Print Thread
Hop To
Page 13 of 20 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 19 20
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Anyone can sit in a stand and shoot a deer over a bait station. How many of you feel comfortable tossing around an 800 pound motorcycle?

...and one more again grin....

How many of you feel comfortable being stuck behind a whole crew of portly, middle-aged guys in their Korean HOG leathers, Chinese "Official Harley Davidson" boots and Dominican Republican "Official Harley Davidson" skull and crossbones bandannas, ALL of whom are "tossing around" their 800 pound motorcycles at a distinctly sedate rate of speed down a twisty backroad, ruining the experience for the rest of us piled up behind them on actual functioning motorcycles?

What if pretty much EVERY decent backroad where you lived was that way anymore?
LMAO.. That - comin' 'from a crotch-rocket snob... Hilarious.. Keep in mind, there, Birdy, that soon you'll be exactly what you so sneeringly describe above. I'll bet you won't be so snide then.

Why don't you figure out a way to get into the Isle of Man TT race when you can take yer crotchy screamin' into them corners like you obviously drool over? At least then you'll not put the rest of society in peril with your idiotic antics on two wheels.

Worst bikers in the world are the crotchies around here who pass on blind corners, double-yellows and over a sharp rise in the LH lane where anyone comin' over the hill will find fresh meat on their windshields and a crotchy in their grill. Those are the fools that give us ALL a bad name. Take a dive doin' stupid things like that and ya get exactly what ya deserve..

Sorry - but that's the way it is... YMMV.

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
One hundred seventy outlaw bikers and associates locked up on organized crime and capital murder charges in a single incident, bail set at a million dollars each.

This has got to be a huge coup for Texas Law Enforcement.

It could cripple or kill the organizations.

Can you imagine the plea deals for those that are willing to squeal on the ones they associate and have criminal activities with that weren't even there?

Indictments forthcoming. smile

You don't think Obama's Department of Justice would consider prosecuting a bunch of white trash, do you? IMO, this is going to turn into one of the biggest OC cases of all time, unless it is tied to some major Democrats pronto.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Don't forget to come to the ROT - Republic Of Texas Bike Rally in mid-June. Usually 50,000 bikes in Austin for a week or so.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
The story now has it that the fight started over a parking space.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by kamo_gari
Originally Posted by deflave
I went into a biker bar at about 11am one morning.

A guy I knew in another lifetime out of Hollywood FL used to run with some HAs in NYC in the late 70s. One story he related to me had him at a clubhouse in the Bronx on a sofa with a HA on one side and a DD or something on the other. Back then NYC was in most ways a LOT more dangerous than what some realize. Even the HAs were concerned enough about getting their scooters ripped off parked on the street and as such would store them in the apartment, one that was on the second and third floor of a building. Anyway, at some point an argument/dispute broke out between these two cats seated on either side of Tom, and him, not wanting to be part of any fisticuffs, went to stand. Before he knew what was happening, the HA had pulled a hatchet, swung it across Tom's face and buried it in the other guy's chest. Tom was made to help haul the guy's body in a carpet and dump it in a dumpster a few blocks away, and had his DL taken from him, ostensibly as insurance; he 'helped' dispose of the body and as such was also party to the killing, and these dudes taking his ID told him that there'd be no ambiguity as to his identity. He moved out of NYC to Boston within the next couple of days. Good times.

Was it Ace Adair?

Ace always carries a hatchet as well.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
This morning I heard an argument over a state of Texas patch was involved. A lot of the pictures on TV were of Hispanics, did not see any blacks.

Big news is that the anti-gun bunch are saying this situation would only have been worse under "open carry", and shows the kind of old west lawlessness that open carry advocates obviously yearn for. Gov. Abbott said since it happened in the absence of open carry, he did not see how open carry could be considered a cause, or lack of open carry a solution, - so he still intends to sign the open carry law as soon as it reaches his desk.

Now how come Hillary doesn't have to release her emails until after the election?

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by poboy
Don't forget to come to the ROT - Republic Of Texas Bike Rally in mid-June. Usually 50,000 bikes in Austin for a week or so.

Yeah Mike. Always a pleasure out here east of Austin. Same a MS 150 bike ride. I'll just stay hold up here on the Canta Forda. Hopefully avoiding the noise and traffic.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Defending/glorifying the "outlaw" lifestyle is cool until your 14y/o daughter is rufied, has the brotherhood pull a train on her, addicts her to heroin and peddles her ass in truckstops all over Minnysoda.

When she comes home diseased and brain dead remember your motto

Live Free, Ride Hard....retards

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
LMAO.. That - comin' 'from a crotch-rocket snob... Hilarious.. Keep in mind, there, Birdy, that soon you'll be exactly what you so sneeringly describe above. I'll bet you won't be so snide then.

??

Crotch rockets??? grin Out of that 250,000 miles and ten years (age 27 to 37) in my motorcycle period, only around 40,000 miles and a year and a half was on a 750 Ninja, and that only because my roommate sold it to me on really good terms. It was one of the more boring bikes I owned; sure it would pull power wheelies in every gear and absolutely lunge when you cracked open the throttle at 100.

But what REALLY counted was having a woman on the back, and it sucked at that.

Just because a bike handles well at 80+ and will pull 100 don't make it a crotch rocket. Twenty-one years back I finally bought my perfect bike; the last of the Beemer airheads, the R100 g/s Paris/Dakar (Harleys were out of the question on account of the theft rate). OMG, that was gonna be THE classic bike I kept forever (this ain't mine, mine was green).

[Linked Image]

Forrest Gump was right about that whole box of chocolates thing. Turns out the R100 g/s P/D was the worst bike BMW ever built, EVERYTHING went wrong on that bike, so unreliable it would scarcely go around the block, and at the time it was still my major transportation.

So, dug the ol' KLR 650 out of storage, tho' once again it has sat mostly unused in the garage since the last time I rode it to NY State (1,000 miles a day, Yo cool) Here I is in NY in 2010, when my nephew was fortunately still at an age where getting picked up at school on even an 18 year old KLR was a big deal grin Courted my wife on that bike when it was new and everything...

[Linked Image]

A 650 KLR one-up has useful acceleration to 80 mph (tops out ~95 with no headwind if yer patient), this is good because there are few interesting corners that can be taken at speeds exceeding that. I found that having to hit every shift, line and braking point just right to run with the fast boys on a lightweight, underpowered bike was tremendous fun cool

I've tried it in the Hill Country a few times since then. But nope, nowadays EVERY decent road on EVERY weekend is clogged with rafts of slow-moving Harleys or Harley lookalikes. Sucks frown

Doesn't help either that most folks riding 'em are as humorless and thin-skinned as yerself.

Anyways, I might have escaped the fat-guy-on-a-bike deal. See, I always thought that everybody should own a Harley at least once in their lives, but last year at age 57 I did that whole 2,000 mile Texas - NY thing on Taiwanese iron, my coolest trip ever.....

[Linked Image]

...just might have ruint me on that whole motorcycle thing fer life...... crazy

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I blame the Evo motor and Willie G....

The Evo gave 'em a bike that fired up every time you turned the key and which never needed wrenching, and Willie G. sold 'em the pre-packaged image, and the outfits to go with it.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
IC B3

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I blame the Evo motor and Willie G....

The Evo gave 'em a bike that fired up most every time you turned the key and which never needed less wrenching, and Willie G. sold 'em the pre-packaged image, and the outfits to go with it.

A fairly accurate assumption as to how things stand now with the hoard of modern "bikers" I would say.

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Anyways, I might have escaped the fat-guy-on-a-bike deal. See, I always thought that everybody should own a Harley at least once in their lives, but last year at age 57 I did that whole 2,000 mile Texas - NY thing on Taiwanese iron, my coolest trip ever.....

I made the mistake of showing my wife your bicycle travelogue and she's had a crush on you even since. Every month or two she asks me how you're doing. I'm going to tell her you got fat and traded the bicycle for a Harley to putter around on.

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Holy smoke! Looking fer pics of the ol' Beemer I came across my wedding pic, all taken in front of that very bike grin (We tied the knot outside by the Medina River, some kid actually caught a fish at my wedding, best one I've been to if'n I do say so myself)...

[Linked Image]

Anyways, THATS how much I was about bikes back then cool

And the club t-shirts? Back in grad school a leather clad, chain-smoking German woman on a Ducati tried to join a Frat-boy sport bike club and they turned her down (WTF??).

So, that club was formed on the spot that very evening, in front of the bar. No dues, no officers except for her who was elected President-for-life (that's her Ducati on the shirt). No rules, not even a motorcycle needed, just a t-shirt, sold at cost. Hey, good friends, good times, epic rides and friggin' awesome parties grin

Birdwatcher

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I made the mistake of showing my wife your bicycle travelogue and she's had a crush on you even since.

Tell her what I have always told my students, of either gender....

If she finds me attractive not to worry about it, its perfectly natural. It just means she's maturing into a woman.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Anyone can sit in a stand and shoot a deer over a bait station. How many of you feel comfortable tossing around an 800 pound motorcycle?

...and one more again grin....

How many of you feel comfortable being stuck behind a whole crew of portly, middle-aged guys in their Korean HOG leathers, Chinese "Official Harley Davidson" boots and Dominican Republican "Official Harley Davidson" skull and crossbones bandannas, ALL of whom are "tossing around" their 800 pound motorcycles at a distinctly sedate rate of speed down a twisty backroad, ruining the experience for the rest of us piled up behind them on actual functioning motorcycles?

What if pretty much EVERY decent backroad where you lived was that way anymore?

Going to agree with your post. I don't like it either riding with a bunch of -5 mph riders and their obeying of the turn speeds - doesn't everyone know turn speeds are a suggestion?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
OMG's aside... I don't understand why more people can't simply appreciate a motorcycle for being a motorcycle and drive down the fugging road by themselves and dress like somebody that has a job.

Travis
Tell me, what sort of dressing did you have in mind? You do get that much of the clothing is protective. Of course the chick wearing chaps with a thong and a halter top, not so much,

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Around the time of their 95 year anniversary you practically had to stand in line to buy one.
Now not so much.

I like to do my hunting BEFORE I pull the trigger!
There is only one kind of dead, but there are many different kinds of wounded.
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I guess they are a lot like a Colt 1911,
people talk them to be greater than the competition but then spend lots of money to customize them.

I like to do my hunting BEFORE I pull the trigger!
There is only one kind of dead, but there are many different kinds of wounded.
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by GunGeek
... much of the clothing is protective. Of course the chick wearing chaps with a thong and a halter top, not so much,

Oh, but it IS protective! Her outfit establishes and maintains her social position as a Hot Bitch, with all the rights and priveleges (money and power) attaining thereto. Far be it from me to argue with her. grin

I was on my way to a state pistol match many years ago, driving down I-90 from Madison WI to Lacrosse on a Friday afternoon. I passed a couple on a big geezer glider: the guy was a decent-looking 40ish guy, but the gal behind him was drop-dead gorgeous, dressed in a very tight and very short pair of cutoff jeans and a flimsy bikini top that showed off better than 70% of the surface area of her very large, very firm and very obviously recently augmented titties. They were not wearing any protective clothing/equipment other than their sunglasses.

I passed that couple half a dozen times, hoping to get their attention so I could engage them in a roadside discussion about the wisdom of wearing protective gear... but somehow I just couldn't keep my concentration every time I passed and looked at those delicious ta-ta's...

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by whelennut
I guess they are a lot like a Colt 1911,
people talk them to be greater than the competition but then spend lots of money to customize them.
The attraction of the 1911 is because it's so customizable.

Page 13 of 20 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 19 20

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

500 members (1badf350, 06hunter59, 1moredeer, 12344mag, 160user, 21, 49 invisible), 12,127 guests, and 1,308 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,831
Posts18,537,077
Members74,047
Most Online13,246

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.