Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 33 of 63 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 62 63
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by slumlord
Took a few minutes to lay out some of the better pieces the last few weeks altogether. Only few that are not in the pic are 5 other points I found wednesday afternoon, they are at my work.

[Linked Image]

Never seen a place that rich in finds! Very cool.

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by eh76
Please tell me about this point.

[Linked Image]

Slumlord offered a possible Lost Lake point. I'll take a stab at it. It struck me as a heavily resharpened Kirk Corner Notch. Next step would grind notch and base and use as a drill.

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Wow you've got a very good spot to hunt, Slumlord! Keep posting pics of your finds. They're all awesome!

Public landowner...
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by huntsman22
I thought he cut his arm off up by St. Mary's Glacier?....

I remember reading about that one. Aron Ralston was/is an accident waiting to happen. I'm sure we'll hear about his "accidental" death sometime in our lifetimes.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Another eastern Utah glyph

[Linked Image]

And one from western Colorado

[Linked Image]

IC B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
slumlord you are finding some beautiful points.
I found quite a few nice points, and an axe head, along the Oconee River when I used to live in central Georgia.

Now I live up in the NC mountains, haven't found a single point or pottery shard up here.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by add
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
Any way to age those.?

Send em' off to Ringman!

hahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
and of course
I cant see a f ukking thing for a pic from photobucket at da public library

f uk f uk f ukiing f uk

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by BossHawg
those are nice

I pulled several pics down yesterday because no one seemingly gives a fugg about this thread anymore, 5 hours no props, and then gets invaded by a troll

they are more interested in viewing pics of a stack of dirty dishes and roast beef sandwich. So piss on em

and I had some good chit too I picked up last few days

Cry me a damn river, nobody commented on the pictures of your rocks. Maybe if you hadn't of came on this site being such a prick they would get the attention you crave so badly. I dare to say that 75% of the population has you and your band of merry asshats on ignore, especially the one that says HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! all the damn time. Is that Mfer mentally challenged? Anyway, keep spending all your spare time looking for those rocks out on ole assboil boys place. Im enjoying spending "Quality" time with Mrs. Stovepipe. That's the best $7,500 you ever spent BTW, I'm getting your moneys worth for you. laugh

go make some sausage................

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Slumlord, keep the pictures coming. I only wish I had your knowledge and of course a great place to find cool stuff.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
slumlord you are finding some beautiful points.
I found quite a few nice points, and an axe head, along the Oconee River when I used to live in central Georgia.

Now I live up in the NC mountains, haven't found a single point or pottery shard up here.
I found a quartz arrowhead up a mountain a mountain road in Swannanoa, NC. stopped to take a leak and there it was.

I find a lot of stuff like that.

stepped into a hog gut pile o-dark-thirty with renegade50, found a big nice scraper while smearing the good off my mucks.

found an 8" ceremonial Copena ovate knife sticking out of dirt bank while making a u-turn in the middle of the road one time.

there's a lot going on at the subconscious aside from luck, if you've programmed your mind to be attuned to more than one task. I guess it's like glancing at a newspaper and one single word out of thousand catches your eye and then you spend 3 minutes looking for it again at the conscious level. That happens to me often.

same with processing 9 corn rows of dirt at a fast pace for that one rock with a 1/4" square surface area of conchoidal fracturing. It just jumps out in a millisecond.Sure, I know I'm missing stuff but....
Luck helps too.

Last edited by slumlord; 04/20/15.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by saddlering
You anywhere near Old Hickery ? My grandfathers farm was near there, I have a cigar box full of points my father and uncles found plowing behind a mule! most all were found in one field. as a kid we wanted to go look for points but my grandfather had sold that plot and the new owner wouldnt let anybody on it! farm sold back in 1976 and havent been back.
about 50 miles from there

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
That thing is uber cool! I am green with envy about your hunting sites. So much grass and brush here it is tough to see. Not much plowing here. Any pointers you care to share? I have found lots of chips but not much else in WY. Not far from Spannish Diggings site..
start with areas near (within 1/2 mile) of any two streams that Y-together.

start with any elevated benches above the flood plain

if you cannot find plowed ground, try construction sites- next try any river bank. Requires a lot of walking.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
That thing is uber cool! I am green with envy about your hunting sites. So much grass and brush here it is tough to see. Not much plowing here. Any pointers you care to share? I have found lots of chips but not much else in WY. Not far from Spannish Diggings site..
start with areas near (within 1/2 mile) of any two streams that Y-together.

start with any elevated benches above the flood plain

if you cannot find plowed ground, try construction sites- next try any river bank. Requires a lot of walking.

it's so moving to see you 2 have swapped BJ's and have made up. I guess Scumlord must have finally made a generous donation to your rifles for REMF projects so he could earn your acceptance.
Don't let him fool you, he didn't find all that stuff. He's 450# on the hoof and ate up with the diabeetus and gout. He never leaves his grannies basement.

I'm pretty good at drinking beer
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Hit it again today, 1.8 on the rain gauge so I walked it again for a short trip about 3 hours. A 'spot' within a spot that the local meth moufs ain't laid footprints down on yet. Some pieces right on top of the ground.

The usual, preforms, uniface and biface scrapers, broken square knives, kirk and big sandy represented with other variations, flakes, and a blue crinoid fossil.

This is the second 'liberated' crinoid fossil I have found in this open field; adds weight to my workshop hypothesis. Possibly as the chert nodules were plucked from the limestone, they encountered these fossils too. I have a red crinoid fossil that is polished. Helps explain the out of context 300 million y.o. fossils mixed into surface distribution of flint flakes, nods and broken artifacts. Anyway

[Linked Image]

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Nice haul for a short stroll. Don't have a day off until the 9th so I'll be more then ready to get out!

Public landowner...
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Yeah, I don't have the luxuries of being retired, or being an unemployed meth smoker or a well-kept leach milking a long term disability over a feigned illness, as it is with many other arrowhead walkers. I have been eeking out short runs in the afternoons in the long shadows after work. Or burning a coveted Saturday when I should really be mowing grass.

It sucks heading to sites only see one of the regulars leaving for day. One guy in particular, tall, creepy, thin, rat-like features with coke bottle glasses, buck teeth about mid 40s and rides a bicycle with a banana seat. A small frame bike like you see an 8 yr old boy riding. He's been laying down a lot of bootprints in fields he doesn't have permission in. I'm sure he another of the special people that gets a full ride and nice $1500 check for being a registered dumbass. I speculate he sells what he finds. I despise those types even more.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So getting permission to look for arrowheads where you're at is about as tough as getting permission to hunt game throughout the rest of the U.S..?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
So getting permission to look for arrowheads where you're at is about as tough as getting permission to hunt game throughout the rest of the U.S..?
yes! lots of cockblockers out there. It's always "If I let you then I gotta let the next 10 people" or "I don't want no riff-raff moochin off my property" or "my nephew picks them thangs up"

which is all understandable, mainly is that so many flint hunters are tweakers (meth heads) that do it full time and strictly sell all their finds to collectors to fund their continued meth addiction. I wouldn't want those types on my land either.

However, I am fortunate, I have overlapping permission. On the main 1400 acres I visit, the owner is a co-worker and a deer hunting buddy.

the large scale farmer that leases my buddy's tillable acreage knows we both hunt artifacts AND he knows we are respectful to his row crop plantings, (obviously) my buddy gets a percentage of the proceeds from the crop sale as a bonus dividend.

....so the farm lease operator also grows corn, wheat, and late beans on 18,000 other acres in various rotations and about 11,000 acres of that he is the actual owner. He has no reservations allowing permission for us onto his other properties.

However, he is very busy guy and there are a troop of other freelancers that just parade out onto his holdings. He just doesn't enforce any restrictions, nor has time to keep after strays. He only gets worked up over people in ATVs or mud boggers zipping across fields.

He's smart enough to know that he himself trashes more with HighBoy spraying vs any occasional stompings of one-man meth head trespasser.

But generally with most other people, like say someone with 50 acres, you'd think you were asking for a kidney just for seeking permission to hunt flint. Most Tennesseans are dikkheads.They think that rusted out skeleton of a 65 mustang is worth $20,000 if you stop and ask bubba about selling it. Thank you American Pickers. crazy

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I see you guys have been busy of late, so I thought I'd add another image of some of my knock offs.
[Linked Image]
A quarter for scale.

Again tons of obsidian on our property, so it turns out this is the only cheap hobby I've ever been able to pursue. Great for clearing the mind of all concerns as one has to concentrate solely on the rock in hand.

1Minute
Page 33 of 63 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 62 63

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

142 members (10Glocks, 44mc, AlleghenyMountain, 7887mm08, 35, 13 invisible), 1,770 guests, and 842 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,760
Posts18,514,974
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.