Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
olblue Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I bought a pair of Vortex 10X42 Talon Binocular slightly used locally and they were missing the front lens cover and the neck strap. I email Vortex in the evening about 10 PM AK time, the next morning by 6 AM I had an email from them saying they had the missing parts in the mail to me. That was last Friday today I received the parts in the mail. No proof of purchase or any question of any kind. I'm impressed. --- Mel smile

The only thing I'm an expert at is my own opinion, and I have plenty of those!
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Mel-
Similar experience here. I lost the ocular cover for my Viper 6x32 and sent them an email stating I had done such. And if they'd give me a cost - I'd get payment in the mail or CC via phone.

A while later I got a call from Vortex CS confirming my address - insisting they'd be sending a new one free of charge. I argued a bit with them, insisting my dumbssery shouldn't cost them money but, alas, I lost the argument. blush

Top notch folks at Vortex.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Most guys that use vortex know they have great customer service...

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Hey I resemble that remark.

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Vortex customer service is un-beatable ! They will take care of you.

IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O
The good will and advertising Vortex is receiving by virtue of taking care of customers will win new business and will certainly pay for any of the parts sent to customers.
I have some of their products and will own more in the future.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

I have & use several Vortex products......I like 'em

PST's...HST's......HS-LR's...Razor bins

I trust Vortex C/S too.......

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by olblue
I bought a pair of Vortex 10X42 Talon Binocular slightly used locally and they were missing the front lens cover and the neck strap. I email Vortex in the evening about 10 PM AK time, the next morning by 6 AM I had an email from them saying they had the missing parts in the mail to me. That was last Friday today I received the parts in the mail. No proof of purchase or any question of any kind. I'm impressed. --- Mel smile

How do you like the Talons??? I'm interested

olblue Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
To my eyes they're great. They blow my Zeiss 10x40 classic away. I may have looked through better glass but I can't remember when. Especially for the money. The detail I'm seeing is just incredible. But remember I said "to my eyes" everyone's different. --- Mel

The only thing I'm an expert at is my own opinion, and I have plenty of those!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Ziggy

How do you like the Talons??? I'm interested

Talons and Vipers are very much the same in glass quality and quite good for the money. The Talons are double bridge and the Vipers single bridge. The ergo advantage goes to Vipers for most things, but they cost another hundred.

When comparing them side by side most preferred the Vipers, but not all. Vipers are entry level non-Chinese while the Talons are the top end Chinese-made models.

Neither blows the other out of the water.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

Better keep that email address handy. Chances are, you'll need again before you're through.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by rosco1
Most guys that use vortex know they have great customer service...

Same could be said for Leupold too. Good company to be in.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

691 members (10gaugeman, 160user, 007FJ, 1beaver_shooter, 16penny, 10gaugemag, 70 invisible), 3,245 guests, and 1,408 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,481
Posts18,471,797
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.