A few comments:

As Yondering mentioned, the newer RAR stocks have much stiffer forends, and so far most I have seen don't even require any rasp work to keep them truly free-floating, unlike the original stock.

In my experience, if the barrel is truly free-floated (whether in the older stock or newer) there aren't any "fliers" with good ammo. An example is my stainless .243, which will keep 10 shots (not 3 or 5) at 100 under an inch with handloads using 105 Berger Hunting VLD's. Dunno why anybody would go to all the trouble of stiffening and bedding the forend when it's so simple and quick to modify them slightly to be really free-floated.

The stock triggers will normally adjust down to 2.75 to 3.25 pounds, but if you lighten the return spring a little they will go around 2 pounds. Some people may not like the pull itself but I've shot a bunch of RAR's at varmints, big game, paper and steel (the steel out to 1000 yards) and haven't had any problems. A friend's 6.5 Creedmoor outshoots his expensive custom 6.5 Creedmoor silhouette rifle with the trigger modified exactly the way mentioned above in competition.

The T/C Venture is another good one. I have a Compact (20" barrel) in .308 that's as accurate as an RAR, but with a more adjustable trigger and stiffer stock. It's also heavier: Mine weighs 8 pounds 2 ounces scoped, while my RAR standard weighs exactly 7 poounds, but to be fair 5 of those extra ounces on the Venture Compact come from its 3-9x42 Zeiss Terra, while the RAR has a 6x38 Weaver. (Rings on both are Weavers.) The T/C costs around $100 more.

It always baffles me when people buy a cheap rifle that shoots very accurately with a decent (if not spectacular) trigger pull, then spend a bunch of money and/or time to somehow make it "better." But it's free country.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck