Those 170grain HPCL Remington's are a staple around Rutherford county!
Every single Marlin and Winchester(also one Savage Pump)of the eight who were using 30/30's were using Remington 170grain HPCL.

Federal put's out a 125grain HP in 30/30 that is a exceptional yote and beaver round!
On a forkhorn that was taken 10-miles south of the Headwaters of the Mississippi,the bullet entered on a quartering shot as the buck was walking towards a 14-year old hunter.
She shot and hit right where she aimed but the bullet blew apart the shoulder without entering the chest cavity(about 40yard shot).
We helped track my cousins daughter deer into a tamerac swamp,I scooted up along the west ridge and was waiting at a saddle as my cousins went into the swamp(november+Minnesota=frozen swamp)on the blood trail,jumping the deer which made for the far side through the saddle.
One 405grain slug at 75yards ended the trailing!
It went 197lbs dressed out.
No-one uses anything other than 150grain Winchester HP's,Winchester 170grain SilverTips,or Remington 170grain SPCL or HPCL in their 30/30's anymore among the people I hunt with in two seperate hunting groups(NC/SC and MN).

In the past I have loaded Speer 110grain Flat-nose Hollow-points(.308diameter)for woodchuck stalking with a 30/30.
Explosive is a understatement,but no chuck hit ever crawled back into a hole!
Mike