Boarmaster,

I too have been using Braid on my spinners, agreed that Mono seems almost unusable in most of my fishing interests now. Tip Wrap being the only annoying feature I have. There was a bit of a learning curve on tying functional knots with it as well.

A significant part of the success or failure is the quality and vintage of the reel. Braid is detested by many folks using spinning reels because the reels are not new enough to have had braid use designed into their function.

Using a newer, higher quality Spinning reel with the use of Braid designed in solves most problems. Braid line stacking on the spool is the primary struggle for older reels. As is spool lip wear, and bail roller wear.

One other thing is to get into the practice of closing the bail by hand after casting. Closing the bail with the handle causes excessive line twist. After a day of casting this twist accumulates. This can cause a frustration with the braid twisting.( Similar to mono actually)

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)