Hop To
Page 23 of 23 1 2 21 22 23
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Snakes eye view of Arizona..

[Linked Image]

Left over pic from Saturday shooting times...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Well, it seems you got a good record of it for the feds laugh

Thanks,

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
In the first pic,that's my .375 RUM and the later one is EdM .416 Rem.

Side note,will have the .450 Howell ready for Armijo Springs in July.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Good stuff!
Sorry I missed it.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by RoadRunner65
That is a great set of pictures. Can't wait for the rest of them.
I have been busy and tomorrow is my shoulder surgery and I hate posting from my phone, a royal P.I.T.A. laugh but finally found time to post the rest of the story. I got permission from Milo.
If you haven't met him, MILO has to be one of the most easy going, generous person you will meet. He pulled out a couple REALLY nice shot guns while we were shooting clays. I brought something of everything so that if anyone had a preference they would be comfortable shooting.
While Michael and Milo were shooting, Milo stops to watch Michael for a bit, then asks if he has ever shot a side by side. He has not, so Milo let him shoot a nice Stoger 20ga SxS. Once he got comfortable with it, he is knocking down clays as usual. Milo seemed impressed how well Michael handles the shot guns.
Sunday morning, while cleaning up around camp, I had Michael go around to see if anybody needed help. Milo and I had a nice long talk about Michael and scouting and guns. Milo is an Eagle scout by the way. laugh Milo said it looked like Michael enjoyed shooting the SxS and was wondering if he could give it to Michael for his Birthday. I was speechless to say the least. We called Michael over and Milo presents it to him. I couldn't thank him enough. Michael shook his hand and gave him a big hug thanking him. All the way home and since then, all I heard is "this is the best Birthday ever."
To say that everyone is have met from this forum is top notch is an understatement. You couldn't ask for a better group of people.

[Linked Image]

what should be noted from your sons accomplishments is that he is a pretty good kid. I kind of watch kids for their behavior when around them, and after popping doves a couple times with him he is a good hunter and absolutely safe around guns. I was showing my wife these pictures and talking about him. Last year he came over and asked permission to handle some firearms i had sitting on a bench. Small thing maybe, but not to me. I am double sure that shotgun is already a treasured item for him and it went to someone for sure deserving such a thing.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
IC B2

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Brian, glad to see you healing up. Missed you at the rendezvous. Michael kept Ruby busy for you.

Ron (in phx) sorry I missed you on Friday, we didn't pull into camp until almost 8pm. Will catch up with you some other time.

In the mean time I am out if commission after having my shoulder surgery this morning.

[Linked Image]

Only a dingleberry, not yet a Turdlike person, maybe someday!!!
Originally Posted by northern_dave
I am happier than a retard in a room full of bouncy balls right now!!

Joe.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by RoadRunner65
Brian, glad to see you healing up. Missed you at the rendezvous. Michael kept Ruby busy for you.

Ron (in phx) sorry I missed you on Friday, we didn't pull into camp until almost 8pm. Will catch up with you some other time.

In the mean time I am out if commission after having my shoulder surgery this morning.

[Linked Image]

i should send that picture to my wife and daughter. I got another lecture this weekend about seeing the quack for my lousy back.
My answer was when it gets so bad i can't get up maybe then.
hope you put in for elk, i basically just limited it to unit 8 black powder and late cow elk.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Ron, I did put in for Elk, but with only 2 points am not very optimistic on the draw. I need to cleanup my flint lock and get some bullets made for it. I got it when my dad died, have to shot it yet. Don't even know what cal it is. :-)

Only a dingleberry, not yet a Turdlike person, maybe someday!!!
Originally Posted by northern_dave
I am happier than a retard in a room full of bouncy balls right now!!

Joe.
Owl Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thanks for posting the pics for posterity ! What a great time had by all.

James Pepper: There's no law west of Dodge and no God west of the Pecos. Right, Mr. Chisum? John Chisum: Wrong, Mr. Pepper. Because no matter where people go, sooner or later there's the law. And sooner or later they find God's already been there.
Page 23 of 23 1 2 21 22 23

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

398 members (160user, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 1lesfox, 222ND, 10ring1, 35 invisible), 2,026 guests, and 1,136 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,391
Posts18,469,875
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.