Page 23 of 31 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 30 31
A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by gunner500
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
You ain't that far from here. I'll just kidnap you and demand a ransom. We can split it. grin
Ed
That won't work, Wifey will send you repeated large sums of money to keep me. grin

Well, that work for me! I get to enjoy your company AND money! It' a plan, then! laugh

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by EdM
Can I please beg the timing rather than sort my way through the thread. I am home on Sunday retired with nary a thought... Middle boy is schooling in Tyler so a combo trip is perfect.

It is Friday, Saturday, Sunday, the 24th, 25th, and 26th of April at our place about forty miles north of Tyler, ten miles west of Gilmer.

I hope you can make it!

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Ed,
Thinking again - maybe we could make a slight addition to the PD shoot - hold it both Sat and Sun am, weather permitting. The "Spagetti Western Shootout" could be separated into wheelguns [single action firing only] and autos. You might also consider a 50yd offhand for lever action, iron sights only.

I'll bring 3 fold up target frames, set up for four targets each, 5 bulls per target [with targets I have in hand]. Might be able to squeeze in a fourth frame if needed.

Have a big bottle of Knob Creek and, of course obligatory bottle of tah-Kill-yah with stuff.

Since hog hunt was unsucessful, probably bring breakfast ham for variety, with something else like chicken or hamburger, some plates and cups.

It's-a gittin-close!!

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
I like the way you think, Leonard, except for the "ta kill ya" stuff. grin

We have posted a bunch of shooting matches, now we need to sort them out and prioritize them.
There will be some "down time" between matches as we set up for the next one, but I'm not seeing a lot of spare time to add anything else. I could see the levergun match being shot right after the DGR shoot as the distance is the same.

It's looking like roughly the same number as last year, around 35-40 folks so far, with some of my students possibly also attending.

Ed

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Say Ed... I need to know a little more about the 'Old Codger' shooting contest.

I want to make sure I got this right... .22LR at 50 yds, what position? Shoot off sticks, bags, rest?

Reason I'm asking... do I need to bring my good gun or will the one on the truck floorboard suffice? grin

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
IC B2

V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
bad news for us: a co-worker of pete's retired tuesday so everyone has shifted up one spot on rotation. instead of being off for the shindig, pete is now second in line on the call list and can't be more than an hour and a half away. i was hoping to meet everyone and cook some deer meat. hope ya'll have a great time and maybe his schedule will allow us to visit next year. take lots of pictures. no vacation for us til the middle of may.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sure hate to hear that yall wont be able to make it, VT. I worked in south AL. and was hoping to swap some lies stories.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Oldman03
Say Ed... I need to know a little more about the 'Old Codger' shooting contest.

I want to make sure I got this right... .22LR at 50 yds, what position? Shoot off sticks, bags, rest?

Reason I'm asking... do I need to bring my good gun or will the one on the truck floorboard suffice? grin

Way it got started was that the Younguns are having a match with any rifle, any sights, from prone at 200 yards. Us Mature Gentlemen are permitted to shoot in THAT match, sitting, with sticks. Blue don't own a 22, but you may shoot yours since it's "any rifle, any sights".

In fact... I suggest that you DO shoot it with your 22. [hee,hee,hee]

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by gunner500
You ain't that far from here. I'll just kidnap you and demand a ransom. We can split it. grin
Ed
That won't work, Wifey will send you repeated large sums of money to keep me. grin

Well, that work for me! I get to enjoy your company AND money! It' a plan, then! laugh

Ed

A sure win/win/win. laugh laugh

Trump Won!
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Ed and Gang,

Still looks like I may not know anything til next Wednesday. Now it's looking pretty bleak. But on a brighter note, Steph is walking a little bit!!!!! Well kinda a walk. But she can stand on her own a bit, and balance for a while!!!! One step at a time right now!!!

Bob

Last edited by kaywoodie; 04/13/15.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bob, good to hear that Steph is coming along, albeit slow. I am pulling for you to make the gathering and Her to get that big Colorado elk. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Thanks Miles. Was watching a Gene Autry movie with grandkids last night. I asked Michael if the country looked familiar. He said it looked like New Mexico. He said he wanted to go back there and see that man again!!! I asked Mr. Patton??? He said a resounding Yes!!!!! laugh

Last edited by kaywoodie; 04/13/15.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Glad to hear Mrs Steph is doing better and those small steps start adding up pretty quick. First thing you know, she will be a walking and leaving you behind.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Great gathering of good folks, to be sure.

Ed...I've received a handful of PMs describing how kind and generous you and your wife are and how nice your place is for this memorable event.

I feel badly you couldn't come up with my appearance fee.

Have a wonderful time, as I know all will.

You're good people, ED!

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ed - this thread makes me envious. Wish I could join y'all again this year.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Ed,
When you get a chance, can you just list the shooting events with a brief of allowed guns, and yardages?

Thanks much.

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by velvet tines
bad news for us: a co-worker of pete's retired tuesday so everyone has shifted up one spot on rotation. instead of being off for the shindig, pete is now second in line on the call list and can't be more than an hour and a half away. i was hoping to meet everyone and cook some deer meat. hope ya'll have a great time and maybe his schedule will allow us to visit next year. take lots of pictures. no vacation for us til the middle of may.

That's bad news for us, too! Come see us when you can!

Ed

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by isaac
...I feel badly you couldn't come up with my appearance fee.

Thank you for the kind words, Bob.

If you would not have demanded your fee be paid in 20 year old Scotch, Cuban cigars, and having your personal sheep keep you warm at night, we could have had a deal. All I could find was 18 year old Scotch and the deal fell through. frown grin

Really, I am sorry that you won't make it this year. I am looking forward to the day we finally get to shake hands and swap lies in person.

Come see us sometime. Mi casa es tu casa.

Ed

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Way it got started was that the Younguns are having a match with any rifle, any sights, from prone at 200 yards. Us Mature Gentlemen are permitted to shoot in THAT match, sitting, with sticks. Blue don't own a 22, but you may shoot yours since it's "any rifle, any sights". In fact... I suggest that you DO shoot it with your 22. [hee,hee,hee]

Are you trying to confuse Randy or me?

The discussion was around the "Enemy at the Gates" sniper shoot with .22lr at 50 yards, prone. Since some of you are too "round" to shoot prone, or are old enough to generate respect and not have to endure the prone position, we were discussing letting you "mature" gentlemen shoot from sticks while seated.

If Randy chooses to shoot it from 200 yards, I'd say he was just showing off. laugh

Ed

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Glad to hear that Steph is doing better. That has to make her and you feel better.

Ed

Page 23 of 31 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 30 31

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

213 members (12344mag, 06hunter59, 338rcm, 2UP, 10Glocks, 23 invisible), 2,073 guests, and 893 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,760
Posts18,514,984
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.