Hop To
Page 18 of 20 1 2 16 17 18 19 20
A
add Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Imo, biker gangs are nothing but a bunch of "jazzed-up hoodlums".

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
GB1

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Momma always said you gotta watch out who you hang around. If you dress like a gang member, and hang out with gang members, in Texas...you are considered a gang member.

_______

Wife of biker inmate: Some arrested in Texas are innocent

...Katie Rhoten said her husband, a mechanic from Austin, called her from jail and said that he and two other members of Vise Grip Club ducked and ran for cover as the violence that left 18 people injured raged around them...

...Another biker named Johnny Snyder also said he was at the restaurant for a scheduled meeting to talk about legislative issues.

Snyder, a long-haul trucker, declined to describe what he saw inside the restaurant, saying he was only concerned with "not getting shot."

He is vice president of the Boozefighters Motorcycle Club in Waco, a group that Snyder says does charity events and family gatherings and is not a criminal gang...

It's interesting to see how the image of motorcycle clubs has been distorted by entertainment and news media since their heyday in the post-WWII years. And it's even more interesting to see how "legitimate" motorcycle clubs & their members have bought into the outlaw image, rather than taking back the high ground for themselves.

If you go to the H-D Museum in Milwaukee you'll be surprised at the rich history of motorcycle clubbing that existed in the 40's, 50's and even 60's that had NOTHING in common with the image of criminal motoroycle gangs. Many club outfits looked more like bowling league uniforms than anything else. Riding in a club, attending events such as hill climbs, gymkhanas, etc, was popular and common.

But this wholesome tradition was overtaken by the image promulgated by movies like The Wild One. Books like Hunter S. Thompson's Hell's Angels: The Strange and Terrible Saga of the Outlaw Motorcycle Gangs, which came out at the same time as Easy Rider failed to make much of an impression on the media consciousness, and somehow the malignant, violent, and thoroughly criminal outlaw biker counterculture became "hip" and "cool"...

Before Sonny Barger and his ilk took the Hell's Angels "mainstream", what we now consider the "biker look" was the antithesis of what most bikers wore. But somehow now EVERYone who rides seems to think they need to wear "colors", big embroidered crests on the back of jean jackets with the sleeves cut off, and scorn helmets and protective leather gear in order to declare their bikerness.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by jeffdwhite
Originally Posted by Redneck
Originally Posted by local_dirt

Hey Birdie, I've read enough of your posts over 28 pages to see that you're just a Harley hater............

.....and envious as well.. The old "sour grapes" theory..

That is some funny [bleep] right there!
i wonder if the guys hating on mike would just up and ride a bicycle 2000 miles. not many here can hold a candle to Mike.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Nice twist from the left...
_____

White-On-White Crime Strikes Again In Waco

Following a spate of white-on-white violence over the weekend in Waco, Texas, that claimed nine lives and resulted in scores of casualties and over 190 arrests, there has been a marked lack of interest in talking about where the event fits into the epidemic of such white criminal behavior in the U.S. -- despite the fact that every year, more white people are murdered by white people than by any other group.

In recent years, a national pattern has begun to emerge in the wake of shootings in which a black man is killed by a white man. Of course the death is a tragedy, goes the narrative, but the dead man probably provoked the killing somehow -- and more importantly, if you truly care about young black men, why aren't you more concerned about black-on-black violence?

The same pattern doesn't hold even when white-on-white crime unfolds in full view of the nation, as it did in the parking lot of the Twin Peaks Restaurant on Sunday.

Yet white-on-white crime should be a huge concern -- because it’s out of control. Granted, there are 201 thugs off the streets for the time being, but what about the rest of them?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/05/18/waco-texas-biker-gang_n_7307050.html
about a third of them were mescans, probably the bandidos, they run about half and half. even a one brother in the mix.

Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Originally Posted by jeffdwhite
Originally Posted by Redneck
Originally Posted by local_dirt

Hey Birdie, I've read enough of your posts over 28 pages to see that you're just a Harley hater............

.....and envious as well.. The old "sour grapes" theory..

That is some funny [bleep] right there!
i wonder if the guys hating on mike would just up and ride a bicycle 2000 miles. not many here can hold a candle to Mike.

Yeah, Mike walks the walk. Good guy.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Yep.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DocRocket

It's interesting to see how the image of motorcycle clubs has been distorted by entertainment and news media since their heyday in the post-WWII years. And it's even more interesting to see how "legitimate" motorcycle clubs & their members have bought into the outlaw image, rather than taking back the high ground for themselves.

If you go to the H-D Museum in Milwaukee you'll be surprised at the rich history of motorcycle clubbing that existed in the 40's, 50's and even 60's that had NOTHING in common with the image of criminal motoroycle gangs. Many club outfits looked more like bowling league uniforms than anything else. Riding in a club, attending events such as hill climbs, gymkhanas, etc, was popular and common.

But this wholesome tradition was overtaken by the image promulgated by movies like The Wild One. Books like Hunter S. Thompson's Hell's Angels: The Strange and Terrible Saga of the Outlaw Motorcycle Gangs, which came out at the same time as Easy Rider failed to make much of an impression on the media consciousness, and somehow the malignant, violent, and thoroughly criminal outlaw biker counterculture became "hip" and "cool"...

Before Sonny Barger and his ilk took the Hell's Angels "mainstream", what we now consider the "biker look" was the antithesis of what most bikers wore. But somehow now EVERYone who rides seems to think they need to wear "colors", big embroidered crests on the back of jean jackets with the sleeves cut off, and scorn helmets and protective leather gear in order to declare their bikerness.

Then you have the sport bike riders who all dress like Power Rangers.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Some people like to go too fast and others like to brag about oil on the living room carpet.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
and some just like to coast through life and enjoy it amigo wink

Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
i've meet some of mikes former students, those kids after graduating make it a point to keep in touch with him. i'm going to take him and some of them fishing this summer. i could only wish that my children had a teacher like him.

Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The Birdman is definitely high on my list of Fire folk I'd like to have a beer with.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Mike is the mild mannered most interesting guy in the world.

Old 300
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I met Mike at the dove hunt a few years ago. I brought my son Tony along. As the sun set and the stairs burst out my son commented on them. Mike overheard and grabbed him and gave him a lesson in astronomy. It was simply wonderful. Tony well remembers it. Now that I am home for good I need to line up a lunch with Mike. We're just waiting for school to let.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
and some just like to coast through life and enjoy it amigo wink

Right, and for the most part, they don't GAF about what anybody else thinks.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Now the news repeatedly saying during the clean-up they are finding 1000 weapons stashed. You know, when you get a bag of chips with free brass knuckles or boot knife or a nifty .380 inside. Toilet tanks full of weapons. Planter boxes, etc.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Mike is the mild mannered most interesting guy in the world.

^^^This^^^

And he's welcome at my Campfire anytime!

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by poboy
Now the news repeatedly saying during the clean-up they are finding 1000 weapons stashed. You know, when you get a bag of chips with free brass knuckles or boot knife or a nifty .380 inside. Toilet tanks full of weapons. Planter boxes, etc.

Bet it was like an Easter Egg hunt at the Twin Peaks and it's parking lot, finding weapons in every possible nook and cranny after LEO got everything shut down after the shoot. wink

Stay safe over there in Austin, Poboy!

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

Confucius say: He who angers you.......controls you.

My Lifestance is one of Secular Humanism.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This will probably turn out to be a witch hunt

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by SBH
Great Video, Tells like it is...

Page 18 of 20 1 2 16 17 18 19 20

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

501 members (10gaugemag, 270cowboy, 21, 2500HD, 1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 60 invisible), 2,428 guests, and 1,252 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,812
Posts18,536,710
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.