Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
FVA Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by firstcoueswas80
1) I own my own home an hour away from here. I was visiting for the weekend.

2) I am MORE than willing to deal with consequences of someone getting upset about that... I can more than handle myself...

You guys really think its ok for a 14 year old to talk like that period? You think its ok for a 14 year old to go to my 54 year old mother and tell her her son is an [bleep]? If I spoke like that when I was his age I got a back hand, if not worse!

Al Bundy would take em by the back of the neck and ram their face into the door frame on the way out the door.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This is totally Whiskey Tango..

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
When faced with WT---Call Chuck Norris!

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

FVA Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco

Hence the Al Bundy response recommendation. Of course Al would of done it immediately and without asking.

F
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Shocked
Campfire Outfitter
F

Last edited by firstcoueswas80; 11/21/10.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Can I change my answer? If so, I think that kid needs a good tasing! Let us all know when it's on youtube.

BTW, did you get made fun of/beat up a lot as a kid? I'm thinking for a 25 year old man to get riled up about a young teenager, you've got to have had some anger issues relating to childhood. How'd I do? Free psychiatric help on the web is pretty cool!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
To the OP,
that situation would have made me upset, also.
Especially talking to your mother that way.

I would tell him, firmly, to leave the premises, without laying a finger on him-this, if it happens again.

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I would of slapped the $hit out of the little [bleep].

Whats this world coming to when an older brother cant be a dick to his little brother's friends??? smile

F
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Shocked
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by lhonda
Can I change my answer? If so, I think that kid needs a good tasing! Let us all know when it's on youtube.

BTW, did you get made fun of/beat up a lot as a kid? I'm thinking for a 25 year old man to get riled up about a young teenager, you've got to have had some anger issues relating to childhood. How'd I do? Free psychiatric help on the web is pretty cool!

Nope. Never had a problem with that. I have always been bigger, stronger than 98% of everyone I know. Plus, I have been in several fights protecting others... For example the handicapped little brother of one of my high school girl friends.... 3 on 1.... The one (me) won.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
So, I know its preliminary results, but so far the general consensus indicates you are a loser...

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bristoe
You implied that a 14 year old kid was a homo, and he told you pretty much what any heterosexual male will tell you under those circumstances.

You're 25.

It's time to stop aggrevating kids.

Sorta what I was thinking. I mean if he'd heard them in there packing fudge, then that would be different. Questioning their sexual orientation because of their poor tastes in music? I think that rates a "[bleep] off" too. And living at home with the 14 year old brother and parents means the OP doesn't carry any "adult clout" in that house...14 year old brother still probably remembers when he was a punk assed teenager too. If he wanted to start some schit, shoulda been prepared to get that response and finish what he started. The "fight" was won by the "punk friend" when he didn't finish what he started.

Edit to add: See that the OP doesn't live there. Slight difference, but still not that much.

Last edited by .280Rem; 11/21/10.

War Damn Eagle!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Laffin.................
Most of the advice you have been here is worth what you paid for it!
It's a prime example of what's wrong with America today!
I grew up with six uncles as father figures and they did things ALOT different than the advice you are getting here. Never forget the time one of them got beat pretty badly and the guy that done the beating got put it the local jail for it. Law enforcement didn't think it was so funny that my uncle's other brothers tried to bail the guy out.
My have times have changed.

B.C. don't matter.............Laffin!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I wonder what music "firstcoues" listens to..

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Your mother should have told your brother not to bring that turd back unless he can keep a civil tongue in his head. My mother did that to my older brother on several occasions and his choice of friend did improve somewhat.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by raghorn
Laffin.................
Most of the advice you have been here is worth what you paid for it!
It's a prime example of what's wrong with America today!
I grew up with six uncles as father figures and they did things ALOT different than the advice you are getting here. Never forget the time one of them got beat pretty badly and the guy that done the beating got put it the local jail for it. Law enforcement didn't think it was so funny that my uncle's other brothers tried to bail the guy out.

difference being the legal system today......a 14 year old smarting off aint worth a record.....there are times when its worth knocking a lil sense into someone, in this day and age this aint one of them....

had the same thing happened to me, my lil brother woulda set his buddy straight, i wouldnt have had to.....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Casey...If you had not made the homo insinuation you wouldn't be agitated right now...lesson learned??? YOU were the one that instigated the cussing outburst & the whole thing comes full circle back to YOU as being the perpetrator...
How would you feel if his parents took exception to your insinuation & decided to "talk" to your superiors???
Remember Mark Fuhrman...the detective of OJ fame???? What was it that he said when asked if he'd ever used the "N" word???
Being in LE you need to keep in mind that things you say CAN eventually come back & bite you in the ass...

One other thing...it may not be the smartest thing to "talk" to his parents about this either...let the whole episode die if it will & if you're looking for respect, keep in mind that you need to give it to get it...

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
So bottom line, what of the OP, creates the need to ask if he is gay? Don't quite get that.

I do know, like Sam said, we did a lot of interesting if not downright stupid stuff when kids at times.

Heck I road around with a rainbow sticker on the back window of my truck cause I love rainbows and thought it was cool, never knew any better till much later.

Kids nowdays need to show some more respect than they do. They have forgotten yes sir and no mam etc... most of em anyway. But clothes and music.... wtf... my uncle thought I was going to hell anyway since we listened to AC/DC and still do.....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by FVA
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco

Hence the Al Bundy response recommendation. Of course Al would of done it immediately and without asking.

Al would have done it if the kids were wearing those pants in his house, or listening to that music, or....

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by raghorn
Never forget the time one of them got beat pretty badly and the guy that done the beating got put it the local jail for it. Law enforcement didn't think it was so funny that my uncle's other brothers tried to bail the guy out.

grin

I like their style.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by firstcoueswas80
1) I own my own home an hour away from here. I was visiting for the weekend.

2) I am MORE than willing to deal with consequences of someone getting upset about that... I can more than handle myself...

You guys really think its ok for a 14 year old to talk like that period? You think its ok for a 14 year old to go to my 54 year old mother and tell her her son is an [bleep]? If I spoke like that when I was his age I got a back hand, if not worse!

If I understand from reading correctly in this thread, you're a LEO?

Lots of lessons to be learned here that will serve you well in life and your profession. The kid was out of line for using any type language like that to your mother, about you or anyone. Frankly though, he was right in this one instance. Your 25, let your 14 year old brother and his friends go through their punk teens.

I gotta question the need to assert your manhood and go make an effort to do that in the first place.

As for the dealings with you? As has been stated, you started it. You might be able to handle yourself, but you got no right to go around calling other men, or young men, gay and then expecting a "respectful response" out of them. And like another said, you're 25 and beat up a 14 year old, you're a bully, and maybe an out of work bully too. Back down, as you did, and you're a pu$$Y. Lesson learned.

A similar true story: A prick I went to law school with got a job fresh out as an Asst. DA. One day he's in his neighborhood and a kid drives by with the radio up too loud. This prick yells at him, and gets the finger in return...hops in his car to chase the kid to his house, and gets in a nya nya match with him, and the kid winds up essentially telling him to get [bleep] (which I had to do in the middle of a UCC class one time...and the guy was such a prick the professor laughed about it). My prick buddy b!tch slapps the punk, and was in the soup line the next day. Made the news too...very embarrassing...all over a punk and some loud music. No doubt the kid was a punk, and probably needed a beat down...but it was the wrong time and place, and the wrong way to go about it.

Last edited by .280Rem; 11/21/10.

War Damn Eagle!

Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

412 members (12344mag, 160user, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 12savage, 17CalFan, 53 invisible), 1,861 guests, and 1,168 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,089
Posts18,521,999
Members74,024
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.