Originally Posted by iambrb
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
I think the Honda S2000's are well liked by their owners, and have good power 230+hp, but they quit making them in 2009.

The BMW Z4 got a facelift in 2009 and is still in production. The 6 cyl versions are a beast with 340+ hp, but will be spendy to own.

Miatas are still in production, too. smile

This. My coworker did have a Mini that was factory supercharged, ad to get the timing belt changed it was like $1K, mostly because you have to take apart the front end to do it. They are known for terrible reliability, so while nice, I would pass.

You don't have to "take apart the front end". The front body has to be removed (like a race car) to get to most anything on the engine. This adds markedly to the price of most any repair, and is the reason why they are available used, usually from a female, cheap.

A friend bought a supercharged model with 60K miles. He's been driving it 25K/yr for nearly 3yr with zero issues, at least nothing he hasn't been able to fix himself. His commuting speed is about 85mph, and he gets low 30mpg.

The S model is capable of speeds and turns that the stock brakes cannot keep up with, so if you plan to flog it, upgrade the brakes.