Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
I think the Honda S2000's are well liked by their owners, and have good power 230+hp, but they quit making them in 2009.

The BMW Z4 got a facelift in 2009 and is still in production. The 6 cyl versions are a beast with 340+ hp, but will be spendy to own.

Miatas are still in production, too. smile

This. My coworker did have a Mini that was factory supercharged, ad to get the timing belt changed it was like $1K, mostly because you have to take apart the front end to do it. They are known for terrible reliability, so while nice, I would pass.

I used to work for the company that made interiors on the Z3 & Z4 (2002-2007). I can show you where the Z3 and earlier Z4 are held together with superglue. Literally. we PAID people to superglue the interior together. Likely not so on later/current models, but with that new one, you better check the engine. some (not sure about this model) of the current BMW's have engines that are factory sealed, so you cannot work on them. Work can ONLY be done at the dealer.

The Honda S2000 is avery nice car, just remember that you can only run premium/hi-test fuel in it. Of all mentioned, that is my personal fave and the one I would likely buy, were in the market for such a car

Psalm 19:14-May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.
_
Humble servant of Jesus Christ. Living His plan and praying to show it in name, word, body, and light.