Page 29 of 31 1 2 27 28 29 30 31
A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Wtxj
Ed I printed off a few dual targets.
Put up Sat morning and they may not run.
Dual Elks, couldn't find any ground hogs so had to go with Elk with a orange spot. Rain will kill them.

It is supposed to rain like the proverbial cow and the flat rock on Friday, but Saturday and Sunday are supposed to be sunny and beautiful.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ed, I am in Texarkana and it is raining right now. I will pick up a couple of bags of those chips that I had last year. Barbra said that She could eat them. Maybe they are still the same. I will call from Gilmer and see what else that I need to pick up. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I roll out as early as i can manage in the am tomorrow morning.

Since I'm passing through Dallas I'm going to detour up through Sherman to pick up some moccasins for re-enacting (hard to buy footwear like that that fits through the mail).

Gonna bring my trusty Savage .22 over 20 gauge for plinking, my .62 cal flintlock smoothbore so folks can shoot a flinter, and also I have a percussion Pedersoli 12 ga SxS I have yet to fire. I plan to rectify that.

I expect to roll in mid-afternoon tomorrow, I will call on the way in to see what I need to pick up.

Looking forward to it cool

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You better detour a little farther North, across the Red, and enlist a couple of them Kickapoo Scouts you always go on about.

You'll never find Ed's place left on your own. grin

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Miles, It is raining here as well, but the majority of this front will be through by noon today. There is a chance of severe thunderstorms tomorrow afternoon/evening and clear by Saturday morning.

Gene, Birdwatcher is a first class scout in his own right. He found this place when he was on his epic bicycle trip. grin

Not to say our place is remote, I prefer the term "secluded". grin

To all traveling today and tomorrow, stay safe and we'll see you shortly!

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I'm very sorry but I'll be unable to make it this year. Sure wanted to come meet in person some of those I've talked to on the board and to meet other board members but it's just not going to work. I hope I didn't cause any inconvenience.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Not an inconvenience, sir, just a disappointment. We'll have another one of these and you'll still be welcome. grin

Ed

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Patrick, please throw that covered pavilion in. We will probably need it tomorrow afternoon/evening for the rain and shade on Saturday & Sunday.

BTW, Amazon screwed up the steel target order and shipped it here, not to Greg's AND they shorted me by six of the mini-IDPA silhouettes, so our course of fire for the "Enemy At The Gates" shoot will be adjusted.

It looks as if we have all of the groceries and sundries taken care of, with the exception of bottled water/sodas. Seafire said he would pick up last minute items, too, so I'll hit him up for the water.

Pablo, regarding the S'Mores ingredients; including your mini-me's, there will be at least ten kids here (chronologically speaking) and a few purported adults that will also want some. Maybe three boxes of graham crackers, three bags of large marshmallows, and several Hershey's chocolate bars? Since I don't eat them, I have no idea of exact numbers. Barbara says "regardless of the other ingredients, do NOT run out of marshmallows". grin

Ed

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just a reminder that we need to chip in for the Crawdads[to Randy] and the Porta Potty [to Ed].

For any newcomers: Since the address is NUT MEG road, it's easy to assume that Ed's wife's name is "Meg"..... but it's Barbara.

I overheard a couple guys making that mistake last year.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hey Gene, Miles is already at Ed's place, or should be. He posted from Texarkana before daylight this morning and you can walk to Ed's by noon from there.

Anyway, that's a good thing... Miles will have the grass cut and run the weedeater around the house and pavilion, bushhog the pasture, target stands in place, ranges marked off, tables and chairs in place, cooking/eating paraphernalia ready to go, and since he's got plenty of time and such a good fellow... have us a cold one waiting! cool

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Oldman03
Hey Gene, Miles is already at Ed's place, or should be. He posted from Texarkana before daylight this morning and you can walk to Ed's by noon from there.

Anyway, that's a good thing... Miles will have the grass cut and run the weedeater around the house and pavilion, bushhog the pasture, target stands in place, ranges marked off, tables and chairs in place, cooking/eating paraphernalia ready to go, and since he's got plenty of time and such a good fellow... have us a cold one waiting! cool

That Miles is like a good mule.... you can't hitch him up wrong.

That boy can hoe or plow , either one.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ed I do have one case of water, loaded.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Gordon, that's great. Some other folks are bringing some, too.

Ed

Last edited by APDDSN0864; 04/23/15. Reason: keyboard errors

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Ed, I will bring plenty of marshamellows, don't worry. My kids will eat through a whole bag in an evening if we let them, so I will just fill up the backseat and every empty corner of the car with some jumbo jetpuffed goodness.
I am on call at the hospital tonight, but should be able to leave at a decent hour tomorrow, pick the kids from school and get on the road. Should be there around 8-830pm the latest. (hopefully closer to 7pm).
Can you make sure the Miles has the dried the ground after the storm? I'd hate to pitch the tent on soft mud and wet grass...
laugh laugh laugh

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Can you make sure the Miles has the dried the ground after the storm? I'd hate to pitch the tent on soft mud and wet grass...

Pablo, that is a great idea... Miles dry me out a place too, if you dont mind!

PS- 12' x 15' dry area for tent

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Dang...

The second "Ed toomanyletters" event I have missed, somehow the timing just hasn't worked. Maybe the next one.

You folks have a great time and enjoy the hospitality of Ed and his wife and through the fire we get to meet.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Hey anyone coming has a sight drifter? I want to change the sights on a Beretta PX4 to trijicons (which would be placed later)

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Dang...made it back to town last night but too far for me now.

The first "Ed toomanyletters" event I have missed, somehow the timing just didn't work. Maybe the next one.

You folks have a great time and enjoy the hospitality of Ed and Barb.

You really should make one Brian.

How many obama supporters does it take to change a light bulb? None, they prefer to remain in the dark.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

George Bernard Shaw

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
David, thought of you as I drove through Pecos today

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

T
T
Hi ED,

I'm a good friend of Kevin S. here in Texarkana, TX and he mentioned to me about all this action going on and seems like alot of fun, I've been a 24 campfire member for quite sometime and was wondering would it be ok if I come on Saturday with my Wife and 2 Boys(6yr old and 9month old) if thats ok ? and I would bring what ever you need me to bring, and I plan on bringing my modified AR-15, Ruger Mark 2 pistol, 9MM Karh, and my cheap 20 Gaugeshotgun. If have to many guns please let me know. I hope to see you there.

Jeremy

Last edited by texas1978; 04/23/15.
Page 29 of 31 1 2 27 28 29 30 31

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

65 members (16penny, 10gaugemag, 338reddog, AdamT204, 12 invisible), 1,654 guests, and 731 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,759
Posts18,514,956
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.