Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 29 of 29 1 2 27 28 29
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 4ager
Originally Posted by RickyD
Your "understanding" of the Bible and Christianity is perverted by your disdain and, likely, hatred of it. I strongly doubt it is obtained by a Biblical study, but from books whose sole purpose is to demean and trivialize the Bible and related faiths. As such, discussing Bible borne faith and matters with you is futile, as you have no faith and no valid understanding of the Bible. I believe the only reason you post on and start threads related to faith, is to demean that faith and primarily to persuade the weak in their faith, that such "nonsense" is invalid. Obviously, some believe they may persuade you otherwise and bring you to the light, so to speak. I've long kicked off the dust from those sandals and know the only way you will find faith is the hard way, if at all, as pride will not permit otherwise.

Anyway, I thought this thread was about the religion of Atheism, right?

Even if your post is true and accurate on all points, it would simply mean that he's doing exactly the same and for the same reasons as most of the "christians" here do with, for, and to any other belief systems (or even certain sects of Christianity itself). The shoe doesn't feel so good when it's on the other foot, now does it?

Even if your post is true and accurate on all points, it would simply mean that he's doing exactly the same and for the same reasons as most of the "christians" here do with, for, and to any other belief systems (or even certain sects of Christianity itself). The shoe doesn't feel so good when it's on the other foot, now does it?
Your post, although nonsensical, is immaterial to me. Obviously, you feel the same disdain for most of the "christians" here since that is what you just said. Not that I could care less, because as to what you think, I don't.

I feel disdain for hypocrites, and a PILE of "christians" here exemplify that.

The post is not nonsensical in the least, but your pissy little huffing fit is icing on the cake. The "christians" here haven't read anything about another belief system save that of a "christian" author calling it the work of Satan or some other tripe. They treat everything about any other belief with disdain and hatred, including other sects of Christianity (the Catholic bashing was an epic display of that). You can't stand to have such pointed out so painfully while trying to pull the victim card in your "christian" religious self-righteousness.

That you don't care, or don't claim to care, what I think or cast me in the "he hates Christians" light is truly laughable.

Last edited by 4ager; 04/07/15. Reason: Added the parts Ricky left out

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by BarryC

Tell me again about that great atheist awakening that put an end to slavery in the US & Britain.

Oh. wait, never mind. That didn't happen.

It was called "The Enlightenment".

It started in Europe long before that and was led by Popes and Christian kings.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abolition_of_slavery_timeline

Islam is a terrorist organization.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Your "understanding" of the Bible and Christianity is perverted by your disdain and, likely, hatred of it. I strongly doubt it is obtained by a Biblical study, but from books whose sole purpose is to demean and trivialize the Bible and related faiths. As such, discussing Bible borne faith and matters with you is futile, as you have no faith and no valid understanding of the Bible. I believe the only reason you post on and start threads related to faith, is to demean that faith and primarily to persuade the weak in their faith, that such "nonsense" is invalid. Obviously, some believe they may persuade you otherwise and bring you to the light, so to speak. I've long kicked off the dust from those sandals and know the only way you will find faith is the hard way, if at all, as pride will not permit otherwise.

Maybe you should take a look as seen who actually started this thread?

Next, I suggest you take a look at the last thread I started on Easter and Christianity and show me where I was in any was disrespectful to Christians:

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...s/9735625/So_much_for_free_speech_on_Eas

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

Maybe you should take a look as seen who actually started this thread?

Next, I suggest you take a look at the last thread I started on Easter and Christianity and show me where I was in any was disrespectful to Christians:

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...s/9735625/So_much_for_free_speech_on_Eas

Now why did you go and use facts to get in the way of Ricky's attempt to play a holier-than-thou victim? Sheesh.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E

Your position is completely untenable.

You say you disdain the hypocrisy of individuals who fail to live up to a set of ideals, and posit an ideal of your own (that people ought not argue in favor of their beliefs) while arguing that your ideal is superior to the ideals of others, making yourself exactly the same as those you disdain.

Do you disdain yourself, or merely hold some who fall short of their ideals to a different standard than others?

Don't answer the latter; that'd make you a hypocrite. crazy

Untenable is your position...

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by efw

Your position is completely untenable.

You say you disdain the hypocrisy of individuals who fail to live up to a set of ideals, and posit an ideal of your own (that people ought not argue in favor of their beliefs) while arguing that your ideal is superior to the ideals of others, making yourself exactly the same as those you disdain.

Do you disdain yourself, or merely hold some who fall short of their ideals to a different standard than others?

Don't answer the latter; that'd make you a hypocrite. crazy

Untenable is your position...

W.T.F. are you talking about?

E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
Untenable means your position cannot be held logically.

Give it a goog wink !

You're criticizing people here for falling short of an ideal (Aka hypocrisy) and for using their belief system to beat up others.

Which means you're doing exactly what you criticize them for; you're using your belief system to beat them up.

Circular. No matter how you look at it, you're just like those over whom you claim righteous indignation.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm criticizing them for not even coming close to upholding the religious tenets they state they believe in..

I'm using THEIR belief system for that, not mine. There's nothing circular in that.

Show me the "hate" Commandment, for starters, please.

E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
Hate commandment?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The Commandment, those things Christians are supposed to live by, that authorizes hatred and especially the abject and virulent kind. Show me that one please.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Or, better yet (since some "christians" posit that the OT is null and void - except when they don't want it to be) the directions by Jesus that allows and encourages the same kind of hatred over and above "believe in Him" and "love thy neighbor".

Let's start with the hatred angle on the hypocrisy of some "christians", as judged by their own belief system.

E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
Why do you imply that I expressed something hateful?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I am not implying that you did at all. My apologies if that insinuation came through. There are plenty of "christians" here, though, that embody hate far more than the teachings of Jesus. Them, I judge by their belief system, as I do others by their own.

T
TF49 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
4ager posted:

"... Them, I judge by their belief system, as I do others by their own."

Stunning insight!

TF

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by 4ager

W.T.F. are you talking about?

[Linked Image]

Page 29 of 29 1 2 27 28 29

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (10gaugemag, 007FJ, 17CalFan, 1Longbow, 1lessdog, 1badf350, 62 invisible), 2,570 guests, and 1,351 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,469
Posts18,471,408
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.