Home
Posted By: jnyork Biker shootout in Waco today - 05/17/15

Police: 9 dead in Texas shooting involving rival biker gangs

AP Photo
AP Photo/Rod Aydelotte

Buy AP Photo Reprints

WACO, Texas (AP) -- A shooting involving rival biker gangs at a Central Texas restaurant has left nine people dead and some others injured.

Waco police Sgt. W. Patrick Swanton says eight people died at the scene of the shooting at Twin Peaks restaurant about noon Sunday and another person died at a hospital.

Swanton says the fight began with punches and then escalated to knives and firearms. It's not immediately clear if bystanders are among the dead.

The severity of injuries to others was not immediately known.

He says police were aware that gang members were gathering at the restaurant and officers were present when shots began.

Some of the officers fired on bikers as the shooting spilled from the restaurant into a busy parking lot. Patrons and bystanders dove for cover.

© 2015 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Learn more about our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

Filth.
Life must be damn pitiful for someone that wants to join a motorcycle gang.
Good riddance.

There's bike clubs that are OK, but biker gangs are nothing but cowards and organized crime.

9 we won't worry about. Probably at least that many going to jail over it... wink
Fine White Trash.

I'm not surprised it happened at Twin Peaks. I watched UFC there a few times and it was filled with gang members and several cops who were paid to hang out.
And some people wonder why I carry a gun everyday. wink
That kind of place should have many cameras, it'll be an interesting video to watch. Bikers shooting rivals, cops already on the scene shooting at bikers, real old west stuff.

I hope none of the peaks got injured.
Just punks........... crazy
Bandidos MC and Cossacks MC, Waco police said that a third gang was possibly involved.
Bike gangs, street gangs, drug cartels, all are predatory scum that are glorified by the ignorant.

Crypts and bloods have their rappers, white trash worship Sons of Anarchy.

Decent people need to ostracize these animals and make it impossible to profit from emulation of their lifestyle.

Those that adopt the "biker" look and style are pathetic.

Anyone going to Sturgis?

mike r
Posted By: poboy Re: Biker shootout in Waco today - 05/17/15
The pic in the paper showed "Scimitars" and "Cossacks".
Fox reported that the bikers shot at cops too. Maybe all of the dead were not shot by bikers? Cops could have notched their guns too.

At least 18 injured with knife and gunshot wounds.
nothing wrong with killing each other off......their kinda like Muslims that way. grin
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Fox reported that the bikers shot at cops too. Maybe all of the dead were not shot by bikers? Cops could have notched their guns too.

Sounds like somebody messed up & brought a knife to a gunfight wink
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

Sounds like somebody messed up & brought a knife to a gunfight wink

According to the OP, cops did participate, probably notched some guns... cool

Apparantly gang bangers shot at the cops.

Dumb, mo dumb and even dummer...

DF
Restaurant had 1/2 off on burgers!!
Sounds like somebody messed up & brought *an AMT or a Hi-Point* to a gunfight wink

Fixed laugh
Sounds to me like several LEO had arrived just before it started in anticipation of a fight.

I'm betting that LEO on scene already had their AR-15's and Riot Guns out of their squad cars. Sounds like the bad guys lost.
Originally Posted by lvmiker
Bike gangs, street gangs, drug cartels, all are predatory scum that are glorified by the ignorant.

Decent people need to ostracize these animals and make it impossible to profit from emulation of their lifestyle.

Anyone going to Sturgis?

mike r

EXACTLY!
Sounds to me like several LEO had arrived just before it started in anticipation of a fight.

I'm betting that LEO on scene already had their AR-15's and Riot Guns out of their squad cars. Sounds like the bad guys lost.

Cops didn't have to worry about shooting the wrong one.... just like rattlesnakes and muslims.
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
Sounds like somebody messed up & brought *an AMT or a Hi-Point* to a gunfight wink

Fixed laugh

Several months ago, a local gang banger shot another scum a the IHOP here with a Hi-Point Carbine in 45acp. He hit the guy 7 times with FMJ ammo, but no vitals were hit.
He was out of the hospital in a week.

And a few weeks after that, the local Banditos Prez knifed a rival biker gang member at the TX Roadhouse Restaurant.

An believe it or not, our area has a pretty low crime rate.
It's a very sad commentary on the state of our society that none of these geniuses had enough common sense to bring a rifle...just sayin'.
Haven't heard much from the biker community lately. Thought they mellowed out over the years - guess not.
I am just glad my Daughter was out at the lake with the Family when this stuff happened.

They both work at the large hospital there,when these kind of things happen they said they lock down the place to keep the other hotheads out.

And there are going to be a lot of HP and other law dawgs around for a while.
Originally Posted by TopCat
It's a very sad commentary on the state of our society that none of these geniuses had enough common sense to bring a rifle...just sayin'.

Kinda glad they are that dumb...

Otherwise, some good folks including LEO's could get hurt.

DF
Originally Posted by bigwhoop
Haven't heard much from the biker community lately. Thought they mellowed out over the years - guess not.

I had thought that they'd gotten more professional over the years, still there but into making money at the various nefarious things they do, flying more under the radar.

So here you had a bunch of these guys, on a Sunday morning yet, going off at each other in a public restaurant full view of multiple witnesses and LEO's, prob'ly recorded on security cameras too.

Sounds like several were regulars, in their club regalia yet, so it ain't like it'd be hard to figure out who they were.

I'd guess Waco Harley Davidson will be just abuzz with gossip this next week.

Be interesting to know what the exact backstory behind this one is.

Birdwatcher
So long as they didn't hurt any bystanders, I'm fine with them killing each other.
Get a load of the age of some of these guys in this photo. Incredible immaturity and stupidity for grandpas. Do they have the younger ones do the fighting?

http://www.foxnews.com/
Originally Posted by poboy

I also noticed that most of them seemed to be older and grey -haired.

Just curious when they plan to grow up.
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

I'd guess Waco Harley Davidson will be just abuzz with gossip this next week.
Birdwatcher

Yep.

And, they have some extra used Harleys on the lot... whistle

DF
Originally Posted by slg888

....and do stuff like that.
Originally Posted by SBH
Get a load of the age of some of these guys in this photo.

Ya, they look like guys with jobs and kids, guys who have a lot to lose over crap like this.
Always nice to read about dead bikers.

Good Sunday.

Dave
might be some more, heard a lot of banditos are headed north from corpus.
They are now saying that the melee between these restaurant patrons began over a disagreement as to whether or not the roast beef was undercooked..... wink
Originally Posted by stxhunter

"banditos"..... Give me a break. What a bunch of crap.
Originally Posted by SBH

Ya, they look like guys with jobs and kids, guys who have a lot to lose over crap like this.

They always do. crazy
Originally Posted by Hawk_Driver
Originally Posted by SBH

They always do. crazy

Some lost it all, made the ultimate sacrifice. And, apparently over little or nothing.

Sad.

DF
Now, if we can just convince them ALL to ride out into the country and have a real shootout I'd be all for it. Let them all die if they can't walk away. Good riddance.
Haven't they grown up yet, em guess not.
Posted By: cv540 Re: Biker shootout in Waco today - 05/17/15
Agreed, Turd on Turd crime. Hopefully all the dead and injured are patched members.
Now, if we can just convince them ALL to ride out into the country and have a real shootout I'd be all for it. Let them all die if they can't walk away. Good riddance.

I've heard a former outlaw biker express exactly similar sentiments.

Did he decide being a low life snitch was easier than being a low life regular?

Travis

Anyone going to Sturgis?

mike r

Add the wall street bankers who conjure up ponzi schemes in their three piece suits to your list of predatory scum please.
Originally Posted by whelennut

Anyone going to Sturgis?

mike r

Add the wall street bankers who conjure up ponzi schemes in their three piece suits to your list of predatory scum please.

Those are unquestionably at the top of my list, too. Along with their politician buddies.
More details. Sounds like the cops got their licks in. Betcha a number of the dead/wounded bikers were done by cops......as I fail to see that bikers can shoot that accurately. Unless of course......they were all within arms reach. We'll see.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/05/17/police-report-multiple-fatalities-after-shooting-in-texas/
assuming that because one is a cop, it is automatically a good shooter is of equal fallacy.
Originally Posted by vapodog
assuming that because one is a cop, it is automatically a good shooter is of equal fallacy.

Say again. This time in English.
Not just any cop, a Texas Law Man. Those boys can shoot, evidenced by the the Mounted APD shot.
good time for this old'e > what is the difference between a Harley rider and a hover vacuum cleaner? > the position the dirt bag on it! ...lol!
Number one reason to carry a shotgun with buckshot.
Betcha those LEO's were on their A+ game and performed admirably due to the prep time. Also bet their blood pressure was thru the roof!

At this time.......and yes we're lacking complete details......I do not understand why restaurant management plus LE didn't clear out the civilians as soon as the 'gathering' began.
Originally Posted by stevelyn

I don't see how they are much different from many here
Originally Posted by Snyper
Originally Posted by stevelyn

I don't see how they are much different from many here

Will the big shootout be at the next faaaarrrrr gathering?
Most bikers are construction workers or truck drivers in my experience.
The drug dealing scum are only one percent of the total. The criminals are wearing suits and working wall street.
Good riddance.

There's bike clubs that are OK, but biker gangs are nothing but cowards and organized crime.

9 we won't worry about. Probably at least that many going to jail over it... wink

You do realize that the Cops on the scene are also Payed members into the "organized Crime" fraternity , yes?

Funny how we forget that our Boys in Blue pay organized crime to Negotiate their salaries and benefits in the form of mandatory extortion dues.

Originally Posted by gonehuntin

Fixed laugh

Several months ago, a local gang banger shot another scum a the IHOP here with a Hi-Point Carbine in 45acp. He hit the guy 7 times with FMJ ammo, but no vitals were hit.
He was out of the hospital in a week.

And a few weeks after that, the local Banditos Prez knifed a rival biker gang member at the TX Roadhouse Restaurant.

An believe it or not, our area has a pretty low crime rate.

Stay safe out there. I here Smith and Wesson has a special on Insurance. smile
Originally Posted by Snyper
[quote=stevelyn]I don't see how they are much different from many here

They actually get out and shoot ?
Good riddance.

but even the biker clubs that are 'ok', all want the look, the flavor, the cache, the ambiance, if you will, of appearing to be biker thugs. The vests, the boots, the entire halloween costume aspect of bikers is ridiculous.
What's the down side?
How about changing the law so that there's no legal problems for the members as long as they are killing one another?

Jim
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter

"banditos"..... Give me a break. What a bunch of crap.

Bandidos are the worst of the worst. Very heavily into organized crime, and responsible for countless murders.

FWIW, the gunfight yesterday was between Bandidos and Cossacks.
Yee haw! A real old fashioned wild west shootout! They picked the wrong restaurant though. It should have been a Golden Corral. Then you would have had a gang fight of legend; "Gunfight at the Golden Corral". Now that has a good ring to it. Movies could have been made about it. Old men could tell their grandkids about it. "See, the good old days of the wild west are back." But "Gunfight at the Twin Peaks" just doesn't cut it. Oh well I guess all we have here is just another gang fight but without the baggy pants hanging low. I bet there was some do-rags though. Did anyone say "This town ain't big enough for the 3 of us?"
The Sturgis Rally has most of the gangs present. It is a business dealings rally for them, Heroin and almost any other drugs worth a lot of cash. I think that Heroin is the most compact dollar wise. If they are not delivering, they are setting up trading, but mostly an exchange drugs for drugs or money or weapons. The Banditos that I've seen at the Rally look like little punks, but they carry. The Hells Angles are the most dangerous to mess with (IMHO).

The gangs are USA's drug ring's.
Another nine drops of chlorine in the human gene pool.
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Good riddance.

but even the biker clubs that are 'ok', all want the look, the flavor, the cache, the ambiance, if you will, of appearing to be biker thugs. The vests, the boots, the entire halloween costume aspect of bikers is ridiculous.

Amazing how many posers want to play biker. Put on their vest 3 piece patch's they've gotten permission to wear and ride around. Why anyone would want to pretend to be total POS is beyond me.
Originally Posted by SBH
Betcha those LEO's were on their A+ game and performed admirably due to the prep time. Also bet their blood pressure was thru the roof!

At this time.......and yes we're lacking complete details......I do not understand why restaurant management plus LE didn't clear out the civilians as soon as the 'gathering' began.

Until someone does something illegal, all that would result in clearing out the restaurant of scumbag bikers would be a lawsuit by their scumbag lawyers for violating their rights.

After all, they raise money and give toys to children...
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Good riddance.

Amazing how many posers want to play biker. Put on their vest 3 piece patch's they've gotten permission to wear and ride around. Why anyone would want to pretend to be total POS is beyond me.

Good shoot, glad the jqp's and coppers were all alright, I ride in a t-shirt, jeans and about seven different kinds of animal fertilizer on my boots drying nicely in the wind, I am out of style but still get the 'low' wave from the other bikers. grin
I get the riding the bike part Gunner, if I were a little more coordinated I'd have one myself. But I require modes of transportation with 4 wheels and hooves. wink

What I don't get is the poser clubs.
Yes, how much of a badass can you really be in scarves, doo-rags and tassels? shocked laugh
For those of you that don't know any of these guys, just fast forward The Andy Griffith Show 60 years.

Otis Campbell and Earnest T Bass would be the outlaw bikers.
Otis rode a Cowasocky.
Would you also believe I met an old VFW biker group at a rest stop one day, they ALL happened to be former team guys, bat guys, seals, green berets, rangers and deltas? eek

Glad I got out of there alive. lmmfao............................
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide
Otis rode a Cowa-juggy.

Fixt. laugh
Ha!
Posted By: krp Re: Biker shootout in Waco today - 05/18/15
Restaurant must have been sponsoring a draw 'Easy Rider' contest...

Kent
Hang out in a Minneapolis gun shop if you want to see costumes.
Hang out in a Minneapolis gun shop if you want to see costumes.

Oh Lordy, I bet!!!!! grin
Originally Posted by slg888
+1, Juvenile criminal minds inside 50 year old overweight bodies.
Posted By: RWE Re: Biker shootout in Waco today - 05/18/15
how was it shown on Sons of Anarchy?
Legitimate question. Former co-worker (the real smith) and I would always have this conversation. Especially after dealing with certain customers.

Why does everyone feel they need to be a bad azz these days???

I don't remember adults acting like this when I was a kid. Mebbe I missed it??? The guys I was around, the coaches, scout leaders, Sunday school teachers, neighbors, relatives had all fought in WWII or Korea. I don't remember them having to posture to be a bad azz.
Posted By: krp Re: Biker shootout in Waco today - 05/18/15
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Legitimate question. Former co-worker (the real smith) and I would always have this conversation. Especially after dealing with certain customers.

I don't remember adults acting like this when I was a kid. Mebbe I missed it??? The guys I was around, the coaches, scout leaders, Sunday school teachers, neighbors, relatives had all fought in WWII or Korea. I don't remember them having to posture to be a bad azz.

The two older gentlemen taught me much, mostly how to be a man by example. They both were in WWII. Both are gone now... how I'd love to wake up in camp, eat some of their biscuits and gravy, and laugh over a campfire one more time.

Kent

[Linked Image]

They probably all sit down to watch Sons of Anarchy every week as well.

Clark
Originally Posted by krp
how I'd love to wake up in camp, eat some of their biscuits and gravy, and laugh over a campfire one more time.

I'd rephrase that...

Travis

Abundance of insecurity caused by living a life of unprecedented amounts of convenience and safety. The likes of which the world has never seen before.

'Flave PhD.
What 192 people arrested just for defending themselves? Where's the riots?
Originally Posted by krp

The two older gentlemen taught me much, mostly how to be a man by example. They both were in WWII. Both are gone now... how I'd love to wake up in camp, eat some of their biscuits and gravy, and laugh over a campfire one more time.

Kent

[Linked Image]

My point! Kindest old rancher I ever knew jumped into Normandy withthe 101st. Never knew it til he died!
Originally Posted by deflave

Abundance of insecurity caused by living a life of unprecedented amounts of convenience and safety. The likes of which the world has never seen before.

'Flave PhD.

That and Bruce Jenner
What do Gold Wing riders watch?
Same conclusion we came to! Thanks fellas!
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Biker shootout in Waco today - 05/18/15

It's so heartening that the 'fire does not suffer from this. wink

We can thank reality TV for most of the dumb-azzes running around today. Thats my take on it.
Virtual keyboards will push a man over the ledge too...
Originally Posted by Steelhead

wink
Just your typical run-of-the-mill capitalistic entrepreneurs trying to make a buck or two..

[Linked Image]
Modesty, my friend. The quality has nearly completely been eradicated from the population.

In times past, gentlemen inclined to brag or boast were looked down upon. I think that it is important to note that the majority of men in those days, had some level of military service. A great many of those saw combat, in one form or another. It seems almost universal, that the men who have truly seen the elephant, let alone those who rode the bastid bareback, have little to say about the experience. When they do speak of it, it is never in a boastful manner.

To distill it down like my Grandfather used to say, "Them that talk the most, did the least."

The lack of modesty is also evidenced in the female portion of our population. You can't go to town without seeing a woman or girl walk around in some form of stripper attire.

You shouldn't tell everything you know, and it's still a good idea to keep from showing all your cards.

Posted By: HawkI Re: Biker shootout in Waco today - 05/18/15
I benched pressed over 400 pounds, drank cases of beer daily, was horny as all get out 24/7, could work any man under the table in my twenties/thirties.

I'm in my forties now and my shoulder/back/knee/elbow is/are shot, it takes two days to cure a hangover, I hate work and my wife is more of a nag than a hot piece.

I'm sure when I turn sixty and don a leather jacket, dirty grey hair and beard and jump on a motorcycle I'll once again become the tough guy I once knew.

We all can.....if we can convince a handful of 20-30 year olds to do all the wetwork!
shiiit, four pages of bikershit and not one set of tits...
Jorge,

See woman bites off pit bull's testicles thread! laugh
Oh yeah, thanks for reminding me.

I have man boobs now too....
Yeah, but do you have a ponytail yet....
Originally Posted by joken2
Just your typical run-of-the-mill capitalistic entrepreneurs trying to make a buck or two..

[Linked Image]

I always found it amusing that these non-conformists all feel the need to dress alike....
Jorge,

See woman bites off pit bull's testicles thread! laugh

BRB...
A ponytail is nothing if its not braided....
Always WACO, Texas ..... must be something in the water
Originally Posted by HawkI
A ponytail beard is nothing if its not braided....
I don't know what rates higher for badassery; the braided beard or the bandana covering a bald or traumatically receded hairline?

This guy seems nice, but everytime I see his show, its like WTF, over? You're not cool, you're old....

[Linked Image]
Posted By: jimy Re: Biker shootout in Waco today - 05/18/15
Here's the story of what its like to be a Bad assed Biker.

http://www.bertushd.nl/fun/diary%20of%20a%20bad%20assbiker.htm

This guy seems nice, but everytime I see his show, its like WTF, over? You're not cool, you're old....

[Linked Image]

Nice tats.

Does he sing in a gospel quartet?
Originally Posted by Gadfly

I always found it amusing that these non-conformists all feel the need to dress alike....

And don't forget they can only go out to eat and see tourist sites with other male friends.

Nothing gay about that.

Dave

Did he decide being a low life snitch was easier than being a low life regular?

Travis

Dunno, this was going on thirty years ago, IIRC right aropund the arrival of the first Evo motor, back when the vagaries of constantly having to wrench on on the old shovelheads kept the Yuppie invasion at bay.

I'm recalling this guy was from Pa. moved to East Texas. blue collar occupation of some kind, maybe 40, dealt pills on the side. A bar acquaintance, rode a Wide (??) Glide (dunno how far back that term goes).

His circle when I knew him was among the huge amount of blue collar men and women in the South who were "bikers" by appearance; prob'ly drank, took some drugs, maybe some did some illegal things, but who had no overt membership in any outlaw clubs and were mostly decent sorts.

Prob'ly was acquainted with this guy for about two years, he was likewise a regular at a local college bar where many motorcycles went. In conversation a time or two he said he had been a Hell's Angel, but really had no use for 'em. Dunno the whole story, I didn't get the impression he was lying.

Birdwatcher

That's a really cool story.

Travis
TFF

Travis
Yes, it was nice.
Good riddance.

Yeah, you see these "gangs" of middle-aged weekend-warrior bikers riding around, stop here and there, in their Harley-Davidson branded leathers...swagger around acting tough with each other, but not to the point they risk a stranger calling them on it....most of them pull it off with about as much aplomb as their flabby wives would if they tried to pass as porn stars.
Posted By: 4ager Re: Biker shootout in Waco today - 05/18/15
Originally Posted by cra1948
Good riddance.

Yeah, you see these "gangs" of middle-aged weekend-warrior bikers riding around, stop here and there, in their Harley-Davidson branded leathers...swagger around acting tough with each other, but not to the point they risk a stranger calling them on it....most of them pull it off with about as much aplomb as their flabby wives would if they tried to pass as porn stars.

Yep, with "tatted guns" on display, no doubt.
And still no tits. GFY,,
What do Gold Wing riders watch?

Soap operas.
Originally Posted by jorgeI
And still no tits. GFY,,

Here you go

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Gadfly

[Linked Image]

You mean, like these?:

http://www.caloosariders.org/

Lots of you guys are funny as hell - and so obviously know zip about most Harley riders and motorcyclists in general.. Best laugh of the day so far..

laugh laugh laugh

I can always count on you. Too bad we have opposite tastes smile

grinAs in Navy VS. Coasties?? grin Seriously though, Making jokes about genuine biker gangs is a bit odd seeing as how they just had a pitched battle where more than 2 DOZEN people were killed or seriously wounded. Fits anyone's definition of "badassery". I had to deal with those "overweight old men" and they are NOT to be taken lightly.
Well, yeah! smile
A friend made a comment about Sturgis, he said there are so many grey beards it looks like a Santa Claus convention.
What should they be doing drive pickup trucks and pretend to be cowboys?

Hey, I thought I was appeasing the Navy side of you with that photo. After all, the Village People didn't want to join the Coast Guard.

Originally Posted by EvilTwin
Seriously though, Making jokes about genuine biker gangs is a bit odd seeing as how they just had a pitched battle where more than 2 DOZEN people were killed or seriously wounded. Fits anyone's definition of "badassery". I had to deal with those "overweight old men" and they are NOT to be taken lightly.

Yeah...stupid, crazy and tore-up is always a dangerous mix, hence my Otis and Earnest T reference.
Life has had enough twist and turns I've been put into close proximity with some 1%'ers more than a few times.

I'd have to agree with EvilTwin, while I don't like them, they're not to be underestimated, particularly when they're in a group.

like any gang they hang together, if you have trouble with one, you've trouble with all.

and like most gangs they have no reservations about using their strength in numbers to win any form of altercation.

why we don't have open season on biker gangs, latin gangs, crips, bloods etc. is beyond my ken.

all of them are the scourge of a decent society and one of the best reasons for hi cap mags.

many of each gang are not problematic on their own, but most each group ime has some true psychotic badazzes in them that the others are eager to emulate provided they have the numbers on their side.

easy to make fun of them behind a keyboard, and they do deserve the derision.

but ime, a guy is a fool not to recognize the true potential for danger they represent.
And still no tits. GFY,,

Here you go

[Linked Image]

HEY STOOLHEAD YOU LOOK GOOD SITTING ON THAT BIKE.
TOO BAD YOUR FAT ARSE DON't FIT
There is that, then again I suppose the wanted to join an actual branch of the armed forces...

STOOLHEAD you should know!
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
Life has had enough twist and turns I've been put into close proximity with some 1%'ers more than a few times.

I'd have to agree with EvilTwin, while I don't like them, they're not to be underestimated, particularly when they're in a group.

like any gang they hang together, if you have trouble with one, you've trouble with all.

and like most gangs they have no reservations about using their strength in numbers to win any form of altercation.

why we don't have open season on biker gangs, latin gangs, crips, bloods etc. is beyond my ken.

all of them are the scourge of a decent society and one of the best reasons for hi cap mags.

many of each gang are not problematic on their own, but most each group ime has some true psychotic badazzes in them that the others are eager to emulate provided they have the numbers on their side.

but ime, a guy is a fool not to recognize the true potential for danger they represent.

Wise words.

If the guys making light of the dangers of these criminals were to read some of the DPS Intelligence reports on some of these organizations, they may think differently. Most don't even know what a 1%'er is, or how they get those patches.

What I do think is funny is the guys that are wannabe's. The lawyers and accountants and their women that dress up and ride Harley's and the vests and jackets would be in over their heads in about 2 seconds with the real deal.

If there were any of those weekend warriors there in Waco yesterday, I'll bet they may be re-thinking their hobby after cleaning their drawers out...
Originally Posted by Redneck
You mean, like these?:

http://www.caloosariders.org/

Lots of you guys are funny as hell - and so obviously know zip about most Harley riders and motorcyclists in general.. Best laugh of the day so far..

laugh laugh laugh

Hell I'd rather deal with 1%'s any day than those [bleep] spandex wearin, militant minded, soccer parent bicyclists that think they own the damn road.
Bastards around here ride around in packs of 40 or 50 and will NOT get out of the way so you can move on through.
I'm sure there were. Twin Peaks caters to that crowd.
Originally Posted by ltppowell

I was thinking the same thing. Not only would they need to clean their drawers out, but some of them may have been unable to go to work today because they were sitting in jail waiting for the police to separate the real from the wannabe's. laugh

That's gotta be a great resume enhancer... wink
Not likely Rock. Profiling at its finest!! "Wear a club patch, go right to jail, do not pass Go,do not collect 200 dollars."
Originally Posted by 1899sav

Damn Steve, still have buttphucking on your mind.
Peace, Steelie...
Originally Posted by tndrbstr

Hell I'd rather deal with 1%'s any day than those [bleep] spandex wearin, militant minded, soccer parent bicyclists that think they own the damn road.
Bastards around here ride around in packs of 40 or 50 and will NOT get out of the way so you can move on through.

They are fugging idiots.

Travis
I have kind of a related question to this thread. There is this guy that was a hell's angel, out of the original riverside group, that still rides, but says he is no longer associated with or a hell's angel.

I find that hard to believe. Is it possible to leave one of these groups, and still be breathing?
Yup. Hell's Angels retire. All they have to do is put an "out" date on the club tattoo after they resign. If they get kicked out,it is an entirely different ball game. They beat his ass, I've seen where they took a wire brush on an electric drill and ground off the club tatt, gang bang his old lady, take his bike and auction off the parts.
How civilized...
Posted By: ST50 Re: Biker shootout in Waco today - 05/18/15
Many of us have been riding motorcycles most of our lives and going to the Black Hills for way different reasons than the "1 percenters". You do run in to them but they are easy to avoid, and just speaking for myself, I hope they kill each other off at a much higher rate. I have seen more problems with pissant wannabe's than any gang related organizations.
wonder if Claiborne went
I would doubt it.
I saw a T shirt in a bar once that said three can keep a secret if two of them are dead.
I live in an area where loads of wannabes live and they are 99 per cent of motorcycle owners not to be confused with the one percent who are criminals.
Some people just enjoy riding and searching for women with loose morals.
Sonny lives in carefree/cave creek arizona. Which has basically one big road into the town, the south side on to bell rd and the black canyon freeway. Which is I17. You see from time to time groups making pilgrimages up to and from there, and we did have a shooting of some bikers on bell rd last year. In cave creek on weekends, that is a popular destination for breakfast for all kind of bikers, not just the harley crowd. I have riden my gold wing there many times, and zero problems. But while i am sure there are biker gang members around, they just don't seem for the most part to cause trouble here. But then i don't ride on the road with groups wearing the insignia either.

Really? Both times I went into Twin Peaks I was so busy looking at the waitress's boobs & butts I failed to take much notice of the appearance of the other patrons...

STOOLHEAD Did You learn that from your "DADDY"
Jeez, Doc, here I've been asking about boob pictures and you're the one hoarding them! smile
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit

Wise words.

If the guys making light of the dangers of these criminals were to read some of the DPS Intelligence reports on some of these organizations, they may think differently. Most don't even know what a 1%'er is, or how they get those patches.

What I do think is funny is the guys that are wannabe's. The lawyers and accountants and their women that dress up and ride Harley's and the vests and jackets would be in over their heads in about 2 seconds with the real deal.

I think it's the wannabe's that we're poking fun at, the real ones we just despise.
smile
So...are you losing sleep yet? Your hunt is almost here!
I have had some acquaintance with outlaw bikers, past & present day. Like any other segment of society, there are many variations on an individual basis, and from club to club. We have some folks out here who wear colors who are pretty damn old and beat up, and who I seriously doubt could cut the mustard in San Antonio or El Paso... Dunno if they're semi-retired or what, but word around the campfire is they run meth locally as well as holding down legitimate jobs in the oilfield. I stop by when I see them in their driveways, we talk bikes & motors & the weather, they're just local folks as far as they treat me and I them. I would not care to fight any of them, mind you...

Some clubs are more virulent than others, and some local chapters are likewise worse or better than others. There are a lot of folks in the gangs who are very pleasant and personable as long as you don't cross into their area of operations.

As to the shoutout up in Waco.... Sounds like a Charlie Foxtrot of epic proportions. When I'm riding/touring on my cycle, I tend to stay away from places patronized by people wearing color vests/jackets. The 1%ers are to be avoided for obvious reasons; the wannabes and Gay BikersFor Jesus and other types are to be avoided just as earnestly, again for obvious reasons. At least they're obvious to me.
So...are you losing sleep yet? Your hunt is almost here!

Not losing sleep yet, but i I'm spending a lot of time at the range!
How's the double working for you?
Posted By: add Re: Biker shootout in Waco today - 05/18/15

If there were any of those weekend warriors there in Waco yesterday, I'll bet they may be re-thinking their hobby after cleaning their drawers out...

[Linked Image]
I have got some out of jail. Put some back in while working in a family busneiss. Real pieces of dog [bleep]! Let they're " old ladies" work while they set on they're azz. Tough as hell when they're is 5 or 6 of them.
I haven't heard if it was only bikers that were killed & injured, or if some bystanders got it, too. I did hear on the news 170 are arrested, and it will be treated as a capital murder. I expect right now a lot of folks are claiming to only be bystanders smirk

During college a buddy and I were at a sketchy bar...for sketchy reasons, something involving wet t-shirts...and a mass fight broke out among the bikers, who IIRC were Banditos. We exited as fast as possible smirk

~8-9 years ago I'm fishing on the California Delta and find a dockside restaurant, park the boat and sit down for a nice lunch. And of course the place fills up with bikers, throwing a party for some leader. After eating I have to walk out through the middle of their party, where the leader was holding court, sitting at a table by himself, surrounded by all his followers. smile Damn good thing I was dressed for fishing and not like a biker, just said "excuse me", smiled, nodded, walked past the leader's table, then jumped in the boat, said God bless Mercury, and hauled ass in the boat as soon as I could. grin
Originally Posted by add

[Linked Image]

I'll wait for the limited "Looter" edition commemorating Ferguson and Baltimore. wink
Kind of surprising to see this type of violence out of motorcycle gangs these days.

I spend some time on the HD forums just to get some tips on how to do maintenance on my Dyna and to see what outers have done to their bikes.

There's hardly any "outlaw" banter that goes on there. Mostly it's older guys who have their bikes set up for touring and the young guys who are putting together California style Super Glides.

The typical "biker style" out in California these days is flannel shirts with a button down collar, (the Bay Area stays a bit on the chilly side) cheap jeans and some type of sports shoes. The young people don't seem to be at all interested in leather, chain wallets, or criminal activities.

They just like building up the motors and running the hell out of the bikes.

My personal attire for riding my bikes is a pair of slip on Merrell loafers, Walmart jeans, and one of those white T shirts that they sell down at the gas station/mini mart where I buy gas. (they have good knit collars that don't stretch out from being wind blown.)

I've always thought the typical biker costume looked a bit wonky. It looks especially wonky on old guys.

Travis

I know you was being snide but....

A cool group of people, the ol' time Harley faithful. Hard to fault folks who had been riding the same motorcycle for ten or fifteen years through more rebuilds that they could easily remember. People who judged how the motor was doing by running a finger inside a straight pipe to swipe the carbon.

Snook TX, maybe 1983, late Friday night at one of them small town bars with jars of pickled feet behind the counter and peanut shells on the floor. Guys in straw hats and herbicide caps sitting at the bar and around tables, muddy pickup trucks out front, a few working dogs in the mix. One of them humid summer nights with swarms of bugs around the porch lights.

The screen door bangs, and an attractive woman with long blonde hair, maybe 30, staggers out under the streetlight to kickstart her Ol' Man's vintage Harley.

I forget at this distance if'n she started it or not, I do recall her being barely big enough to kick it over. I fell in love of course cool

'Spect you were still in Middle School back then.

I'm not recalling seeing many outlaw bikers where I was, I dunno that being a Buster Badass woulda played real well with those particular folks who lived there.

Except that maybe the outlaw effect was felt through the huge Harley theft problem at that time. IIRC word of mouth had it that stolen Harleys were being shipped overseas at a profit. Sucked to be at a rally of some sort where a Harley or two was lifted from the far end of the parking lot after dark.

Never could own one myself, back then whatever motorcycle I had was my only wheels and you could hardly leave a Harley in the parking lot at the mall while you shopped, or out back every night where you worked. Things was so bad that, if you did ride a Harley to work, common wisdom was you should take different ways home and be sure to have a steel ring cemented into your garage floor to chain the bike to.

Plus, flogging bikes down twisty backroads was more my thing and yer average everyday Harley didn't do real well at 100 mph +.

Birdwatcher

STOOLHEAD Did You learn that from your "DADDY"

He told me about banging a skank from Illanoise that married a frigging tool to raise her baby.

Say hey to my 1/2 brother.
Whenever I see a new vest riding around, the first thing I do is Google them up. I want to know if I have serious trouble around, and in my neighborhood of Northern NV, there are a couple that I have found that are actually outlaw MC's. But for every one outlaw MC, there's probably 5-6 of the good guys; that's reassuring.
Good Guy being a very subjectional term.
Good Guy being a very subjectional term.

I met a few "Riders for the Son" people I thought were pretty cool.
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal

~8-9 years ago I'm fishing on the California Delta and find a dockside restaurant, park the boat and sit down for a nice lunch. And of course the place fills up with bikers, throwing a party for some leader. After eating I have to walk out through the middle of their party, where the leader was holding court, sitting at a table by himself, surrounded by all his followers. smile Damn good thing I was dressed for fishing and not like a biker, just said "excuse me", smiled, nodded, walked past the leader's table, then jumped in the boat, said God bless Mercury, and hauled ass in the boat as soon as I could. grin

Union point?
The main salvage yard here, the owner employs the White Bikers Association to run the yard, the scales, the trucking, the payhouse, all of it. And it's an all-cash operation. Hence the fine security. laugh

Never been a hiccup in there, everybody's always straight-up and friendly too when I drop off a car but then again I am a white boy. Heck they don't even check the trunk on the 'crush ems' grin
I went into a biker bar at about 11am one morning.

I ordered a beer and thought to myself "What a buncha fahghs."

I started drinking my beer. I was horribly hung over from the night before and just needed to even the ballasts and yes I was a long, long, long ways from home.

Two of them approached me and asked what I did. I assumed they meant for work and I told them I didn't do anything. Then they asked me if they thought I belonged there. I just shrugged and said "Can't imagine why not." Then they told me that they were going to allow me to finish my beer as long as I stood up and got "the fugh out" as soon as I finished it.

The light bulb went off. I finished that Budweiser. Quickly. And left.

Found out later that day that I was definitely in a place I shouldn't have been. I walked smack dab into "church." Never figured out why they gave me the beer in the first place. I'm just glad I didn't get raped. That day.

Travis
Twin Peaks:

We've got some Bandidos around. They will pretty much leave you alone if you leave them alone and they know how to get along in society. But always remember that they simply don't give a [bleep]. They will beat someone silly or even kill someone at the drop of a hat without much regard for the consequences.

The gun fight in a parking lot at fricking noon on a Sunday is kind of indicative of that mentality. It was time to get it on so they did without regard to time, place, or consequences.
Whatever else happens, this was an epic gunfight...

I wonder how long before the anti-gun crowd starts trying new legislation because of it?
I've heard that the Cossacks either are, or want to be, an affiliate of the Hells Angels. If true, this is going to get a lot deadlier before it's over.
All I wanted to know about the incident came when I heard that all nine dead were bikers. Ho, hum. Carry on.
Originally Posted by JoeBob
We've got some Bandidos around. They will pretty much leave you alone if you leave them alone and they know how to get along in society. But always remember that they simply don't give a [bleep]. They will beat someone silly or even kill someone at the drop of a hat without much regard for the consequences.

The gun fight in a parking lot at fricking noon on a Sunday is kind of indicative of that mentality. It was time to get it on so they did without regard to time, place, or consequences.

We'll see how many of them "don't give a [bleep]" when they realize that Engaging in Organized Criminal Activity, in Texas, gets everybody charged with one count higher than the highest crime committed by the organization. That means 192 people potentially charged with Capital Murder. They'll all be snitching faster than a cat can lick it's ass. This is a colossal mistake for them.
Originally Posted by UPhiker
I've heard that the Cossacks either are, or want to be, an affiliate of the Hells Angels. If true, this is going to get a lot deadlier before it's over.

Maybe so, but right now they're soiling their knickers. They all are.
They should take them all to the yard, throw in one knife, and tell them only one walks out and they have to decide who it is laugh .

Maybe so, but right now they're wetting their knickers. They all are.
Yeah, this will separate the drinking, smoking brawling bikers from the hardcore criminals.
It will have members from each organization giving detailed statements regarding everything they know about everyone in return for not getting the needle. I promise you, if there is a person smart enough to be scared...they are.
Originally Posted by JoeBob

We'll see how many of them "don't give a [bleep]" when they realize that Engaging in Organized Criminal Activity, in Texas, gets everybody charged with one count higher than the highest crime committed by the organization. That means 192 people potentially charged with Capital Murder. They'll all be snitching faster than a cat can lick it's ass. This is a colossal mistake for them.

That's some funny stuff Pat, the true reality of it all. I live in San Antonio in the late 70s/early 80s when Federal Judge Woods got whacked. LE hassled everyone one a bike for a good while.

I had about a dozen Bandidos swarm past my pickup one day and then we all hit a red light. Had my two little boys with me at the time. Was hoping like hell I didn't have to run any of those bastids over, my truck was my only weapon at the time.
The "epicness" of this fight will pale in the light of the indictments that will fall in the next two years. Unlike the black gangs, these guys have no political value to save them.
Originally Posted by Akbob5
I live in San Antonio in the late 70s/early 80s when Federal Judge Woods got whacked. LE hassled everyone one a bike for a good while.

I remember that, but mostly for the wrong reason...what dumbass kills somebody with a .224 Wby? laugh
I used to drink with a biker neighbor. He said the bikers have records so their "old ladies" carry for them. He laughed and said the problem is the old ladies are the first to run when trouble starts and the bikers are standing there watching their weapons running out the door. I'm thinking those women will be the first to flip.
Originally Posted by Akbob5
I live in San Antonio in the late 70s/early 80s when Federal Judge Woods got whacked. LE hassled everyone one a bike for a good while.

I remember that, but mostly for the wrong reason...what dumbass kills somebody with a .224 Wby? laugh

Make you wonder if it was a 75 grain A-Max and where Ingwe was at the time! Grin....
Didn't woody harelson? dad shoot the judge.

I remember when that happened.

All the hollywood types tried to get the old man out early because of some ailment or such.
yes
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
Originally Posted by SBH

Until someone does something illegal, all that would result in clearing out the restaurant of scumbag bikers would be a lawsuit by their scumbag lawyers for violating their rights.

After all, they raise money and give toys to children...

Was referring to non-biker customers....which I read were present. Don't know why they didn't leave on their own as this explosive situation should have been obvious anyway.

This article says the franchisee already has had his license revoked by corporate Twin Peaks.

http://news.yahoo.com/nearly-200-arrested-texas-deadly-biker-gang-shootout-121751413.html

Concerning Judge Woods. That was right after I left the state the first time and went to work at an Austin gunshop now gone. FBI came in the shop with mugshots. Two fellas best I remember. The guys had been in the shop. But best I remember we did not have the rifle in stock they were looking for. So they went elsewhere.

FWIW, the gunfight yesterday was between Bandidos and Cossacks.

It was a 3-way gunfight......and included the cops.........which have stated that LEO's tipped over several bikers.

Can't wait to see the vids.
it seems as they, the participants, are going to be facing capital murder crimes.
That's a whole lot of capital murder cases...
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
it seems as they, the participants, are going to be facing capital murder crimes.

Yep.

And Texas don't fug around with them. They don't mind sending them to Death Row.

With all the news coverage surrounding this incident I don't see anyone asking the only relevant question...

Any blacks get shot?
Yeah, you see these "gangs" of middle-aged weekend-warrior bikers riding around, stop here and there, in their Harley-Davidson branded leathers.

One thing that became apparent when I pedaled a bicycle across the country last summer was that America already has more than enough old guys in leather riding around on loud bikes (Doc, you get a pass grin)

This guy in rural Indiana however seemed like the real deal. If he was an outlaw I saw no sign of it. IIRC he was a cabinet maker or some such in the next town over.

[Linked Image]

Suffered for his art riding that thing, that's fer sure grin

Birdwatcher
Yeah, you see these "gangs" of middle-aged weekend-warrior bikers riding around, stop here and there, in their Harley-Davidson branded leathers.

One thing that became apparent when I pedaled a bicycle across the country last summer was that America already has more than enough old guys in leather riding around on loud bikes (Doc, you get a pass grin)

This guy in rural Indiana however seemed like the real deal. If he was an outlaw I saw no sign of it. IIRC he was a cabinet maker or some such in the next town over.

[Linked Image]

Birdwatcher

That guy is the definition of a Rat Biker. laugh
OMG's aside... I don't understand why more people can't simply appreciate a motorcycle for being a motorcycle and drive down the fugging road by themselves and dress like somebody that has a job.

Travis

Any blacks get shot?

That is a blatantly racist thing to ask.

They can't afford those type of bikes.

Please edit your post.

Dave
Then they can't be unique, like everyone else. Lots of folks apparently like to play dress up.
OMG's aside... I don't understand why more people can't simply appreciate a motorcycle for being a motorcycle and drive down the fugging road by themselves and dress like somebody that has a job.

Travis

A bagpiper by day.

[Linked Image]
Unlike the black gangs, these guys have no political value to save them.

Their political value has dropped well below 1%.
OMG's aside... I don't understand why more people can't simply appreciate a motorcycle for being a motorcycle and drive down the fugging road by themselves and dress like somebody that has a job

Well, clearly because the whole biker thing ain't really about motorcycles because if it was then EVERYBODY would be dull, clad head to foot in kevlar and riding a Beemer grin

a few years ago i was riding down on the wing from prescott to phx. Got stuck in a traffic mess due to an accident and ended up with a pack of goldwings. Also riding to phoenix. Everyone riding them was black. Not something you normally see. Nice guys, had their wives/girl friends with them too.
You run into a lot of different types on bikes. I remember the shock when i pulled in to a gas station and there was a harley right in front of me with two woman. Okay. Until i saw the frame for the license plate, had Dikes on bikes on it. I am sheltered enough not to know dikes road harleys.

... America already has more than enough old guys in leather riding around on loud bikes (Doc, you get a pass grin)

[Linked Image]

Birdwatcher

He'd HAVE to be from the next town over, bein' his apparent age and riding a hardtail like that... OUCH!!!
So, you have 4 or 5 biker gangs at your eatery--- what could go wrong??
Posted By: EdM Re: Biker shootout in Waco today - 05/18/15

[Linked Image]

Birdwatcher

That is a badazz bike. I would own one but scared the chitt out of myself on my brother's Kawasaki 100cc Green Streak when I was a kid. A screamer bike of the day. Seem to recall it running 10K RPM. Well, anyway, that was that which is unfortunate as my place in Texas is spot on for nice rides. Appears I will be doing them in my 73 Mach 1...

[Linked Image]

Birdwatcher

Back in the old days of hardtail frames the serious motorcycle riders all wore kidney belts.
Back in the old days of hardtail frames the serious motorcycle riders all wore kidney belts.

...and still peed blood anyway..... grin

I'm wondering if riding a hardtail could help with kidney stones....
Posted By: Boise Re: Biker shootout in Waco today - 05/18/15
I'm a board member on our local Harley Owners Group. We are active in our local community doing both charity work and giving donations. I don't ever recall seeing a hunting club represented at any of our charity events.

We dress like we do because the outfits we wear were designed for riders. If you don't believe me have your buddy let you sit on the hood of his truck and run you down the road at 80 mph and then rethink why one would wrap themselves in the better part of a cow to prevent exposure. Yes, I also have cordura and kevlar gear.

I gave up off road riding after 30 years and got a new Harley, joined the local club, and have made a number of good friends. My original plan was to buy a fishing boat - I find Harley riders are a lot better company than fishermen.

Anyone can sit in a stand and shoot a deer over a bait station. How many of you feel comfortable tossing around an 800 pound motorcycle?
You meet the nicest people on a Honda
Originally Posted by Boise
. How many of you feel comfortable tossing around an 800 pound motorcycle?

*raises hand*
Anyone can sit in a stand and shoot a deer over a bait station. How many of you feel comfortable tossing around an 800 pound motorcycle?

My rule always has to been never ride a bike you can't pick up all by yourself after it falls plumb over, as they all do sooner or later.

See, I had visions of my desiccated carcass being found next to my tipped-over motorcycle at some isolated scenic overlook somewhere in the desert.....

Not finished with this yet.... grin

Speaking as someone who has done both.....

...there actually ain't that much difference between "tossing around an 800 pound motorcycle" and sitting in a deer stand, except that the deer stand is usually a lot less comfortable....
My rule has always been,....don't drop the damn thing.
What a bunch of sheeple losers.

...and one more again grin....

How many of you feel comfortable being stuck behind a whole crew of portly, middle-aged guys in their Korean HOG leathers, Chinese "Official Harley Davidson" boots and Dominican Republican "Official Harley Davidson" skull and crossbones bandannas, ALL of whom are "tossing around" their 800 pound motorcycles at a distinctly sedate rate of speed down a twisty backroad, ruining the experience for the rest of us piled up behind them on actual functioning motorcycles?

What if pretty much EVERY decent backroad where you lived was that way anymore?

Any blacks get shot?

That is a blatantly racist thing to ask.

They can't afford those type of bikes.

Please edit your post.

Dave

Can't afford?? Since when did they start paying for stuff? whistle
Some people confuse image with performance.

I understand the appeal of riding a bike, but IMHO an 800# bike is the antithesis of why one rides a bike.
"You meet the nicest people on a Honda"

The Hell's Angels say, "I'd rather see my sister in a whorehouse than my brother on a Honda." wink

L.W.
The Hell's Angels say, "I'd rather see my sister in a whorehouse than my brother on a Honda." wink

L.W.

For a short but significant period of time in my sort-of youth I was seeing an attractive blonde who had her own shovelhead that some older guy had given her. Better yet, she would let me ride it while she followed behind on my "ahem" Japanese motorcycle.

When we passed other Harleys going the other way me and them would wave like we was old friends, and none of them waved at her because she was on my bike grin

That was then, and back then it was easy to tell what was American iron coming the other way and what wasn't. Not nearly as easy any more, long since.

Ok, Mikuni carbs, Arai wheels, Showa forks, Nippon Denso electrics, Taiwanese bolts and screw.... Harley has long been outsourcing parts and just ASSEMBLING the bikes here.

But war worse IMHO.... the old generation Harleys like the Shovels were rebuildable seemingly forever, even if like Thoreau's axe you could end up replacing most of the bike bit by bit anyway.

The new Harleys? Sure they'll go 200,000 miles and sure you don't end up wrenching on 'em in a rest area, ever. But when the motor is toast you toss it, just like Japanese bikes.

Only rebuildable bikes in old sense of the word I can think of are the single cylinder thumpers put on dirt and dual-purpose bikes, especially the 650cc Honda offerings. Likewise I believe the same applies to the 500cc Royal Enfields, now made in India on original 1960's Brit tooling.

Birdwatcher
Four killed by cops.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/18/us/texas-biker-gang-brawl-shooting/index.html
Two and a half years ago I survived a riding mistake without injury, but that told me my riding time was over. Gave away the leathers, sold the Harley and bought a Mustang.
The 'stang has a much better heater. grin
The ride was fun while it lasted, but I got past my comfort level and was pretty sure it was gonna kill me if I didn't give it up.
Originally Posted by Tracks
Two and a half years ago I survived a riding mistake without injury, but that told me my riding time was over. Gave away the leathers, sold the Harley and bought a Mustang.
The 'stang has a much better heater. grin
The ride was fun while it lasted, but I got past my comfort level and was pretty sure it was gonna kill me if I didn't give it up.

I did the same when I was about 25. You can only pick up so many heads on one side of the road, and bodies on the other, before you realize that it's only a matter of time.
So who were the 3rd group?

Saw Scimitars, Cossacks ????

Mike
They are now saying as many as 5 biker groups..........plus some great shootin' a$$ cops. Cops won this one.

Vids please...........right now.
Hmm didn't think they would get that close to each other must be divvying up territory or something up to no good even w/o the shooting.

RICOA type case maybe?

Fox originally posted unedited pics from the AP that showed a couple of dirtbags with an extra hole in the head.

Mike
Police say 170 bikers were booked into the McLennan County Jail to be charged with Engaging in Organized Crime. That number has decreased from 192, originally reported by police Monday. Each was being held on $1 million bond. Other charges may be pending.

http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/loca...orted-in-waco-restaurant-melee/27498095/
Local news here in N. Texas are saying that all LEO Agencies in TX are on alert to watch for Banditos traveling to Waco.
Don't mess with Texas... shocked

DF
Originally Posted by SBH
They are now saying as many as 5 biker groups..........plus some great shootin' a$$ cops. Cops won this one.

Vids please...........right now.

Sounds like Cowboys and Bikers... cool

DF
Local news here in N. Texas are saying that all LEO Agencies in TX are on alert to watch for Banditos traveling to Waco.

I hope they treat them like those wannabe jihadis the other day laugh

He was a 1 percenter your honor I was in fear for my life!

Mike
Then you are no better than they are.
You mean a low life drug abusing drug trafficking illegal gun running woman abusing thieving drunkard who has committed their life to an organization formed for the explicit purpose of breaking the law?

Mike
One hundred seventy outlaw bikers and associates locked up on organized crime and capital murder charges in a single incident, bail set at a million dollars each.

This has got to be a huge coup for Texas Law Enforcement.

How many of you feel comfortable being stuck behind a whole crew of portly, middle-aged guys in their Korean HOG leathers, Chinese "Official Harley Davidson" boots and Dominican Republican "Official Harley Davidson" skull and crossbones bandannas, ALL of whom are "tossing around" their 800 pound motorcycles at a distinctly sedate rate of speed down a twisty backroad, ruining the experience for the rest of us piled up behind them on actual functioning motorcycles?

Oh, I don't know. I'm pretty sure I rode my 97 Wide Glide (and a number of bikes before that) fast enough I didn't back traffic up on ANY road. And I've scraped the bottom of the pedals on more than one corner. Not sure it went quite 800 lbs. grin.
One hundred seventy outlaw bikers and associates locked up on organized crime and capital murder charges in a single incident, bail set at a million dollars each.

I'd imagine it'll add up to a huge expense in trial cost, too, not to mention the cost of long term incarceration, if they all stand trial and get convicted as charged.

I'd imagine it'll add up to a huge expense in trial cost, too, not to mention the cost of long term incarceration, if they all stand trial and get convicted as charged.

If they all get convicted, it should "lighten up" death row a bit!

Sycamore

A guy I knew in another lifetime out of Hollywood FL used to run with some HAs in NYC in the late 70s. One story he related to me had him at a clubhouse in the Bronx on a sofa with a HA on one side and a DD or something on the other. Back then NYC was in most ways a LOT more dangerous than what some realize. Even the HAs were concerned enough about getting their scooters ripped off parked on the street and as such would store them in the apartment, one that was on the second and third floor of a building. Anyway, at some point an argument/dispute broke out between these two cats seated on either side of Tom, and him, not wanting to be part of any fisticuffs, went to stand. Before he knew what was happening, the HA had pulled a hatchet, swung it across Tom's face and buried it in the other guy's chest. Tom was made to help haul the guy's body in a carpet and dump it in a dumpster a few blocks away, and had his DL taken from him, ostensibly as insurance; he 'helped' dispose of the body and as such was also party to the killing, and these dudes taking his ID told him that there'd be no ambiguity as to his identity. He moved out of NYC to Boston within the next couple of days. Good times.

It could cripple or kill the organizations.

Can you imagine the plea deals for those that are willing to squeal on the ones they associate and have criminal activities with that weren't even there?

Indictments forthcoming. smile
Originally Posted by kamo_gari

A guy I knew in another lifetime out of Hollywood FL used to run with some HAs in NYC in the late 70s. One story he related to me had him at a clubhouse in the Bronx on a sofa with a HA on one side and a DD or something on the other. Back then NYC was in most ways a LOT more dangerous than what some realize. Even the HAs were concerned enough about getting their scooters ripped off parked on the street and as such would store them in the apartment, one that was on the second and third floor of a building. Anyway, at some point an argument/dispute broke out between these two cats seated on either side of Tom, and him, not wanting to be part of any fisticuffs, went to stand. Before he knew what was happening, the HA had pulled a hatchet, swung it across Tom's face and buried it in the other guy's chest. Tom was made to help haul the guy's body in a carpet and dump it in a dumpster a few blocks away, and had his DL taken from him, ostensibly as insurance; he 'helped' dispose of the body and as such was also party to the killing, and these dudes taking his ID told him that there'd be no ambiguity as to his identity. He moved out of NYC to Boston within the next couple of days. Good times.
I don't believe I'd have toldt that one. eek
Similar thing happened to a longtime friend of mine who was living that life. We was of the generation that actually took the movie "Easy Rider" seriously crazy We graduate, I go off to college, he heads out West seeking to become a biker.

Does so many drugs he aggravates a longtime heart condition and has to go in the hospital for open-heart surgery. Right before he goes into the hospital he learns his pretty wife is fooling around with his best friend. Then at a party at his place a fight breaks out and one biker fatally stabs another right in front of him.

He goes under the knife, first person he sees when he wakes up is his wife, who tells him she wishes he had died on the operating table. About the second and third people he sees are the Cops and the other bikers respectively. The Cops have all sorts of questions, the bikers tell him if he answers any of those questions he's a dead man.

Last time I seen him before I left for Africa (Peace Corps) he's back home in his brother's trailer, WICKED recent incision down his chest, looking out the window every time a vehicle passes by. His buddy who was screwing his wife did take the time and trouble to ship his Harley back to him (wives may come and go, but hey, motorcycles is important grin).

No worries, he's fat and married, been that way for more'n thirty years, a grandfather now, and as a retired teamster makes more in retirement than I do working.

Perhaps I chose the wrong path through life grin

Birdwatcher
Just all the logistics of all those arrests ( I hated paperwork). I Would think they impounded all the bikes, inventories taken of everything. A mountain of paperwork.

LMAO.. That - comin' 'from a crotch-rocket snob... Hilarious.. Keep in mind, there, Birdy, that soon you'll be exactly what you so sneeringly describe above. I'll bet you won't be so snide then.

Why don't you figure out a way to get into the Isle of Man TT race when you can take yer crotchy screamin' into them corners like you obviously drool over? At least then you'll not put the rest of society in peril with your idiotic antics on two wheels.

Worst bikers in the world are the crotchies around here who pass on blind corners, double-yellows and over a sharp rise in the LH lane where anyone comin' over the hill will find fresh meat on their windshields and a crotchy in their grill. Those are the fools that give us ALL a bad name. Take a dive doin' stupid things like that and ya get exactly what ya deserve..

Sorry - but that's the way it is... YMMV.

It could cripple or kill the organizations.

Can you imagine the plea deals for those that are willing to squeal on the ones they associate and have criminal activities with that weren't even there?

Indictments forthcoming. smile

You don't think Obama's Department of Justice would consider prosecuting a bunch of white trash, do you? IMO, this is going to turn into one of the biggest OC cases of all time, unless it is tied to some major Democrats pronto.
Posted By: poboy Re: Biker shootout in Waco today - 05/19/15
Don't forget to come to the ROT - Republic Of Texas Bike Rally in mid-June. Usually 50,000 bikes in Austin for a week or so.
The story now has it that the fight started over a parking space.

Was it Ace Adair?

Ace always carries a hatchet as well.

Travis
This morning I heard an argument over a state of Texas patch was involved. A lot of the pictures on TV were of Hispanics, did not see any blacks.

Big news is that the anti-gun bunch are saying this situation would only have been worse under "open carry", and shows the kind of old west lawlessness that open carry advocates obviously yearn for. Gov. Abbott said since it happened in the absence of open carry, he did not see how open carry could be considered a cause, or lack of open carry a solution, - so he still intends to sign the open carry law as soon as it reaches his desk.

Now how come Hillary doesn't have to release her emails until after the election?
Don't forget to come to the ROT - Republic Of Texas Bike Rally in mid-June. Usually 50,000 bikes in Austin for a week or so.

Yeah Mike. Always a pleasure out here east of Austin. Same a MS 150 bike ride. I'll just stay hold up here on the Canta Forda. Hopefully avoiding the noise and traffic.
Defending/glorifying the "outlaw" lifestyle is cool until your 14y/o daughter is rufied, has the brotherhood pull a train on her, addicts her to heroin and peddles her ass in truckstops all over Minnysoda.

When she comes home diseased and brain dead remember your motto

Live Free, Ride Hard....retards

mike r
LMAO.. That - comin' 'from a crotch-rocket snob... Hilarious.. Keep in mind, there, Birdy, that soon you'll be exactly what you so sneeringly describe above. I'll bet you won't be so snide then.

??

Crotch rockets??? grin Out of that 250,000 miles and ten years (age 27 to 37) in my motorcycle period, only around 40,000 miles and a year and a half was on a 750 Ninja, and that only because my roommate sold it to me on really good terms. It was one of the more boring bikes I owned; sure it would pull power wheelies in every gear and absolutely lunge when you cracked open the throttle at 100.

But what REALLY counted was having a woman on the back, and it sucked at that.

Just because a bike handles well at 80+ and will pull 100 don't make it a crotch rocket. Twenty-one years back I finally bought my perfect bike; the last of the Beemer airheads, the R100 g/s Paris/Dakar (Harleys were out of the question on account of the theft rate). OMG, that was gonna be THE classic bike I kept forever (this ain't mine, mine was green).

[Linked Image]

Forrest Gump was right about that whole box of chocolates thing. Turns out the R100 g/s P/D was the worst bike BMW ever built, EVERYTHING went wrong on that bike, so unreliable it would scarcely go around the block, and at the time it was still my major transportation.

So, dug the ol' KLR 650 out of storage, tho' once again it has sat mostly unused in the garage since the last time I rode it to NY State (1,000 miles a day, Yo cool) Here I is in NY in 2010, when my nephew was fortunately still at an age where getting picked up at school on even an 18 year old KLR was a big deal grin Courted my wife on that bike when it was new and everything...

[Linked Image]

A 650 KLR one-up has useful acceleration to 80 mph (tops out ~95 with no headwind if yer patient), this is good because there are few interesting corners that can be taken at speeds exceeding that. I found that having to hit every shift, line and braking point just right to run with the fast boys on a lightweight, underpowered bike was tremendous fun cool

I've tried it in the Hill Country a few times since then. But nope, nowadays EVERY decent road on EVERY weekend is clogged with rafts of slow-moving Harleys or Harley lookalikes. Sucks frown

Doesn't help either that most folks riding 'em are as humorless and thin-skinned as yerself.

Anyways, I might have escaped the fat-guy-on-a-bike deal. See, I always thought that everybody should own a Harley at least once in their lives, but last year at age 57 I did that whole 2,000 mile Texas - NY thing on Taiwanese iron, my coolest trip ever.....

[Linked Image]

...just might have ruint me on that whole motorcycle thing fer life...... crazy

Birdwatcher
I blame the Evo motor and Willie G....

The Evo gave 'em a bike that fired up every time you turned the key and which never needed wrenching, and Willie G. sold 'em the pre-packaged image, and the outfits to go with it.

The Evo gave 'em a bike that fired up most every time you turned the key and which never needed less wrenching, and Willie G. sold 'em the pre-packaged image, and the outfits to go with it.

A fairly accurate assumption as to how things stand now with the hoard of modern "bikers" I would say.
Posted By: JOG Re: Biker shootout in Waco today - 05/19/15
Anyways, I might have escaped the fat-guy-on-a-bike deal. See, I always thought that everybody should own a Harley at least once in their lives, but last year at age 57 I did that whole 2,000 mile Texas - NY thing on Taiwanese iron, my coolest trip ever.....

I made the mistake of showing my wife your bicycle travelogue and she's had a crush on you even since. Every month or two she asks me how you're doing. I'm going to tell her you got fat and traded the bicycle for a Harley to putter around on.
Holy smoke! Looking fer pics of the ol' Beemer I came across my wedding pic, all taken in front of that very bike grin (We tied the knot outside by the Medina River, some kid actually caught a fish at my wedding, best one I've been to if'n I do say so myself)...

[Linked Image]

Anyways, THATS how much I was about bikes back then cool

And the club t-shirts? Back in grad school a leather clad, chain-smoking German woman on a Ducati tried to join a Frat-boy sport bike club and they turned her down (WTF??).

So, that club was formed on the spot that very evening, in front of the bar. No dues, no officers except for her who was elected President-for-life (that's her Ducati on the shirt). No rules, not even a motorcycle needed, just a t-shirt, sold at cost. Hey, good friends, good times, epic rides and friggin' awesome parties grin

Birdwatcher
I made the mistake of showing my wife your bicycle travelogue and she's had a crush on you even since.

Tell her what I have always told my students, of either gender....

If she finds me attractive not to worry about it, its perfectly natural. It just means she's maturing into a woman.
Posted By: Boise Re: Biker shootout in Waco today - 05/19/15

Going to agree with your post. I don't like it either riding with a bunch of -5 mph riders and their obeying of the turn speeds - doesn't everyone know turn speeds are a suggestion?

Travis
Tell me, what sort of dressing did you have in mind? You do get that much of the clothing is protective. Of course the chick wearing chaps with a thong and a halter top, not so much,
Around the time of their 95 year anniversary you practically had to stand in line to buy one.
Now not so much.
I guess they are a lot like a Colt 1911,
people talk them to be greater than the competition but then spend lots of money to customize them.
Originally Posted by GunGeek
... much of the clothing is protective. Of course the chick wearing chaps with a thong and a halter top, not so much,

Oh, but it IS protective! Her outfit establishes and maintains her social position as a Hot Bitch, with all the rights and priveleges (money and power) attaining thereto. Far be it from me to argue with her. grin

I was on my way to a state pistol match many years ago, driving down I-90 from Madison WI to Lacrosse on a Friday afternoon. I passed a couple on a big geezer glider: the guy was a decent-looking 40ish guy, but the gal behind him was drop-dead gorgeous, dressed in a very tight and very short pair of cutoff jeans and a flimsy bikini top that showed off better than 70% of the surface area of her very large, very firm and very obviously recently augmented titties. They were not wearing any protective clothing/equipment other than their sunglasses.

I passed that couple half a dozen times, hoping to get their attention so I could engage them in a roadside discussion about the wisdom of wearing protective gear... but somehow I just couldn't keep my concentration every time I passed and looked at those delicious ta-ta's...
I guess they are a lot like a Colt 1911,
people talk them to be greater than the competition but then spend lots of money to customize them.
The attraction of the 1911 is because it's so customizable.
Originally Posted by DocRocket
... much of the clothing is protective. Of course the chick wearing chaps with a thong and a halter top, not so much,

Oh, but it IS protective! Her outfit establishes and maintains her social position as a Hot Bitch, with all the rights and priveleges (money and power) attaining thereto. Far be it from me to argue with her. grin

I was on my way to a state pistol match many years ago, driving down I-90 from Madison WI to Lacrosse on a Friday afternoon. I passed a couple on a big geezer glider: the guy was a decent-looking 40ish guy, but the gal behind him was drop-dead gorgeous, dressed in a very tight and very short pair of cutoff jeans and a flimsy bikini top that showed off better than 70% of the surface area of her very large, very firm and very obviously recently augmented titties. They were not wearing any protective clothing/equipment other than their sunglasses.

I passed that couple half a dozen times, hoping to get their attention so I could engage them in a roadside discussion about the wisdom of wearing protective gear... but somehow I just couldn't keep my concentration every time I passed and looked at those delicious ta-ta's...
Truely there are some boobie surgeons worth their salt...not many, but every now and again I see some non OEM bolt on equipment that is truly outstanding; to the point that it's hard to tell it wasn't OEM.
Originally Posted by Boise
I don't like it either riding with a bunch of -5 mph riders and their obeying of the turn speeds - doesn't everyone know turn speeds are a suggestion?
Of course.. But try those same corners at speed in the spring in this part of the country before the sand's washed off. You'll find yerself eatin' weeds and callin' for a wrecker..

To be clear - I don't give a rat's azz what kind of bike anybody owns/rides. I don't care if it's a scooter, Moto-G, BMW, Suzuki, HD, BOSS HOG, whatever.. I've owned/ridden Japanese bikes (Suz, Kaw), English (Triumphs) and now HDs but have no desire to find out how thick the leather needs to be before the pavement scrapes it away to get at the flesh. Maybe that's why I'm now on my 47th year on 2 wheels w/o a laydown or accident. I push it when the conditions allow - but don't when it would be stupid to do so..

Last fall, on the Tail of the Dragon highway there was a group of crotchies parked on a corner urging all others to slow way down. Reason is there was a crotchy rider who apparently thought he could handle them twisties with aplomb. He was wrong. Helicopter took him to the nearest 'stitch-N-sew".

I just want y'all to stay upright and avoid a lotta pain.. Pay attention. It's all I ask..

And good leather is worth ten times it's weight. Armored is even better. Invest. smile smile

FWIW..
[quote=Boise]
And good leather is worth ten times it's weight. Armored is even better. Invest. smile smile

FWIW..

Amen, soft armor is one of the great ideas.
I removed mine from my riding jacket after I quit riding, but sure missed it when I slipped and fell on ice later.
Birdy nailed it pretty well. Go to Bandera or similar on a warm spring day and here they come bogging down the roads - what me and my friends call- "the Dentists". Some are now riding three wheelers. All Harleyed out head to toe from one tourist town to the next in search of something else with a Harley label, any doo-dad the old lady in tow ( with the wicked ankle tattoo) doesn't already have.

I went in to Johnson City at that big restaurant where 281 splits off and there were a number of Bandidos in there. One charming young thing had a tattoo that declared to everyone that she was "Chato's Woman". I thought it was a nice statement of her individuality but stopped short of asking her what college Chato had attended.
This thread just screams for the old adage:

"The trials and tribulations of the inbred"..
Tell me, what sort of dressing did you have in mind? You do get that much of the clothing is protective. Of course the chick wearing chaps with a thong and a halter top, not so much,

I think you should stick with your thong and halter top.

Travis
Originally Posted by kenjs1
Birdy nailed it pretty well. Go to Bandera or similar on a warm spring day and here they come bogging down the roads - what me and my friends call- "the Dentists". Some are now riding three wheelers. All Harleyed out head to toe from one tourist town to the next in search of something else with a Harley label, any doo-dad the old lady in tow ( with the wicked ankle tattoo) doesn't already have.

I went in to Johnson City at that big restaurant where 281 splits off and there were a number of Bandidos in there. One charming young thing had a tattoo that declared to everyone that she was "Chato's Woman". I thought it was a nice statement of her individuality but stopped short of asking her what college Chato had attended.

It really doesn't require any sort of explanation.

Everybody hates packs of motorcyclists. Doesn't matter if it's crotch rockets by the beach or a pack of Harleys around Mt. Rushmore.

Thank God for the Can-Am Spyder too. Now even people that lack the equilibrium required to ride on two wheels can hit the road and annoy the fugg out of everybody.

Travis
Gaybike Trikers are a real blast watching them in their doo rags and all.
Does anybody know WTF the braided leather thing is that Harley guys hang off the end of their handlebars, usually only on one side? It just about hits the ground when the bike is parked.
Posted By: 700LH Re: Biker shootout in Waco today - 05/19/15
Does anybody know WTF the braided leather thing is that Harley guys hang off the end of their handlebars, usually only on one side? It just about hits the ground when the bike is parked.

swerves no purpose cept to look way cool dude.

I think it's for the ones that don't have enough hair for a pony tail.

http://www.ironbraid.com/Get-Back-Whips.html
Posted By: poboy Re: Biker shootout in Waco today - 05/19/15
They are like riding "crops".
Get that the very last m.p.h.s out of your machine.

An old co-worker of mine stopped by our shop to talk awhile back, riding his hog... I pointed at the get back whip and said "WTF are you supposed to DO with that?"
He unsnapped it and showed me how you swing it, the metal snap is the "weapon" Doh, I'm sorta slow (and decidedly non-bad ass) sometimes, never thought of that. Sounds just what I'd want to go up against a car or truck with, especially since the driver is probably packing a gun as well.
wink

Was it Ace Adair?

Ace always carries a hatchet as well.

Travis

Reference lost on me I'm afraid, Oliver. Plus, I only snitch if the cheddar is right.
Most look like regular modern day guys to me.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/19/us/gallery/texas-biker-mugshots/index.html
And good leather is worth ten times it's weight. Armored is even better. Invest.

Leather CAN get a tad rank in traffic when its 100 degrees out, and gets heavy and three sizes larger when riding through outer bands of tropical storms. Aerostitch was my friend, pricey and not all that much cooler, but armored and abrasion resistant.

Here's what I noticed when I did my last cross-country motorcycle ride five years back. Just so happened I was heading out just as the aforementioned Austin bike rally was disbanding, so there was a kazillion Harleys also heading out North on I 35.

My KLR with bags was geared tall enough that it would comfortably cruise at 80, with bags, all day long. Anything above that was pushing the envelope.

Seemed like a point of honor to every pack of bikers, not patch-wearers per-se, just bikers, to pass me. If'n I notched it up to 85 they notched it up to 90. If I pegged it at 90 they would likewise peg theirs at 95+. This of course was all Evo motors and whatever the several more recent Harley V-twin motor incarnations are called. I figure shovelheads are now antiques beyond the ken of most adults today.

It was Texas summer weather; blinding sunlight. What struck me was how much exposed skin all these folks, men and their women on the back, were showing. Vests and bandanas were usual of course, but exposed faces, arms, necks, armpits.

About halfway through my motorcycle decade I noticed that the skin on my arms was aging faster than the rest of me, sun damage from riding so much in t-shirts. From that point on I always wore long sleeves when I had 'em. Likewise, anyone who has ever pulled serious highway mileage on a bike in summer down here will testify as to how hard it is on the skin of your face. So much so that I always would wear a helmet on long trips for that very reason.

These bikers rolling past me were paying the price; faded tattoos on red, sun-damaged skin. Not just in Texas but all across Arkansas and West Tennessee too. Seems like once I got out of the Southland leather jackets were the norm and it weren't as obvious.

I dunno if they wore ear plugs, it ain't the "loud pipes" that hurt, its the wind noise that does your hearing in, straight pipes or stock, helmet or no. Plus ear plugs enormously reduce the fatigue on long trips, making it so much easier to stay alert.

I do know that wrinkles, pre-cancerous lesions and sun spots ain't cool whatever you ride, nor deafness either.

Birdwatcher
Originally Posted by jeffdwhite

An old co-worker of mine stopped by our shop to talk awhile back, riding his hog... I pointed at the get back whip and said "WTF are you supposed to DO with that?"
He unsnapped it and showed me how you swing it, the metal snap is the "weapon" Doh, I'm sorta slow (and decidedly non-bad ass) sometimes, never thought of that. Sounds just what I'd want to go up against a car or truck with, especially since the driver is probably packing a gun as well.
wink

I'd say that would lead to greatly shortened life span.
Posted By: BFD Re: Biker shootout in Waco today - 05/19/15
Originally Posted by SBH

Mighty white
Originally Posted by BFD
Originally Posted by SBH

Mighty white Trash

Fixt.
Originally Posted by SBH

Oh yeah!

This guy could be ya fuggin' milkman.

[Linked Image]

Truely there are some boobie surgeons worth their salt...not many, but every now and again I see some non OEM bolt on equipment that is truly outstanding; to the point that it's hard to tell it wasn't OEM.

I've had my hands on a LOT of boobs (professionally speaking) and I've been surprised at some of the bolt-on's that I wouldn't know were bolt-on's if the gal hadn't told me. Good surgeons!
[quote=GunGeek][quote=DocRocket][quote=GunGeek] ...
I've had my hands on a LOT of boobs (professionally speaking) and I've been surprised at some of the bolt-on's that I wouldn't know were bolt-on's if the gal hadn't told me. Good surgeons!

Pics or it didnt happen!
News is now reporting that the spark that started the fight was some Biker running over a rival gang members foot in the parking lot. Also, P olive have confiscated over 100 Bikes and 50 other vehicles! And now their saying that only about 50 weapons were confiscated instead of the initial report of over 100 guns and knifes.

And I'm betting that most of the Gang Members weren't legal CHL holders. wink
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Originally Posted by SBH

Oh yeah!

[Linked Image]

Been outta the house lately, Bristoe?

Heck, even my Doctor looks like that..........
Originally Posted by SBH

[Linked Image]

Heck, even my Doctor looks like that..

uhhhhhhh,...okay

(?)
My Dr. Is a retired Marine, and he damn sure don't look like that thug!
Originally Posted by SBH
Originally Posted by SBH

Oh yeah!

[Linked Image]

Heck, even my Doctor looks like that..........

Just as long as he ain't yer Proctologist.......
TFF, Birdy!!!
I should search up old pics more often, and with apologies, this thread ain't actually about me.

'Nother pic of that Beemer at my wedding cool My wife and I were the very last ones to leave, on that bike, and rode it to the motel. That gracious lady is my mom, who still works full-time and still skydives at age 82.

[Linked Image]

That gentleman, stricken with Parkinson's in his last years, was my dad. He stepped onto Okinawa as a nineteen year-old private in the 6th Marines, and left it the youngest Staff Sergeant in the 'Corps. Battlefield promotions. A more quiet and gentle guy you'd never meet, and more power to him; he won that lady and she bore his children.

And this is my cousin, who is really my brother, here seen up in NY State during those same years grin I wish I woulda had the foresight to buy his bike when he sold it, heck he prob'ly woulda given it to me. It would have fit my life just perfect about now.

[Linked Image]

Birdwatcher
And good leather is worth ten times it's weight. Armored is even better. Invest.

Leather CAN get a tad rank in traffic when its 100 degrees out, and gets heavy and three sizes larger when riding through outer bands of tropical storms. Aerostitch was my friend, pricey and not all that much cooler, but armored and abrasion resistant.

Here's what I noticed when I did my last cross-country motorcycle ride five years back. Just so happened I was heading out just as the aforementioned Austin bike rally was disbanding, so there was a kazillion Harleys also heading out North on I 35.

My KLR with bags was geared tall enough that it would comfortably cruise at 80, with bags, all day long. Anything above that was pushing the envelope.

Seemed like a point of honor to every pack of bikers, not patch-wearers per-se, just bikers, to pass me. If'n I notched it up to 85 they notched it up to 90. If I pegged it at 90 they would likewise peg theirs at 95+. This of course was all Evo motors and whatever the several more recent Harley V-twin motor incarnations are called. I figure shovelheads are now antiques beyond the ken of most adults today.

It was Texas summer weather; blinding sunlight. What struck me was how much exposed skin all these folks, men and their women on the back, were showing. Vests and bandanas were usual of course, but exposed faces, arms, necks, armpits.

About halfway through my motorcycle decade I noticed that the skin on my arms was aging faster than the rest of me, sun damage from riding so much in t-shirts. From that point on I always wore long sleeves when I had 'em. Likewise, anyone who has ever pulled serious highway mileage on a bike in summer down here will testify as to how hard it is on the skin of your face. So much so that I always would wear a helmet on long trips for that very reason.

These bikers rolling past me were paying the price; faded tattoos on red, sun-damaged skin. Not just in Texas but all across Arkansas and West Tennessee too. Seems like once I got out of the Southland leather jackets were the norm and it weren't as obvious.

I dunno if they wore ear plugs, it ain't the "loud pipes" that hurt, its the wind noise that does your hearing in, straight pipes or stock, helmet or no. Plus ear plugs enormously reduce the fatigue on long trips, making it so much easier to stay alert.

I do know that wrinkles, pre-cancerous lesions and sun spots ain't cool whatever you ride, nor deafness either.

Birdwatcher

Hey Birdie, I've read enough of your posts over 28 pages to see that you're just a Harley hater and nothing's gonna change that.

I'm proud of the heritage of my Harley. Oh, yeah. BTW, it's called a Heritage.. Springer that is, to be exact.

Further Heritage is my Dad bought his first one after he came back from the Big One. It was a '46, Robins Egg Blue. Still have a picture of it. My bike is a direct throwback to that one and I've enjoyed every mile I've ever put on it and appreciate it for what it is, an AMERICAN legend, the bike and the company.

My Pop never would ride mine, never once, even after the countless times I tossed him the keys. Why?? Not because he didn't want to. Naah. That wasn't it. It was because of gettin' shot up and blown up by the Nazzzies to the point he didn't have confidence in the strength he had left in his right side to keep the bike up on 2 wheels.

When he remarried after our Mom passed, he did ask me to take his wife for a ride on a few occasions, which I did, and he was forever grateful.

My Dad, my brother, my uncles, cousins, and I have all ridden a LOT of motorcycles, and a lot of them were NOT Harley Davidson's. Kawi's, Suzukis, Hondas, Yami's, dirt and street. Pop even bought a couple boxes of parts somebody claimed had a motorcycle inside and turned it back into a running Zundapp. Look up the word. You might learn something about motorcycles and history, for that matter.

I don't have any tattoo's, don't ride with gangs, and have enough sense not to ride with a bunch of other people I don't know. And, my brother and I (only ones left besides our cousins 1500 miles away) don't go hanging around a bunch of wannabe's shielding kingpin drug dealers.

Brother doesn't even own a Harley right now. He's too busy building fusion Jap bikes, American hot rods and trucks, and making money doing it.

My bike's an EVO, doesn't leak oil, and the best part of Wille G. was still runnin' down his Momma's leg when Pop bought his first one when he got back from Germany in late '45.

And here's another Oh By the Way for ya. Why the ph uck would some azzhole try to steal my 18 yr old bike and risk his life the other night if it was such a POS.

Stop the hatin' on Harley schit, dude. I drive a Chevy. Next truck might be a Toyota TRD. So get over your bullschit. Sorry about ya gettin' beat up at the truckstop that time.

Zundapp, German military bike I think.
I had one for a while, got it cheap and used it for a dirt bike.
Stop the hatin' on Harley schit, dude. I drive a Chevy.

Congrats on owning a beautiful bike, and kudos to your parents cool

Puzzled here, I'd be interested anywhere where I said I hated on Harleys.

How is simply describing people's attire, sun damage, and riding habits "hating"?

I greatly admired the shovelheads, and the salt-of-the-earth folks who rode 'em. When I bought that Beemer, which was gonna be my last bike, it was supposed to be the bike that I could keep forever and rebuild ad nauseum. Nearest thing I could get to a true classic that wouldn't be gone every time I left it outside.

IMHO Harleys went downhill after they started building 'em for looks over function, like the hidden shock on the Softail for example, and I forget which models had the fake oil tank after the oil tank was moved to the transmission. Got worse when they did things like take away the service hatch on the tranny of the Sporster, and switched the main bearings on whatever Evo incarnation it was so if they tanked, you also had to replace the cases. Disposable bikes, lasted forever of course but disposable bikes nontheless.

It ain't me saying this, it was whoever the guy was who wrote that excellent wrenching column in American Iron magazine some years back.

As for the rest, what religion is it where one can't gleefully point out Korean HOG leathers, Chinese HD Boots, and Third World sweat shop lingerie? In fact try and find ANY "Official HD" accessories in the Harley shop that were made in the US. I've even had kids do it for projects.

For alternatives I'd suggest Schott Brothers leathers (New York) and Redwing boots (Minnesota). Being how freely and indiscriminantly (and expensively to the consumer) its thrown around, I'd suggest anything without the HD logo is a plus.

If you yourself do in fact ride around in slow-moving packs with your buddies, tying up traffic and getting in folks' way, then how do you defend that?

And my cousin's old Shovelhead Sporty? cool Ya, more than any other I wish that I had that bike. I wouldn't plan on riding it to NY at 1,000 miles a day, nor flog it at 80 down the innerstate, but I'd keep it forever and rebuild it as needed cool

JMHO,

Birdwatcher
...and if ya ain't already, try wearing earplugs every time you ride, the cheapo foam ones work just fine.

You'll be be amazed at how they reduce fatigue, I only wish I would have known that for the first 100,000 miles.....
Posted By: 700LH Re: Biker shootout in Waco today - 05/19/15
Interesting reading this thread how a few biker guys scare the hell out of society.
Some are outright criminals no doubt but a bunch of em are just free loving guys that don't bow to so called society's whims.
So it's ok to violate their rights and or just kill em..
OH protect me for such vermin...
Laffin...
I do believe I've noticed the same thing.

Yeah, just kill em.

Simple people love simple solutions.

crazy
Last one I heard arrested around here was of course a convicted felon with 3-4 loaded pistols stashed all over his garage, house truck, inside the mig welder, etc.

All of his Vagos colors, patches, flags all over the house.

I'm not saying shoot unarmed dirtbags, but if they come looking for trouble to harass the PD for this incident they shouldn't have to look too far to find it!

I look at them like pit bulldogs, not to be trusted or to take your eye off of them.

Mike
Originally Posted by Tracks
Zundapp, German military bike I think.
I had one for a while, got it cheap and used it for a dirt bike.

Dad and his buds in the tank put one they caught up with on its kickstand and tried to fry it up while they were cutting armor off a blown out German hulk of whatever to weld onto their Sherman.

Pop told me they got pizzed because they couldn't fry it on the kickstand with the time they had with the throttle pinned. Probably why he bought that bucket of bolts.
What do I know. I wasn't there.
My Great Granddad was a biker, long before outlaw biker gangs existed.

Somewhere back around WWI.

[Linked Image]
I think there's a lot of confusion about the biker types.

Lot's of people out there doing the "lifestyle" thing,..and some of them look a little bit rough,..but they're just guys.

Then there's those who go out of their way to establish themselves as a "1%'er".

I've been around them just enough to know that they're not particularly enjoyable to be around.

A bunch of us guys used to attend the flat track races at Louisville Downs every year. It would always attract a crowd of Hell's Angels.

I'll just put it this way.

If a bunch of them turn out at an event, they want to *be* the event.

I ain't got much use for them.

Reference lost on me I'm afraid, Oliver. Plus, I only snitch if the cheddar is right.

Is "cheddar" Japanese for Yen?

Thanks.

Travis

Oh yeah!

[Linked Image]

Too fuggin' funny...

Travis
Hey! I was talking to a young man from Kenosha today and he mentioned the sand. Where the heck does that come from? I've been up that way, Milwaukee, but I don't recall sandy soil.
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine

[Linked Image]

Montana, that is some incredible stuff there, sir. Museum quality.
Posted By: HawkI Re: Biker shootout in Waco today - 05/19/15
Cool pic.

Back on topic:
[Linked Image]
These days,..this is my definition of a biker.

http://lostwithmike.weebly.com/ruckus-blog

[Linked Image]

Now that is a cool pic!
Cool pic.

Back on topic:
[Linked Image]

Loved it when Clint's mom put those bikers on the run with the pump shotgun...
Originally Posted by SBH

Oh yeah!

[Linked Image]

mebbe in a Mad Max movie! grin

Sycamore
Cool pic.

Back on topic:
[Linked Image]

Is "cheddar" Japanese for Yen?

Thanks.

Travis

Yes, John E. Not for nothing, but if it's all the same to you, I like being questioned by your bad cop persona better. The whole sugary 'I'll hit him with the international bruvahood' shtick is hurting my heart.

[Linked Image]

That sir, is badassed!
These days,..this is my definition of a biker.

http://lostwithmike.weebly.com/ruckus-blog

That guy writes well, but I believe this biker couple has ever'body beat, THE most travelled motorcycle ever....

http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/forwood/bike2.shtml

[Linked Image]

I dunno how they picked that thing back up, but obviously, they must have, several times over.

Birdwatcher
http://www.kens5.com/story/news/201...shoot-out-is-retired-detective/27628405/

SAPD: Suspect in Waco shoot-out is retired detective
10:11 p.m. CDT May 19, 2015
635676738493142271-sapd

(Photo: McClennan County)
CONNECT 35 TWEETLINKEDINCOMMENTEMAILMORE

A suspect in the Waco biker shoot-out is a retired San Antonio Police Department detective, according to the department.

In a statement released Tuesday night, SAPD spokesperson Javier Salazar said Martin Lewis previously served with the department.

Lewis served 32 years before he retired in February 2004 and no further information was available.

Lewis is one of 170 people booked on charges connected to the shoot-out in the parking lot of a Twin Peaks restaurant in Waco.
Maybe he only became an outlaw biker after he retired grin

But seriously, the plot thickens, how was THAT guy a dumb enough criminal to get caught up in this?
and he is black. haven't heard of many black 1%ers
Originally Posted by local_dirt

Hey Birdie, I've read enough of your posts over 28 pages to see that you're just a Harley hater............

.....and envious as well.. The old "sour grapes" theory..

The key is, apart from a good Plastic Man, is the material he has to work with. generally speaking, "reeling in" or working with chicks with ample racks makes them look more like OEM vice a smallish woman with natural A-C cups that now wants to be a DD, or even play in the majors where the field starts at F & G cups...
Posted By: BFD Re: Biker shootout in Waco today - 05/20/15
Maybe he only became an outlaw biker after he retired grin

But seriously, the plot thickens, how was THAT guy a dumb enough criminal to get caught up in this?

The word in some places is that the cops got their own biker gang thing going and are protecting turf too.

The Evo gave 'em a bike that fired up every time you turned the key and which never needed wrenching, and Willie G. sold 'em the pre-packaged image, and the outfits to go with it.

Willie G is a made to order corporate icon and a drunk out on the road.

I've ridden with him and he's a dickhead.
Momma always said you gotta watch out who you hang around. If you dress like a gang member, and hang out with gang members, in Texas...you are considered a gang member.

_______

Wife of biker inmate: Some arrested in Texas are innocent

WACO, TEXAS — Bullets ricocheted around the parking lot of Twin Peaks, the Waco restaurant where a motorcycle gang shootout left nine dead, just minutes after Theron Rhoten pulled in on his vintage Harley chopper for a regional motorcycle club meeting, according to Rhoten's wife.

Katie Rhoten told The Associated Press that her husband ran for cover and was later arrested, along with antique motorcycle enthusiast friends and other "nonviolent, noncriminal people." Authorities swept up around 170 bikers who had descended on the restaurant for what one club member described as a gathering to discuss laws protecting motorcycle riders.

"He's good to his family," she said. "He doesn't drink; he doesn't do drugs; he doesn't party. He's just got a passion for motorcycles."

McLennan County Sheriff Parnell McNamara and Waco police Sgt. W. Patrick Swanton declined to comment Tuesday on allegations that innocent bikers were arrested. Police have said the gathering of five biker groups was to resolve a dispute over turf.

Katie Rhoten said her husband, a mechanic from Austin, called her from jail and said that he and two other members of Vise Grip Club ducked and ran for cover as the violence that left 18 people injured raged around them.

Police said the melee started with a parking dispute and someone running over a gang member's foot, and that an uninvited biker group also appeared. Preliminary autopsy results indicated that all of the dead were shot, some in the head, neck or chest. Police have not said how many, or if any, were shot by officers at the scene.

It's not clear how long the bikers will remain in custody. They have all been charged with engaging in organized crime. They are each being held on $1 million bonds.

"Unless they try to make some other arrangement to move them through it more quickly, it could be weeks and possibly months" before the jailed bikers have bond-reduction hearings, said William Smith, an attorney who has met with several of the inmates.

It's also unclear whether the McLennan County district attorney will require outside help to prosecute all those arrested Sunday.

The eight members of Theron Rhoten's group, the Vise Grip Club, specialize in building and riding vintage and antique motorcycles, particularly pre-1970 Harley Davidson big twin choppers, according to spokesman Brian Buscemi.

Buscemi disputed the police claim that the meeting was to resolve a turf war, saying groups had planned to discuss laws protecting motorcycle riders at the meeting, which he said has been going on bimonthly for 18 years.

"Yes, there was a problem at this scene, and it was absolutely horrific, but there just also happened to be a significant amount of people there who had nothing to do with it," Buscemi told the AP.

Jimmy Graves, who described himself as an ambassador for the gang known as the Bandidos, said his group had no intention of engaging in a scuffle.

But he acknowledged that differences with other groups, such as the Cossacks, have been "simmering and brewing."

The U.S. Justice Department said in a report on outlaw motorcycle gangs that the Bandidos "constitute a growing criminal threat." The report said the group is involved in transporting and distributing cocaine and marijuana and in the production and distribution of methamphetamine.

Another biker named Johnny Snyder also said he was at the restaurant for a scheduled meeting to talk about legislative issues.

Snyder, a long-haul trucker, declined to describe what he saw inside the restaurant, saying he was only concerned with "not getting shot."

He is vice president of the Boozefighters Motorcycle Club in Waco, a group that Snyder says does charity events and family gatherings and is not a criminal gang.

That's right, Pat.

I suspect the few weekend warriors will skate in this deal.

As the saying goes: "You might be the rap, but you won't beat the ride."

It'll be an expensive ride, too. wink
My mental picture here is the Inspector in "Casablanca" ordering his men to "Round up the usual suspects".

Hey Birdie, I've read enough of your posts over 28 pages to see that you're just a Harley hater............

That is some funny [bleep] right there!
Nice twist from the left...
_____

White-On-White Crime Strikes Again In Waco

Following a spate of white-on-white violence over the weekend in Waco, Texas, that claimed nine lives and resulted in scores of casualties and over 190 arrests, there has been a marked lack of interest in talking about where the event fits into the epidemic of such white criminal behavior in the U.S. -- despite the fact that every year, more white people are murdered by white people than by any other group.

In recent years, a national pattern has begun to emerge in the wake of shootings in which a black man is killed by a white man. Of course the death is a tragedy, goes the narrative, but the dead man probably provoked the killing somehow -- and more importantly, if you truly care about young black men, why aren't you more concerned about black-on-black violence?

The same pattern doesn't hold even when white-on-white crime unfolds in full view of the nation, as it did in the parking lot of the Twin Peaks Restaurant on Sunday.

Yet white-on-white crime should be a huge concern -- because it’s out of control. Granted, there are 201 thugs off the streets for the time being, but what about the rest of them?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/05/18/waco-texas-biker-gang_n_7307050.html
Posted By: RWE Re: Biker shootout in Waco today - 05/20/15
They are being critical because the white on white crime isn't getting enough air time?

I am going to re-read that piece of bullshit one more time for its view on black-on-black crime.

Thanks a lot, Pat.

Nothing, I repeat nothing, could have been as ironically douchbaggery as that little cut.

You sure you didn't get it from the Onion?
The so called, innocents are whining like the greenie that wants to hang out with grizzlies.

They act surprised as they're being eaten.

Somehow the concept of "envy" and not having a Harley escapes me...
Might be lots of Harley's for sale in the classifieds of local papers...along with leather riding outfits after the wives have their say about Hubby's weekend hobby now... wink
A couple weeks of sodomy may cause some to reconsider their "passion."

Travis
I just figured that any of our members that like to play dress-up and listen to Steppenwolf might prioritize their situational awareness.

..and so we trot out more cliches.... you'd have a much better case if'n you could point out a single thing I said that ain't 100% true.

It does occur to me that I might possibly have a longer history around HD's than most here. Hey, fer twelve years my motorcycle was all I owned, rode 'em 24/7, kept 'em in my otherwise furniture-less apartment, slept on the ground next to 'em, slept ON 'em, 365 days a year. Met women through 'em, courted my wife on 'em.

And on your part, its a serious measure of your lack of perspective IMHO that you would consider the ISLE OF MAN TT of all things, prob'ly the closest thing to a sacred event in all of motorcycling, to be about "crotch rockets"...

Sturgis, big as it is, ain't even in the ballpark, or more accurately is a smaller and different ballpark.

Actually, instead of June 2016, I'd much rather go to Man in August/September, the classic races; now THAT would rock cool

Birdwatcher

Non-conformists is a joke!

Can't be riding a Goldwing even though that is ten times the bike, IMHO. Can't wear a brown leather coat with fringes like easy rider, cause that is??? Must have a chain to hold billfold. Must have no mufflers on the Harley cause??? Can't have windjammers. Can't wear helmets. Tattoos are a must. Beer guts are critical. Ole ladies must show their tits - even if they are in their 70's and weigh over 250 pounds. Beer drinking is important. Being drunk after the sun sets is mandatory.

I've had a motorcycle license for 50 years BTW, but don't want to be part of their crowd..
Posted By: JOG Re: Biker shootout in Waco today - 05/20/15
Sturgis, big as it is, ain't even in the ballpark, or more accurately is a smaller and different ballpark.

Actually, instead of June 2016, I'd much rather go to Man in August/September, the classic races; now THAT would rock cool

Here's the deal: Instead of living on motorcycles for a decade, riding one across the USA and doing the same with a bicycle, you're supposed to trailer up a Harley and hitch it to your plush F350, drive it to within a few miles of Sturgis and then hop on the motorcycle for the hero ride through town. All done in size XXXL Korean leathers.

You're doing it wrong
I just figured that any of our members that like to play dress-up and listen to Steppenwolf might prioritize their situational awareness.

A good friend told me long ago....

...if you hang out with dogs you're likely to get fleas.

This appears to be the case for a good many of those currently sitting in jail under a million dollar bond.
Here's the deal: Instead of living on motorcycles for a decade, riding one across the USA and doing the same with a bicycle, you're supposed to trailer up a Harley and hitch it to your plush F350, drive it to within a few miles of Sturgis and then hop on the motorcycle for the hero ride through town. All done in size XXXL Korean leathers.

JOG! cool

To be fair, there's some at Sturgis who likewise live and breath motorcycles, and get there on two wheels every year.

...and I cannot easily recall all the cross-country trips I took....

I will say this; there are few finer things in life than a good motorcycle sitting in your driveway early in the morning loaded with camping gear and bedroll, with a whole Continent laying before you cool

I will say this; there are few finer things in life than a good motorcycle sitting in your driveway early in the morning loaded with camping gear and bedroll, with a whole Continent laying before you cool

cool
The internet says that all those innocent dead bikers were killed by the police. Since it's on the internet, it must be true.

http://theconservativetreehouse.com...th-initial-public-claims-by-same-police/

I heard they all had their hands up, begging "don't shoot".
Posted By: add Re: Biker shootout in Waco today - 05/20/15
Imo, biker gangs are nothing but a bunch of "jazzed-up hoodlums".

Momma always said you gotta watch out who you hang around. If you dress like a gang member, and hang out with gang members, in Texas...you are considered a gang member.

_______

Wife of biker inmate: Some arrested in Texas are innocent

...Katie Rhoten said her husband, a mechanic from Austin, called her from jail and said that he and two other members of Vise Grip Club ducked and ran for cover as the violence that left 18 people injured raged around them...

...Another biker named Johnny Snyder also said he was at the restaurant for a scheduled meeting to talk about legislative issues.

Snyder, a long-haul trucker, declined to describe what he saw inside the restaurant, saying he was only concerned with "not getting shot."

He is vice president of the Boozefighters Motorcycle Club in Waco, a group that Snyder says does charity events and family gatherings and is not a criminal gang...

It's interesting to see how the image of motorcycle clubs has been distorted by entertainment and news media since their heyday in the post-WWII years. And it's even more interesting to see how "legitimate" motorcycle clubs & their members have bought into the outlaw image, rather than taking back the high ground for themselves.

If you go to the H-D Museum in Milwaukee you'll be surprised at the rich history of motorcycle clubbing that existed in the 40's, 50's and even 60's that had NOTHING in common with the image of criminal motoroycle gangs. Many club outfits looked more like bowling league uniforms than anything else. Riding in a club, attending events such as hill climbs, gymkhanas, etc, was popular and common.

But this wholesome tradition was overtaken by the image promulgated by movies like The Wild One. Books like Hunter S. Thompson's Hell's Angels: The Strange and Terrible Saga of the Outlaw Motorcycle Gangs, which came out at the same time as Easy Rider failed to make much of an impression on the media consciousness, and somehow the malignant, violent, and thoroughly criminal outlaw biker counterculture became "hip" and "cool"...

Before Sonny Barger and his ilk took the Hell's Angels "mainstream", what we now consider the "biker look" was the antithesis of what most bikers wore. But somehow now EVERYone who rides seems to think they need to wear "colors", big embroidered crests on the back of jean jackets with the sleeves cut off, and scorn helmets and protective leather gear in order to declare their bikerness.

i wonder if the guys hating on mike would just up and ride a bicycle 2000 miles. not many here can hold a candle to Mike.
Nice twist from the left...
_____

White-On-White Crime Strikes Again In Waco

Following a spate of white-on-white violence over the weekend in Waco, Texas, that claimed nine lives and resulted in scores of casualties and over 190 arrests, there has been a marked lack of interest in talking about where the event fits into the epidemic of such white criminal behavior in the U.S. -- despite the fact that every year, more white people are murdered by white people than by any other group.

In recent years, a national pattern has begun to emerge in the wake of shootings in which a black man is killed by a white man. Of course the death is a tragedy, goes the narrative, but the dead man probably provoked the killing somehow -- and more importantly, if you truly care about young black men, why aren't you more concerned about black-on-black violence?

The same pattern doesn't hold even when white-on-white crime unfolds in full view of the nation, as it did in the parking lot of the Twin Peaks Restaurant on Sunday.

Yet white-on-white crime should be a huge concern -- because it’s out of control. Granted, there are 201 thugs off the streets for the time being, but what about the rest of them?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/05/18/waco-texas-biker-gang_n_7307050.html
about a third of them were mescans, probably the bandidos, they run about half and half. even a one brother in the mix.

i wonder if the guys hating on mike would just up and ride a bicycle 2000 miles. not many here can hold a candle to Mike.

Yeah, Mike walks the walk. Good guy.
Posted By: poboy Re: Biker shootout in Waco today - 05/20/15
Yep.

It's interesting to see how the image of motorcycle clubs has been distorted by entertainment and news media since their heyday in the post-WWII years. And it's even more interesting to see how "legitimate" motorcycle clubs & their members have bought into the outlaw image, rather than taking back the high ground for themselves.

If you go to the H-D Museum in Milwaukee you'll be surprised at the rich history of motorcycle clubbing that existed in the 40's, 50's and even 60's that had NOTHING in common with the image of criminal motoroycle gangs. Many club outfits looked more like bowling league uniforms than anything else. Riding in a club, attending events such as hill climbs, gymkhanas, etc, was popular and common.

But this wholesome tradition was overtaken by the image promulgated by movies like The Wild One. Books like Hunter S. Thompson's Hell's Angels: The Strange and Terrible Saga of the Outlaw Motorcycle Gangs, which came out at the same time as Easy Rider failed to make much of an impression on the media consciousness, and somehow the malignant, violent, and thoroughly criminal outlaw biker counterculture became "hip" and "cool"...

Before Sonny Barger and his ilk took the Hell's Angels "mainstream", what we now consider the "biker look" was the antithesis of what most bikers wore. But somehow now EVERYone who rides seems to think they need to wear "colors", big embroidered crests on the back of jean jackets with the sleeves cut off, and scorn helmets and protective leather gear in order to declare their bikerness.

Then you have the sport bike riders who all dress like Power Rangers.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Some people like to go too fast and others like to brag about oil on the living room carpet.
and some just like to coast through life and enjoy it amigo wink
i've meet some of mikes former students, those kids after graduating make it a point to keep in touch with him. i'm going to take him and some of them fishing this summer. i could only wish that my children had a teacher like him.
The Birdman is definitely high on my list of Fire folk I'd like to have a beer with.
Mike is the mild mannered most interesting guy in the world.
Posted By: EdM Re: Biker shootout in Waco today - 05/20/15
I met Mike at the dove hunt a few years ago. I brought my son Tony along. As the sun set and the stairs burst out my son commented on them. Mike overheard and grabbed him and gave him a lesson in astronomy. It was simply wonderful. Tony well remembers it. Now that I am home for good I need to line up a lunch with Mike. We're just waiting for school to let.
and some just like to coast through life and enjoy it amigo wink

Right, and for the most part, they don't GAF about what anybody else thinks.
Posted By: poboy Re: Biker shootout in Waco today - 05/20/15
Now the news repeatedly saying during the clean-up they are finding 1000 weapons stashed. You know, when you get a bag of chips with free brass knuckles or boot knife or a nifty .380 inside. Toilet tanks full of weapons. Planter boxes, etc.
Mike is the mild mannered most interesting guy in the world.

^^^This^^^

And he's welcome at my Campfire anytime!
Now the news repeatedly saying during the clean-up they are finding 1000 weapons stashed. You know, when you get a bag of chips with free brass knuckles or boot knife or a nifty .380 inside. Toilet tanks full of weapons. Planter boxes, etc.

Bet it was like an Easter Egg hunt at the Twin Peaks and it's parking lot, finding weapons in every possible nook and cranny after LEO got everything shut down after the shoot. wink

Stay safe over there in Austin, Poboy!
All were incredible bada$$es.

http://news.yahoo.com/wife-biker-inmate-arrested-texas-innocent-072105757.html
Posted By: 700LH Re: Biker shootout in Waco today - 05/20/15
This will probably turn out to be a witch hunt
Originally Posted by SBH
Great Video, Tells like it is...
Originally Posted by EdM
As the sun set and the stairs burst out my son commented on them. Mike overheard and grabbed him and gave him a lesson in astronomy.

He did about the same with me one fair evening a few years back. He also took the time to dash in to wake me up from my coma in Gordon's tent when a few fish actually started biting, and if it weren't for him and his thoughtfulness, I'd not have gotten a chance to hook the few fish that I did. Mike's good people.
you got to catch a chit shad
That guys beard = for the win...
without going thru the 37 pages of this thread, don't know if anyone posted this, but one of the bikers behind bars now, is a retired San Antonio TX vice Cop, with 32 years of service...

http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/20/us/texas-biker-gang-shooting-san-antonio-police-martin-lewis/

pretty ridiculous ain't it...
you got to catch a chit shad

I KNEW you were gonna' bring that up! lol
Dunno what to say, dang guys, thanks for the vote of confidence cool

I would like to add that I live in a run-down house on the West Side and have been mistaken for a homeless guy, including by the guys on a garbage truck AND by actual homeless people, on at least five separate occasions.

On the topic of former students, getting to teach the smart kids as I do I have indeed seen some remarkable people come through my classroom. One of 'em was a drop-dead gorgeous young woman from the West Side (scion of a single mom yet) who recently got a no-schidt engineering degree from no less than MIT.

One of them people who you wouldn't believe existed but they do.

So how does this relate to this thread?

Pursuant to a conversation we had when she was like sixteen or something, when she came back to visit last year......

....she told me she was gonna buy me a Harley grin

Birdwatcher
Originally Posted by Seafire
without going thru the 37 pages of this thread, don't know if anyone posted this, but one of the bikers behind bars now, is a retired San Antonio TX vice Cop, with 32 years of service...

http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/20/us/texas-biker-gang-shooting-san-antonio-police-martin-lewis/

pretty ridiculous ain't it...

Thanks for the link.

When I heard this guy had been arrested I figured maybe has was in some sort of not-actually-criminal custom Harley club or something who was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

But nope, I'm pretty sure the red and gold color scheme on colors indicates Bandido affiliation. Here in San Antonio I see a number of clubs around, including a sportbike group and even what looked like a high-school/college age group with red and gold colors.

Without knowing the details I took it as a given that they were sorta like minor-league farm team affiliates of the Bandidos, who are a significant presence here.

So yeah, it appears a 62 year-old Black guy with a bi-colored beard who spent decades on the SAPD Vice Squad is in fact an active member of the Bandidos, or at least an active affiliate.

The world gets stranger and stranger ennit?

Birdwatcher

It's not all unusual for narcs to develop a FTW attitude. It is very unusual for them to make 32 years, but then again, he's black. It's almost impossible to terminate their employment.
and you know he was helping bandidos under the table.
Very likely. We had one just like that, but we were able to fire him for stealing gas. He's sitting in Huntsville on a Agg Assualt conviction now.
LOL! Oldest son sent me a text last night. One of the boys incarcerated from the Brazos valley area is one of the daughter in laws former hi school students! Being she's an algebra and trig teacher I dunno how this member of the Brown University brain trust fared in HS! Most likely one of her more stellar students!
Next time you're at Twin Peaks Waco, check between the seat cushions.... grin

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/waco-biker-war-ak-47-among-hundreds-weapons-found-scene-n362331

Waco police Sgt. Patrick Swanton said Wednesday that the Twin Peaks restaurant, where at least five biker gangs threw down Sunday in an apocalyptic battle, was littered with hundreds of weapons — having found 318 "and still counting."

The breakdown as of Wednesday evening:

1 AK-47 assault-style rifle
118 handguns
157 knives
43 other weapons, primarily clubs, brass knuckles and chains with padlocks to be used as bludgeons
Various body armor
"We do expect the numbers to continue to rise," Swanton said.

The weapons appeared to have been discarded or hidden in haste throughout the restaurant when officers arrived Sunday, Swanton said. Some were found in sacks of potato chips or stuffed between bags of flour and into bench seats, hidden in shelves, thrown into trash cans, placed in the kitchen stoves and simply left on the floor, he said.

It appeared that there was at least one attempt to flush a handgun down a toilet.

IMO, if you seriously think you can flush your handgun down a toilet, you should probably re-consider your choice in armament.

That is all.
Posted By: BFD Re: Biker shootout in Waco today - 05/21/15
Originally Posted by JTPinTX
IMO, if you seriously think you can flush your handgun down a toilet, you should probably re-consider your choice in armament membership in the human race (or any other remotely intelligent species).

IMO, if you seriously think you can flush your handgun down a toilet, you should probably re-consider your choice in armament.

That is all.

Not unless it was a POS to begin with! laugh
And the lawsuits begin.

http://news.yahoo.com/restaurant-scene-deadly-texas-gang-fight-sued-neighbor-231118894.html

That is all.

Not unless it was a POS to begin with! laugh

Must have been a Jennings, a Hi- Point, or an RG wink
And the proverbial retired cop and school bus driver as a bad guy......

http://www.ksat.com/content/pns/ksa...ed-in-waco-biker-shootout-was-nisd-.html
It's not all unusual for narcs to develop a FTW attitude. It is very unusual for them to make 32 years,

Not when the cream is irresistibly good. Cabin cruisers, weekends at Vegas, baby mamas, S class Benzes don't pay for themselves, after all... wink

Back on the biker theme, I offer this. Hire the Angels to run security at a Stones show? What could possibly go wrong?

Update and new video.

106 People Indicted in Waco Biker Brawl That Killed Nine

A Texas grand jury returned indictments Tuesday against 106 of the 177 people who were arrested after a shootout between cops and members of two motorcycle clubs left nine people dead at a Waco restaurant in May.

The McLennan County grand jury returned true bills accusing the 106 suspects of engaging in organized criminal activity, with the underlying offenses being murder and aggravated assault, District Attorney Abel Reyna said Tuesday night in Waco.

Charges against the 71 other suspects weren't presented Tuesday but will be "at a later time," Reyna said.

"We're not done," Reyna said. "We still have a lot of work to do."

Nine bikers were killed and more than 20 other people were injured in the shootout May 17 at the Twin Peaks sports bar in Waco. Nearly all of the suspects are free on bond.

More than 430 weapons were recovered from the scene, including 151 firearms, according to a police incident report. Police said in June that three officers fired 12 shots, but they haven't said whether the bullets hit anybody.
Posted By: RWE Re: Biker shootout in Waco today - 11/11/15
I know 177 people were arrested, but what was the estimated total attendance?

Just noting 430 weapons over how many people?
But, but.... I thought it was an ambush by police, and the police did all the shooting... ?
Originally Posted by RWE
I know 177 people were arrested, but what was the estimated total attendance?

Just noting 430 weapons over how many people?

I don't remember exactly, but it was well over 200. Many more were arrested later on organized crime charges after they all started snitching.
Posted By: RWE Re: Biker shootout in Waco today - 11/11/15
well, 200 makes 2.2 weapons per person.

I don't feel paranoid now.
Originally Posted by RWE

Hell, I don't blame them for carrying... I wouldn't hang out in that crowd without 2.2 weapons on my person either... grin
Originally Posted by RWE

Hell, I don't blame them for carrying... I wouldn't hang out in that crowd without 2.2 weapons on my person either... grin
laugh laugh
Originally Posted by jnyork

Police: 9 dead in Texas shooting involving rival biker gangs

AP Photo
AP Photo/Rod Aydelotte

Buy AP Photo Reprints

WACO, Texas (AP) -- A shooting involving rival biker gangs at a Central Texas restaurant has left nine people dead and some others injured.

Waco police Sgt. W. Patrick Swanton says eight people died at the scene of the shooting at Twin Peaks restaurant about noon Sunday and another person died at a hospital.

Swanton says the fight began with punches and then escalated to knives and firearms. It's not immediately clear if bystanders are among the dead.

The severity of injuries to others was not immediately known.

He says police were aware that gang members were gathering at the restaurant and officers were present when shots began.

Some of the officers fired on bikers as the shooting spilled from the restaurant into a busy parking lot. Patrons and bystanders dove for cover.

© 2015 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Learn more about our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

Maybe they were just filming another episode of Sons of Anarchy
_____

FBI and DEA arrest top Bandidos Motorcycle Club leaders in San Antonio, Houston

The U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration and the FBI said the gang’s national vice president, John Xavier Portillo, and its national sergeant at arms, Justin Cole Forster, were taken into custody in San Antonio.

The group’s president, Jeffrey Fay Pike of Conroe, was taken to federal court in Houston. All are named in a nine-count indictment obtained by the San Antonio Express-News.

The indictment does not directly link the trio to a deadly brawl at a restaurant last May in Waco involving the Bandidos and a rival group, the Cossacks, but the period of the conspiracy listed in the indictment is May 2015 through August 2015.

However, as previously reported last year by the Express-News, the FBI joined an investigation started 23 months ago the DEA and the Texas Department of Public Safety.

Agents raided at least one location in San Antonio on Wednesday: the Southeast San Antonio home of Portillo. A carved sign near the front door said “Bandidos Forever.” Agents carted evidence out of the home.
fuggen scumbags
© 24hourcampfire