Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 62 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 61 62
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by safariman

$3995 with scope, ammo, brass, including shipping.

How much ammo and brass?
Load for the ammo?

Got dies?

GB1

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Mark, i'll make you the best offer you're gonna get on this rifle.

350 bucks. I say thats the best offer, but it's likely your only offer

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Yhgtbfkm

$3995 with scope, ammo, brass, including shipping.

How much ammo and brass?
Load for the ammo?

Got dies?

Nice user name. Fitting, too. wink

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
What name would you pick after tossing your taxes at the last minute?

And what's a guy gotta do to get an answer to a [bleep] question on a gun around here?

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
...what's a guy gotta do to get an answer to a [bleep] question on a gun around here?

He has to at least read the F'g thread, first.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
And what's a guy gotta do to get an answer to a [bleep] question on a gun around here?

Normally I'd say the exact opposite of ^^^^^, but this is far from a normal ad. Rock on, if you're so inclined.

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Mark, i'll make you the best offer you're gonna get on this rifle.

350 bucks. I say thats the best offer, but it's likely your only offer
Dang you John,I was gonna offer $25.00 for it. smirk

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hemiallen
Mark

I suggest you take a few steps back and post everything you know, and have posted on here, in one new add/ posting. You can not deny there is a lot of confusion mentioned in this add, and most seems pretty spot-on, unless you have 2 mashburns. Anyone even remotely interested in buying this gun deserve to have these issues cleared up, if you really want to sell it.

Good luck Mark, I hope you take my post not as a knock, but as a individual seeing a very confusing situation deserving being up-front about. And if you truly do not remember, this may not be a good " money-making" gun to sell to help your finances, as right now it isn't going to sell here.

There is enough evidence that I have read to say your add SEEMS to be in error? Clear this up, and you might find a buyer.

Allen

Good idea there. And I was told via PM where I might find the builders name or signature so I will look for that.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Today:

Originally Posted by hemiallen
Mark

I suggest you take a few steps back and post everything you know, and have posted on here, in one new add/ posting. You can not deny there is a lot of confusion mentioned in this add, and most seems pretty spot-on, unless you have 2 mashburns. Anyone even remotely interested in buying this gun deserve to have these issues cleared up, if you really want to sell it.

Good luck Mark, I hope you take my post not as a knock, but as a individual seeing a very confusing situation deserving being up-front about. And if you truly do not remember, this may not be a good " money-making" gun to sell to help your finances, as right now it isn't going to sell here.

There is enough evidence that I have read to say your add SEEMS to be in error? Clear this up, and you might find a buyer.

Allen

Good idea there. And I was told via PM where I might find the builders name or signature so I will look for that.

The past:

I hate to take the rifle apart but know it much come apart for the barrel to come off and for normal cleaning etc someday anyway so will separate the stock and action later today and look for makers marks or other signs of who made this thing. I do, of course, have good guns specific hollow ground screwdrivers etc but I am afraid of big 'ol stupid hand slipping. smile Got to get over that, I know. <G>

BobinNH,

OK, I can't STAND it any longer I am taking the plunge! Removing the stock and barreled action from one another to look for markings! Pears requested.... smile

OK! I found a marking! First off the whole rifle has been glass bedded form stem to stern. Tang tip to forend tip so was a little tight and stiff getting apart.

The mark on the bottom of the barrel looks like a flaming capitol D or maybe a backwards E and a D together, sharing the same straigth line that makes the main straight part of both letters. Is this any kind of help or clue to anyone here? I sure do appreciate eveyones kind words and interest in this piece.

MARK

I hope that you do repost and clear up the massive amount of confusion on this rifle. You have posted many things in the past on man different threads that do not align with your current rendition.

Additionally, (though I didn't quote them) when you were showing off your new (to you) rifle, you were more than happy to oblige requests for more pics of the rifle (from numerous angles) and even of the cheekpiece for one member. Yet, when asked for current pics on this thread, you say they are not needed and the rifle is portrayed accurately, while acknowledging the rifle was in the care of a different owner for a couple years and has been hunted and dinged after your pictures were taken. Can't forget about you statement that the rifle will never look as pretty due to you hunting it hard on the Rokon...

Thus, I would recommend (as I suggested early on) that you post some current pictures of the rifle and clear up this mess that your own words have created.

Good luck with your sale and I hope you and your cousin are healing up.

L
L
I have a rusty nickel I will trade you straight up for the scope... might even throw in a penny I put on train tracks so its nice and flat.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The problem is that Mark can't remember which lie he told most recently, and he convinces himself that his lies are truth.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Everything revolving around his classified ads, descriptions, recollections, etc. are Uber FUBAR...

Obviously for some, YMMV. However, I'd personally recommend avoidance as all his items and especially his claims and intentions are "suspect" at best.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Just in case anyone missed this:

http://www.cbs.state.or.us/ins/admin_actions/actions_2011/producer_2011/10-02-005-p.pdf

The evidence has demonstrated that Mr. Claiborne
committed multiple violations of insurance laws in connection with the sale of annuities. Most
significantly, despite his knowledge of the requirement that he attempt to ascertain whether the
sale of an annuity was not unsuitable, Mr. Claiborne, on at least three occasions, recommended
the sale of annuities to elderly individuals without a meaningful assessment of their economic
circumstances. With regard to Ms. Holmes, Mr. Claiborne recommended the sale of an annuity
Page 28 of 30 Amended Proposed Order, Claiborne, Case No. INS 10-02-005
that resulted in an immediate loss of more than $2,000 and the potential for future lost interest
payments. With regard to the Woods, Mr. Claiborne recommended the sale of an annuity despite
having almost no information regarding the Woods‟s savings and investments. When Bankers
Life questioned the suitability of the investment, Mr. Claiborne altered a form which Mr. Wood
had previously signed as being accurate. When confronted about changes to the document, Mr.
Claiborne gave conflicting and increasingly self-serving answers.
With regard to the Holloway transaction, Mr. Claiborne recommended the sale of an
annuity that he knew would be funded primarily through the surrender of a variable annuity and
actively assisted Mr. Holloway in discussions with Prudential to secure the necessary forms
needed to complete the transaction. Mr. Claiborne made this recommendation despite the fact he
had never read the policy nor understood its unique and advantageous features for Mr. Holloway.
Despite his knowledge, Mr. Claiborne falsely indicated on Mr. Holloway‟s application that he
was not replacing an existing annuity, and did not plan on doing so. Mr. Claiborne offered no
reasonable explanation for his conduct, but falsely asserted that he was not aware of Mr.
Holloway‟s decision to surrender the Prudential annuity.
The evidence also established that Mr. Claiborne made false statements, as well as an
untimely response to the Division, including statements under oath, in an attempt to shield
himself from liability for his conduct. His statements to investigators were often self-serving,
contradictory, and contrary to all other available evidence. Given those false statements, the
Division can have no assurance that Mr. Claiborne will fully cooperate with any future
investigations that might arise. Mr. Claiborne has thus demonstrated a willingness to deceive
other insurance companies, the Division, and most importantly, the consumers, to serve his own
interests. Because the Division cannot rely on Mr. Claiborne to tell the truth, its ability to
effectively regulate his conduct to protect consumers in the future will be severely restricted.
Given the evidence in this matter, the ALJ concluded that the appropriate sanction is
revocation. ORS 744.074(1) allows the Division to revoke Mr. Claiborne‟s license. The
Division takes seriously its responsibility to protect the public from unscrupulous licensees. Mr.
Claiborne‟s license has already been suspended once for similar misconduct. (Ex. A1.) Given
his prior discipline and level of misconduct at issue here, the Division finds that the only
appropriate sanction is the revocation2
of Mr. Claiborne‟s license.

"The trouble ain't that there is too many fools, but that lightening ain't distributed right." - Mark Twain
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
No no, he just never renewed his license.... Said that himself

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Jcubed
I hope that you do repost and clear up the massive amount of confusion on this rifle. You have posted many things in the past on man different threads that do not align with your current rendition.

There's absolutely no confusion here. It's just another SM classified ad that is very intentionally misrepresenting a rifle in the hope that some poor schmuck comes along and buys it before the truth comes to light.

Mark simply needs to stop shilling his wares on this forum. Reposting the rifle will just create another train wreck in mere minutes.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by TexasPhotog
Just in case anyone missed this:

http://www.cbs.state.or.us/ins/admin_actions/actions_2011/producer_2011/10-02-005-p.pdf

The evidence also established that Mr. Claiborne made false statements, as well as an untimely response to the Division, including statements under oath, in an attempt to shield himself from liability for his conduct. His statements to investigators were often self-serving, contradictory, and contrary to all other available evidence. Given those false statements, the Division can have no assurance that Mr. Claiborne will fully cooperate with any future investigations that might arise. Mr. Claiborne has thus demonstrated a willingness to deceive other insurance companies, the Division, and most importantly, the consumers, to serve his own interests. Because the Division cannot rely on Mr. Claiborne to tell the truth, its ability to effectively regulate his conduct to protect consumers in the future will be severely restricted.

That bit is about the best summation of "safariman" Mark Claiborne going. He will willfully deceive, lie, cheat, and swindle in order to meet his own selfish ends and even when caught will concoct any manner of increasingly self-serving tales in order to avoid facing and admitting the truth. In short, he cannot tell the truth, he is untrustworthy, unscrupulous, and anyone that willfully deals with him is in severe jeopardy of getting screwed.

Those are simply facts, and to date he's not even tried to refute them. Why is simply because he knows that there are enough people that KNOW firsthand about him and his actions that any refutation will end up blowing up on him.

So, he runs and hides and tries to pull another scam whenever he thinks things have cooled off enough, or whenever he thinks he can play the "oh, I'm sick" card again.

It's gotten old, and it's just not working any more, and I suspect the folks who do know plenty about Mark have had just about enough and are about to drop some hammers on him if he keeps this schit up.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Z
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Z
I don't understand why anyone would waste their time with this OP but I do appreciate the entertainment.

Don't mess with me, I'm too old to fight, too fat to run, so I going to have to kill you.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Have Dog

Will Travel

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I wonder if the kidney operation actually happened?

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
I wonder if the kidney operation actually happened?

Pffffffffffttttttt.

Clark

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Page 5 of 62 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 61 62

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

553 members (10Glocks, 1badf350, 1minute, 219 Wasp, 222Sako, 007FJ, 57 invisible), 2,339 guests, and 1,214 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,033
Posts18,500,592
Members73,987
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.