Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I have a project going for which I need a special router bit that I can't get locally. I ordered one from Amazon that was shipped from Dallas via USPS. They mailed it out the same day.
If you look at a map, the direction from Dallas to Idaho is north west. So, why, today, a week later, is my bit sitting in Orlando?

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Where does ID fall in the Jade Helm exercise? Maybe youre not friendly and your mail has been siezed. grin

There is no way to coexist no matter how many bumper stickers there are on Subaru bumpers!

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
If you look at a map, the direction from Dallas to Idaho is north west. So, why, today, a week later, is my bit sitting in Orlando?

I once flew from Charlotte NC to Nashville, TN, and ended up with a 2 hour layover in Detroit. Nothing surprises me about shipping logistics.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I hear ya!

I too ordered something off Amazon that I need for a project. Was shipped two weeks ago and tracking shows it made it to Memphis,Tn(1hr 20min from me)9 days ago. Nobody at the USPS can tell me where it is! It never made it to my local post office so they aren't being very helpful. mad

Frustrating to say the least,

Leftybolt

Last edited by leftybolt; 05/15/15.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Glad I haven't had any bad luck. But I"m sure sooner or later its coming.

We did send a Cert letter at work here, that took 3 weeks to travel about 200 miles...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I mentioned it in a recent thread on the USPS, but I sent a check to SAS in Kentucky and it took 3 weeks to the day for it to arrive. I was just about to kiss those $$$ goodbye when I got the call that it had arrived.

Govt. Efficiency. Yep.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If you want efficiency, short the postage and see how soon it comes back.

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Originally Posted by RWE
If you want efficiency, short the postage and see how soon it comes back.

Not always. My wife used my postcard stamps($0.18?) to mail her bills. They all made it.

Last edited by websterparish47; 05/15/15.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Had a similar thing happen to me with a knife that Gene Ingram mailed me. Insured Priority Mail that should have taken 2 days. I tracked that knife hundreds of miles out of the way and got it in seven days. I opened a case on it when I saw that it was headed in the wrong direction. Crickets......

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I call it the Postal Orifice, because it is a huge hole - into which stuff disappears.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by RWE

I once flew from Charlotte NC to Nashville, TN, and ended up with a 2 hour layover in Detroit. Nothing surprises me about shipping logistics.

Remember when every flight in the U.S., even ones from Minneapolis to St. Paul or Dallas to Fort Worth, had to go through Denver?

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Made a trade with a fellow member. He shipped USPS standard post. It took 3 weeks 1 day to get from Las Vegas to AR.
It went to ca, to dallas, back to ca, to memphis, where it sat for a week. I then called and they opened a case on it and i had the package in 3 days.
I shipped my item UPS and he had it in 3 days.
I wouldn't trust usps, but they are a necessary evil. No wonder they are going broke!

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
The part was in Orlando.
They shipped the box there to be filled.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
USPS is special sold a scope to a fellow member and shipped from Michigan to Missouri The shipping tube arrived about 10 days later with a tag attached stating arrived from Oklahoma with no contents. Someone from USPS opened the tube took the scope put the packing material back in and sent it on its way. I lose ha but I learned my lesson

Still trying to be the Man my dogs think I am
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
The big joke is how they report my shipment's progress to Amazon. Originally it was to arrive on the 14th. They screwed it up and then changed the arrival date to the 21st so Amazon is showing it as 'on time'. On time for what? My funeral?

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Orlando? Maybe it's checking out the Mouse House with the Travelocity Gnome. wink

Just down the road from The City of Lost Souls in the Land of the Blind.
Molɔ̀ːn LabΓ© SkΓ½la
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I ordered one from Amazon that was shipped from Dallas via USPS.

Let me guess, You declined Amazon Express?

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A few months ago I bought some receiver sight mounting screws from "Apertures and more" in Traverse City, Michigan. I'm in S.E. Ohio. The package went to Valdez Alaska then back to Columbus, Ohio and then on to Coshocton, Ohio which is 50-60 miles northwest of me and tracking said it was out for delivery. None of my mail ever comes through Coshocton for delivery. Finally after a few days it went back to Columbus and then to Caldwell, Ohio where my mail is delivered from.

The Tail Goes Along With The Hide.

We should have picked our own cotton.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I send packages to AK often enough. Priority flat rate.

Stuff usually gets there in a week and I'm really happy with that considering I"m not sending it to FBKs or ANC.. but more out in between to Delta Junction...

I'll get taken sooner or later....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I have an Amazon prime account, everything is here in 2 days. We order a sheitload of stuff from Amazon and I've only had 1 issue, which I contacted them on their live chat about.

They immediately shipped another item and gave me a $5 credit for my next order.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

573 members (10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 160user, 1234, 10gaugeman, 01Foreman400, 54 invisible), 2,388 guests, and 1,240 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,520
Posts18,472,532
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.