here's another thing that African Americans ignore in regards to whites

Take a look at Appalachia - going back to before the 1900's, those people have been exploited - first for their timber, then once the land was stripped of any value, they went after the mineral rights, buying resources for pennies on the dollar from dirt poor farmers living on a side of a mountaing that could barely grow crops , then for decades paid them in poverty wages to mine those resources out of the ground.

During the depression, Roosevelt created T.V.A. to bring them into the modern era and out of the 19th century, and in the 60's before civil rights, Kennedy was so appalled by their living conditions he declared a war on poverty to pull them out.

The point is that these people have very similar circumstances to Black America since the late 1800's. No, they didn't have to deal with Jim Crow laws but they have been exploited and then have had multiple government interventions with tax payer dollars to get them out of this cycle of poverty.

Instead of taking advantage of this opportunity, or having that 10% lay a foundation for future growth to develop a middle class, they have become a culture noted for having substantive living around government handouts and illegal activities. Not all - some prospered well enough in the coal mines (thru some really hard fought battles) to stay above poverty.

But there are distinct differences - you don't hear about rioting in Appalachia based on police abuse that is really tied to economic conditions, you don't see national leaders come to the aid of those affected by perceived abuse but what you do is the same level of disdain by White America for these people that will not change their culture to get out of this cycle of government dependency, illegal trade and failed opportunity.

While this is my opinion, I really believe working White America has at little tolerance for that Appalachian culture of the generations who look for the government checks for their living as they do for Black America in regards to their rioting and demands for equality.

Last edited by KFWA; 06/15/15.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings