Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 20 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 19 20
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
How civilized...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Many of us have been riding motorcycles most of our lives and going to the Black Hills for way different reasons than the "1 percenters". You do run in to them but they are easy to avoid, and just speaking for myself, I hope they kill each other off at a much higher rate. I have seen more problems with pissant wannabe's than any gang related organizations.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
wonder if Claiborne went

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I would doubt it.
I saw a T shirt in a bar once that said three can keep a secret if two of them are dead.
I live in an area where loads of wannabes live and they are 99 per cent of motorcycle owners not to be confused with the one percent who are criminals.
Some people just enjoy riding and searching for women with loose morals.

I like to do my hunting BEFORE I pull the trigger!
There is only one kind of dead, but there are many different kinds of wounded.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Sonny lives in carefree/cave creek arizona. Which has basically one big road into the town, the south side on to bell rd and the black canyon freeway. Which is I17. You see from time to time groups making pilgrimages up to and from there, and we did have a shooting of some bikers on bell rd last year. In cave creek on weekends, that is a popular destination for breakfast for all kind of bikers, not just the harley crowd. I have riden my gold wing there many times, and zero problems. But while i am sure there are biker gang members around, they just don't seem for the most part to cause trouble here. But then i don't ride on the road with groups wearing the insignia either.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
IC B2

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by ltppowell
I'm sure there were. Twin Peaks caters to that crowd.

Really? Both times I went into Twin Peaks I was so busy looking at the waitress's boobs & butts I failed to take much notice of the appearance of the other patrons...

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Originally Posted by 1899sav
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Virtual keyboards will push a man over the ledge too...

STOOLHEAD you should know!

Damn Steve, still have buttphucking on your mind.

STOOLHEAD Did You learn that from your "DADDY"

�Can we move this along?" a bored voice stated. "I have places to be and people to shag."

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Jeez, Doc, here I've been asking about boob pictures and you're the one hoarding them! smile

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
C
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
Life has had enough twist and turns I've been put into close proximity with some 1%'ers more than a few times.

I'd have to agree with EvilTwin, while I don't like them, they're not to be underestimated, particularly when they're in a group.

like any gang they hang together, if you have trouble with one, you've trouble with all.

and like most gangs they have no reservations about using their strength in numbers to win any form of altercation.

why we don't have open season on biker gangs, latin gangs, crips, bloods etc. is beyond my ken.

all of them are the scourge of a decent society and one of the best reasons for hi cap mags.

many of each gang are not problematic on their own, but most each group ime has some true psychotic badazzes in them that the others are eager to emulate provided they have the numbers on their side.

easy to make fun of them behind a keyboard, and they do deserve the derision.

but ime, a guy is a fool not to recognize the true potential for danger they represent.

Wise words.

If the guys making light of the dangers of these criminals were to read some of the DPS Intelligence reports on some of these organizations, they may think differently. Most don't even know what a 1%'er is, or how they get those patches.

What I do think is funny is the guys that are wannabe's. The lawyers and accountants and their women that dress up and ride Harley's and the vests and jackets would be in over their heads in about 2 seconds with the real deal.

I think it's the wannabe's that we're poking fun at, the real ones we just despise.

Mathew 22: 37-39

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
smile

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
So...are you losing sleep yet? Your hunt is almost here!

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I have had some acquaintance with outlaw bikers, past & present day. Like any other segment of society, there are many variations on an individual basis, and from club to club. We have some folks out here who wear colors who are pretty damn old and beat up, and who I seriously doubt could cut the mustard in San Antonio or El Paso... Dunno if they're semi-retired or what, but word around the campfire is they run meth locally as well as holding down legitimate jobs in the oilfield. I stop by when I see them in their driveways, we talk bikes & motors & the weather, they're just local folks as far as they treat me and I them. I would not care to fight any of them, mind you...

Some clubs are more virulent than others, and some local chapters are likewise worse or better than others. There are a lot of folks in the gangs who are very pleasant and personable as long as you don't cross into their area of operations.

As to the shoutout up in Waco.... Sounds like a Charlie Foxtrot of epic proportions. When I'm riding/touring on my cycle, I tend to stay away from places patronized by people wearing color vests/jackets. The 1%ers are to be avoided for obvious reasons; the wannabes and Gay BikersFor Jesus and other types are to be avoided just as earnestly, again for obvious reasons. At least they're obvious to me.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by jorgeI
So...are you losing sleep yet? Your hunt is almost here!

Not losing sleep yet, but i I'm spending a lot of time at the range!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
How's the double working for you?

A
add Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A

What I do think is funny is the guys that are wannabe's. The lawyers and accountants and their women that dress up and ride Harley's and the vests and jackets would be in over their heads in about 2 seconds with the real deal.

If there were any of those weekend warriors there in Waco yesterday, I'll bet they may be re-thinking their hobby after cleaning their drawers out...

[Linked Image]

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I have got some out of jail. Put some back in while working in a family busneiss. Real pieces of dog [bleep]! Let they're " old ladies" work while they set on they're azz. Tough as hell when they're is 5 or 6 of them.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I haven't heard if it was only bikers that were killed & injured, or if some bystanders got it, too. I did hear on the news 170 are arrested, and it will be treated as a capital murder. I expect right now a lot of folks are claiming to only be bystanders smirk

During college a buddy and I were at a sketchy bar...for sketchy reasons, something involving wet t-shirts...and a mass fight broke out among the bikers, who IIRC were Banditos. We exited as fast as possible smirk

~8-9 years ago I'm fishing on the California Delta and find a dockside restaurant, park the boat and sit down for a nice lunch. And of course the place fills up with bikers, throwing a party for some leader. After eating I have to walk out through the middle of their party, where the leader was holding court, sitting at a table by himself, surrounded by all his followers. smile Damn good thing I was dressed for fishing and not like a biker, just said "excuse me", smiled, nodded, walked past the leader's table, then jumped in the boat, said God bless Mercury, and hauled ass in the boat as soon as I could. grin

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by add

If there were any of those weekend warriors there in Waco yesterday, I'll bet they may be re-thinking their hobby after cleaning their drawers out...

[Linked Image]

I'll wait for the limited "Looter" edition commemorating Ferguson and Baltimore. wink

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Kind of surprising to see this type of violence out of motorcycle gangs these days.

I spend some time on the HD forums just to get some tips on how to do maintenance on my Dyna and to see what outers have done to their bikes.

There's hardly any "outlaw" banter that goes on there. Mostly it's older guys who have their bikes set up for touring and the young guys who are putting together California style Super Glides.

The typical "biker style" out in California these days is flannel shirts with a button down collar, (the Bay Area stays a bit on the chilly side) cheap jeans and some type of sports shoes. The young people don't seem to be at all interested in leather, chain wallets, or criminal activities.

They just like building up the motors and running the hell out of the bikes.

My personal attire for riding my bikes is a pair of slip on Merrell loafers, Walmart jeans, and one of those white T shirts that they sell down at the gas station/mini mart where I buy gas. (they have good knit collars that don't stretch out from being wind blown.)

I've always thought the typical biker costume looked a bit wonky. It looks especially wonky on old guys.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by deflave
That's a really cool story.

Travis

I know you was being snide but....

A cool group of people, the ol' time Harley faithful. Hard to fault folks who had been riding the same motorcycle for ten or fifteen years through more rebuilds that they could easily remember. People who judged how the motor was doing by running a finger inside a straight pipe to swipe the carbon.

Snook TX, maybe 1983, late Friday night at one of them small town bars with jars of pickled feet behind the counter and peanut shells on the floor. Guys in straw hats and herbicide caps sitting at the bar and around tables, muddy pickup trucks out front, a few working dogs in the mix. One of them humid summer nights with swarms of bugs around the porch lights.

The screen door bangs, and an attractive woman with long blonde hair, maybe 30, staggers out under the streetlight to kickstart her Ol' Man's vintage Harley.

I forget at this distance if'n she started it or not, I do recall her being barely big enough to kick it over. I fell in love of course cool

'Spect you were still in Middle School back then.

I'm not recalling seeing many outlaw bikers where I was, I dunno that being a Buster Badass woulda played real well with those particular folks who lived there.

Except that maybe the outlaw effect was felt through the huge Harley theft problem at that time. IIRC word of mouth had it that stolen Harleys were being shipped overseas at a profit. Sucked to be at a rally of some sort where a Harley or two was lifted from the far end of the parking lot after dark.

Never could own one myself, back then whatever motorcycle I had was my only wheels and you could hardly leave a Harley in the parking lot at the mall while you shopped, or out back every night where you worked. Things was so bad that, if you did ride a Harley to work, common wisdom was you should take different ways home and be sure to have a steel ring cemented into your garage floor to chain the bike to.

Plus, flogging bikes down twisty backroads was more my thing and yer average everyday Harley didn't do real well at 100 mph +.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Page 8 of 20 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 19 20

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

520 members (264mag, 2500HD, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 1minute, 10gaugemag, 51 invisible), 1,848 guests, and 1,292 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,059
Posts18,521,394
Members74,023
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.