Originally Posted by RDFinn
It won't bother me to change out a mag box or follower.....I just don't want to be milling the action (opening feed rails) so that it becomes a permanent Ultra Mag action.

Then you may not want to do the 28 Nosler.

As per our PM, I'm sending you some 26 Nosler cases to see which actions will allow passage thru their rails. 28 and 26 Nosler, as you know, share the same case.

Bob makes a good point about the Mashburn being much easier to adapt to a std. mag. 700, no action alterations needed. But, you gotta form brass, whereas the 28 Nosler brass is high quality, ready to go, but very pricey.

I complained in the past about the price of Wby brass, even went to the trouble of converting fifty cent .25-06 brass to buck fifty .240 Wby. But now I have a 26 Nosler that uses two buck brass. Go figure that one...

DF

Edited to add, your 700 will become an Ultra Mag 700 after adaptation to the 28 Nosler, no way around it. Starting with an Ultra Mag donor is an option. I built a .404J using a M-70 Classic .300 RUM donor. That action would be a good candidate for the 28 Nosler with little or no action work needed. If it'll feed a RUM, it'll feed a Nosler. Same for an Ultra Mag 700 donor.

Last edited by Dirtfarmer; 11/10/15.