Originally Posted by Seafire
Originally Posted by kciH
I appreciate all the advice here. I think I lucked into a pretty accurate rifle for the kiddies, as it shot everything pretty well.

55gr Ballistic Tip - 48grs Big Game

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

70gr Sierra Blitz King - 41gr Varget

[Linked Image]

95gr Ballistic Tip - 44gr VV N560

[Linked Image]

The 20" barrel is fairly stout, I'm sure it helps out quite a bit. These loads all show a lot of promise, especially the 95gr NBT. I'm fairly amazed at what the cheapest M700 made can do, right out of the box...well, with a slight trigger tweak.

No slam intended toward kicH...

but I have high mileage 243s that will outdo those groups at 100 yds pretty consistently.... and its not like Seafire is some sort of big time Benchrest Shooter...

I have a harder time trying to find a powder that doesn't work well in a 243, versus one that is a whole heck of a lot better than all the rest, when it comes to accuracy...

and that is running everything thru them from SR 4759 to IMR 7828SSC...

3 different bullet weights, uncleaned sporter barrel, 20 total down the tube, and the only 4 groups fired go from an inch to 5/8"...the future looks bright!

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." TJ

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing". EB