Originally Posted by tominboise
Anschutz all the way, baby. I've had Coopers and Win 52's and still have a bunch of lower end rifles, which I really enjoy for plinking and ventilating various vermin. But the Annie's I have are an order of magnitude above the rest with regards to accuracy. $700 probably won't get you one, but save your money for awhile - it's worth the wait.

The Cooper has a 1/4" at 50 yard guarantee. I dont know anyone else with such a guarantee. Correct me if I am wrong on Cooper or anyone else. I dont have a Cooper, but; I wish I did.

I do have a 64 type Anschutz and it wont eject empties with a scope mounted. This is apparently an on going long term problem with both 54 and 64 series gun "IF" you use a scope. The customer service dept can fix. Unbelievable for $$$ to have this a routine issue. NIB guns. And, yes, I understand the 1416 is less than cost than a Cooper. If I had that scratch I would itch a Cooper over any 54 Annie. For the looks, guarantee and balanced carry. And they work. Heck everybody else can build a 22 the load, shoots and ejects.

My Anschutz 1416 and CZ 453 are both shooting about the same, sub 0.5 but not 0.25 at 50 for 5 shots. Real numbers, not a cliche. I am still playing with both. I think for a sporter/field gun the Annie is way over rated. They are on the heavy side. The CZ American handles better, shoots the same. The 1416 has a better fit & finish and better trigger. I have to tip it sideways to dump the empties. Ridiculous! Cool sounding name though.

For my 4c. To carry all day and hunt, the Ruger American. For combined range and field, under $700 the old CZ 453 or 452 American. For the big money, the Cooper. For Olympic shooting a full blown custom Anschutz probably makes good sense.