No rodeo I was using 100 gn Remington Core Lokts.
I also used 100 gn winchester power points when I hunted with it. I realize many of you are using premium bullets instead of cup and core that I was using at the time.
The year before the 5 shot story I shot a mature 8 point that came by me nose to the ground after a doe. I shot him right behind the shoulder then again in the ribs as he was taking off. the third shot I swung through and fired when I pulled in front of him and hit him right at the hinge of the jaw. He had a really lousy blood trail to follow but I found him 3 to 400 yards away. His lungs were busted up and heart had a chunk out of it. Both of these deer were within 75 yards of me . It's ok if you don't believe me but you asked for experiences and I gave mine. I'll also admit that A big buck charged up with adrenaline chasing a doe might run the same distance with 30 caliber holes in him. The difference is in my experience with the bigger bullets they leave more sign to follow and the results are better. I used to deer hunt with a 243 and probably killed 30 to 40 deer with mine. I went to a bigger gun and won't be going back.