Print Thread
Hop To
Page 25 of 31 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 30 31
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Ed and Gang,

As of this morning I will not be able to attend the event. I do not see the current situation improving before next week.

Thanks to you all for all the kind words!

Bob

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Paladin
...Fortunately and unfortunately, I won't be able to see everyone at Ed's Place (that should be the name of a cafe/bar/dance hall/shooting gallery)...

It already is all that. laugh

I'm sorry to hear that you won't make it here or see Pablo. Tell Chicken Little that there are some pretty pissed off Texicans 'cause he's interfering with our party!

Come see us!

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Ed and Gang, As of this morning I will not be able to attend the event. I do not see the current situation improving before next week. Thanks to you all for all the kind words! Bob

I'm sorry to hear that, Bob, but I understand.

Perhaps you can get a break sometime soon and come up here and hide for a few days. You know that you are always welcome.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ed to many letters, when you get back on line how about a PM with your address so I can load into GPS. I couldn't find your place again because Ed lives in an area of too many hidden roads. Ed of too many roads.

TIA

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
I'll get it done tonight, Gordon. Time is getting short and we need to get a bunch of detail hammered out.

Ed

IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
My gang is not going to make it.

Same old stuff. Life is getting in the way.

Dave

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by tdd4570
My gang is not going to make it. Same old stuff. Life is getting in the way. Dave

That sucks. Please know that you and your gang are welcome up here anytime. Bring the family for a weekend, we'll fish, shoot, and burn marshmallows. laugh

Ed

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ed, did you see where Miles has been practicing his shooting?

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Again, the amended lit of attendees, so far:

Milespatton
RIO7
Oldman03 & Boss
'Bout Half Cocked
ldholton
Texczech & Kelley
DLALLDER & Wife
Wtxj
dennisinaz
Kristy80 & family
tex n cal
labarr
curdog4570
Sponxx & Family
OSUSig
Seafire
Birdwatcher
My daughter, Heather, & grandson, Hunter
Jennifer (one of my students)
And a couple of "maybes"

So, roughly 28 adults (or so they claim) and 7 kids.

There's still plenty of room for more!

Next up will be the menu and who's bringing what.

Ed

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Oldman03
Ed, did you see where Miles has been practicing his shooting?

I did. Between his practicing, and how I saw him shoot down at Blue's place, he is the one to watch.

Ed

IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Here is the menu and amended "needs" list;

Friday Supper; Taco night - Grilled marinated Tri-Tip, flour and corn tortillas, lettuce, refried beans, chopped tomatoes, onions, grated cheese, sour cream, salsa, chips. Needs; All of it except Tri Tip.

Saturday Breakfast - Scrambled Eggs, Bacon & Sausage, tortillas, pastries, and coffee. Needs;Flour Tortillas, bread(?)

Saturday Lunch - Crawfish Boil, brisket sandwiches, coleslaw, chips. Needs: Bread

Saturday Supper - Grilled Steak, Potato Salad, Fries, red beans, bread. Needs; Bread

Sunday Breakfast - Scrambled Eggs, Bacon & Sausage, tortillas, pastries, and coffee. Needs; Flour Tortillas, bread(?)

Sunday Lunch - Leftovers. Needs; Appetites to help finish off the leftovers grin

Still Need; 10 14oz cans Refried Beans (or 3lb bulk can), Flour Tortillas, Corn Tortillas (Gluten free, please!), 3 loaves of White Bread, 2 heads Iceberg lettuce, 8-10 tomatoes, 6-8 large Onions, 4 bags shredded cheddar cheese, favorite salsa?, One quart Sour Cream, 2 large bags of charcoal, large heavy duty trash bags, Paper Towels, Red or Blue Solo Cups, Styrofoam coffee cups, Coffee sweetener, hot cocoa mix, milk/cream, S'MORES MAKINGS, bottled water/sodas.

I think that's it, folks, unless y'all come up with something I've missed, which is entirely possible. blush

Ed

Last edited by APDDSN0864; 04/19/15.

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Milespatton - Bacon, 1 large can coffee, coffee pot, frozen french fries, George Dickel grin , maybe more as needed.

RIO7 - Steaks for Saturday Supper

Oldman03 & Boss - Crawfish Boil for Saturday Lunch

Bout Half Cocked -

ldholton -

Texczech & Kelley -

DLALLDER & Wife -

Wtxj - Eggs for breakfast for Saturday & Sunday, 108 eggs, Hot sauce of some sort, need 2 assistant's out of the below group to help, becky creek whiskey

dennisinaz -

Kristy80 & family - Napkins, plastic ware

tex n cal -

labarr -

curdog4570 -

Sponxx & Family - Pisco Sours for Saturday Evening

OSUSig -

Seafire -

Birdwatcher -

Barbara & I - Red Beans, Refried Beans, Corn Tortillas

My daughter, Heather, & grandson, Hunter -

Jennifer - Paper Plates

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
labarr and I will bring as follows:

I'll donate cash for Barbara's grocery run

Buffalo Trace bourbon & fancy tequilia. Possibly margarita makings

For those who'd like to have some red wine with red meat I'll bring two bottles of good California Cabernet, and a bottle of some fancy French wine. I don't remember what was special about it, but it says "Grand Cru 2001" so it oughta be drinkable. You will have to find your own fancy glasses smile

tonight I picked up 3 large bottles of assorted Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce, and two containers of Gordon's Grub Rub.

We'll bring two large coolers full of ice.

I have a large pop up pavilion which can provide extra shade or shelter, and can bring it if required.

edit to add, we'll bring ten pounds of breakfast sausage. Not sure yet if it will be bought or made blush

Let me know if we can bring something else.

Last edited by tex_n_cal; 04/18/15. Reason: noted

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ed.... I'll furnish the brisket and all the trimmings. If Miz Barbara will pick it up, I'll reimburse her when I get there on Friday.

And I'll have a supply of vyeenees and crackers in the pickup.

Last edited by curdog4570; 04/18/15.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
And I'll have a supply of vyeenees and crackers in the pickup.

It was nice of you to volunteer but vyeenees ain't sausage. Ed, I think that I have some Jimmy Dean sausage that has been in the freezer for a while and needs using. If not or if not enough, I will just grab some more while getting bacon. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I added a note about bringing sausage as well. How much do we think we'll want for the group, both mornings?

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Thanks, guys. We're well on the way!

Patrick, I figure ~ 1/4lb per person per breakfast should do us just fine. Some folks will want bacon instead of sausage, some will want both. Roughly, we'll have 30-35 people for breakfast, so 15lb should do it. Miles is bringing bacon, and Gene will have his stash of vyeenies we can fry up if we get desperate. laugh

Ed

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Here is the menu and amended "needs" list;

Friday Supper; Taco night - Grilled marinated Tri-Tip, flour and corn tortillas, lettuce, refried beans, chopped tomatoes, onions, grated cheese, sour cream, salsa, chips. Needs; All of it except Tri Tip.

Saturday Breakfast - Scrambled Eggs, Bacon & Sausage, tortillas, pastries, and coffee. Needs;Flour Tortillas, bread(?)

Saturday Lunch - Crawfish Boil, brisket sandwiches, coleslaw, chips. Needs: Bread

Saturday Supper - Grilled Steak, Potato Salad, Fries, red beans, bread. Needs; Bread

Sunday Breakfast - Scrambled Eggs, Bacon & Sausage, tortillas, pastries, and coffee. Needs; Flour Tortillas, bread(?)

Sunday Lunch - Leftovers. Needs; Appetites to help finish off the leftovers grin

Still Need; 10 14oz cans Refried Beans (or 3lb bulk can), Flour Tortillas, Corn Tortillas (Gluten free, please!), 3 loaves of White Bread, 2 heads Iceberg lettuce, 8-10 tomatoes, 6-8 large Onions, 4 bags shredded cheddar cheese, favorite salsa?, One quart Sour Cream, 2 large bags of charcoal, large heavy duty trash bags, Paper Towels, Red or Blue Solo Cups, Styrofoam coffee cups, Coffee sweetener, hot cocoa mix, milk/cream, S'MORES MAKINGS, bottled water/sodas.

I think that's it, folks, unless y'all come up with something I've missed, which is entirely possible. blush

Ed

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
We have the menus and approximate number of attendees, now we need to know WHEN folks will be arriving to make sure we have the meals properly sized and timed for eating, particularly Friday night.

I figure Blue and Miles will be slipping in here a day or two early, and some folks won't get here until late Friday evening.

Any ideas on arrival time(s)?

Thanks,

Ed

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Friday afternoon for me.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 25 of 31 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 30 31

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

186 members (1minute, 29aholic, 10gaugemag, 805, 338reddog, 45_100, 22 invisible), 2,366 guests, and 1,007 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,758
Posts18,514,927
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.