Hop To
Page 30 of 31 1 2 28 29 30 31
A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Oldman03
Can you make sure the Miles has the dried the ground after the storm? I'd hate to pitch the tent on soft mud and wet grass...
Pablo, that is a great idea... Miles dry me out a place too, if you dont mind! PS- 12' x 15' dry area for tent

Miles has his 10' x 10' area all dried out. I'm not sure you can get him to move without a large amount of high explosive. grin

The ground IS wet here. We are expecting quite a bit of rain tomorrow, but Saturday and Sunday will be sunny and highs of 88F. Lows in the upper 60's.
Miles and I set up a 20' x 30' tarp extension to the pavilion this afternoon, so we should be comfortable.

Pablo, good to know you have the marshmallow issue handled. grin

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

GB1

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by bcolorado
Dang...

The second "Ed toomanyletters" event I have missed, somehow the timing just hasn't worked. Maybe the next one.

You folks have a great time and enjoy the hospitality of Ed and his wife and through the fire we get to meet.

Brian, you are welcome here anytime. I hope you can make the next one. It will be good to see you again.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by texas1978
Hi ED,

I'm a good friend of Kevin S. here in Texarkana, TX and he mentioned to me about all this action going on and seems like alot of fun, I've been a 24 campfire member for quite sometime and was wondering would it be ok if I come on Saturday with my Wife and 2 Boys(6yr old and 9month old) if thats ok ? and I would bring what ever you need me to bring, and I plan on bringing my modified AR-15, Ruger Mark 2 pistol, 9MM Karh, and my cheap 20 Gaugeshotgun. If have to many guns please let me know. I hope to see you there.

Jeremy

Jeremy, come on and bring your family! We'll start shooting around 09:00 AM, unless someone can't wait. grin Too many guns? What's that?

Ed

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Sponxx
Hey anyone coming has a sight drifter? I want to change the sights on a Beretta PX4 to trijicons (which would be placed later)

I can definitely bring a hammer and a punch set. As soon as I start waving it around, Ed will panic and find you the right tool grin

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
Originally Posted by Sponxx
Hey anyone coming has a sight drifter? I want to change the sights on a Beretta PX4 to trijicons (which would be placed later)

I can definitely bring a hammer and a punch set. As soon as I start waving it around, Ed will panic and find you the right tool grin

LOL...

A ballpeen and a cold chisel would get a quick response...

IC B2

T
T
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
Originally Posted by texas1978
Hi ED,

I'm a good friend of Kevin S. here in Texarkana, TX and he mentioned to me about all this action going on and seems like alot of fun, I've been a 24 campfire member for quite sometime and was wondering would it be ok if I come on Saturday with my Wife and 2 Boys(6yr old and 9month old) if thats ok ? and I would bring what ever you need me to bring, and I plan on bringing my modified AR-15, Ruger Mark 2 pistol, 9MM Karh, and my cheap 20 Gaugeshotgun. If have to many guns please let me know. I hope to see you there.

Jeremy

Jeremy, come on and bring your family! We'll start shooting around 09:00 AM, unless someone can't wait. grin Too many guns? What's that?

Ed

Great I'll see you guys on Saturday, I hope to make it in time for the 200 Yard Dog Shoot :), maybe someone can give me on some good pointers on where to go Dog hunting.

Thanks!

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by bcolorado
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal

LOL...

A ballpeen and a cold chisel would get a quick response...

I have a hammer & punch set and an assortment of cold chisels. grin

Ed

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Ed
Trying to get packed and ready to go. Is it raining there?

Molɔ̀ːn Labé
Grandpa:the road to hell is paved with good intentions.
Dad:son you have 2 choices for supper eat or don't eat.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
For those that don't know End and his wife could use some prayers. A tornado has passed through and dropped a tree on his house. Everyone there is ok. We made it a 200 yds from his place and had to turn around because of a tree across the road. Tomorrow has got to be a better day.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Are you serious???

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Tried a few cell numbers and they all went to voice mail. Hope that the damage is not serious. Prayers offered.

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Does anyone have any info about how folks are doing there or how a guy could help - even from distance?

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Talk to Dennis, they were hit, lots of damage to house and some vehicles. No one hurt, no power. I'll start another update thread.

Kent

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Prayers on the way for everyone's safety.

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Damn! Thundered and lightening here all night. But I'm about 200 miles from Ed.

Hope all are well!!! That sucks big time!!!!!

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
DUPLICATE POST FROM MUDHEN"S THREAD
Just talked with dennisinaz on his cell phone. No one injured and animals all OK, but it's a mess and main damage seems to be on Ed's home and Curdog's truck. Power is out - no well pump - someone went to Gilmer for water - they all need coffee this morning. Thank goodness the gang is there to help Ed and Barbara with the house and other cleanup.

Dennis said that, as usual, the guys are of great attitude and everyone is pitching in heavily. Clearly not going to be anything like a typical Campfire gathering Saturday, and all of those shooting plans may have been for naught. If you know more - please post. Thanks.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I'm glad to hear that there are no injuries, but saddened to hear of the damage. Give me a call if you need another set of hands.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Of course. We seen a lineman at a station that said there were town east of there without power. KRP has another thread about it.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Well, despite the weather and Mother Nature reminding us all she can get pissed at times... there was still some good old campfire camaraderie....

Here is some of the pics taken of 'better times' on Saturday...

our senior Campfire Statesman from Arkansas:

[Linked Image]

one of our future campfire members from Texas, one of TexCzech's Klan...

[Linked Image]

another of the younger crowd at the range...

[Linked Image]

Randy's Son Waiting to Strut His Stuff on the rifle range..

[Linked Image]

Target Stand Debate:

[Linked Image]

Casper the Friendly Ghost Sighting in and Chronographing Pablo's 243:

[Linked Image]

Randy showing some of the Young'uns which end of the barrel the bullet might come out of...

[img]http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/medium/IMG_26344.JPG[/img]

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Some of Kevin's Klan ( TexCzech) waiting their turn on the 22 LR firing line...

[Linked Image]

In the foreground is Kayden, a kid that sure was easy and real quick to like... pretty mature for a 10 yr old...

Pablo taking over his 243 from Casper:

[Linked Image]

Pablo Close UP.... not bad for a Pediatrician!!

[Linked Image]

Here's also a pretty darn good kid... pretty smart for a 10 yr old and not a bad grandson overall... just ask Ed...
appropriate Texas Kid's and Campfire Member's Name: Hunter

[Linked Image]

Page 30 of 31 1 2 28 29 30 31

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

526 members (163bc, 204guy, 1lessdog, 1minute, 1badf350, 10ring1, 67 invisible), 2,551 guests, and 1,196 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,785
Posts18,515,843
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.