Okay, so I'm hoping this rifle is not totally snake-bit, but I don't know...

It's built by a very reputable tactical/precision rifle shop and the barrel is a new stainless Rock Creek I ordered from Bugholes. When I got the barreled action back a few months ago, I noticed that there were several surfaces of the action that were still bare steel. It went back on their dime and they fixed it. So I finally get around to bedding it, installing a trigger, mounting the scope, to sight it in this weekend. I take a look at the bore and see solid copper everywhere. Worse copper than I've ever seen on a factory test-fired rifle. So I start patching it out, blue goop pouring out continuously and the patch feel is not very smooth. I shine a light in there and there's still loads of copper but I also notice the bore is jet black. Odd for a SS tube......

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Wondering if that same Cerakote operator that screwed up the first time forgot to plug the bore? The chamber is bright silver SS, but the bore is super dark black. Would also explain all the copper in a brand new, high-end, cut-rifled barrel?

Now with even more aplomb