I am not fond of moly, not because there's anything inherently wrong with it, but I typically need to shoot a bunch of different bullets from my rifles for testing. Moly fouling tends to make non-coated bullets do screwy things, at least for the first few shots, so I don't use it much.

When I went to Botswana in 2002 on a buffalo/plains game hunt, one of my rifles was a Ruger No. 1 .375 H&H. I wanted to use three different bullets, all 300-grain, the Fail Safe, Nosler Partition and Speer Grand Slam tungsten-cored solid. Since the rifle was a single-shot, a round loaded with any of those bullets could easily chambered depending on the game, I removed the moly-coating and found it didn't make any noticeable difference in velocity. With the same charge of H4350 all three shot to the same point of impact, instead of varying due to moly-fouling in the bore.

Did use an Uncle Mike's buttstock cartridge carrier on that trip, which Ingwe calls a "bubba buddy." But it sure was handy, and I ended up using all three bullets on game from impala to buffalo.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck