Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by Slavek
Why settle for Pre-64 .375 H&H Winchester when for not a whole lot you can have this....
From Hanks little Flemish factory....

If ones hands are large enough why not? It will require investment in professionally fitted hearing protection (I think it's called Game Ear?) but that is sound investment. Theoretically super Magnum action is preferred for caliber like this, but then one would not end up with lovely 9.5lb rifle that does not require gun boy to carry. Anyhow a big step up from Winchester Model 70 for sure, yes.
Oops, I forgot when you go to the range you will have the range all to yourself. That is the way I like it.

Yep. That's what I need. A hunting rifle with an AK suppressor pinned on the end of it...

this glossing over the fact that I can't stand ported hunting rifles anyway of any kind. They're great, if you wear makeup.

That thing is ugly as sin: Looks like a pregnant guppy fish... The only thing real nice on that rifle is the bolt jeweling, but damn for $50.00 I can have my smith do any of my rifles like that...The atrocity on the end of the barrel made me loose my breakfast too.... Slavek, let us know when you find something really nice ok bud... My old model 70 375 has a McMillan on it, as I wanted to use the damn thing and not worry about cracking the original (any more than it already was):

[Linked Image]

Why someone would want a pregnant looking rifle is besides me. This one holds 5 (4 in the mag and 1 in the pipe) cartridges. More than enough to get the job done.. wink

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA