If no one noticed it in the article.... the flash flood came thru camp at 4:30 AM.....

They were 20 feet or so above the normal stream bed, but the flash flood supposedly was 23 feet above the stream beds normal flow....

Just like those of us that were at Ed's East Texas Campfire Get2Gether, on Friday night, we got hit instantly by a tornado literally right above us, and it set down on the ground about 250 yds or so from where we all were outside by Ed's House...

I myself had a near miss of a tree trunk falling on me, by inches... if I would have been on step to my right, It would have taken me out, and probably killed me instantly...that was a sobering experience, let me tell ya...

I am sure there boys were huddled in their tents and trying to get some sleep with all the rain, with NO CLUE that a flash flood could happen... I am sure even the camp staff with them had no clue.... first thing they knew it was on them...

that was what happened to us at Ed's Place...wham, it was there, in all its fury...