Originally Posted by TimZ
Valsdad, would be interested to know what the technique for loading is, I could not get a round to chamber anyway I tried?

Tim

When I first took it to the range I had to push a round into the chamber, it didn't slip right in as I expected. I ended up calling the shop I got it from, he looked into it and said there had been other "reports" and referred me to Ruger I believe.

What I was told (email? phone? I'm old and it was last year so don't recall particulars now.) was that I was not to load it the same as my Blackhawk. On that one I usually would let the cylinder rotate past the "click" (hand? pawl?, not familiar with the terminology) then rotate the cylinder back to the stop and load a chamber.

That WILL NOT work on MY Single Seven.

I was told to have the round ready to slip into a chamber as the cylinder comes around and to let the round slide into the chamber before the cylinder comes around to the "click".

If not mistaken, Ruger person told me part of the problem lies in the "Seven" part of the design. They could not machine out the loading port quite enough for the rim size due to the design of the parts (again, not familiar with terms, think it was the hand) underneath, they had to redesign things inside for seven "stops" in the same space as six. Had they "hogged out" the port some more to the frame side, it would have left too thin a wall or even gone thru the wall.

Yours may have a different problem if you can actually get the rim past the loading port. Mine hung up on the rim while trying to slip in a round. Once the rim got past the loading port, they chambered pretty well.

Good luck with yours. Mine may eventually go to a smith to see if they can make it a bit easier to work with.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?