Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 14 of 20 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 19 20
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DocRocket
Originally Posted by GunGeek
... much of the clothing is protective. Of course the chick wearing chaps with a thong and a halter top, not so much,

Oh, but it IS protective! Her outfit establishes and maintains her social position as a Hot Bitch, with all the rights and priveleges (money and power) attaining thereto. Far be it from me to argue with her. grin

I was on my way to a state pistol match many years ago, driving down I-90 from Madison WI to Lacrosse on a Friday afternoon. I passed a couple on a big geezer glider: the guy was a decent-looking 40ish guy, but the gal behind him was drop-dead gorgeous, dressed in a very tight and very short pair of cutoff jeans and a flimsy bikini top that showed off better than 70% of the surface area of her very large, very firm and very obviously recently augmented titties. They were not wearing any protective clothing/equipment other than their sunglasses.

I passed that couple half a dozen times, hoping to get their attention so I could engage them in a roadside discussion about the wisdom of wearing protective gear... but somehow I just couldn't keep my concentration every time I passed and looked at those delicious ta-ta's...
Truely there are some boobie surgeons worth their salt...not many, but every now and again I see some non OEM bolt on equipment that is truly outstanding; to the point that it's hard to tell it wasn't OEM.

GB1

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Boise
I don't like it either riding with a bunch of -5 mph riders and their obeying of the turn speeds - doesn't everyone know turn speeds are a suggestion?
Of course.. But try those same corners at speed in the spring in this part of the country before the sand's washed off. You'll find yerself eatin' weeds and callin' for a wrecker..

To be clear - I don't give a rat's azz what kind of bike anybody owns/rides. I don't care if it's a scooter, Moto-G, BMW, Suzuki, HD, BOSS HOG, whatever.. I've owned/ridden Japanese bikes (Suz, Kaw), English (Triumphs) and now HDs but have no desire to find out how thick the leather needs to be before the pavement scrapes it away to get at the flesh. Maybe that's why I'm now on my 47th year on 2 wheels w/o a laydown or accident. I push it when the conditions allow - but don't when it would be stupid to do so..

Last fall, on the Tail of the Dragon highway there was a group of crotchies parked on a corner urging all others to slow way down. Reason is there was a crotchy rider who apparently thought he could handle them twisties with aplomb. He was wrong. Helicopter took him to the nearest 'stitch-N-sew".

I just want y'all to stay upright and avoid a lotta pain.. Pay attention. It's all I ask..

And good leather is worth ten times it's weight. Armored is even better. Invest. smile smile

FWIW..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Redneck
[quote=Boise]
And good leather is worth ten times it's weight. Armored is even better. Invest. smile smile

FWIW..

Amen, soft armor is one of the great ideas.
I removed mine from my riding jacket after I quit riding, but sure missed it when I slipped and fell on ice later.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Birdy nailed it pretty well. Go to Bandera or similar on a warm spring day and here they come bogging down the roads - what me and my friends call- "the Dentists". Some are now riding three wheelers. All Harleyed out head to toe from one tourist town to the next in search of something else with a Harley label, any doo-dad the old lady in tow ( with the wicked ankle tattoo) doesn't already have.

I went in to Johnson City at that big restaurant where 281 splits off and there were a number of Bandidos in there. One charming young thing had a tattoo that declared to everyone that she was "Chato's Woman". I thought it was a nice statement of her individuality but stopped short of asking her what college Chato had attended.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
This thread just screams for the old adage:

"The trials and tribulations of the inbred"..

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by GunGeek
Tell me, what sort of dressing did you have in mind? You do get that much of the clothing is protective. Of course the chick wearing chaps with a thong and a halter top, not so much,

I think you should stick with your thong and halter top.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by kenjs1
Birdy nailed it pretty well. Go to Bandera or similar on a warm spring day and here they come bogging down the roads - what me and my friends call- "the Dentists". Some are now riding three wheelers. All Harleyed out head to toe from one tourist town to the next in search of something else with a Harley label, any doo-dad the old lady in tow ( with the wicked ankle tattoo) doesn't already have.

I went in to Johnson City at that big restaurant where 281 splits off and there were a number of Bandidos in there. One charming young thing had a tattoo that declared to everyone that she was "Chato's Woman". I thought it was a nice statement of her individuality but stopped short of asking her what college Chato had attended.

It really doesn't require any sort of explanation.

Everybody hates packs of motorcyclists. Doesn't matter if it's crotch rockets by the beach or a pack of Harleys around Mt. Rushmore.

Thank God for the Can-Am Spyder too. Now even people that lack the equilibrium required to ride on two wheels can hit the road and annoy the fugg out of everybody.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Gaybike Trikers are a real blast watching them in their doo rags and all.

I'd rather die in a BAD gunfight than a GOOD nursing home.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Does anybody know WTF the braided leather thing is that Harley guys hang off the end of their handlebars, usually only on one side? It just about hits the ground when the bike is parked.

There is no way to coexist no matter how many bumper stickers there are on Subaru bumpers!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Hawk_Driver
Does anybody know WTF the braided leather thing is that Harley guys hang off the end of their handlebars, usually only on one side? It just about hits the ground when the bike is parked.

swerves no purpose cept to look way cool dude.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I think it's for the ones that don't have enough hair for a pony tail.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

http://www.ironbraid.com/Get-Back-Whips.html

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
They are like riding "crops".
Get that the very last m.p.h.s out of your machine.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J

An old co-worker of mine stopped by our shop to talk awhile back, riding his hog... I pointed at the get back whip and said "WTF are you supposed to DO with that?"
He unsnapped it and showed me how you swing it, the metal snap is the "weapon" Doh, I'm sorta slow (and decidedly non-bad ass) sometimes, never thought of that. Sounds just what I'd want to go up against a car or truck with, especially since the driver is probably packing a gun as well.
wink

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by deflave

Was it Ace Adair?

Ace always carries a hatchet as well.

Travis

Reference lost on me I'm afraid, Oliver. Plus, I only snitch if the cheddar is right.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

Confucius say: He who angers you.......controls you.

My Lifestance is one of Secular Humanism.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
And good leather is worth ten times it's weight. Armored is even better. Invest.

Leather CAN get a tad rank in traffic when its 100 degrees out, and gets heavy and three sizes larger when riding through outer bands of tropical storms. Aerostitch was my friend, pricey and not all that much cooler, but armored and abrasion resistant.

Here's what I noticed when I did my last cross-country motorcycle ride five years back. Just so happened I was heading out just as the aforementioned Austin bike rally was disbanding, so there was a kazillion Harleys also heading out North on I 35.

My KLR with bags was geared tall enough that it would comfortably cruise at 80, with bags, all day long. Anything above that was pushing the envelope.

Seemed like a point of honor to every pack of bikers, not patch-wearers per-se, just bikers, to pass me. If'n I notched it up to 85 they notched it up to 90. If I pegged it at 90 they would likewise peg theirs at 95+. This of course was all Evo motors and whatever the several more recent Harley V-twin motor incarnations are called. I figure shovelheads are now antiques beyond the ken of most adults today.

It was Texas summer weather; blinding sunlight. What struck me was how much exposed skin all these folks, men and their women on the back, were showing. Vests and bandanas were usual of course, but exposed faces, arms, necks, armpits.

About halfway through my motorcycle decade I noticed that the skin on my arms was aging faster than the rest of me, sun damage from riding so much in t-shirts. From that point on I always wore long sleeves when I had 'em. Likewise, anyone who has ever pulled serious highway mileage on a bike in summer down here will testify as to how hard it is on the skin of your face. So much so that I always would wear a helmet on long trips for that very reason.

These bikers rolling past me were paying the price; faded tattoos on red, sun-damaged skin. Not just in Texas but all across Arkansas and West Tennessee too. Seems like once I got out of the Southland leather jackets were the norm and it weren't as obvious.

I dunno if they wore ear plugs, it ain't the "loud pipes" that hurt, its the wind noise that does your hearing in, straight pipes or stock, helmet or no. Plus ear plugs enormously reduce the fatigue on long trips, making it so much easier to stay alert.

I do know that wrinkles, pre-cancerous lesions and sun spots ain't cool whatever you ride, nor deafness either.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jeffdwhite

An old co-worker of mine stopped by our shop to talk awhile back, riding his hog... I pointed at the get back whip and said "WTF are you supposed to DO with that?"
He unsnapped it and showed me how you swing it, the metal snap is the "weapon" Doh, I'm sorta slow (and decidedly non-bad ass) sometimes, never thought of that. Sounds just what I'd want to go up against a car or truck with, especially since the driver is probably packing a gun as well.
wink

I'd say that would lead to greatly shortened life span.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
B
BFD Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by SBH

Mighty white

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by BFD
Originally Posted by SBH

Mighty white Trash

Fixt.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Page 14 of 20 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 19 20

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

470 members (280Ackleyrized, 222Sako, 1beaver_shooter, 2500HD, 3040Krag, 49 invisible), 1,685 guests, and 1,227 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,047
Posts18,521,183
Members74,023
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.