Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Originally Posted by carbon12
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
I've not had good luck with conventional bedding material sticking to Tupperware.

Let us know how your bedding works.

The way Ruger designed the hook up, I'm not sure bedding will do anything for the action. The floppy forearm is another matter, but may not affect much. I'm not sure. RAR's seem pretty accurate right out of the box.

DF

The foam bedding in the fore end seems to reduce the few unexplained flyers that I was getting. Don't know for sure since I have shot the rifle less than 100 times (still have a few bullets left in the once full box of Scenars) since adding the foam. The idea was not to stiffen the fore end but to make the contact between the fore end and barrel consistent with as little induced stress as possible. I don't use a bipod with the RAR so don't know how one would affect consistency. Experiment is still ongoing.

I don't think a bipod would be a good idea with that stock. Would like to hear from anyone who's tried one.

DF

I use a bipod with mine sometimes, but opened up the barrel channel generously when I got it. Mine is also the newer stock with the X reinforcements in the forend, so it doesn't flex as much. No issues so far with or without a bipod. I haven't shot it as much as I'd like either though.