Hop To
Page 10 of 16 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 15 16
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
Originally Posted by RobJordan
So, I been thinkin’. I re-read the thread about the Mashburn in the classifieds. I admit it. I laughed. Some of you guys have killer wit. grin And I think I’ve read all of the threads about Mr. Claiborne’s alleged character flaws over the past year or two at least. Laughed at those too. Vividly recall the one about the Uberlanche. 'Nother side splitter, I admit.

That said, we’ve had our laughs. Is it not time to to call it good and be done with it? I think so. Don't mean to preach, but I think its just gone too far. First, it was way, way over the top to bring his wife into the discussion. Yes, he posted the glamour shot of her in the bathing suit. (Who wouldn't; she's a looker.) But that doesn’t justify some of the crude shots taken at her in the classified thread. A man’s wife is off limits. Plain and simple.

Second, conceding the guy has made mistakes, who among us hasn't? Some of us are kicking this man when he is down, way, way down and its just over the top. It isn’t funny anymore. It borders on cruel and abusive. The man suffers from a congenital kidney disease, was on dialysis, near death and required a transplant from a relative who stepped up to save his life and then had extreme difficulty post surgery. (Didn’t they have to re-open her?) Could not have been easy on the man who benefitted from her generosity to see her back under the knife because she chose to help him in his hour of need. And pre-surgery, from his posts, it looked like Mr. Claiborne himself was in physical agony. From what I hear, dialysis is hell. Sounds like the man was staring death in the face. Don’t imagine recovery has been easy either. On top of his severe health problems, he’s lost his license to sell insurance, lost his livelihood and has apparently filed a Chapter 7 BK.

No reason whatsoever to continue to put the boots to a man who is down on his luck that hard. It’s not right guys. It paints those of us who are laughing at his misery in a far more negative light than Mr. Claiborne. As far as the theft from the old folks, it appears society got their pound of flesh with the insurance license revocation. Its done with. The law has dealt with it. Its over.

The man is coming here posting, looking for friendship. Let him do so without being continually and unmercifully savaged for his past. I just don't think it becomes any man here to rhetorically beat the man or his wife into the ground under the circumstances of their lives as they currently are. Sorry to preach. I’m as guilty of mirth at Mr. Claiborne's expense as anyone. But at some point, enough is enough.

My .02 worth—and my apologies in advance to anyone who sees it differently. (And yes, I am a frigging hypocrit).

Jordan

Bullshit. The man is a con. Everything he posts is to further that cause. And if he's now dealing guns on here in violation of his chapter 7 terms, that sure as fug ain't looking for "friendship".

I will add that I personally found it wincingly painful to hear some of you guys, who are good people, denigrating AA.

I haven't personally been on the receiving end of a SM dealing, not because he didn't try though. Perhaps if I'd been personally screwed, I might be a little more vengeful, I don't know for sure.

I just know the majority of guys here are better than those posts attacking SM's wife would make a casual observer believe.

Montana MOFO
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Tarkio
So, I been thinkin’. I re-read the thread about the Mashburn in the classifieds. I admit it. I laughed. Some of you guys have killer wit. grin And I think I’ve read all of the threads about Mr. Claiborne’s alleged character flaws over the past year or two at least. Laughed at those too. Vividly recall the one about the Uberlanche. 'Nother side splitter, I admit.

That said, we’ve had our laughs. Is it not time to to call it good and be done with it? I think so. Don't mean to preach, but I think its just gone too far. First, it was way, way over the top to bring his wife into the discussion. Yes, he posted the glamour shot of her in the bathing suit. (Who wouldn't; she's a looker.) But that doesn’t justify some of the crude shots taken at her in the classified thread. A man’s wife is off limits. Plain and simple.

Second, conceding the guy has made mistakes, who among us hasn't? Some of us are kicking this man when he is down, way, way down and its just over the top. It isn’t funny anymore. It borders on cruel and abusive. The man suffers from a congenital kidney disease, was on dialysis, near death and required a transplant from a relative who stepped up to save his life and then had extreme difficulty post surgery. (Didn’t they have to re-open her?) Could not have been easy on the man who benefitted from her generosity to see her back under the knife because she chose to help him in his hour of need. And pre-surgery, from his posts, it looked like Mr. Claiborne himself was in physical agony. From what I hear, dialysis is hell. Sounds like the man was staring death in the face. Don’t imagine recovery has been easy either. On top of his severe health problems, he’s lost his license to sell insurance, lost his livelihood and has apparently filed a Chapter 7 BK.

No reason whatsoever to continue to put the boots to a man who is down on his luck that hard. It’s not right guys. It paints those of us who are laughing at his misery in a far more negative light than Mr. Claiborne. As far as the theft from the old folks, it appears society got their pound of flesh with the insurance license revocation. Its done with. The law has dealt with it. Its over.

The man is coming here posting, looking for friendship. Let him do so without being continually and unmercifully savaged for his past. I just don't think it becomes any man here to rhetorically beat the man or his wife into the ground under the circumstances of their lives as they currently are. Sorry to preach. I’m as guilty of mirth at Mr. Claiborne's expense as anyone. But at some point, enough is enough.

My .02 worth—and my apologies in advance to anyone who sees it differently. (And yes, I am a frigging hypocrit).

Jordan

Bullshit. The man is a con. Everything he posts is to further that cause. And if he's now dealing guns on here in violation of his chapter 7 terms, that sure as fug ain't looking for "friendship".

I will add that I personally found it wincingly painful to hear some of you guys, who are good people, denigrating AA.

I haven't personally been on the receiving end of a SM dealing, not because he didn't try though. Perhaps if I'd been personally screwed, I might be a little more vengeful, I don't know for sure.

I just know the majority of guys here are better than those posts attacking SM's wife would make a casual observer believe.

She's in it, up to her eyeballs.

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Saddest thing to me is that his legal issues in Oregon were all posted here over two years ago, and nobody seemed to pay attention for more than a week or two, then he was right back to scamming again.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H

Jordan

Damn right she is, her knowing about it and allowing it to continue is enough for me to know her character, add in the fact that she covers for him and has been actively involved with trying to con certain members here once Marks credibility was in question.

Some here think it is honorable to not call a spade a spade because that spade happens to be a women. I guess they'll have to settle for being foolish and naïve.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Is she still running a kiddie day care?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T

Jordan

Not saying she isn't. Actually, in my experience with these type of deals, the spouse is usually in up to her or his eyes.

But making sexual innuendos about a woman based on not liking the person her husband is and assuming she is in it, crosses a line for me.

Montana MOFO
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
I know some have had it with the two, but I simply pass on any thread that has anything to do with either of them.

Now poke me in the eye and it might be a different story.....

Last edited by Akbob5; 05/26/15.

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Jordan

I don't know Rob, reading that ruling did not come across to me like a mistake, that was a strongly worded attack on the character of the man.

IMHO a person who has the mentality to deceive and cheat once, then picks up the burden of living with that reputation and also takes on the burden of proving through his actions that he is remorseful and changed. Has there ever been an admission that he is ashamed of his past actions?
Not saying the man owes anyone here on the Fire, jack, what I'm saying is that he has to make that choice, either convince people he is changed (if he is inclined to do so), or live with the ramifications of his reputation.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Some folks don't have any boundaries at all...because they think they are the really special ones, the exceptions in life...

kinda like Liberals...

or Rauncho Bozo....its like he always thinks his schitt doesn't stink... and is always taking everyone else's inventory.. and pointing out their faults, according to his perspective...

There are people that will follow a mob mentality, and those that agitate it...

I doubt if all of this is having any impact at all on SafariMan...and the reason's don't really matter...

But I have to admit... slandering Sherri... well it crosses a line I was raised with also Tarkio...

but hey, if it makes someone feel better, Sherri can chose to let it bother her or just put those folks on ignore also...

Paul Revere warned that the British were coming... that's pointing out danger to others.... but he rode to Concord with that message.... not all the way from Boston to the Florida Keys...

which is where this thread is heading....as far as it can be carried by those that feel the need to carry it...

I have friends on here that are pissed at Mark, so I figure its between them and he... not me....so they need to do what they have to do to come to peace with it...

but this is far from the Campfire's Best Hour...

N
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
N

Not saying she isn't. Actually, in my experience with these type of deals, the spouse is usually in up to her or his eyes.

But making sexual innuendos about a woman based on not liking the person her husband is and assuming she is in it, crosses a line for me.

Agreed..
How ever there are some guys posting on this thread who are just as sick as safari-douche but in different ways..

It's a great life if you don't weaken..
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Seafire
Some folks don't have any boundaries at all...because they think they are the really special ones, the exceptions in life...

kinda like Liberals...

or Rauncho Bozo....its like he always thinks his schitt doesn't stink... and is always taking everyone else's inventory.. and pointing out their faults, according to his perspective...

I doubt if all of this is having any impact at all on SafariMan...and the reason's don't really matter...

But I have to admit... slandering Sherri... well it crosses a line I was raised with also Tarkio...

but hey, if it makes someone feel better, Sherri can chose to let it bother her or just put those folks on ignore also...

Paul Revere warned that the British were coming... that's pointing out danger to others.... but he rode to Concord with that message.... not all the way from Boston to the Florida Keys...

which is where this thread is heading....as far as it can be carried by those that feel the need to carry it...

I have friends on here that are pissed at Mark, so I figure its between them and he... not me....so they need to do what they have to do to come to peace with it...

meanwhile your still posting chit like this:

Originally Posted by DancesWithGuns
I'm waiting for......"TheRealSafariman."

That fake, dishonest Safariman has caused him a lot of trouble so we need to designate who the real.....honest, true and good one is.

Oh, that would be Rauncho Bozo...

why is it we are supposed to drop the chit on Mark when you cant do the same?

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I didn't mention your name at all.. so what is it you feel like you are being singled out? Guilty Conscience?

besides, SafariMan is a big boy... he can defend himself if he so desire...

anyone who feels that he's been wronged, they can work it out on ther ow... but this on and on is pretty much the same as writing it on the bathroom wall as graffiti...

but to be honest, the only two guys I have issues over their bitching is Rauncho and You...

but don't let me rain on your parade...

and ya don't like what I have to say, then learn how to use the ignore button...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

kinda like Liberals...

Still in your head, captain shefire.. Love it! grin

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D

The man is coming here posting, looking for friendship.
Jordan

Looking for friendship or looking for "marks"?

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.

- Albert Einstein
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
not guilty at all, as i told you in the damn pm, have a low tolerance for hypocritic bullchit.......the whole do as i say not as i do doesnt get very far with me......Mark phugged over people here and elsewhere and intends to keep phugging over people and unlike your buddy Rancho has been breaking the law here yet you say lay off, what a load of horsechit.....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
and as far as Sherri, she is either retarded or she knows about and/or been apart of the scamming and having met the woman she isnt retarded.....especially the way she has worded her defense of him its obvious she knows what he has been doing and she flat out told me she was apart of quite a few of his gun dealings when i was around the two of them, it was one of their hobbies together....

you seem to forget a couple of those speaking out against him have actually met the man and its not just internet bullchit......

Last edited by rattler; 05/26/15.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Barkoff
Second, conceding the guy has made mistakes ...

... that ruling did not come across to me like a mistake

A mistake is when I pick up my wife's car key and try to unlock my car with it.

Deliberate violations of state law are not mistakes.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
...and ya don't like what I have to say, then learn how to use the ignore button...

The entertainment factor is over the top when someone can admonish others about what they're saying on here, and then in the same breath drop this.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's even better when they still won't get it.......... grin

P.S. Here I come to save the Ddaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy!

Have Dog

Will Travel

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Safariman and bill clinton are cut from the same mold.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Page 10 of 16 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

501 members (007FJ, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 58 invisible), 2,655 guests, and 1,184 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,644
Posts18,512,487
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.