R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Kinda liking UT

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Wouldn't mind living in this area again...

Google Maps

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
TriCities, WA.

Close to everything and no heavy industry. Columbia, snake and Yakima rivers converge here, deer, elk, ducks, geese, plains game, birds, wineries, brewerys, local gun club with a 100 yard rifle, 22, cowboy, skeet, clays and 1,000 yard high power range.

Divorcees, if you're into that kinda thing, abound with good jobs who just want to use your body and send you in your way (or so I've been told).

what's not to like?

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
TriCities, WA

Hanford

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No one lives on Hanford.

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hanford site is 20 or 30 miles NW from the Tri-Cities. Prevailing winds flow primarly east, and SE a lot.
If you want to live that close downwind from a nucular waste site go for it.
I have spent a lot of time in the Tri-Cities and although Ok in many respects I would wanna live there 24/7.

The Boat races usta be a blast to go to.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Salmonella
Originally Posted by 4ager

When Kalifornicators invade, the good life, freedom, liberty, and the American way are in jeopardy.

Ditto that for New Yawkers, Joisey, and Illinauseans.

The truth and the facts are evident.

Your friends left the PRK, but did the PRK leave them? Will others bring it with them to f'k up yet another good place to be?

Your continued support of PRK agendas through your continued presence there (and this funding it through your tax dollars) says a good bit, too.

OK.

Howabout you and me show the rest of the 'Fire our lives in pictures and let them decide who lives the better life, and who they'd rather have as a neighbor.
You up for that?

Yawn. Ain't judging your life, nor giving a damn about you judging mine or anyone else's. Seeing what Kalifornicators can, have, and will do to decent places to be doesn't take a genius, though. The evidence abounds, has been cited, and can't be refuted. The truth, obviously, hurts.

Sal, my beef isn't with you. I've seen the evidence that you hunt and fish. The problem is with those Kalifornicators that leave the PRK and bring their PRK ideals with them. They move in and turn what was a good place to be into a mini-PRK. Bozeman, Boulder, Boise, years ago it was Portland and Seattle.

Hell, you even agree: https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth..._287_000_plus_Californians_v#Post8920724

See the same sentiments in the thread about the PRK banning lead ammunition for hunting; your words, not mine.

It's similar with New Yawkers, Joisey, and Illinauseans (damnyankees in general). They move out of those chitholes and to damned good placed to be, and then turn them into little copies of the chitholes they left.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by David_Walter
TriCities, WA.

Close to everything and no heavy industry. Columbia, snake and Yakima rivers converge here, deer, elk, ducks, geese, plains game, birds, wineries, brewerys, local gun club with a 100 yard rifle, 22, cowboy, skeet, clays and 1,000 yard high power range.

Divorcees, if you're into that kinda thing, abound with good jobs who just want to use your body and send you in your way (or so I've been told).

what's not to like?

I like the whole Columbia Basin the wife was born in Yakima and raised in Quincy and Othello. The only problem I have with the area is it's loaded with Wetbacks and the 100 degree + days in the Summer. When we go to the Eastside and the Heart of the Columbia Basin my Columbia Basin Bred wife can't wait to get back to the Westside of the State.

de 73's Archie - W7ACT

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by derby_dude

Right where I am, Montana. Moved here in 81 and am still here.

I've spent quite a bit of time up near Ronan in the spring hauling Seed Potatos out of that area and remember a quote from one of the locals, it goes something like this about the weather:

"If you don't life the weather here wait ten minutes and it will change!"

With that said, it pretty much says it for the weather in that area. Although I do remember one New Years Weekend I spent in Missoula at the 4B's Truck Stop it was -45 degrees all weekend. I was driving a Herford Hilton along with five other Bull Haulers to get six loads of cattle out of Ronan on New Years Eve before the cattle froze to death. We all arrived at the sales yard in Ronan to find no cattle in residence. We finally found the cattle on Tuesday morning after the holiday weekend and transported them to a warmer climate, Moses Lake were it was only -25.

That trip brings to mind the story of the Californian who purchased property in Montana and spent his first winter there only to return to California in the spring.

de 73's Archie - W7ACT

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
(snip)

Population centers are where the wages are to support businesses - groceries, car dealers, stores, etc. etc. Not that there aren't jobs in sparsely populated places, but try to break into that job market where everyone knows everyone - why should they hire someone from 1000 or 2000 miles away when someone local can fill the position? It can be done, I did it but it took years.

Combine that with the fact that while Westerners are generally very friendly, they like folks who come and visit and then leave. They don't like seeing their West subdivided and overpopulated any more than anyone else. And the more folks come here the more folks already here don't want to see any more - especially if they want to turn "here" into what their home was "back there" - again, same as anywhere. I've lived here 24 years but in 1990 I was just another new guy from the East so I know I was just as much part of that problem as anybody nowadays.

Good luck to anyone who wants to move "out West". I'm serious, I truly wish you the best and hope you can live that dream. Just be aware that the population is growing everywhere and therefore "the West" is shrinking about as rapidly as everywhere else, and any place that isn't growing is remaining stagnant for a reason.

That's it in a nutshell. I still think south central AK is the best compromise location with both nearby wilderness and high paying and we have the two semi saving graces of massive park land and harsh winters to slow the urban sprawl. That said, Anchorage is becoming as diverse as any other major city and things are only going to get worse in terms of the voting population swinging to the blue side and the majority of the population influx is from third world refuges which will just increase the drain on government services.

But I'm closer to the woods than the hood.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 700LH
I don't recall the trees growing sideways in Grangeville like they do in Twin

That's Utah's fault........

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Kotzebue,

las has a lot of cool chit I could borrow while he's working and if I get stuck or break down he'll come rescue me.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
Originally Posted by lvmiker
Jim In Idaho, thanks for the tip, it will be a relief to be able to avoid those gnarly mountains and soak up some serious culture. The locals are way too friendly and prefer beer and whiskey to a refined white wine so it will be great to meet a more sophisticated and judgemental group.
you are kidding, right?

mike r

I sure hope so. Guess we'll both find out... wink

Update: I went through Stanley on Friday, 9/5 about lunchtime and am pleased to report that I did not see any hippie wagons or art fairs anywhere along the way. There was, however, a plethora of establishments willing to guide one on river rafting or fishing trips.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
And to think in the middle of Anchorage one could find a little pond all to themselves (and a few ducks) to spend their lunch hour and enjoy the view with not a human in sight.

[Linked Image]

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
I'll take western North Carolina or western Pennsylvania.

Sssshhhhh.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

632 members (007FJ, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 1moredeer, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 65 invisible), 2,436 guests, and 1,205 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,411
Posts18,470,409
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.