's that have owned their homes since the 30's, 40's or 50's elect their local community leaders, but with taxes based on property values based on when they purchased their homes, business, or investment property, as the years go by there is less and less funds to commit to projects or those same community leaders pay... PD and FD come in here more than any other expenditure.

Now take into consideration that if those same homes, business' or investment property's were sold... well then you could tax based on the new sell price! Well that worked for years and those that moved created higher taxes for the community when the property's were re-sold.

But then, those that wanted to relocate, sell, or for what ever reason wanted to liquidate were no longer there so that source of revenue dried up. Now its time to start forcing people out.

Here's where the developers come in and Eminent Domain, take out the big land owners, build 10,000 new homes, and taxes just come pouring in... now you can quadruple everyone's pay, tack on unbelievable benefits, pensions and bonuses. And even that is only temporary, there is just so many big land owners to force out!

Now you get to where we are at now. Cater to the super rich and the construction of mega mansions...

Its called Proposition 13

Phil

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Got zero use for California or it's emigrants.

LOL
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Poor California.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Just a staging area for illegals.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just some reading if you guys want the real picture..

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Greyghost
Heard that another diary farm in Southern California is calling it quits, with "EVERYTHING" including the land going up on the Auction Block this weekend... guess the sale started Friday evening.

It was in the paper yesterday and probably the dairy's association news months ago. Don't recall the family's name right off, but it was a couple brothers that was forced out from the Chino Valley area about 10 years ago due to environmental laws dealing with ground water pollution and developers encroaching.

Guess they tried to start up a pair of new locations of about 4,500 acres each up in the Bakersfield, CA area, but it just didn't work out. Think it was just people not wanting them in their back yard more than any environmental requirement.

Shame really, because from what I understand they are one of the oldest diary farming family's in California and while in the Chino Valley were known for their top quality product, humane treatment of stock, and quality equipment.

Think the auction is supposed to last all week with everything going, equipment and about 5,000 head of top quality stock.

Auction Site;

Link

Phil

Pathetic

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

605 members (160user, 007FJ, 12344mag, 16penny, 17CalFan, 06hunter59, 58 invisible), 2,350 guests, and 1,290 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,141
Posts18,484,085
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.