Home
So the other day, my 14 year old brother and two of his friends were in his room... Skinny jeans, Vans shoes, long hair etc. All that stupid chit...

So I hear them singing "Kesha" or, excuse me "Ke$ha".... I go into the room and basically question them about their sexual preference....

One of the 14 year old boys than told me (I'm 25), in a serious voice "[bleep] you!" I was astounded by this and wanted to grab his long ass hair and throw him out of the house...

About an hour or so later they come out of their room and this same 14 year old punk tells my MOTHER how I am an "[bleep]".

What should be done about this little punk? It has seriously been on my mind for the past 3 days. I talked to my dad about it and he said if he would have heard him say that he would have kicked him out of the house.

I have no problem being called an [bleep], as I definately can be but being called that by a 14 year old punk kid and having him drop a F bomb on me makes me want to teach him a lesson. If he wants to talk like an adult, should he be treated by an adult? I'm not saying whoop his ass, but I would like to THROW him out of the house... Would that be out of line?

Thanks!
Originally Posted by firstcoueswas80
I talked to my dad about it and he said if he would have heard him say that he would have kicked him out of the house.

I think your Dad had it right. Followed up with a discussion with the punks parents.
You implied that a 14 year old kid was a homo, and he told you pretty much what any heterosexual male will tell you under those circumstances.

You're 25.

It's time to stop aggrevating kids.
Let's say you were 14 and some 25-year-old called you a "homo". What would you have wanted to say to the 25 year-old guy??

1) You're 25. Move out of your parents' house.
2) Don't call someone a homo unless you're willing to go to jail on assault charges when you bring it up.
3) Realize there are some fights not worth fighting. If you kick a 14 year-old's rear-end, you're an a**hole. If you back down, you're a puzzy. It's a catch-22.

Consider this a learning experience.
Back in the day, that would have earned him a bitch slap at the minimum...nowadays with all the PC & ACLU bullchit, you'd likely get tossed in jail on battery charges if you so much as grabbed his arm & led him out the front door...

I'd say it's time to move out on your own...
1) I own my own home an hour away from here. I was visiting for the weekend.

2) I am MORE than willing to deal with consequences of someone getting upset about that... I can more than handle myself...

You guys really think its ok for a 14 year old to talk like that period? You think its ok for a 14 year old to go to my 54 year old mother and tell her her son is an [bleep]? If I spoke like that when I was his age I got a back hand, if not worse!

2) I am MORE than willing to deal with consequences of someone getting upset about that... I can more than handle myself...

You guys really think its ok for a 14 year old to talk like that period? You think its ok for a 14 year old to go to my 54 year old mother and tell her her son is an [bleep]? If I spoke like that when I was his age I got a back hand, if not worse!

Well unless you can entice him to take first action, you should probably just man up and ignore it...is it really worth the law on your porch?

I mean you are 25, you can't get the best of a 14 yr old without hitting him?
No he should not talk like that. But your brother should man up and take care of it.
1)

What was your Mom's reply???
So the other day, my 14 year old brother and two of his friends were in his room... Skinny jeans, Vans shoes, long hair etc. All that stupid chit...

So I hear them singing "Kesha" or, excuse me "Ke$ha".... I go into the room and basically question them about their sexual preference....

One of the 14 year old boys than told me (I'm 25), in a serious voice "[bleep] you!" I was astounded by this and wanted to grab his long ass hair and throw him out of the house...

About an hour or so later they come out of their room and this same 14 year old punk tells my MOTHER how I am an "[bleep]".

What should be done about this little punk? It has seriously been on my mind for the past 3 days. I talked to my dad about it and he said if he would have heard him say that he would have kicked him out of the house.

I have no problem being called an [bleep], as I definately can be but being called that by a 14 year old punk kid and having him drop a F bomb on me makes me want to teach him a lesson. If he wants to talk like an adult, should he be treated by an adult? I'm not saying whoop his ass, but I would like to THROW him out of the house... Would that be out of line?

Thanks!

I guess my question would be why are you asking a 14year old his sexual preference, and then being surprised at his response?
Second, it ain't your house, it's your parents, their response would be different than your response.
third, you wack a 14year old and see what it gets you.
And aren't you some sort of LEO? If so, do you really need advise from a group of strangers about someone/anyone telling you to [bleep] off? I mean, seriously, if that sort thing gets under your skin to where you think about it for days, I have a feeling you're not long for the business.
You guys really think its ok for a 14 year old to talk like that period?

No.

You think its ok for a 14 year old to go to my 54 year old mother and tell her her son is an [bleep]? If I spoke like that when I was his age I got a back hand, if not worse!

No.

But remember, if you grab, push or otherwise touch this little schit in a manner that offends him (IOW, if you touch him at all), he'll run, not walk, run to the phone and dial 911. Then you'll be dealing with an assault/battery charge.

Is he worth it?
Originally Posted by elkhunter76
No he should not talk like that. But your brother should man up and take care of it.
+1 any of my younger brothers wouldn't of let their friends pull take in our parents home

I don't think it's appropriate for a 25-year old to go around calling folks he barely even knows derogatory terms and then acting "shocked" when they say some choice words of their own.

Do I think it's ok if a chihuahua dog bites you?? No, I don't. Do I think it's ok if a chihuahua dog bites you after you poked it in the eye with a stick?? That's a different question.

You poked this kid in the eye with a stick. You may have expected him to cower down because he's just a "little dog". Turns out, he bit you on the azz......
You were about as outta line as anyone could ever get.

I think your little brothers big brother has the attitude problem....

YOU owe the apology in this case.

Either man up, apologize and salvage the situation or go away and don't look back like a coward.

But for Christs sakes, start acting like an adult instead of a 12 year old.

And BTW, it don't matter what a couple of 14 year olds were doing or anything else. Butt out, it's none of your F'n business.....
Give your younger brother $50 to whip the little punks azzzz.

Maybe go for matching funds from your Mom!

But do right by her!
Originally Posted by byc

I'll do it for 25. grin
You guys arent getting where I am coming from..

First, Yes, I do work as a LEO. Would I ever put my hands on a 14 year old? Absolutely not. You guys are not as bright as I thoughf if you think I will actually lay hands on a 14 year old kid.

Trust me, being called names etc does not effect me, and I am more than capapable to hande the situation if one comes about. When a 14 year old little kid acts like he is a big dog and decides to drop an F bomb in a strangers house, as well as go to my mother and tell her her son is an azzhole (which I am) is inappropriate. If you dont think that is inappropriate then wow, wake up and go pound some sand.

I have NEVER EVER in my life spoken directly to my friends mother and said a swear word, ESPECIALLY at the age of 14 years old. Have I swore around them yes, unforunately but I have never cussed to them.

I have no problem accepting the fact that I probably shouldnt have been calling them homos, but seriously a 14 year old kid flat out saying [bleep] you... That is a little extreme.

BTW, my little brother did nothing. He is definately NOT a Alpha male at all and is pretty much a sissy.
Originally Posted by JeffA

Either man up, apologize and salvage the situation or go away and don't look back like a coward.

And BTW, it don't matter what a couple of 14 year olds were doing or anything else. Butt out, it's none of your F'n business.....

youre about as much of a dumbass as I have ever seen on the fire.

I hope when you have kids your 14 decides to act like that, and we will see where you go from there.
Originally Posted by shreck
Originally Posted by byc

I'll do it for 25. grin

Shouldn't you be watching Denny Hamlin kick JJ's azzzz? grin

I really hope Hamlin and Joe Gibbs win!

Sorry for going OT to the OP!
btw, if that kid decides to drop a f bomb on every one who calls him homosexual in a joking manner through out his life, he is in for a lot of hospital visits....
Pretty funny that you ask for advise and then get your panties in a twist when it's not what you wanted to hear.

You guys arent getting where I am coming from..

First, Yes, I do work as a LEO. Would I ever put my hands on a 14 year old? Absolutely not. You guys are not as bright as I thoughf if you think I will actually lay hands on a 14 year old kid.

Trust me, being called names etc does not effect me, and I am more than capapable to hande the situation if one comes about. When a 14 year old little kid acts like he is a big dog and decides to drop an F bomb in a strangers house, as well as go to my mother and tell her her son is an azzhole (which I am) is inappropriate. If you dont think that is inappropriate then wow, wake up and go pound some sand.

I have NEVER EVER in my life spoken directly to my friends mother and said a swear word, ESPECIALLY at the age of 14 years old. Have I swore around them yes, unforunately but I have never cussed to them.

I have no problem accepting the fact that I probably shouldnt have been calling them homos, but seriously a 14 year old kid flat out saying [bleep] you... That is a little extreme.

BTW, my little brother did nothing. He is definately NOT a Alpha male at all and is pretty much a sissy.

And if it didn't affect you, why would you even mention it, let alone admit you've been thinking about for days?
to bad you can't backhand him like in the old days. might have had to deal with his dad but the cops wouldn't have wasted their time with it.
you cant touch the kid unless yah want a record......dont see a problem with what the kid told you, your not an adult your an older brother and i say this being 29 with a brother thats 20....main issue is the language in front of your mom and its for your brother to handle not you.....

I hope when you have kids your 14 decides to act like that, and we will see where you go from there.

Son, my children are older than you.
You're the kinda guy that is out demanding respect based on age or occupation or what ever it that seems to make you feel superior to your brother and his friends or whom ever.

Respect is something that is earned, not given by default, grow up already.
If I was the long haired kid and you questioned my sexual preference,I'd tell you to [bleep] off too.Just saying and my attitude is fine.
No, it probably wasn't right what he said to your mom and since it's your mom's house, I know how my mom would have handled it.
You called the kid a [bleep] and he told you to eff off. You're a cop, too, you said, yes? At 14, had I been your brother's buddy you'd called out, I'd have been a little bit more respectful to your mom in her house, I'm sure, but also would have promptly slashed your tires for you.

HTH. wink
I would tell him that the discussion is on hold for 4 years.
You'll be there to continue it on his 18th birthday.
you called him queer, you had it comin.
He was wrong to say that to your mom, it did seem to fit the moment, but to you, Oh well.
Originally Posted by 7 STW
If I was the long haired kid and you questioned my sexual preference,I'd tell you to [bleep] off too.Just saying and my attitude is fine.

Yep!

The tight jeans kids are wearing do look pretty gay but I'm pretty sure they'll outgrow wearing that crap. I'm not an expert on teenagers but do remember doing some extremely stupid chit when I was younger.

Still wear a pair of Vans sneakers quite a bit.

Call me a [bleep] and I'd tell you to [bleep]-off too......(grin)

Thanks!

Yep! Not you place. Your 25 their 14, MYOB/ Man up, their are bigger things for 25 year olds to worry about. GW
I'd set your brother down and talk to him, tell him to be careful
who he hangs out with, in a different place and situation his friend reacting like that could get them both hurt.

How do I know these things? Teenage years are a funny time, though not so fun for parents. When I was a freshmen in high school we'd just lost a close basketball game, I'd showered gotten dressed and was heading up into the stands when a couple of juniors told me "you got beat huh?" Who knows, but inflection of voice plays a large part. I dropped the F bommb on them in front of all the girls and other folks in the stands.

They took exception we went outside and danced, I lost.

but I played football with em the next year and when they found out I could contribute it was all good.

I was froggy, won some, lost some, it's all good.

but these days every joeree is packin a knife if not a gun, those were good days, when you just settled it with feet and fists and got over it.
Couple questions.

Do you have a history of pissing these kids off?
How's their attitutdes towards LEO in general?

Comment.

Have a stern talk with little bro about what kind of language and behavior is acceptable around a lady. Evidently he hasn't had it with his friends and maybe the women in that one kid's life don't measure up to the definition of the word.

Also I'd say that kid needs to lighten up a bit (and maybe you, too) as I would have had a much better comment, whether your quesiton was serious or in jest.

I wonder if there is a 14 year old kid on Face book bitching that his mates elder brother called him a homo??? I doubt it and there in is the lesson...

Thanks!

Summation:

I called an adolescent a homo. He told me "fug you".

Let's all get him!
I kinda know how he felt.

I feel like saying "awww fug you" also.
you ran and "told" your daddy? "Johnny told me FU" like a third grade little girl.
Maybe you should call the kids Mommy and tell her you called her son a homo, then whine, and tell her he told you [bleep] you!
Maybe she'll put soap in his dirty mouth.
What should happen here is some one should drop a dime on some one that has no business being a Cop working in the public sector.

Jeezus, I'm hearing the "Cops" theme here..
Originally Posted by logger
No, it probably wasn't right what he said to your mom and since it's your mom's house, I know how my mom would have handled it.

Yup. 1+

Al Bundy would take em by the back of the neck and ram their face into the door frame on the way out the door.
This is totally Whiskey Tango..
When faced with WT---Call Chuck Norris!
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco

Hence the Al Bundy response recommendation. Of course Al would of done it immediately and without asking.
Can I change my answer? If so, I think that kid needs a good tasing! Let us all know when it's on youtube.

BTW, did you get made fun of/beat up a lot as a kid? I'm thinking for a 25 year old man to get riled up about a young teenager, you've got to have had some anger issues relating to childhood. How'd I do? Free psychiatric help on the web is pretty cool!
To the OP,
that situation would have made me upset, also.
Especially talking to your mother that way.

I would tell him, firmly, to leave the premises, without laying a finger on him-this, if it happens again.
I would of slapped the $hit out of the little [bleep].

Whats this world coming to when an older brother cant be a dick to his little brother's friends??? smile
Originally Posted by lhonda
Can I change my answer? If so, I think that kid needs a good tasing! Let us all know when it's on youtube.

BTW, did you get made fun of/beat up a lot as a kid? I'm thinking for a 25 year old man to get riled up about a young teenager, you've got to have had some anger issues relating to childhood. How'd I do? Free psychiatric help on the web is pretty cool!

Nope. Never had a problem with that. I have always been bigger, stronger than 98% of everyone I know. Plus, I have been in several fights protecting others... For example the handicapped little brother of one of my high school girl friends.... 3 on 1.... The one (me) won.
So, I know its preliminary results, but so far the general consensus indicates you are a loser...
Originally Posted by Bristoe
You implied that a 14 year old kid was a homo, and he told you pretty much what any heterosexual male will tell you under those circumstances.

You're 25.

Sorta what I was thinking. I mean if he'd heard them in there packing fudge, then that would be different. Questioning their sexual orientation because of their poor tastes in music? I think that rates a "[bleep] off" too. And living at home with the 14 year old brother and parents means the OP doesn't carry any "adult clout" in that house...14 year old brother still probably remembers when he was a punk assed teenager too. If he wanted to start some schit, shoulda been prepared to get that response and finish what he started. The "fight" was won by the "punk friend" when he didn't finish what he started.

Edit to add: See that the OP doesn't live there. Slight difference, but still not that much.
Laffin.................
Most of the advice you have been here is worth what you paid for it!
It's a prime example of what's wrong with America today!
I grew up with six uncles as father figures and they did things ALOT different than the advice you are getting here. Never forget the time one of them got beat pretty badly and the guy that done the beating got put it the local jail for it. Law enforcement didn't think it was so funny that my uncle's other brothers tried to bail the guy out.
My have times have changed.
I wonder what music "firstcoues" listens to..
Your mother should have told your brother not to bring that turd back unless he can keep a civil tongue in his head. My mother did that to my older brother on several occasions and his choice of friend did improve somewhat.
Originally Posted by raghorn
Laffin.................
Most of the advice you have been here is worth what you paid for it!
It's a prime example of what's wrong with America today!
I grew up with six uncles as father figures and they did things ALOT different than the advice you are getting here. Never forget the time one of them got beat pretty badly and the guy that done the beating got put it the local jail for it. Law enforcement didn't think it was so funny that my uncle's other brothers tried to bail the guy out.

difference being the legal system today......a 14 year old smarting off aint worth a record.....there are times when its worth knocking a lil sense into someone, in this day and age this aint one of them....

had the same thing happened to me, my lil brother woulda set his buddy straight, i wouldnt have had to.....
Casey...If you had not made the homo insinuation you wouldn't be agitated right now...lesson learned??? YOU were the one that instigated the cussing outburst & the whole thing comes full circle back to YOU as being the perpetrator...
How would you feel if his parents took exception to your insinuation & decided to "talk" to your superiors???
Remember Mark Fuhrman...the detective of OJ fame???? What was it that he said when asked if he'd ever used the "N" word???
Being in LE you need to keep in mind that things you say CAN eventually come back & bite you in the ass...

One other thing...it may not be the smartest thing to "talk" to his parents about this either...let the whole episode die if it will & if you're looking for respect, keep in mind that you need to give it to get it...
So bottom line, what of the OP, creates the need to ask if he is gay? Don't quite get that.

I do know, like Sam said, we did a lot of interesting if not downright stupid stuff when kids at times.

Heck I road around with a rainbow sticker on the back window of my truck cause I love rainbows and thought it was cool, never knew any better till much later.

Kids nowdays need to show some more respect than they do. They have forgotten yes sir and no mam etc... most of em anyway. But clothes and music.... wtf... my uncle thought I was going to hell anyway since we listened to AC/DC and still do.....
Originally Posted by FVA
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco

Hence the Al Bundy response recommendation. Of course Al would of done it immediately and without asking.

Al would have done it if the kids were wearing those pants in his house, or listening to that music, or....
Originally Posted by raghorn
Never forget the time one of them got beat pretty badly and the guy that done the beating got put it the local jail for it. Law enforcement didn't think it was so funny that my uncle's other brothers tried to bail the guy out.

grin

I like their style.

If I understand from reading correctly in this thread, you're a LEO?

Lots of lessons to be learned here that will serve you well in life and your profession. The kid was out of line for using any type language like that to your mother, about you or anyone. Frankly though, he was right in this one instance. Your 25, let your 14 year old brother and his friends go through their punk teens.

I gotta question the need to assert your manhood and go make an effort to do that in the first place.

As for the dealings with you? As has been stated, you started it. You might be able to handle yourself, but you got no right to go around calling other men, or young men, gay and then expecting a "respectful response" out of them. And like another said, you're 25 and beat up a 14 year old, you're a bully, and maybe an out of work bully too. Back down, as you did, and you're a pu$$Y. Lesson learned.

A similar true story: A prick I went to law school with got a job fresh out as an Asst. DA. One day he's in his neighborhood and a kid drives by with the radio up too loud. This prick yells at him, and gets the finger in return...hops in his car to chase the kid to his house, and gets in a nya nya match with him, and the kid winds up essentially telling him to get [bleep] (which I had to do in the middle of a UCC class one time...and the guy was such a prick the professor laughed about it). My prick buddy b!tch slapps the punk, and was in the soup line the next day. Made the news too...very embarrassing...all over a punk and some loud music. No doubt the kid was a punk, and probably needed a beat down...but it was the wrong time and place, and the wrong way to go about it.
Not entirely directed at the specific situation, but at 14 a kid is in those years that they defy authority. At that time they can be taught respect for authority, or the defiance of it can be reinforced. It is not the time for huggy maternal nurturing, it is time for masculine knock you across the room discipline. Limits clearly defined, as are penalties and rewards.

Now back when I was a kid, had I used such language in someone elses house I would have been tossed out. Then they would have called the old man. The azz beating would have been epic, biblical level stuff. Know where the line is, and know that on the other side of the line is pain and suffering.
Originally Posted by crosshair
Not entirely directed at the specific situation, but at 14 a kid is in those years that they defy authority. At that time they can be taught respect for authority, or the defiance of it can be reinforced. It is not the time for huggy maternal nurturing, it is time for masculine knock you across the room discipline. Limits clearly defined, as are penalties and rewards.

Now back when I was a kid, had I used such language in someone elses house I would have been tossed out. Then they would have called the old man. The azz beating would have been epic, biblical level stuff. Know where the line is, and know that on the other side of the line is pain and suffering.

Where and when you came from, could your friend's brother just call you a [bleep] and expect you to just say "yes sir"?

Nope. Never had a problem with that. I have always been bigger, stronger than 98% of everyone I know. Plus, I have been in several fights protecting others... For example the handicapped little brother of one of my high school girl friends.... 3 on 1.... The one (me) won.
I got to agree with Ilhonda on this one. From what you're saying here, you must be the poster child for the stereotype of the kid who got sand kicked in his face at school but then got to be poleece when he grew up and now it is on.

You're lucky the fourteen year old didn't jack you up and kick your asss. Maybe Dinkhead will be around to give you some backup. He's another well-respected LEO around here.

How'd I do? Free psychiatric help on the web is pretty cool!

Careful, L., you're treading on 'Hawk's territory grin . I'd be more interested in your take most of the time, though.

As far as the OP, I can't see me calling out a punk. If I did and got that response, I pretty much earned it. The swearing in front of mom, though, is something that your brother should be dealing with quick, fast and in a hurry.

George
Originally Posted by .280Rem

Where and when you came from, could your friend's brother just call you a [bleep] and expect you to just say "yes sir"?

1) One act does not precipitate the other.
2) I don't remember any [bleep] when I was a kid. It was, as it should be, an abomination. If there were [bleep], and I'm sure there were, they kept it in the closet were it belongs. Social stigma has a purpose.
Originally Posted by NH K9
The swearing in front of mom, though, is something that your brother should be dealing with quick, fast and in a hurry.

George

There it is!!!! That's what I said. Even if it costs $50.
Something's wrong with the lad if he doesn't have it in his head already.

Sissy or not, disrespecting mom should be punished. Yes, even if he takes an azz kicking in the process it will build character.

George

--------------------------------------------

You guys are not as bright as I thought

-------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------

------------------------------------------

btw, if that kid decides to drop a f bomb on every one who calls him homosexual in a joking manner through out his life, he is in for a lot of hospital visits....

Never had a problem with that. I have always been bigger, stronger than 98% of everyone I know. Plus, I have been in several fights protecting others... For example the handicapped little brother of one of my high school girl friends.... 3 on 1.... The one (me) won.

A compilation of excerpts from your posts in this thread tells a lot. Everybody else is a homo, you're a big tough guy, and you got tell everyone so they'll know, because the worst thing in the world that could happen to you is someone thinking you're gay. And, in your head, if you hear a kid listening to some music you deem "homo" you better go call him a homo, else someone might think you're a homo, right? Do you spend your waking hours in mortal fear that every move you make, every thing you say will cause someone to think you're gay? Do you frequently call things you see other guy wear "gay" because they don't fit your notion of manly?

Firstcoues,be glad they didn't sit on your head and fart. Bob
I can't think of any of my older brothers friends that I did NOT tell to [bleep] off. I also can't think of any that did NOT kick my ass. I also can't think of any that I wouldn't be happy to buy a beer if I were to bump into them. And they would do the same.

Travis
Originally Posted by .280Rem

1) One act does not precipitate the other.
2) I don't remember any [bleep] when I was a kid. It was, as it should be, an abomination. If there were [bleep], and I'm sure there were, they kept it in the closet were it belongs. Social stigma has a purpose.

Didn't really answer the question directly, but I suspect that had someone called you a [bleep], you'd have dealt with it swiftly, no?

Love your philosophy here. I remember those days too. Times have changed and the system is pretty much broken. Children are taught at an early age that any kind of negativity towards them is abuse (whether it be verbal or actual physical, spanking). Teachers tell them to call 911 because abuse is abuse, so they are told. Another thing a parent can't do is take the phone away when a child is threatening to call that number (been there done that), had to learn the hard way. I'll tell you guys what, I'm not an abusive person; but when your 14 year old son is telling your wife WTF and F YOU and I TOLD YOU NOT TO, then you go down to try and handle things and you are told "WTF ARE YOU DOING". You threaten a spanking, go to pick the young boy up and he in turn trys to strike at you. You drop his arse on the floor and he threatens to call that number. You as the parent better not take the phone away or you will be thrown in jail. You, otherwise, never being in any sort of trouble will not be the one the police believe. It will always be the kid that has the advocates because the system is screwed up. How can we turn it around???
He would have been escorted out of the house and told if he returned to have his medical insurance card with him. I will not tolerate that kind of behavior from an adult let alone a kid.
I would have left and not come back. That is more under his roof than mine. Of course if he carries it to the street than so do I. Maybe he gets to meet Mr. Louis Ash.
I honestly do not see what the big deal is. A 14 year old telling his friends older brother "[bleep] you"? Been going on a loooong time folks. And it wasn't even FC's house to begin with. He doesn't even live there.

As far as the comment to the mother, some parents would giggle at the comment depending on the context. I ain't one. But I know many.

Travis
Originally Posted by Bristoe

You're 25.

Plus one.

Be thankful your brother has friends with balls.

Cussed once around my Grandad and spit blood for it. Told me in no uncertian terms to respect my elders. Lesson learned and never made that mistake EVER agian.

I guess you didn't get the answer you were looking for?
My Dad did the same thing.

Then I went to school and told older kids to [bleep] off.... And if somebody 15 years older than me tries to run their mouth, I won't hesitate to tell them to [bleep] off either.

Travis
Depends on the situation. I was refering to family; especially Mom, Dad, Grandparents and such. I won't disrespect them.
How'd I do? Free psychiatric help on the web is pretty cool!

Careful, L., you're treading on 'Hawk's territory grin . I'd be more interested in your take most of the time, though.

As far as the OP, I can't see me calling out a punk. If I did and got that response, I pretty much earned it. The swearing in front of mom, though, is something that your brother should be dealing with quick, fast and in a hurry.

George

Oh, dear. Compared to TRH? shocked A thousand pardons, and I will now excuse myself from opining further. Now I know what Lucy of Peanuts fame felt like, and she charged a whole nickel! wink
Coues,

You called a 14 year old a [bleep] and he gave you the response most males would give you. Get over it. You started it and were the bully. It obviously bothers you hence this thread. With you being a LEO, you are going to have to grow up and learn how to talk to people respectfully or you will not be in your profession long. Sounds to me like you have the attitude problem.

As for him talking to your mom, not the correct way to put it and not for you to handle. It is not your house and it sounds like the kid was telling the truth.
Originally Posted by RAS2
Depends on the situation. I was refering to family; especially Mom, Dad, Grandparents and such. I won't disrespect them.

Agreed.

Travis
Not directed at you DeFlave but to the original poster.
I don't think the 14 year old liked the assertian you made and from the sounds of his response he is not a sexually confused male and that is a good thing. Look at the bright side he had the 'balls" to man up to you. He may have been wrong saying what he said in someone else's home but you jacked him up and pizzed him off. You might want to be careful and just chalk it up and laugh about it cause one day that 14 year old will grow up. You never know what discipline he might get involved in. Leave it alone and be happy he's not sexually confused and try to start earning his respect. After inserting your foot so deep down your throat that itself will be a challenge. See how good you really are at dealing with situations like that. Will make you a better LEO IMO.

Dave

Thanks!

Haven't read the whole thread but I would grab him by the ear and trot him out the door . Treat him just like the punk he is...

Oh, dear. Compared to TRH?
Hey, you wish you compared to me. wink

That little SOB would have been out of my house so fast he wouldn't have had time to say "You can't".

After his feet hit the earth again he would have had an understanding he was never welcome back in my house.
seriously in my house or not i dont call someone a [bleep] and expect them to shut up and take it.......as the oldest sibling growing up in the house(had an older half brother that never lived with us) just cause i turned 21 didnt mean i was an adult of the house to my sisters and brothers friends.....

my brother is 9 years younger than me and had i at 25 walked in and told one of his buddies a [bleep] in my brothers room and they not told me to [bleep] off i would have lil respect for the punks....i challenged his manhood and he pushed back its to be expected as a friends older brother...

the only [bleep] up thing is the comment to your mom and that should be handled by your brother not you, if your brother aint ready to step up and take care of the issue your brother needs the arse whooping not the kid.....
I love threads like this. They can go either way and everyone has an opinion. I will share mine.

I have known Casey for about 4 years now. He's not a small guy and by no way a bully. He likes to joke and he sometimes calls it like he sees it. Not the most tactful guy, but you know what he means when he says it.
His LEO experience called into this thread I can only say this. The guy knows his stuff, presents himself very respectable and is a very good LEO. I am glad that I occasionally get to deal with him while at work so that when his character gets called into question I can vouch for him.

I think many people are missing the point. I might be completely wrong on this but reading what I read I can only try to understand what he is getting at.
I think he is pissed that this 14 year old kid told him to F off in his parents home. Who cares if he told him F off, but he did so where he grew up and thats the issue. Furthermore he told his mama that her boy is a azzhole. Using that language infront of anyone's mama is a no no. We all know that.
Maybe if the kid told him that outside or somewhere other than inside the house, this thread wouldn't have been posted. Maybe if the kid didn't go to Casey's mama and use azzhole this thread might not have been poseted. I don't know but can only speculate.
There is a thing called respect in someone elses house and the 14 year old kid didn't show it in the OP's parents house. That is the issue. Maybe the brother shoulda said "hey watch yourself" to his friend or said "hey leave us alone" to the OP. But he didn't. Maybe the kid shoulda been thrown out of the house when he talked to mama like he did and maybe got his butt kicked too.

We all know how 14 year old kids can be. They can be jerks. Especially when they think they can be tough. That still is no reason to back talk someone in another persons house. We can expect some kids to say that, but I don't expect that from my bro's friends. I'd be pi$$ed too.

Plus if I caught my bro or nephew jamming out to kesha I'd question there sexual orientation too. Have any of you heard her music?

Again there is no right or wrong to this topic, but I would say no one disrespects my mom much less in her own house. No matter if I started it or not.
I think Casey is right to be mad about this if I am understanding it correctly that the lanuage isn't the issue but where it happened and to who it happened to.

Hell we all have been talked crap to, But I've never had anyone talk crap to my mom. What would you guys do if someone went and started using bad language to your mom?

So I gotta go with Casey on this one if I am understanding it like I explained. If its not like I think and explained, then I might have to re-evaluate the situation. Little bro shoulda stood up for both sides tho.
14 yo or not you don't step up to someones mom. That's just asking for trouble. Good thing Casey is 25 and not 17.

Kique

Maybe he should act 25 not 17.

Also, my mom lives in the real world and if I was being an azzhole and someone called me on it, 14-years-old or not, she'd laugh and probably agree.
Alright...here is my 2 cents...as much as you would like to bitch slap the crap out of the little punk, don't! He would send you to jail faster than you say boo! I would just inform this little POS if his attitude/foul mouth continues in your house, he can leave! I am dealing with kinda the same thing, only the POS I am dealing with this kid that is a wanna be gangster...wearing the colors, clothes, general bad attitude and refers to my step daughter as "his bitch" ! I just about flippin killed his the first time he called her this! After he said this I told him he better not EVER call her that again! He told me he would call her what ever he wanted, I didn't have any say in the matter, I was only the stepfather! Holy crap! That just came out of this kids mouth?????? Really??? I told him to get his skinny POS ass out of my house, otherwise I was going to have the cops escort his ass out! He has not come back! So resist breaking this kid you are dealing with in half, its not worth it! Good luck!
refers to my step daughter as "his bitch"

If your step-daughter allows this, it sounds like you have TWO problems on your hands (him AND her).....
Yea, I know she thinks its cool to be his "bitch"! Mom is livid!
Originally Posted by arffdog875
Alright...here is my 2 cents...as much as you would like to bitch slap the crap out of the little punk, don't! He would send you to jail faster than you say boo! I would just inform this little POS if his attitude/foul mouth continues in your house, he can leave! I am dealing with kinda the same thing, only the POS I am dealing with this kid that is a wanna be gangster...wearing the colors, clothes, general bad attitude and refers to my step daughter as "his bitch" ! I just about flippin killed his the first time he called her this! After he said this I told him he better not EVER call her that again! He told me he would call her what ever he wanted, I didn't have any say in the matter, I was only the stepfather! Holy crap! That just came out of this kids mouth?????? Really??? I told him to get his skinny POS ass out of my house, otherwise I was going to have the cops escort his ass out! He has not come back! So resist breaking this kid you are dealing with in half, its not worth it! Good luck!

I feel for you, wouldn't want to be in your shoes!!!!
Originally Posted by arffdog875

been in my girls lives since they were 4 and 7, they will be 13 and 16 in a few months.....only time i use "step" is help ppl figure out how im 29 and have a 16 year old.....

quite frankly that boy would be fair game....

and as the other poster said the girl is part of the problem for allowing it.....
Originally Posted by Enrique
I am glad that I occasionally get to deal with him while at work so that when his character gets called into question I can vouch for him.

Kique

How often do you find yourself doing that?
Actually quite a bit.
at least in my presence he has shown himself to be savvy, understanding, helpful and proper when dealing with people. He has always handled himself like he was supposed to. At least from what I have seen.

Again I don't defend Casey just going by what I have seen and what I know of him and what people say about him at work.

Anyone that thinks He would actually lay his hands on a 14yo is crazy. He said he felt or wanted to or somewhere along those lines, not that he would. He's not stupid. Why ruin a good job over a punk and a few words?
Casey is just venting and showing his aggrivation over disrespect. and asking us what we would do or handle it.

BTW I doubt anyone ever bullied him as a kid. He is over 6 ft and weighed over 250 based on my assessment when I first met him. I doubt anyone wanted to F with him in school.

I love threads like this. They can go either way and everyone has an opinion. I will share mine.

I have known Casey for about 4 years now. He's not a small guy and by no way a bully. He likes to joke and he sometimes calls it like he sees it. Not the most tactful guy, but you know what he means when he says it.
His LEO experience called into this thread I can only say this. The guy knows his stuff, presents himself very respectable and is a very good LEO. I am glad that I occasionally get to deal with him while at work so that when his character gets called into question I can vouch for him.

I think many people are missing the point. I might be completely wrong on this but reading what I read I can only try to understand what he is getting at.
I think he is pissed that this 14 year old kid told him to F off in his parents home. Who cares if he told him F off, but he did so where he grew up and thats the issue. Furthermore he told his mama that her boy is a azzhole. Using that language infront of anyone's mama is a no no. We all know that.
Maybe if the kid told him that outside or somewhere other than inside the house, this thread wouldn't have been posted. Maybe if the kid didn't go to Casey's mama and use azzhole this thread might not have been poseted. I don't know but can only speculate.
There is a thing called respect in someone elses house and the 14 year old kid didn't show it in the OP's parents house. That is the issue. Maybe the brother shoulda said "hey watch yourself" to his friend or said "hey leave us alone" to the OP. But he didn't. Maybe the kid shoulda been thrown out of the house when he talked to mama like he did and maybe got his butt kicked too.

We all know how 14 year old kids can be. They can be jerks. Especially when they think they can be tough. That still is no reason to back talk someone in another persons house. We can expect some kids to say that, but I don't expect that from my bro's friends. I'd be pi$$ed too.

Plus if I caught my bro or nephew jamming out to kesha I'd question there sexual orientation too. Have any of you heard her music?

Again there is no right or wrong to this topic, but I would say no one disrespects my mom much less in her own house. No matter if I started it or not.
I think Casey is right to be mad about this if I am understanding it correctly that the lanuage isn't the issue but where it happened and to who it happened to.

Hell we all have been talked crap to, But I've never had anyone talk crap to my mom. What would you guys do if someone went and started using bad language to your mom?

So I gotta go with Casey on this one if I am understanding it like I explained. If its not like I think and explained, then I might have to re-evaluate the situation. Little bro shoulda stood up for both sides tho.
14 yo or not you don't step up to someones mom. That's just asking for trouble. Good thing Casey is 25 and not 17.

Kique

I guess my problem is that at 51 I still tend to see 14 and 25, as both "kids". I'm thinking at 35 said OP will be able to handle such a dumb situation better.

Recognizing he gave the kid a hard time, how hard would it be to have just made the point, "look kid, I guess I had that coming, but I can't allow that type of profanity in my parents house, got it?"
Bottom-line here Coues, you may or may not care what I think, but here it is...You get a pass from me totally on Kique's word that you are okay. I think the situation is kinda messed up, but if Kique, whom I respect, says you are good, then that's how it is.

I don't know Kique that well, but I like the way he's always handled himself here.

At your age you should not have said anything to the kid. On the other hand I see no equal playing field between a 25 and 14 your old. The kid is disrespectful and should have just taken your ribbing in stride. The comment to your mother just confirms his bad attitude. The bottom line is that it is your parents problem, not yours. Forget about it and move on. Every since the courts and schools have tried to stop child abuse kids have gotten bolder and bolder because they know that an adult can't do anything with them. I am certainly not in favor of child abuse but the attempts to control it have created a new set of problems with many kids out of control and the system helpless to do anything with them. My sister-in-law teaches school and has to deal with this age group every day. To say that it is a challenge would be an understatement. My brother-in-law works security at a large school in Texas and some of the stories he tells confirm the fact that attitude and behavior among kids that age is generally pretty poor at best. Let it go though partner, the problem is waaaaaay too big for a simple on-line-forum solution.
Originally Posted by Barkoff

Kique

I guess my problem is that at 51 I still tend to see 14 and 25, as both "kids". I'm thinking at 35 said OP will be able to handle such a dumb situation better.

Recognizing he gave the kid a hard time, how hard would it be to have just made the point, "look kid, I guess I had that coming, but I can't allow that type of profanity in my parents house, got it?"

Dont get me wrong, its not like I think I am world traveled and well experienced at the age of 25, nor do I demand respect. What I am aggravated about is a 14 year old using that kind of language. If you want to speak/act as an adult in my mind you should be treated like that. I know if I said that, in the tone of voice the kid did well I damn well better be ready to square off because any man/boy/person worth their weight in beans would not take such language and attitude sitting down.

Also, how could I have handled it better? I shot him a look, and left the room and left the situation alone. Now, I am on here asking if I over reacted by being pissed that a little 14 year old punk talking to me and my mother like that in their house.

Not only that, but I am getting flamed because I am a LEO and that I handled the situation so poorly? Was I probably wrong for going into the room and questioning them? Probably so, but the fact of the matter is if he or anyone reacts that way every time some one calls you a [bleep]/homo/ etc its gonna be a long hard rough life.

I dont know about everyone else here, but I have been called a homo about 8931463892462789346 times, all in a JOKING MATTER and I have never taken in personal or got pissed. But, I guess thats another thing.

Kique

Dont get me wrong, its not like I think I am world traveled and well experienced at the age of 25, nor do I demand respect. What I am aggravated about is a 14 year old using that kind of language. If you want to speak/act as an adult in my mind you should be treated like that. I know if I said that, in the tone of voice the kid did well I damn well better be ready to square off because any man/boy/person worth their weight in beans would not take such language and attitude sitting down.

Also, how could I have handled it better? I shot him a look, and left the room and left the situation alone. Now, I am on here asking if I over reacted by being pissed that a little 14 year old punk talking to me and my mother like that in their house.

Not only that, but I am getting flamed because I am a LEO and that I handled the situation so poorly? Was I probably wrong for going into the room and questioning them? Probably so, but the fact of the matter is if he or anyone reacts that way every time some one calls you a [bleep]/homo/ etc its gonna be a long hard rough life.

I dont know about everyone else here, but I have been called a homo about 8931463892462789346 times, all in a JOKING MATTER and I have never taken in personal or got pissed. But, I guess thats another thing.

Saved for posterity. You simply can't make this kinda [bleep] up.
Originally Posted by ColeYounger

I got to agree with Ilhonda on this one. From what you're saying here, you must be the poster child for the stereotype of the kid who got sand kicked in his face at school but then got to be poleece when he grew up and now it is on.

You're lucky the fourteen year old didn't jack you up and kick your asss. Maybe Dinkhead will be around to give you some backup. He's another well-respected LEO around here.

Coleyounger is nothing more than a cheerleader. Cole will jump on any bandwagon where three or more posters have the same opinion. Cole do you ever have any opinions yourself or do always need approval from the club?

Dink
Sorry, I didnt see the part of the kid "jacking me up and kicking my ass". Yeah THATS gonna happen.
Dude, if a 14 year old is getting this far under your skin, I really don't think being in law enforcement is for you.

Brian.
Its funny to me that you guys think a 14 year old is getting under my skin....
If
It has seriously been on my mind for the past 3 days.
isn't getting under your skin, prey tell what is?
Originally Posted by WheelchairBandit
Dude, if a 14 year old is getting this far under your skin, I really don't think being in law enforcement is for you.

Brian.

No chit!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can I make a post on the "ask the gunwriters" section title: Why did firstcoueswas80 get fried on the 24hourcampfire?

smile hehe maybe people would be able to understand the guys point of view that way.

He already admitted he could have handled it differently but this is about the language and him feeling his mama was disrespected. So maybe we can all stay along those lines and cut the crap.

Better yet lets rephrase this whole situation. How would you feel or react if someone called you an azzhole to your mother in your mothers house? How would you feel if someone told you to F off in your mothers house?
Anyone every been to a party and been kicked out or seen someone get kicked out for someone direspecting the host? Remember the kid was a guest at that home. ANd remember FC feels his mama was disrespected and the kid had bad language.

@ Cole Younger,
Thanks for having such faith in my judgement. I can only speak of what I see and know. That's what I did here. If he was a POS at work you'd here me say so. Thanks!

Guys I can go on and on but I won't. How would you feel in this situation?
I'd be pi$$ed that it happened in my moms house, I be pi$$ed he talked to my mom that way and I'd be beating my brothers a$$ for hanging around people like that. Then I'd tell the kid he has to watch his mouth or leave. And show I am not joking.
Then I go watch Tred Barta on TV and get more piSt that he can't shoot a bow to save his life and wounds a lot of stuff.
After that I'd go back to the room if the kid is still there, have a talk with him, call it good and be done with it.
Again I'd be just as mad but I would deal with everyone involved. And no one, I repeat no one disrespects my mama, especially in her house.
Thankfully no no one does and thankfully all the campfire members that have met her have loved her food and cooking.

Again agree or disagree, don't let this thread fool you as to FC's LEO ability.

Kique

Its funny to me that you guys think a 14 year old is getting under my skin....

Really, you can't make this stuff up.
I dont understand what me being an LEO has ANYTHING to do with this?!

Enrique, have your mom make me some Ceveche or some Shrimp Cocktail!
You wish!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can I make a post on the "ask the gunwriters" section title: Why did firstcoueswas80 get fried on the 24hourcampfire?

smile hehe maybe people would be able to understand the guys point of view that way.

He already admitted he could have handled it differently but this is about the language and him feeling his mama was disrespected. So maybe we can all stay along those lines and cut the crap.

Better yet lets rephrase this whole situation. How would you feel or react if someone called you an azzhole to your mother in your mothers house? How would you feel if someone told you to F off in your mothers house?
Anyone every been to a party and been kicked out or seen someone get kicked out for someone direspecting the host? Remember the kid was a guest at that home. ANd remember FC feels his mama was disrespected and the kid had bad language.

@ Cole Younger,
Thanks for having such faith in my judgement. I can only speak of what I see and know. That's what I did here. If he was a POS at work you'd here me say so. Thanks!

Guys I can go on and on but I won't. How would you feel in this situation?
I'd be pi$$ed that it happened in my moms house, I be pi$$ed he talked to my mom that way and I'd be beating my brothers a$$ for hanging around people like that. Then I'd tell the kid he has to watch his mouth or leave. And show I am not joking.
Then I go watch Tred Barta on TV and get more piSt that he can't shoot a bow to save his life and wounds a lot of stuff.
After that I'd go back to the room if the kid is still there, have a talk with him, call it good and be done with it.
Again I'd be just as mad but I would deal with everyone involved. And no one, I repeat no one disrespects my mama, especially in her house.
Thankfully no no one does and thankfully all the campfire members that have met her have loved her food and cooking.

Again agree or disagree, don't let this thread fool you as to FC's LEO ability.

Kique

Well this isn't rocket science, "kid, we all use foul language from time to time, but doing so in my parents house and, or in front of my mom, is a bad mistake, can we agree on this?"

If the kid says "ya, I understand" it's over, if he says FU again, slap him silly with an open hand.
I dont understand what me being an LEO has ANYTHING to do with this?!

prolly cause going by the LEO's that are friends of mine they tend to have pretty thick skin and dont complain bout the lil chit much.....
Casey.......heres where i think the major issue is, and keep in mind im only a few years older than you and there is the exact same age spread between you and your younger brother as there is between me and mine as well as a similar gap between me and my older half brother.....

i can pretty well guarantee you your brother doesnt see you as an adult, least not on equal footing with your parents....even though there is a near decade age difference your on pretty equal footing...by extension i guarantee yah his buddies dont view you as an adult......

what happened was not the same as the kid mouthing off to say your dad.....dont matter that your an adult, in this situation your a brother.....

the whole language in front of your mom is a separate deal and completely depends on your mom......wouldnt be a big deal with mine but it would definitely be with others....
Pretty sure TRH will have a juicy youtube video of the OP to post sometime in the near future. Guys like this as LEO's are the reason guys like TRH have video's to post,IMO.
Let it be. If he indeed displays a punkass attitude, he'll be paying the cost for his entire life.
Let me try and explain to you guys one more time...

I have had much worse things said to me and about me than I am an azzhole and a simple 'phuch you'and in several languages. I dont care about that and it actually makes me laugh when people talk to me like that. I get a good chuckle when people try to challenge me because I am a big guy... Challenge always accepted, and I am not a easy guy to get the best of.

I was simply asking if it was Ok for a 14 year old to talk to someone like that. Yes, someone who is older and yes in as a guest someone elses home.

Everyone is making it seem like I am in tears and about to eat my gun because of this. I couldnt care less. Yes, I think the little [bleep] needs to be a taught a lesson but thats not for me to do. Am I offended and upset that he spoke like that directly to my mother? Hell yes, there is no reason for that especially at the age of 14. My mom is not one to get offended by stuff like that, but she was well shocked that the 14 year old had the guts to say that to her to her face in her home. And when I say I spoke to my dad about that, I was telling him what was going on by his sons friends in his house, I figure he has the rite to know whats going on in HIS house. If anyone thinks that as "tattle telling" then so be it. I also asked him how he would have handled it had he known what was going on... His reaction... "...Ida kicked that [bleep] out of my house.." Im sure he is a big ole crybaby who is over sensitive too, right?

The funniest part about this thread, to me is soooo many of you think it is completely ok and you would allow not only your son, but other people to speak like that at the age of 14 in your house and around your wife/mother. You all also act as if you would be 100% kosher with some 14 yo [bleep] saying that to you... Guess it really is easy for some people to 'Monday mornin' quarterback'. If he was say 18+ yes it would be different, and yes I would have handled the situation differently... As the saying goes "thems is fighting words" I remember at the age of 14 my dad and I were turkey hunting and I said "Dad, look here is turkey [bleep]." My dad turned around and looked at me with the 'boy, you say that again and I am gonna use some turkey shot on your ass'. Needless to say, I didnt say another 4 letter word until I was 17+
That which sticks in my craw: a 'man' of 25 years can't decipher the proper response to a standard flippant, testosterone-laden pubescent American teen, one whose reaction was par for the course as far as his 'reputation' and self-image being cracked before his peers. I'm virtually certain that if my calky-layshuns is correct, as a 25 year old, you were a teenager six years ago.

Friend, if you have to ask for a compass reading on what you ought to have done in the scenario you describe, morally, ethically, practically or mystically, I have little confidence for those in charge of hiring and firing. No offense meant.

L

P.S. Not for nuttin', but where and when I grew up, given the scene you describe, that 14 year young lad would have had the living shyte knocked out of him for disrespecting an elder. But that was then, this is now...

P.S. Not for nuttin', but where and when I grew up, given the scene you describe, that 14 year young lad would have had the living shyte knocked out of him for disrespecting an elder. But that was then, this is now...

An elder as in the OP or Mom? Foul mouth for sure, but the punk calling the OP a profanity really isn't disrespecting the mother in my opinion..poor judgment for sure, but that is synonymous with 14rs old.
I still dont see how asking about advice on how to handle this situation discredits me as a LEO?

In a LEO setting, shouldnt a younger, less experienced officer ask his superiors for advice on how to handle a situation if unclear on how to deal with it?
I was simply asking if it was Ok for a 14 year old to talk to someone like that. Yes, someone who is older and yes in as a guest someone elses.

Is it ok to walk up to someone you don't really know and call them a homosexual simply because you don't like their taste in music?

Brian.
In a serious manner, no. In a joking manner, yes.

And BTW, I didnt randomly walk up to some one in the street and ask him. So lets compare apples to apples.
words dont bug me, never have......some of the times ive gotten the most pissed was from someone calling me names that would be perfectly fine to the most delicate ears....cussing never has bugged me but i grew up around fairly rough company....

An elder as in the OP or Mom? Foul mouth for sure, but the punk calling the OP a profanity really isn't disrespecting the mother in my opinion..poor judgment for sure, but that is synonymous with 14rs old.

Both. OP quote: "About an hour or so later they come out of their room and this same 14 year old punk tells my MOTHER how I am an "[bleep]"."

That's not disrespecting the lady of the house? Um, OK. Different worlds, I guess I'll have to chalk that up to. Again, where and when I grew up, offending/disrespecting someone's mother or their home just ain't done, especially when under said person's roof. Referring to another member of the family, or even using profanity in the presence of a host/hostess would, should and WILL buy you a proper Bawstin' beatin' in the urban 'hoods. Even amongst enemies that shyte isn't tolerated. Times have changed, clearly, but some things don't change.

I still dont see how asking about advice on how to handle this situation discredits me as a LEO?

At face value, cops are expected I think by citizenry to be professional, even-tempered, cool under pressure and to be prepared for emotionally charged situations and to act accordingly. Many of the calls made to LEOs are domestic in nature, yes? You can't figure out how you should've reacted to an adolescent scorned/humiliated bud of your brother, a friend of the family, who's verbally spouting of--at a jab you threw questioning his manhood let's recall--at you, yet we're supposed to have total confidence in your judgment abilities and situational awareness in a SHTF real life do-or-die situation, where people's lives are potentially at stake? Holy run for the hills, Batman...
In a serious manner, no. In a joking manner, yes.

How did he know you were joking though? As far as I can tell, he's just a friend of your brothers. He doesn't exactly know you, if at all. To him, you're just his friend's jackass older brother who walked in while they were hanging out and insulted his sexuality. If I were him, I would have told you to [bleep] off too.

Saying something to your Mom about it is just typical 14 year old douchebaggery, but here's the thing - he's 14. He's still learning. He doesn't know any better. You, on the other hand, should know better. Popping in on a bunch of 14 year old boys and giving them a hard time isn't going to go well for you 98% of the time. What exactly were you hoping to accomplish there?

Remember, none of this would have happened if you just would have ignored them listening to Ke$ha and just went on with your life like a grown up.

Brian.

At face value, cops are expected to be objectiven and be prepared for emotionally charged situations, many domestic in nature, yes? You can't figure out how you should've reacted to a young teen, a friend of the family, who's verbally spouting of--at a jab you threw questioning his manhood let's recall-- yet we're supposed to have total confidence in your judgment abilities and situational awareness in a SHTF real life do-or-die situation, where people's lives are potentially at stake? Holy run for the hills, Batman...

Lotta truth there.

Brian.

At face value, cops are expected to be objectiven and be prepared for emotionally charged situations, many domestic in nature, yes? You can't figure out how you should've reacted to a young teen, a friend of the family, who's verbally spouting of--at a jab you threw questioning his manhood let's recall-- yet we're supposed to have total confidence in your judgment abilities and situational awareness in a SHTF real life do-or-die situation, where people's lives are potentially at stake? Holy run for the hills, Batman...

A. good thing im not a cop than, huh laugh

B. I am trained on what to do in a SHTF situation... This was, by no means anywhere near that.

0-2
hey WCB,

no one else took offense to it, my brother and his 2 other friends were laughin...

A. good thing im not a cop than, huh laugh

B. I am trained on what to do in a SHTF situation... This was, by no means anywhere near that.

0-2

[Linked Image]

Brian.
hey WCB,

no one else took offense to it, my brother and his 2 other friends were laughin...

Maybe because they know you better than this other kid does and knew you were just joking. Either that, or they were laughing at you, which at this point wouldn't shock me.

Brian.
I had met one of the kids one other time, and the other quite a few... And, no they were laughing at how I was going about it... Which was the intent...

Why do you care what some 14 year old kid says or does? He's 14. Remember when you were 14?

Brian.
The fact that you're stumped between the merits of walking away from a kiddie camp, vanilla wafer conflict with your kid brother's running mate, one that creates a 'I can't back down' situation and a 'hey kid smarten up you're in my mom's house watch the pottymouth' tells me pretty much all I need to know about your style as LEO.

May God help any citizen who needs *real*, in your farking face, blood is gushing, people are busting caps, quick decision means the difference betwixt life and death help and you arrive on the scene. Just sayin'.
I never said I gave [bleep] what he said or does. I care what he says or does around/to my mother.

And when I was 14 and if I was to drop a F bomb I PROMISE you I would have got the leather belt across my ass from my old man.
I never said I gave [bleep] what he said or does. I care what he says or does around/to my mother.

And when I was 14 and if I was to drop a F bomb I PROMISE you I would have got the leather belt across my ass from my old man.

Aha! Now we're getting somewhere. Shot in the dark: ever heard of a fellah named Sigmund Freud by any chance? Nevermind. Were we to delve any deeper, I'd need to start charging. Given the rate of inflation and adjusted for today's economy, that'd run somewhere north of 80 cents an hour...
Aha! Now we're getting somewhere. Shot in the dark: ever heard of a fellah named Sigmund Freud by any chance?

[Linked Image]

Brian.
I went to bed and 4 hours later I get up and this thread is still going on.
This beats reading the news at 0200 with a cup of coffee. Not a bad read as there are some productive posts on here.
Very excited at how after over 120 posts we are getting not only to understanding what is the issue, but advice on how to handle it better.

Man I love my coffee and laughs in the morning. Thanks guys!
Time to get the uniform on and get to work.
OK so all this therapy seems to be getting you somewhere.

Originally Posted by "firstcoueswas80"
Was I probably wrong for going into the room and questioning them? Probably so

If you could just dwell on your comment there for a little while, you might realize that you instigated the entire situation and are responsible for the out come.

You need to apologize. That don't mean your brothers friend isn't in the same boat but, keep in mind, you didn't only start this, you're the adult in the situation.

BTW, when I flamed you early on in this thread, I hadn't a clue you were in law enforcement and could still careless. It doesn't have a thing to do with the situation you described.

There is another thing that you may be able to read through this thread and find to help you understand your brother and his friend a little better.

In your own words you describe your brother as a "sissy", his friend appears to be of more dominate character.
It might not be the only time the two of them have had to deal with such a situation, if his friend is your brothers defender, why beat him down?

Offer them a little support, shake the kids hand and apologize.
That might set an example to let the kid see he also needs to apologize to your mother.

He don't owe you an apology, how else could a little punk azzed kid defend himself and your brother from a dude your size? Whats he gonna jump up and kick your butt or sumtin? You didn't leave him an out.....

You just might get an apology out of him if you offer one, could be a good building block for that respect you are looking for as well.
Jeff, step off, yo. That's my patient you're trying to poach, and he's in to me for like almost a buck fifty in fees already. Five points a week juice, BTW. Standard.
Have a good day, Enrique, and be safe.

I remember an uncle telling my dad to FO when U was 14 or 15. An uncle I used to have... This was back in the 70's when the F bomb wasn't such common vernacular as today, especially among yutes, and extra especially at adults. This was in a shop setting, mind you, which of course had different rules about language than the home setting where moms and aunts and etc were present. Anyway, dad took one look at grandpa, shock on his face quite appearent, and seeing grandpa wasn't going to say or do anything started towards uncle with full intent of whopping his mouthing off little ass. (for clarity's sake, this is U and G from mom's family. ie dad's inlaws) Grandad immediately got between them and said "don't you lay a hand on that kid!"
Dad was shocked, once again.

He spoke of this incident often as I grew towards and into manhood. He and I both always wondered if things wouldn't have turned out better for that particular uncle if grandpa had let him kick the kid's ass. Or better still had disciplined him himself, not only on this incident but many others, as well. This uncle was forever more mouthy towards adults, especially after having been encouraged by grandpa's actions that day. He was always getting in fights, always in trouble of some sort, in school, at work on the streets and where ever. Problems grew worse as he approached and grew into manhood. Always running with the wrong crowds and always continuing along with that mouth of his, many times getting himself in trouble even among his peers. I should add at this piont that he did take good care of his mother (my grandmother) and wouldn't tolerate disrespect towards women from anyone, but outside the presence of women it was anything goes with this guy. He ended up running with some pretty tough crowds and ended up getting his ass beaten down pretty badly by every one of them. He'd just move along and find the next wrong crowd to run with until he finally alienated them enough to kick his ass, too, and leave him for dead. These crowds were into the drug scene and that got him into more trouble. Downward spiral, faster and faster. In trouble with the law and in trouble with all the crowds he used to be a part of, he ended up with no friends and most of his own relatives resenting or at least avoiding him.
I think if grandpa had let dad beat his butt that day things may have been better for him.

He ended up over dosing on drugs and laying dead on the floor in his mid 40's. By that time he was a broken shell of a man with a broken hearted mother and family. He never did learn proper discipline, from within or without. His life was a disaster. A lot of people who were once friends of his, having heard of his death, said "good".

Take this story for whatever it's worth to ya. I say disciplining a child is a good thing. I gave my brother in law a spanking when he was 14 for all the time saying F this and F that in front of my step-daughter when she was 4 to 5. I had asked him repeatedly to not do it. He'd jsut say "FU". Finally one day I had had enough and let him have it out in the yard. I was 28 or 29 at the time and in the struggle his glasses were broken. He ran to his dad and said "look at my new 180 dollar glasses" thinking his dad would fly off the handle at me. Father in law simply said "well, you should have done as he requested and not used the F word around a little girl." And that was the end of that. That kid (a man now) always had problems but he knew from then on where the lines were drawn and actually turned out pretty good, all things considered. Another story to take for whatever it's worth to ya...

Kique

Your profession will always come into play. I've had many a 14 yr olds telling me to [bleep] off over the years. The nature of today's beast. It don't mean chit to me unless it's someone I'm responsible for....
You brought the whole thing on by your dumb ass question. including the remark to your mother. she diden't respond because she knew the kid was telling the truth. remember your mother knows you better than anyone else in the world. had you asked me that I would of responded by breaking your big nose..keep it out of others business. no I am not gay but I don't care who else is. eek
Jeff, step off, yo. That's my patient you're trying to poach, and he's in to me for like almost a buck fifty in fees already. Five points a week juice, BTW. Standard.

If you were to scroll back, you'd see he was mine, 15 posts ahead of you butting in...

But I'll concede, I'm done, he's all yours.
Good luck collecting your fees. grin

I actually think he has seen the light but still feels the need to spin this into anything he can to get even the thinest thread of support on his side.....

I'd go a hundred bucks to have someone sent this thread to his brother...... smirk
Archerhunter,

Sorry to hear about your uncle and the grief he caused his mother, but I think you hit the nail on the head with:
He never did learn proper discipline, from within or without.

Some never have it in them, and you said yourself, the guy had his butt beat down many a time.

Some people learn the hard way and some people never learn.

No one wants to be disrespected, young or old. The message taken from whipping someone's ass, is, "I can whip your ass".

Not, "you were disrespectful".

It may feel good, it may seem like the thing to do, it may be how things were done, back in the day.

Shame on the father-in-law (the kids Dad) for not disciplining the kid, but at least he stuck up for his own kid.

some folks don't raise their kids right, but that doesn't make it my responsibility to raise them.

Sycamore

Let me try to answer the questions you posed in the original post.
You: What should be done about this little punk?
Me: By you, Nothing, He ain't your problem.
You: It has seriously been on my mind for the past 3 days.
Me: Let it go,,, tie it to a bubble and let it fly free.
You: I talked to my dad about it...
Me: Good,,, It's his son, his son's friend, his wife, his house,,, let him handle it. Your parents can discuss the matter and decide what course of action to take. If you Mother was shocked at his language then she could have ordered him from the premises, and called the local police to enforce her wishes should he refuse.
You: I have no problem being called an [bleep], as I definitely can (be one)
Me: Since you started it by going uninvited into a 14 yr olds room and sticking your nose into their business, you were one. Accept it and walk away.
You: ... but being called that by a 14 year old punk kid and having him drop a F bomb on me makes me want to teach him a lesson.
Me: You cannot teach discipline until you learn discipline . You showed a lack of discipline when you entered the room and acted like an [bleep]. As a side note, the F word is not a "Bomb" to a 25 year old man or a 14 year old boy. Don't play the pious card,,, I'll wager that you and your peers use the word all the time.
You: If he wants to talk like an adult, should he be treated by an adult?
Me: No, because he is not an adult. You know it and he knows it, and all of society knows it. A rhetorical question as an example. If a 14 year girl acts like an adult, can I jump her bones like an adult? Not hardly. The results in court to such a defense are predictable.
You: I'm not saying whoop his ass, but I would like to THROW him out of the house... Would that be out of line?
Me: Yes. Very out of line. First of all, how ya gonna' do it? If you tell him to leave, gently or forcefully, you'll probably get another "F-Bomb" for your collection. And should you be stupid enough to lay so much as a finger upon his body, He'll be in the ER with an injured back, while his Mommy is on the phone to the PoPo getting a Criminal Complaint, and his Daddy is on the phone to his lawyer starting the Civil Action. Heads you lose, tails you lose.
Bottom line, IMHO,,, Learn from the experience and walk away.

Originally Posted by Hubert
You brought the whole thing on by your dumb ass question. including the remark to your mother. she diden't respond because she knew the kid was telling the truth. remember your mother knows you better than anyone else in the world. had you asked me that I would of responded by breaking your big nose..keep it out of others business. no I am not gay but I don't care who else is. eek

Want my address so you can attempt to break my nose?

Are you a slow learner??

Some of us have tried to be patient and hope you'd take this as a learning experience and not just brutal criticism.

You went around talking trash to a 14 year-old who is NOT your son and NOT your brother. In other words, you had no business saying "boo" to the kid. Then, he had the UNMITIGATED GALL to actually say something back to you. NOW, you want to act like your mother grew up in Victorian England, and shouldn't have to tolerate the moral injustice of hearing the word "a**hole" uttered in her home to describe her son that goes around calling kids "homos".

I don't care if it was in your mom's house or not. The fact of the matter is, most mom's teach their children to be polite to house guests, even when their appearance or behavior might make that somewhat difficult. Apparently, you didn't learn that lesson, either.

The fact that you're a cop and we're not getting through to you IS scary. For US, and for YOU. I'd hate to see you lose your job/get called to appear in front of internal affairs because someone got under your skin or didn't show you enough respect and you took it too far.

You have certain responsibilities as an LEO to not respond to every little slight/insult that comes your way. You have the same responsibilities as an ADULT. Calling a kid a "homo" when you're 17 might get you a fistfight or a trip to the principal's office. Calling a kid a "homo" when you're 25 and getting in a fistfight can land you in the pen on federal hate-crime charges.

Please, please. I'm asking you to look at this as a "life-lesson" regarding when and where it is and isn't appropriate to comment on the way people look or act.
You just need to relax! The kids 14 in couple of years he will be 16 and start driving. If your are anything like most of the LEO I know you will get your revenge than. Be patient whistle
..... As far as the OP, I can't see me calling out a punk. If I did and got that response, I pretty much earned it. The swearing in front of mom, though, is something that your brother should be dealing with quick, fast and in a hurry.

+1. Good post!
FWIW, he's not a street cop.
FCW80, what would've happened if the kid told you that he was gay?
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
FWIW, he's Border Patrol not a street cop.
Damm that is retro! I can almost hear the themes from Starsky and Hutch and The Mod Squad playing in the background. I can visualize Robert Blake squinting, his parrot on his shoulder and telling some dude, "don't do the time if you can't do the time". "Many of his fellow officers considered him the most dangerous man alive - An honest cop." laugh
FCW80, what would've happened if the kid told you that he was gay?
Probably "don't touch my junk".
If that were my kid and I found out he talked like that to an adult, he'd get a proper knock upside the head. Use to be kids had respect for adults, doesn't seem to be the case anymore. I can understand him getting upset about the homo reference but dropping an f-bomb is out of line, especially for a 14 year old KID. Yes, he is still a little kid and he should watch his mouth around adults.

Also, your brother should have had a talk with him about his foul mouth without feeling he has to punch the chit out of him for it too.
I rock it old school. cool
Let me try and explain to you guys one more time...

I have had much worse things said to me and about me than I am an azzhole and a simple 'phuch you'and in several languages. I dont care about that and it actually makes me laugh when people talk to me like that. I get a good chuckle when people try to challenge me because I am a big guy... Challenge always accepted, and I am not a easy guy to get the best of.

I was simply asking if it was Ok for a 14 year old to talk to someone like that. Yes, someone who is older and yes in as a guest someone elses home.

Everyone is making it seem like I am in tears and about to eat my gun because of this. I couldnt care less. Yes, I think the little [bleep] needs to be a taught a lesson but thats not for me to do. Am I offended and upset that he spoke like that directly to my mother? Hell yes, there is no reason for that especially at the age of 14. My mom is not one to get offended by stuff like that, but she was well shocked that the 14 year old had the guts to say that to her to her face in her home. And when I say I spoke to my dad about that, I was telling him what was going on by his sons friends in his house, I figure he has the rite to know whats going on in HIS house. If anyone thinks that as "tattle telling" then so be it. I also asked him how he would have handled it had he known what was going on... His reaction... "...Ida kicked that [bleep] out of my house.." Im sure he is a big ole crybaby who is over sensitive too, right?

The funniest part about this thread, to me is soooo many of you think it is completely ok and you would allow not only your son, but other people to speak like that at the age of 14 in your house and around your wife/mother. You all also act as if you would be 100% kosher with some 14 yo [bleep] saying that to you... Guess it really is easy for some people to 'Monday mornin' quarterback'. If he was say 18+ yes it would be different, and yes I would have handled the situation differently... As the saying goes "thems is fighting words" I remember at the age of 14 my dad and I were turkey hunting and I said "Dad, look here is turkey [bleep]." My dad turned around and looked at me with the 'boy, you say that again and I am gonna use some turkey shot on your ass'. Needless to say, I didnt say another 4 letter word until I was 17+

What part of " You started it" don't you understand? If you would have kept your MOUTH shut,this wouldn't have transpired! Can we drop it now?
So�.

I�m not older than dirt BUT when I was a kid Dirt was a novelty�.

By way of credentials� I have 3 sons, my youngest son is 23 and oldest 27.

The way I see it� there are at least 3 problems.

1: You started it when you were �joking� with a kid you did not know. The fact the other kids were laughing only made things worse. I bet you did not do a good job disarming the situation by saying that you were joking and leaving. The kid said FU and while not nice� not unexpected. In this situation someone should have been the adult and that should have been you.

2: The kid cursed while talking to your Mom. That was clearly wrong and your mom or dad should have a talk to your brother and even the kid. If that doesn�t go well, ban the kid� for the way he spoke to your mom� not you.

3: I am not in Montana or Wyoming.

T
FWIW, he's XXXXXXXX not a street cop.

Not sure it's smart to be naming people in their jobs for security reasons, let him revel it if he wants.

Kent
I'm curious what the 11 year age difference has to do with anything. The kid was cussing at a stranger who called him gay, not some granny crossing the street.

And just because people have avoided Darwin into adulthood doesn't give them a free pass to be a jackwagon.
call me gay and you'll get a few words too...
So has your little brother "caught the Homo"?
Have you asked him?
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
If that were my kid and I found out he talked like that to an adult, he'd get a proper knock upside the head. Use to be kids had respect for adults, doesn't seem to be the case anymore.

once again it wasnt "an adult" the kid was addressing it was a buddies older brother.....with both a younger and older brother i have to say it does change things a bit......i didnt give my older brother any more respect just cause he turned 21 and my younger brother didnt give me any more either and by extension their friends fell in the same group.....had he talked to Casey's dad like that i would side with you......
"Used to be..." that strangers talking to 14 year olds about sex was creepy.
any dude that wears skinny pants needs to do a ball check in the first place!

ML
So your telling me firstcousewas80 isn't an adult? He's 25 and rather you like it or not and in the eyes of the law, that makes him an adult. Since that house belonged to his parents, he should have just kicked the little [bleep] our of the house and been done with it, that's what I would have done.

I'm not asking anyone to side with me or anyone else, I just stated my opinion on the matter, like everyone else did.
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
So your telling me firstcousewas80 isn't an adult? He's 25 and rather you like it or not and in the eyes of the law, that makes him an adult. Since that house belonged to his parents, he should have just kicked the little [bleep] our of the house and been done with it, that's what I would have done.

I'm not asking anyone to side with me or anyone else, I just stated my opinion on the matter, like everyone else did.

im saying in this case, not really, not in this context.....he is an older brother and unless your older brother is buying you beer age rarely factors into anything.....take it your an only kid? rules change a bit when you talk family....between brothers respect is earned not given cause age....

the kid should have a talking to bout the language infront of Casey's mom but a brothers buddy telling you to [bleep] off is a fair blow, ages involved aint an issue....
It's Mom's (or Dad's, whichever lives there) responsibility to say if the kid stays or goes.
No, I'm not an only kid, what does that have to do with it? It's obvious we both grew up in in different eras, when I was growing up I was taught to respect my elders and yes, someone 11 years older than me is my elder. And besides, did the OP pick this kid out and ask him if he was gay?? According to what I read, he didn't yet this punk decided to take it upon himself to speak for the 3 of them and tell him F U. His brother should have said something, not his friend.
no chit......i respected my dad, my uncles, aunts, grandfather....dad woulda put me in the ICU saying the wrong thing in front of or to my two either of my grandmothers.....brothers are a whole separate category where age dont really matter.....we terrorize each other now that we are all adults just as much as when we were growing up.....nothing changed with age other than bout the time my baby brother hit 16 we all suddenly were on pretty equal footing as far as physical abilities and no one had the strength advantage anymore.....
What we need here is an attitude adjustment.
Originally Posted by 700LH

Yeah...the little long-haired, maggot-infested FM-type, in my world, would have gotten a knot on his head. That's how I grew up and it worked fine. One never got mouthy with a friend's older brother unless one wanted one's azz whipped. Then the little schit compounded it by swearing at his buddy's mother. Face it, the little turd needs his azz whipped, and then to be sure and communicate to him clearly where he is on the food chain...

...the fugging bottom.

...at Mom's suggestion.
Originally Posted by ltppowell

...at Mom's suggestion.
You betcha!
It's Mom's house, mom's rules.
It was her place to correct the boy, if what he said was offensive to her.
The "[bleep] you" in the bed room was apparently out of her hearing and is a completely different affair. Although this seems to be what set the OP off in the first place
Insult a man or boy by questioning his sexuality 14 or 114 is grounds to be told what was said. Age difference in this case has Nada to do with it IMHO, but, it wasn't my home.
Originally Posted by fburgtx

Are you a slow learner??

Some of us have tried to be patient and hope you'd take this as a learning experience and not just brutal criticism.

You went around talking trash to a 14 year-old who is NOT your son and NOT your brother. In other words, you had no business saying "boo" to the kid. Then, he had the UNMITIGATED GALL to actually say something back to you. NOW, you want to act like your mother grew up in Victorian England, and shouldn't have to tolerate the moral injustice of hearing the word "a**hole" uttered in her home to describe her son that goes around calling kids "homos".

I don't care if it was in your mom's house or not. The fact of the matter is, most mom's teach their children to be polite to house guests, even when their appearance or behavior might make that somewhat difficult. Apparently, you didn't learn that lesson, either.

The fact that you're a cop and we're not getting through to you IS scary. For US, and for YOU. I'd hate to see you lose your job/get called to appear in front of internal affairs because someone got under your skin or didn't show you enough respect and you took it too far.

You have certain responsibilities as an LEO to not respond to every little slight/insult that comes your way. You have the same responsibilities as an ADULT. Calling a kid a "homo" when you're 17 might get you a fistfight or a trip to the principal's office. Calling a kid a "homo" when you're 25 and getting in a fistfight can land you in the pen on federal hate-crime charges.

Please, please. I'm asking you to look at this as a "life-lesson" regarding when and where it is and isn't appropriate to comment on the way people look or act.

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black on the slow learner...

I have said atleast twice on this very thread but Ill say it ONE MORE TIME just for you.

I AM NOT A C O P!!! Youre a moron
Y'all need to step back from this thread and take a breath or two. Maybe quaff a 6 pack while you're at it.

Geesh.....
I think he works for TSA? laugh
TSA, is that the Touchin Stuff Assn.?
Testical searching arseholes. grin
Kiss off fool.
I AM NOT A C O P!!! Youre a moron

Cop/Border Patrol/whatever. Sorry you're insulted to be lumped in with "garden variety" cops and not receive the "respect" you deserve. See a pattern here????

You are truly a class act. Grow up, move on, stop trying to push around little boys in your Mommy's house, tough guy...

I'm done taking this horse to the water, maybe someone else can make him drink.
Would you have made the same comment to another adult? You lowered yourself down to his level and he treated you like another adolescent. If you had acted like an adult he would probably have treated you like one.
Would you have made the same comment to another adult? You lowered yourself down to his level and he treated you like another adolescent. If you had acted like an adult he would probably have treated you like one.

Please let me know (other than the slow learner comment) what was out of line. I didn't say he was stupid. I didn't say he was retarded. I simply said he was a "slow learner" (slow to learn a lesson). Thanks.
Pretty sure JMR40 was responding to Firstcoueswas80, not you hombre.

Brian.
Got it. Anyway, sorry if the "slow learner" comment offended. I really think we can all learn something from moments like this, and then again, some never learn.
Ain't your fault the boy is stupid.

Brian.

In a LEO setting, shouldnt a younger, less experienced officer ask his superiors for advice on how to handle a situation if unclear on how to deal with it?

No disrespect intended, I am pretty pro-leo, but I think the point made was that if you have to ask advice on something so unimportant and simple to handle, you are going to really struggle with the harder stuff, such as how to handle rude and obnoxious adults who aren't as dumb as dirt like a smart ass 14 yr old. I think that after you age about ten years you will have a better understanding on how unimportant this really is. His attitude is his parent's problem to deal with. All you need to do is lay down the unacceptable and move on.

That being said, thanks for putting your life on the line as a professional choice.
Originally Posted by 1minute
Let it be. If he indeed displays a punkass attitude, he'll be paying the cost for his entire life.

Agreed, it will eventually catch up to him.

No disrespect intended, I am pretty pro-leo, but I think the point made was that if you have to ask advice on something so unimportant and simple to handle, you are going to really struggle with the harder stuff, such as how to handle rude and obnoxious adults who aren't as dumb as dirt like a smart ass 14 yr old.

Prezactly!..

If you were to scroll back, you'd see he was mine, 15 posts ahead of you butting in...

But I'll concede, I'm done, he's all yours.
Good luck collecting your fees. grin

I actually think he has seen the light but still feels the need to spin this into anything he can to get even the thinest thread of support on his side.....

I'd go a hundred bucks to have someone sent this thread to his brother...... smirk

You're right. Pardon me my mistake, Dr. As a matter of professional courtesy, I'm going to have to withdraw my services. As the patient was yours, I'm going to have my assistant send you a referral fee for 25%. What's that work out to, like 35 cents? Oh, well. Creative tax filings ought to smooth it on out.

T'anks fer t'giggle. wink
Originally Posted by ltppowell

...at Mom's suggestion.

Yep, two separate and different incidents here.

1: Telling FCW80 to [bleep] off...the response was appropriate whether each was serious or kidding. That's it, nothing more.

2: Telling Mom FCW80 is an azzhole...well it could be true, and seems to be at least somewhat true...using the curse words to his mom and in their house...well, if mom wasn't offended enough to react by either telling the kid to get out, telling the younger brother to remove his friend, or asking to have him removed by "Mr. I'm so big and tough I make an effort to go [bleep] with 14 year olds" then it's a non-starter issue as far as FCW80 is concerned.

FWIW, the more FCW80 tries to convince us that he's big and tough, and everybody else is sissy and gay...the less I believe both.

JMHO, YMMV
As the patient was yours, I'm going to have my assistant send you a referral fee for 25%. What's that work out to, like 35 cents? Oh, well. Creative tax filings ought to smooth it on out.

T'anks fer t'giggle. wink

Idunno about the 25% you offer so quickly. I'll have to turn this matter over to my legal department for review. Shouldn't be a problem but we have to keep this on the up and up.
No need for concern, our legal representatives are well known for being fair and non-bias in all matters. We use "Big Stick P.A." law firm. laugh
© 24hourcampfire