Originally Posted by GunGeek
Originally Posted by MadMooner
A guy took a 9mm HP to the head from about 3 and 1/2 feet. I watched him call 911. He's fine(after some work).

What does this all mean?
Means it didn't penetrate the skull most likely. I had a patient who was shot from less than a foot away with a .45 ACP. Had an entrance wound above the right eye near the bridge of his nose, and an exit wound just behind his right ear, but the bullet never cracked his skull. Lesson from all this, the human skull is some seriously hard chit!

He was hit head on. So square in the face, it missed the point of his nose by a fraction of an inch. The bullet traversed the roof of his mouth, almost like a playing card on edge, and stopped before taking out the wiring on the back side.

Never hit the ground. He was a bit hard to understand due to having almost no teeth on one side of his mouth but was walking and talking.

He was chewing Big League Chew gum at the time. Remember that stuff?!? A bunch of teeth were stuck in a big wad of it that ended up on the carpet. Kinda gross.

Anyway, no round is fool proof and a single shot don't mean [bleep]. I'm fine with a a 22 because I don't ever plan on killing someone with one shot. I plan on dumping all 8 in their face and running like hell, or something similar.

Certainly don't blame others if they want to carry larger arms though.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”