Originally Posted by Canazes9

Glad the sarcasm wasn't lost on you.

David

What wasn't lost on me is the notion you seem to have that if your 54 years old you can't fight. While it's true, 50-something muscles can't keep up with a 20-something or even a 30-something set of muscles, neither the 20 year old nor the 30 year old has seen near as much of life as the 54 year old has. I speak from experience. I'm 55. I harbor no illusions about being about being a bad-ass, because I'm not. I have, however, been weight training since I was 13, and training in martial arts since I was 18. I don't like to fight and do all I can to avoid it. The training served me well during my 16 year career as a Deputy Sheriff in Brazos County, Texas. My training enables me to stop a fight before one really gets going. That generally means the other guy either can't and doesn't want to continue being an irritant after the initial contact. If I were forced to fight a highly trained 20 year old I'd be in for a world of hurt. But, something I've found about the true bad asses of the non-criminal world; they don't want to fight and will do just about anything to avoid a street fight.