"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Patrick, for you it's 400 yards. For the rest of us, it's 100 yards. grin

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Here are the shooting matches (so far).

Prairie Dog Shoot - One shot @ 200 yards, cold bore, any rifle, any caliber, any sights, any position, in 60 seconds from fire command ('cause Prairie Dogs don't stick around forever!), at a 1/2" orange dot on a life-size prairie dog silhouette that YOU have identified by writing your name on or next to it.

DGR Shoot - Any rifle, .40 caliber and up, iron sights only, two 8" targets fired at, one shot each, in order of farthest to closest, starting at 35 yards, then 15 yards. NO light loads. Factory load equivalent only, This will favor double guns as far as speed, but accuracy is what is important.

It doesn't help if you miss really, really fast. shocked laugh

Enemy At The Gates Sniper Shoot - Single Shot .22lr rifle @ 50 yards, prone position with or without sling or for those who can't get into prone position and back up again, sitting in a chair with shooting sticks, scoped or iron sights, at six 5" miniature IDPA steel silhouettes, then a 3" diameter steel "stop plate" to win. Two shooters compete at a time, single elimination, first one to knock down all six of their silhouettes and their stop plate wins that round and shoots until they lose or they beat all other shooters.

.22lr Shoot - Any rifle, any sights, any position, 100 yards, tightest five shot group with one round REQUIRED to be in the orange center dot. If no one gets a round in the dot, then closest group to the dot wins. Time limit of 90 seconds for the five shots.

BPCR Shoot - 12" target, three rounds, barrel sights only, any position, 200 yards, in one minute. Smallest group wins.

The "Kaywoodie" Shoot grin - Any vintage military rifle, any caliber, iron sights only, military issue or equivalent loads, three shots, off-hand (slings permitted), in one minute at 100 yards.

Spaghetti Western Practice Shoot - 15 yards, any Centerfire Revolver or auto-pistol, iron sights only, five shots, one-handed, beginning with the handgun in the shooters hand and at his/her side, at five beverage cans on a log, in 30 seconds. Ties will be decided by a shoot-off consisting of five cans on a log, five shots in 30 seconds at 50 yards. grin (Thought y'all were going to get off easy, didn't ya?)

I need ideas on a "Kids Shoot", too. Any thoughts? Maybe a closer "Enemy at the Gates" shoot with balloons as targets?

We can have a Traditional Archery Shoot here in the yard at anytime. 4" balloons at 20 yards, pick the color of balloon BEFORE you release the arrow. grin
Ties will be decided by shooting an apple off of the opponent's head. First shooter will be determined by a coin toss. shocked

Or, shoot-off will be at golf ball size balloons at 20 yards. Your choice. grin

Ed

Last edited by APDDSN0864; 04/19/15.

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
labarr and I will arrive noonish
I'm hoping that will be noonish, Friday. grin

Ed

IC B2

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Damn. Wished I could make it. I hear whimpering from my ol' Krag. frown

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
large heavy duty trash bags,

I already have these. Fit a 55 gallon drum and are heavy duty. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Great, Miles, thanks!

Bob, I can hear your Krag from here. grin

Ed

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ed, you didnt mention any shooting clays in the contest. Dont know if this was an oversite or if there was a reason. Could have a very simple shoot-off, 1 shot from 5 different stations, group with most hits goes to another round, change up distance or stations, until winner is determined, any shotgun any choke any shot size. Just an idea! 1st place prize will be the winner doesnt have to wash dishes that night!!!

Jo, Alan, and I should arrive before noon Friday. I am suppose to pick up the crawfish early Friday morning.

Last edited by Oldman03; 04/19/15.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
yes, Friday at noon smile

vintage military rifles...hmmm hope that includes a Mk12, since I just bought iron sights for it smirk

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Oldman03
Ed, you didnt mention any shooting clays in the contest. Dont know if this was an oversite or if there was a reason.

Randy, it was an oversight. Your idea sounds good. I hope we can get all of the competitions in! grin

See you Friday!

Ed

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
yes, Friday at noon smile vintage military rifles...hmmm hope that includes a Mk12, since I just bought iron sights for it smirk

Define "vintage"? Is that a Daniels Defense Mk12 by any chance? I looked at the specs when they first came out. Should be a sweet rifle!

Ed

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
We're going to bring 2 ea 5 lb bags of cheese, sour cream, 6 loaves of bread, 3 lb can of refried beans, flour and corn tortillas (will try to find gluten free,) 2 heads of lettuce, 5 lbs of onions, potato salad, a passel of kids and a couple of desserts. If there's anything else we need to bring, just let us know. We're excited about coming.

Kevin

As far as the kids shoot goes, our boys shoot out to 75 yards with a scoped 22. They'd have fun with anything from 25 to 100 yards. We have some swinging targets that they shoot at, and they also like to shoot 20 oz coke bottles.

Last edited by Texczech; 04/19/15.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé
Grandpa:the road to hell is paved with good intentions.
Dad:son you have 2 choices for supper eat or don't eat.
A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
I forgot to mention anything about hooting clays and, just as important, I forgot to remind everyone to BRING FISHING RODS! The bass and bluegills are hungry!
I saw a bass, maybe 2lb, come completely out of the water chasing minnows two days ago, in the "upper pond". grin

There are two boats here and I have a few life vests, even some for smaller kids.

There are a few places to fish from shore, too.

Can't wait!

Ed

Last edited by APDDSN0864; 04/19/15. Reason: kaint spel an mah grammur suks

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Obviously, you guys have everything covered
except the

[Linked Image]

and the caviar! smile

A Campfire lady in Alabama sent me a jar of
home-canned figs. Enjoyed some for breakfast
this morning.

Wish that I could be down there with all you guys!
I'd bring some caviar, but no way would any of you
ol' reprobates get any of these figs! frown

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
but no way would any of you
ol' reprobates get any of these figs!

Lucky you. I like figs. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
if i can get there it will be Friday night. i have to see how thing play out.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
It's not looking good for me to be there. I've had something come up that will prevent me from traveling. I'll keep you posted if it changes but as of now, I can't come.
Dammit.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Ed,
Patrick and I have given up grinding sausage this week. We'll bring a pile of small turkey breakfast sausages and two breakfast hams, preslced and cooked, so they can just be seared.

That with the margarita mixes, the tequila sunrise supplies, and some hope for not finishing last in all the shoots. The Knob Creek is bound to help.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
yes, Friday at noon smile

vintage military rifles...hmmm hope that includes a Mk12, since I just bought iron sights for it smirk

I'll be aiming for about that same time.

I'll bring as many folding chairs as I can round up. They were kinda at a premium last year.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Page 26 of 31 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 30 31

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

688 members (1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 153, 160user, 10ring1, 69 invisible), 2,830 guests, and 1,448 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,974
Posts18,480,740
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.